Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2014
After reading the summary I just hope it wont be the same failure (storywise) as kiznaiver... (also made by trigger...)
depict1Dec 22, 2017 5:04 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2017 6:32 PM

Sep 2015
Hope for the best, but expect the worst, as they say.

Dec 20, 2017 6:35 PM

Sep 2009
Lmao yeah, if it's a1, it has an extremely high chance of being garbage.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 20, 2017 6:45 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
MortalMelancholy said:

Studio trigger is also involved though, so the chances of it being bad are not that high.
Dec 20, 2017 11:13 PM

Sep 2009
StrangerMist said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Studio trigger is also involved though, so the chances of it being bad are not that high.

Trigger's still a tossup. Original anime are always like that though.
Dec 21, 2017 10:12 AM

Oct 2015
"Two horns grow out of her head." Add FLCL to the mix
Dec 21, 2017 2:16 PM

Mar 2015
MortalMelancholy said:

A-1 is just helping with the animation. The story will be a Trigger original, with action scenes directed by the god himself Hiroyuki Imaishi.
Dec 21, 2017 2:43 PM

Sep 2009
Madness17 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

A-1 is just helping with the animation. The story will be a Trigger original, with action scenes directed by the god himself Hiroyuki Imaishi.

Zat so? Certainly hope it goes well.
Dec 21, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2017
anything trigger makes = 10/10 anime
Edward Elric > your waifu

Dec 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Apr 2016
Am I the only one who thinks of Qualidea Code?

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 22, 2017 2:19 AM

Oct 2015
Eita_Izumi said:
yeah it seems like that from reading the synopsis. Even this season's Houseki no Kuni has somewhat the same premise but hasn't reached the 'truth' yet.
Dec 22, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2012
MortalMelancholy said:

What is wrong with A-1 ?!

SAO, Magi, Seven Deadly sins, Gate, Fate/Apocrypha and many others are better than anything Trigger made (except kill la kill)

In fact, most of the Trigger anime sucks. Only kill la kill and maybe little witch academia worth watching. Kiznaiver is overrated trash. All the others ones including like Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer are worse than garbage

I don't see any problem with A-1. They are large studio with many good anime

Dlwuik said:

So, you think Ninja slayer deserve 10/10 ?!

Dec 22, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2016
Trigger + Original + Mecha = Must watch, no matter what.
Dec 22, 2017 5:09 AM
Apr 2016
I don't get the hate with A1. I also personally think A1 is better than trigger. Kiznaiver and LWA is overrated in my opinion. Kill la kill is the only really good anime they did
Dec 22, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2014
thepath said:
MortalMelancholy said:

SAO, Magi, Seven Deadly sins, Gate, Fate/Apocrypha and many others are better than anything Trigger made (except kill la kill)

In fact, most of the Trigger anime sucks. Only kill la kill and maybe little witch academia worth watching. Kiznaiver is overrated trash. All the others ones including like Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer are worse than garbage

Dlwuik said:

yes, i would agree that a1 is not the main issue here, but you cannot really consider them as any kind of standard. I mean they made all those mediocre shounen stuff like fairy tail, sao, ao no exorcist, but also abominations like gate, gensou no grimgar and fate apocrypha. Yet they also did produce some exceptional titles like shinsekai yori, boku dake ga inai machi and perfect insider.

Overall nothing to be considered their default, just a big studio making every and any kind of stuff.

Trigger will probably be the main factor bringing this project down, as I guess the main reason a1 would pair up with them is just shifting the workload, to have more time for other projects.

Disclaimer: I have not seen little witch, but even if it were to be superb, it is still a completely different genre and premise, so it doesn't prove much in this case.
Dec 22, 2017 6:29 AM

Sep 2017
thepath said:

i don't think it was meant to be taken seriously like, at all. so yeah, it does deserve a 10/10. any trigger show shouldn't be taken seriously honestly.

Dec 22, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2014
Dlwuik said:
thepath said:

i don't think it was meant to be taken seriously like, at all. so yeah, it does deserve a 10/10. any trigger show shouldn't be taken seriously honestly.

I wanted to reply with something, but then I realized anything written by a 12 years old shouldn't be taken seriously either.

so yeah, i had my fun, have a good day
Dec 22, 2017 9:12 AM

Sep 2017
Meamphisto said:

I wanted to reply with something, but then I realized anything written by a 12 years old shouldn't be taken seriously either.

i'm a very intelligent 12 year old.

Dec 22, 2017 9:25 AM

Nov 2014
Dlwuik said:
Meamphisto said:

i'm a very intelligent 12 year old.

ohhh yez
i is of seeing, me be very sorri then, gomen'nasai, o yurushi kudasai senpai

(serious)^log(base serious) of (not serious)=
Dec 22, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2009
thepath said:
MortalMelancholy said:

SAO is bad, nanatsu is bad, gate is shit, and fate/apoc was almost good. They haven't actually made anything good. Haven't actually watched magi, but I doubt it's good. At least Trigger made kill la kill and little witch academia. Don't get me wrong, both studios are pretty shit, but one is clearly shittier.
Dec 22, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
thepath said:

SAO is bad, nanatsu is bad, gate is shit, and fate/apoc was almost good. They haven't actually made anything good. Haven't actually watched magi, but I doubt it's good. At least Trigger made kill la kill and little witch academia. Don't get me wrong, both studios are pretty shit, but one is clearly shittier.

You rate Akame ga Kill! 9/10 and InuYasha 9/10 but yet you don't like nanatsu ?! Weird

Little Witch Academia was ok. Not as good as any of the A-1 anime I mentioned.

InuYasha was not even that good if you ask me. Main plot was good, but there so much filler episodes, and half of the of the total episodes were boring. It is not on par or close to magi and nanatsu

I did like Akame ga Kill! but it is weird that you hate nanatsu when there is not much difference between the two. I thought people who like Akame ga Kill! will also like anime like nanatsu and magi

Kill la Kill is the only thing that can compete with A-1 top anime in my opinion. A-1 Makes a lot of anime, some are bad and some are good. Trigger makes few anime and only one of them is great (kill la kill) and another is ok (little witch academia), and all the reset sucks. Anime like inferno cop and Ninja scroll are unbelievably bad, I would even say that Ninja scroll is worse that mars of destruction, the animation does not even look like an anime
thepathDec 22, 2017 12:15 PM
Dec 22, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2009
thepath said:
MortalMelancholy said:

You rate Akame ga Kill! 9/10 and InuYasha 9/10 but yet you don't like nanatsu ?! Weird

Little Witch Academia was ok. Not as good as any of the A-1 anime I mentioned.

InuYasha was not even that good if you ask me. Main plot was good, but there so much filler episodes, and half of the of the total episodes were boring. It is not on par or close to magi and nanatsu

I did like Akame ga Kill! but it is weird that you hate nanatsu when there is not much difference between the two. I thought people who like Akame ga Kill! will also like anime like nanatsu and magi

Kill la Kill is the only thing that can compete with A-1 top anime in my opinion. A-1 Makes a lot of anime, some are bad and some are good. Trigger makes few anime and only one of them is great (kill la kill) and another is ok (little witch academia), and all the reset sucks. Anime like inferno cop and Ninja scroll are unbelievably bad, I would even say that Ninja scroll is worse that mars of destruction, the animation does not even look like an anime

Nanatsu is just incredibly generic; rather, downright boring. Yeah, Inuyasha had a lot of problems, but it was decent for its time.
A-1 makes a lot of shit, but everything it's made is pretty much bad so whatever "top anime" is basically "least shit". I'm not going to go out of my way to compare which anime is shittier lol. Trigger doesn't make as much anime, and therefore doesn't make as much shit, but at least they made kill la kill.
Dec 22, 2017 2:34 PM

Nov 2014
MortalMelancholy said:

yo dude i can understand picking kill la kill as the best of trigger, but saying that trigger at least has kill la kill, whilst a1 made fucking shinsekai yori, is simply retarded. I mean you can have some qualms about boku dake ga inai machi or perfect insider, but shinsekai yori is indisputable, so you cannot leave it out...
Dec 22, 2017 2:59 PM

Sep 2009
Meamphisto said:
MortalMelancholy said:

yo dude i can understand picking kill la kill as the best of trigger, but saying that trigger at least has kill la kill, whilst a1 made fucking shinsekai yori, is simply retarded. I mean you can have some qualms about boku dake ga inai machi or perfect insider, but shinsekai yori is indisputable, so you cannot leave it out...

It's boring as fk. Dropped it like it's hot.
Dec 22, 2017 4:47 PM

Nov 2014
MortalMelancholy said:

kool bory sto, you almost triggered me there, nt
Dec 22, 2017 5:30 PM

Sep 2009
Meamphisto said:
MortalMelancholy said:

kool bory sto, you almost triggered me there, nt

I'm happy to hear A-1's failures didn't Trigger you.
Dec 22, 2017 5:54 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
thepath said:

A1 hasn't made anything good? AnoHana? Space Brothers? Shigatsu? Sound of the sky? Demi-chan?

Dec 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2012
Dlwuik said:

Really? the people give that studio so much credit that deserve, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is a garbage for example and kill la kill is just mediocre, the only good is kiznaiver
Dec 24, 2017 7:15 AM

Nov 2014
Mario_Isla said:
Dlwuik said:

Really? the people give that studio so much credit that deserve, Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is a garbage for example and kill la kill is just mediocre, the only good is kiznaiver

yo, sorry for a small offtopic, but as i went to check how you rated kiznaiver since you called it relatively good, I found sao 2 rated 10/10 on your otherwise more or less normal list, just what the fuck, I mean you have 1st season as a reasonable 5/10, I am genuinely confused
Dec 24, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2012
Meamphisto said:
Mario_Isla said:

yo, sorry for a small offtopic, but as i went to check how you rated kiznaiver since you called it relatively good, I found sao 2 rated 10/10 on your otherwise more or less normal list, just what the fuck, I mean you have 1st season as a reasonable 5/10, I am genuinely confused

hahaha. I dont know, but a really liked the season 2, the last 2 arcs are good for me. Inou battle and kill la kill not are on my list because a watched like 5 ep of each one like and there a lot of show that I forget to put on my list of dropes, but are drops, so doesn't matter.

Dec 24, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2014
I wanted to watch it on Crunchyroll but then read the Following dreadfull words:
Licensed by Funimation

then I went like
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2017 6:53 PM

May 2015
Bourmegar said:
I wanted to watch it on Crunchyroll but then read the Following dreadfull words:
Licensed by Funimation

then I went like

Did you forget about the Crunchyroll/Funimation (VRV)? Funimation is doing the English dub and CR will do the English sub. Here's more information: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-21/crunchyroll-streams-darling-in-the-franxx-promo-with-english-subtitles/.125614
Dec 25, 2017 11:31 PM

May 2009
Madness17 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Wrong, it's Trigger that helps with animation for action scenes. Staff is mostly first Idolmaster team with Nishigori as director (they are former Gainax members), written by him and Plastic Memories writer.

MortalMelancholy said:
Nanatsu is just incredibly generic; rather, downright boring.

How a show with absurdly strong team of veterans, immortal, fairy, giantess and 4000 years old son of demon lord generic?

Bourmegar said:
Licensed by Funimation

then I went like

You want Amazon or Netflix? Are you crazy?
bastek66Dec 25, 2017 11:34 PM
Dec 26, 2017 1:11 AM

Sep 2009
bastek66 said:

MortalMelancholy said:

How a show with absurdly strong team of veterans, immortal, fairy, giantess and 4000 years old son of demon lord generic?

Nothing in Nanatsu is different from the hundreds of shounen that came before it. Especially since what you mentioned are some of the most common character tropes you can find anywhere. I mean, it's not worse than any other boring generic shounen, but it's certainly not good.
Dec 26, 2017 2:59 AM

Jun 2017
Eita_Izumi said:

I am getting the same vibes. I enjoyed Qualidea Code quite much thanks to the amazing side characters (we barely saw the main duo lmao), I know it wasn't anything revolutionary but if this hits at least the same level I will be satisfied.
Dec 26, 2017 5:33 AM

Oct 2014
RoseVue said:
Bourmegar said:
Licensed by Funimation

then I went like

Did you forget about the Crunchyroll/Funimation (VRV)? Funimation is doing the English dub and CR will do the English sub. Here's more information: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-12-21/crunchyroll-streams-darling-in-the-franxx-promo-with-english-subtitles/.125614

But Funi still has the License wich means that It will be US and UK only....

bastek66 said:
Madness17 said:

Wrong, it's Trigger that helps with animation for action scenes. Staff is mostly first Idolmaster team with Nishigori as director (they are former Gainax members), written by him and Plastic Memories writer.

MortalMelancholy said:

Bourmegar said:
Licensed by Funimation

then I went like

No I am not. I just don't want to be REGIONLOCKED.
Dec 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Jun 2017
Bourmegar said:
RoseVue said:

bastek66 said:

You can always use VPN....
Dec 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
MomoSinX said:
Bourmegar said:

VPN's tend to slow down unless you pay them.....
Dec 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2017
Bourmegar said:
MomoSinX said:

Welp, can't argue with that. You have to get lucky xd.
Dec 26, 2017 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
MomoSinX said:
Bourmegar said:

Welp, can't argue with that. You have to get lucky xd.

Yh I tried using them for free on cr.. watching a vid there with a vpn became impossible
Dec 27, 2017 9:07 PM

May 2009
MortalMelancholy said:
Nothing in Nanatsu is different from the hundreds of shounen that came before it. Especially since what you mentioned are some of the most common character tropes you can find anywhere. I mean, it's not worse than any other boring generic shounen, but it's certainly not good.

What a shit arguments. There is nothing new but execution is much better. Where do you find another 4k years old demon protagonist? Even romance is better than in generic shounens, which usually have nothing.
Dec 27, 2017 11:39 PM

Sep 2009
bastek66 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

What a shit arguments. There is nothing new but execution is much better. Where do you find another 4k years old demon protagonist? Even romance is better than in generic shounens, which usually have nothing.

I'm not even making arguments, just pointing out the obvious. Oh wow, an ageless demon protagonist is so unique and creative, just having one in your anime automatically adds points. It's not like it's a trope you can find everywhere, like in Hataraku Maou, Inuyasha, Kuroshitsuji, or Hellsing.And yeah, Nanatsu has so much more no-romance than all other generic shounens; I don't actually know how it can have a greater amount of something that it doesn't have in the first place, but hey. I'm impressed.
Dec 28, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2009
MortalMelancholy said:
I'm not even making arguments, just pointing out the obvious. Oh wow, an ageless demon protagonist is so unique and creative, just having one in your anime automatically adds points. It's not like it's a trope you can find everywhere, like in Hataraku Maou, Inuyasha, Kuroshitsuji, or Hellsing.And yeah, Nanatsu has so much more no-romance than all other generic shounens; I don't actually know how it can have a greater amount of something that it doesn't have in the first place, but hey. I'm impressed.

Except there is plenty of romance: Ban and Elaine, King and Dianne, Meliodas and Elizabeth, even Zeldoris and his dead vampire lover.
Dec 28, 2017 3:40 PM

Sep 2009
bastek66 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Except there is plenty of romance: Ban and Elaine, King and Dianne, Meliodas and Elizabeth, even Zeldoris and his dead vampire lover.

Elaine died; it's pretty typical for generic shounen to only have tragic romance in a flashback/backstory. King and Diannes' feelings are onesided, which you find in pretty much every single shounen. Meliodas and Elizabeth have a the typical stagnant romance-bait relationship that you find in every single shounen. Don't know who the hell Zeldoris is, but he wasn't in the anime.
Dec 29, 2017 1:17 AM

Nov 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
bastek66 said:

Elaine died; it's pretty typical for generic shounen to only have tragic romance in a flashback/backstory. King and Diannes' feelings are onesided, which you find in pretty much every single shounen. Meliodas and Elizabeth have a the typical stagnant romance-bait relationship that you find in every single shounen. Don't know who the hell Zeldoris is, but he wasn't in the anime.

i assume he is reading manga (he - bastek), so the relationships are not like you depicted there, they are not stagnant, BUT WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ARGUE ABOUT QUALITY OF A SHOUNEN BASED ON THE ROMANCE PART XDXDXDXD?

romance is the shittiest part of any shounen title, so what does it matter that it is there, nanatsu is still in one term a deus ex machina cringefest, cant really lift that up with some kisses and huggies can you now?

Dec 29, 2017 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
I'll be the hipster fuck to say it sounds more like fafner dead aggressor than evangelion, group kids being bred solely for fighting an alien menace whilst protected what is one of the only last beacons of humanity in a small isolated bubble of civilization, thats basically what made me love fafner's setting so much even if the first seasons numerous problems tried to mask that.

I really hope this turns out well, i feel like alot is riding on this, gainax has made 1 really groundbreaking mecha series every decade, gunbuste rin the 80's, eva in the 90's, gurren in the 00's, and maybe just maybe franxx could be the 10's, or it could be an unmitigated disaster, a waste of potential, aldnoah zero trainwreck, and so on.
JizzyHitlerDec 29, 2017 8:08 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2017 8:57 PM

Sep 2009
North514 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Question is how is that A-1's fault? Most of the works stated were written in other formats which at that point all that matters is the adaption of said content material. Are you going to blame the animators and staff for adapting stories even if you read in their written/drawn form you would also dislike. If you think its generic did you also feel that way about the manga then ultimately that would be the original creator's fault not the studio. SAO might be bad in your opinion but they did a good job on the animation and world design (main reason I gave it as high of a score as I did) by putting out great action scenes and very colorful/vibrant worlds fitting for a story set within an MMO. Considering their jobs on this series it seems they have continued to aid in doing as I do like the art and style in the PV's so far. If you don't like that style thats more up to preference than any fault on their part.

Most of the anime that people tend to have a problem with I have found come from their issues with the story which can only be put at the fault of the animator if they cut out essential parts of the story or structure it in a weird way. Personally I haven't read any of the manga/light novels of the works they have adapted so I can't tell if that is really the issue. I have heard some fans of Fairy Tail say they had troubles with the adaptation later on in the story though again A-1 I have heard tends to have a lot of contractors (I don't know if this is true) so it could also explain why some series turn out better than others.

It's pretty simple; the studio's job is to create something that works in the medium. Plenty of anime have generic sources, but still managed to be successful.
Dec 29, 2017 9:20 PM

Oct 2017
MortalMelancholy said:
North514 said:

Question is how is that A-1's fault? Most of the works stated were written in other formats which at that point all that matters is the adaption of said content material. Are you going to blame the animators and staff for adapting stories even if you read in their written/drawn form you would also dislike. If you think its generic did you also feel that way about the manga then ultimately that would be the original creator's fault not the studio. SAO might be bad in your opinion but they did a good job on the animation and world design (main reason I gave it as high of a score as I did) by putting out great action scenes and very colorful/vibrant worlds fitting for a story set within an MMO. Considering their jobs on this series it seems they have continued to aid in doing as I do like the art and style in the PV's so far. If you don't like that style thats more up to preference than any fault on their part.

Most of the anime that people tend to have a problem with I have found come from their issues with the story which can only be put at the fault of the animator if they cut out essential parts of the story or structure it in a weird way. Personally I haven't read any of the manga/light novels of the works they have adapted so I can't tell if that is really the issue. I have heard some fans of Fairy Tail say they had troubles with the adaptation later on in the story though again A-1 I have heard tends to have a lot of contractors (I don't know if this is true) so it could also explain why some series turn out better than others.

It's pretty simple; the studio's job is to create something that works in the medium. Plenty of anime have generic sources, but still managed to be successful.

I guess our views there differ but looking at the PV's I think if it does have a good story it should be a successful series. I think they have done a good job on the design of the mechs and the characters.
Dec 29, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2009
North514 said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I guess our views there differ but looking at the PV's I think if it does have a good story it should be a successful series. I think they have done a good job on the design of the mechs and the characters.

... Are we talking about A-1 here? lol
Dec 30, 2017 12:21 AM

May 2009
Meamphisto said:
i assume he is reading manga (he - bastek), so the relationships are not like you depicted there, they are not stagnant, BUT WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ARGUE ABOUT QUALITY OF A SHOUNEN BASED ON THE ROMANCE PART XDXDXDXD?

romance is the shittiest part of any shounen title, so what does it matter that it is there, nanatsu is still in one term a deus ex machina cringefest, cant really lift that up with some kisses and huggies can you now?

It's good in Nanatsu.

MortalMelancholy said:

Ah, anime only
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

329 by dark_weeboo »»
May 2, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

356 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

598 by poscula »»
Apr 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.