Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2015
I don't care anything anymore on this Tri.

But can i hope Tri maybe just get one thing right? like just a cool fight scene without too much PLOT ARMOR just like they did on all 5 movie.

Just don't make a cheap plot twist using "All Delete" attack to remove this Tri timeline from canon because they don't want get killed by fans.

And hopefully announces Xross Wars Movie/Hunter remake or the manga version or V tamer anime adaptation after the credit on last movie.
Into the Internet!
Dec 9, 2017 10:43 PM

Apr 2013
I'm only still watching because I'm a fucking completionist and I just want this to end. I haven't given a single dime to anything Tri-related so I have no right to complain it was a waste of money, but I will say this has become a waste of time just like it's become a waste of a plot.

Every Digimon fan has ragged on Zero Two for being a mess by the end, but at least that series is enjoyable from beginning to end, and it at least had tied up some loose ends and had interesting ideas that more-or-less lived up to expectations, and the characters needed (and deserved) the amount of screen time they had (even though yes, the original DigiDestined had to be shafted to the side to make room). I just can't say the same for Tri, and I doubt the last film will fulfill it.

Just... goddammit, Toei.
Dec 9, 2017 11:55 PM

Nov 2009
Am I the only one still enjoying it?

I have some level of faith, anyways, that the story will tie up properly, but I'm preparing myself in case it doesn't. At the very least, it's been a great nostalgia trip for me. My only real concern is the 02 cast. I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to anime, so I'll be happy as long as they are addressed, the movie is enjoyable, and there are no glaring plot holes. I can't help feeling like the 02 cast are just going to be unvoiced silhouettes at the end that appear just for the sake of appearing.

The main draw for me has always been nostalgia, and while I want them to do a good job with this movie, I'm just so easy to please. I can definitely understand why others are more unhappy with it, though. I often find myself really enjoying anime that are very flawed or [admittedly] garbage quality lol.
Dec 10, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2014
Why am I still watching? I started watching it 2 years ago and I enjoyed the first 3 films, which still makes the whole, so far, pentology worth watching. I still believe that the sixth film may be the redemption for the fourth and fifth releases (I also believed the 5th would be the 4th's redemption), but not enough to put me back on the hype of the first three episodes, there is only one episode left what's the harm on finishing it?
Dec 17, 2017 10:24 AM

Mar 2015
I am watching because it's Digimon, but I have 0 expectations for the last movie. I will not be surprised if it ends up being even worse than the last one. I'm so disappointed in Tri and, for me, these movies suck so much that I'm not recognizing them as canon. Fuck them.
Dec 19, 2017 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
BliuBliu said:
I'm so disappointed in Tri and, for me, these movies suck so much that I'm not recognizing them as canon. Fuck them.

Yeaaaah I'm not sure if I want to consider them canon, either, which sucks because there's some neat ideas introduced, but it's been poorly executed. I have to wonder what the Japanese consensus of these films are, them and money are what Toei cares about more than anything.
Dec 19, 2017 2:48 PM

Mar 2015
Lil-Bird said:
Yeaaaah I'm not sure if I want to consider them canon, either, which sucks because there's some neat ideas introduced, but it's been poorly executed. I have to wonder what the Japanese consensus of these films are, them and money are what Toei cares about more than anything.

I'd like to know Japanese consensus, too. As for money, I think that each movie grossed over 1 million dollars except the last one and also the dvd and bluray sales have been good and consistent. I don't know what was the budget for the movies, but I'm guessing around 200-300000$ at best. So I think it's possible that there'll be more to come after the 6th movie.
Jan 7, 2018 10:55 PM
Oct 2017
I am not sure, I want to watch it after reunion. Six doesn't come out tell later in 2018-I think May. The reason is I don't think I am going to like what happens to
in the episode according to a partial wiki spoiler (Technically the wiki movie episode list is more like a hint, then a spoiler). I would like to know how that person got that info this early. I think it might mess up the ending to the original digimon adventure 2. I really prefer that ending, it is more of a closure. In this case, I am referring to the dub. Since, I always watched it on tv.
patday8472Jan 7, 2018 11:02 PM
Jan 15, 2018 12:17 AM

Apr 2013
patday8472 said:
I am not sure, I want to watch it after reunion. Six doesn't come out tell later in 2018-I think May. The reason is I don't think I am going to like what happens to
in the episode according to a partial wiki spoiler (Technically the wiki movie episode list is more like a hint, then a spoiler). I would like to know how that person got that info this early. I think it might mess up the ending to the original digimon adventure 2. I really prefer that ending, it is more of a closure. In this case, I am referring to the dub. Since, I always watched it on tv.

I try to take these spoilers with a grain of salt, because when they get released, they're done with rough translations that don't always accurately describe what's going on. Whatever this spoiler is, if it turns out to indeed mess with the events of the epilogue (because Tri is supposed to bridge the gap), I can't imagine the shitshow that'll come from it. Like I'm sure most of, if not the majority of the fanbase can agree the epilogue was really rushed and doesn't make sense in some areas, but the biggest criticism to have come from Tri is the lack of explanation about what happened to Davis and the others. It's not like the movies have completely forgotten about Zero Two since elements from the season are still around, but it just makes me wonder what was the thought process behind Tri besides "This'll rain money".

I'm dead serious when I say this is close to becoming the Dragon Ball GT of Digimon, and it's not helping that there's some eerie similarities between the two, especially in terms of its direction.
Jan 17, 2018 11:36 AM
Jul 2012
I personally really enjoy Tri overall and don't see why it gets quite a bit of hate.
Jan 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Jakerams said:
I personally really enjoy Tri overall and don't see why it gets quite a bit of hate.

I don't hate tri as a whole, I recognize there's something to enjoy about the series, but I personally hate how much potential it has wasted. Like I get what it's trying to do, it's trying to explain how it is the epilogue will (would?) come to be while also showing how the DigiDestined grow up. Unfortunately, it introduced characters that are either plot devices, take up too much screentime that should've gone to the original DigiDestined, and/or have wasted potential.

Of those new characters, the one I'm most disappointed in is Maki Himekawa, and I'm getting that unshakeable feeling she was being used much like Oikawa was, which I think devalues her as a character she was being set up to be. She could've been a great villain, and a tragic villain at that. But even though the reboot was all her idea (oh yeah, speaking of Oikawa, friendly reminder the reboot erased him from existence--the butterflies still exist in the epilogue, so the reboot may be reversed which honestly makes the whole point of a reboot pointless and a waste of time), and it's also possible Meicoomon's existence is thanks to her, Maki's only going to get a slap on the wrist at the end of the day as her form of redemption. Because only Digimon can be true villains in the Adventure-verse, I guess.
Jan 17, 2018 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
I started, because I loved to see the old characters I liked so much in my childhood again. It's good to see how they are doing in life and watch them growing up.
The art style is absolutely awesome as well. It's modern and more "realistic". I always disliked the art in the 1st and 2nd season and wished it would look more like the Hosoda-movies.

Pros and contras with story spoilers:

removed-userJan 17, 2018 11:36 PM
Jan 17, 2018 10:18 PM

Oct 2013
one thing idont like in tri is plot holes look like become as dragonball gt

will still watch it reason original cast... will i wonder what happen in 02 cast if they not show up other will happy and others will not be happy reason Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion) show all main characters, if 02 cast die or not show up in this tri this will be call not canon or maybe alternate timeline parallel world same to dragonball gt.
Jan 24, 2018 11:23 PM

Jun 2007
I'm still watching because I'm an amv editor and a really HUGE Takari fan and amv editors will put up with anything just to get that extra footage...I hate this series, it was getting better and now unfortunately it's going downhill and while I will never consider this canon to the anime I will use it just to have the footage I need when editing Takari cause they doin't have enough moments as is!
Jan 28, 2018 4:33 PM
Mar 2015
its my fave anime when i was in kids day.
May 5, 2018 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
To have a real post-Third Impact conclusion. Since Anno doesn't want to deliver one himself.
May 6, 2018 7:30 AM
Jun 2017
Because I'm in love with this series. I try to not look for errors or bad things, i just enjoy it.
May 6, 2018 9:59 AM
Dec 2008
After watching the whole series here I begin wondering after 26eps / 6 movies: When does ANYTHING start HAPPENING. Literally NOTHING happens. NOTHING AT ALL. No plot. No developments. No story. Just 26 episodes of FILLER. I have seen bad series but this TOPS IT ALL;.
May 6, 2018 10:24 AM

Sep 2010
desgostoamargo said:
Because I'm in love with this series. I try to not look for errors or bad things, i just enjoy it.

I agree with you, I love the atmosphere, how it reminds me of my childhood days...

LGHyourinmaru said:
After watching the whole series here I begin wondering after 26eps / 6 movies: When does ANYTHING start HAPPENING. Literally NOTHING happens. NOTHING AT ALL. No plot. No developments. No story. Just 26 episodes of FILLER. I have seen bad series but this TOPS IT ALL;.

I agree with you as well, but I really am glad that for the last 2,5 years, Digimon somehow became a part of my adulthood. So I will always remember "Butterfly" happily anyways.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. 6: Bokura no Mirai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

138 by Erdgeist »»
Feb 15, 4:53 AM

» About Digimon Girls

RaVeN_Mortus - Jun 30, 2022

2 by RaVeN_Mortus »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:48 PM

» Did (spoiler) have an implied kiss?

animeguru90 - May 4, 2018

7 by CataOrShane »»
May 9, 2020 3:28 PM

» So, why was (spoiler) evil ?

MonsieurPapillon - Nov 4, 2019

1 by Rei_III »»
Apr 25, 2020 5:25 AM

» One more to go, let's hope the 02 cast start existing again

LucDisway - Sep 30, 2017

36 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 28, 2020 10:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.