Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2017 12:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised no one made an episode discussion on this already.

In this episode we see Kodai was still struggling between firing the cannon vs. keeping the promise. At the end he was able to get into a comprosie by firing without destroying the enemy with some help.

However, whether the enemy is unable to comprehend the gesture so it's unclear whether this act will have any form of effect on the enemy. I guess it's a moral dilemma between whether Yamato can actually reach an understanding with the enemy before the enemy destroys Earth. Right now, it's clearly not working.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 6, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2012
Really amazing to see the Wave Motion Gun in action once more, he sure broke a promise but I do think on this scale he saved billions by doing so.

Really lovely episode and I did quite like the new ED song! Let's see what happens next.
May 29, 2019 12:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well, if Starsha shows up again, Kodai will have some explaining to do. Granted he has a good excuse this time.

Is it just me or is Akira getting closer to the Gamilan lieutenant?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2020 3:39 PM

Aug 2017
I feel like I'm more dissatisfied with the show's direction and characters' motivations than in the 1st season. Gatlantis is not the least bit interesting, just some ultra-evil overly confident guys. First we see this giant spaceship in the 1st episode that looks so overpowered, and now there're, how many? 2.5 MILLION of them? What? How? It completely nullifies all effects. I'm not even talking about how ridiculous that idea of a space cannon was, as well as Yamato threatening to obliterate the entire fleet of 2.5 million superships. Ah yes, so realistic.

I also wonder what took so long for Yamato to take off from the pile of boulders. What were they waiting for?

Kodai's motivation for not firing the WMG is also not believable given the absolutely ridiculous circumstances he's placed in. And what's with that brief shot of Yuki in medical uniform? WHY? Why is she there, why is she a medic, why was she not shown for the past several episodes?
Apr 8, 2020 9:50 PM
Jul 2011
This is me on Stellaris.
Aug 26, 2023 8:38 PM
Jan 2015
St0rmblade said:
I feel like I'm more dissatisfied with the show's direction and characters' motivations than in the 1st season. Gatlantis is not the least bit interesting, just some ultra-evil overly confident guys. First we see this giant spaceship in the 1st episode that looks so overpowered, and now there're, how many? 2.5 MILLION of them? What? How? It completely nullifies all effects. I'm not even talking about how ridiculous that idea of a space cannon was, as well as Yamato threatening to obliterate the entire fleet of 2.5 million superships. Ah yes, so realistic.

I also wonder what took so long for Yamato to take off from the pile of boulders. What were they waiting for?

Kodai's motivation for not firing the WMG is also not believable given the absolutely ridiculous circumstances he's placed in. And what's with that brief shot of Yuki in medical uniform? WHY? Why is she there, why is she a medic, why was she not shown for the past several episodes?
I agree with this exactly, the show isnt really grabbing me like the first season. It feels so empty and hollow where the big bads are just appearing with an even more ridiculous super weapon that gets farther and farther from actual physics

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 26 Discussion

9jaotaku - Apr 28, 2019

25 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 25 Discussion

9jaotaku - Apr 28, 2019

7 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 24 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 7, 2019

6 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Episode 15 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 23, 2018

9 by aburame_ernesto »»
Nov 13, 2023 7:34 PM

» Yamato 2202 Drinking Game

WaterSoullll - Jul 15, 2023

0 by WaterSoullll »»
Jul 15, 2023 8:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.