Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lul, that little tiger is funny to watch.

Speaking of which, there's even more of than just one. This episode honestly had more humor than usual. I bet someday, that animal is going to grow up to be a badass predator. That tug of war contest...it's kinda amusing how some characters are taking it casually while others are tryharding.
Jan 21, 2018 10:17 AM
Sep 2015
What's the role of tiger cubs in the game?
Oh, and I love 'Bang!' voice instead of real shoot, so politically corrected.
Jan 21, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
phantomfandom said:
They don't have any special role in the game, Gokotai's sprite is just surrounded by tiger cubs. And after he returns from kiwame training he only has one huge tiger fighting beside him. They're probably some historical reference but I haven't looked into it.
Jan 21, 2018 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
It was funny to watch the little tigers play around and messing with everyone. They were just trying to help. That sports festival looked fun. The award was quite the surprise.
Jan 21, 2018 7:10 PM

Jan 2012
ahhh~ today's ED was such a treat! singing ccp and kara-chan ; w;) also the newest addition of sada-chan was great as well
Jan 22, 2018 2:46 AM
Feb 2016
The first part is really funny and sweet. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Jiji and Kogi in one screen together (and actually talk) ♥♥♥
Jan 23, 2018 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
The 5 little tora(tigers) are cute but a bit of a mess/disaster!
The sports fest was fun as well!
4/5.

Jan 24, 2018 5:33 AM

May 2013
mimiiria said:
phantomfandom said:
They don't have any special role in the game, Gokotai's sprite is just surrounded by tiger cubs. And after he returns from kiwame training he only has one huge tiger fighting beside him. They're probably some historical reference but I haven't looked into it.
Gokotai (the tantou) was used by a Japanese diplomat in China to fight off a bunch of tigers when he was journeying to meet the emperor.

As for why he has them in TKRB I guess one of the designers just thought it would be fun to draw/cute.

I loved this episode, it was so fun. The second half had such amazing energy and I was happy to see the new swords. Poor Heshikiri though! He tried so hard and for that. It made me actually feel bad for him, before I just thought he was a bit annoying. He was winning me over. I wish we could have seen more Ookurikara but they had to give a lot of time to the new boy I guess.
nekoma said:
ahhh~ today's ED was such a treat! singing ccp and kara-chan ; w;) also the newest addition of sada-chan was great as well
The ending was so good!!
Jan 26, 2018 6:29 AM

Mar 2016
Ka......Ka.....Ka..... It have 50 characters now.
Funny and calm as usual.
I wonder how i can enjoy this bishounen anime. TWO SEASONS??? Isnt this show for girls?

Jan 28, 2018 11:01 PM

Sep 2016
Rio_ said:
Ka......Ka.....Ka..... It have 50 characters now.
Funny and calm as usual.
I wonder how i can enjoy this bishounen anime. TWO SEASONS??? Isnt this show for girls?

Hahahaha I mean.. I guess you can say it's for girls but many guys enjoy it too! Especially many that enjoys slice of life. Plus there isn't much romance involved so it's more mild than like YOI hMM...
Nothing wrong with a little Touken Ranbu in your life~

Jan 29, 2018 7:26 AM

Dec 2016
Aww...! I can't stand the cuteness <33 The idea of putting tigers half the episode was very sweet and adorable =^o^=
This episode was very fun to watch :D Tsurumaru is the best at making suprises! Who wonder he could transform gold into a cookie XD I feel bad for Hasebe for not receiving true gold. His heart seems broken for discovering the truth about the medal...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 20, 2019 10:38 PM

Apr 2009
any episode with Kogitsunemaru is a good episode- and it's better the more screentime he get >:D!

i started watching this mainly since the discord's gotten mudae and the characters from this franchise kept popping up,
i was also reminded that i bought a kogitsunemaru-statue some year or two ago,

but there's lots of great and fun characters in this anime .w.
and i'm so happy when i can guess who they are based on their appearances _XD

....not that i've played the touken ranbu game/s, but i've watched anime with some of the characters and weapons appearing, and i've played Koei's warrior series so i know a little bit .w.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

13 by Konani »»
Jan 21, 2019 12:24 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

9 by Konani »»
Jan 21, 2019 10:42 AM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2018

8 by maigyo »»
Dec 13, 2018 1:04 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

7 by Ittan_Momen »»
Oct 31, 2018 2:37 PM

Poll: » Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

8 by Yvonnelim99 »»
Apr 7, 2018 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.