Forum Settings
Forums

if you heard someone with a anime ringtone on a bus would you talk to em

New
Mar 19, 2010 11:33 AM

Feb 2010
there was a post about anime op or ed ringtones in another post but i was wondering if you heard someone with the ringtone of a anime would you feel like you would want to talk to them? knowing you have something in common like
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2010 11:38 AM
Aug 2009
No.
Mar 19, 2010 11:39 AM

Feb 2008
No.
Mar 19, 2010 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
No.
"Ever-newer waters flow on those who step into the same rivers." - Heraclitus, the weeping philosopher.
Mar 19, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
ΝΟ
Mar 19, 2010 12:04 PM

Feb 2010
wow seriously?
not even if it coulda been a new friend? :O
i would as its worth a try to talk about something
Mar 19, 2010 12:06 PM
Feb 2010
i probably would if i recognized the anime ringtone :P

Mar 19, 2010 12:10 PM

Feb 2010
i know a persons space is there space alone but like it happend to me not long ago :P i was playing the song from higurashi and someone talked to me XD even tho i dont talk to him no more i still see him sometimes on the same bus and we have a little chat
Mar 19, 2010 12:15 PM
Feb 2010
see i wouldn't mind at all if either :P

plus i'd chat with them if i saw them as well :P

Mar 19, 2010 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
hehe gives you something to do on the bus huh? but i was mainly wondering if people was to shy to talk about what they liked because if i saw someone with a ringtone i knew i would probaly talk to them as its worth a try in the long run whats going to happen really? XD
Mar 19, 2010 12:21 PM
Apr 2009
Nope, and I don't really have a reason. I just wouldn't want to talk with someone just because he/she watches anime.
Mar 19, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
No.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Mar 19, 2010 12:23 PM

Feb 2010
hehe not even if you was sitting next to them ? :O
Mar 19, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
bestiedamo1 said:
hehe not even if you was sitting next to them ? :O

No. I would be irritated. I hate people with loud :songs: as their ringtones. Music does not sound good when 1) made into a ring tone 2) played over shitty cell phone speakers.

Also, unlikely the person would have a good anime op/ed ring tone.

Also, I don't like anime fans.

Also, I hate talking to random people.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Mar 19, 2010 12:33 PM

Aug 2007
No because they would be too much of a weeaboo.
Mar 19, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2010
:P so you dont feel annoyed when sitting next to someone for 1 hour just sitting there paitiaintly waiting for the end of the ride... and my phone has speakers which play music with real sounds so it sounds the same
most phones sound canned and tinned but what are headphones for really
anyway i aint gna start a troll on my own post so im off :P
Mar 19, 2010 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
Of course ^^)

Mar 19, 2010 12:40 PM

Feb 2010
MisterSaito said:
Of course ^^)

yay ^.^
Mar 19, 2010 12:43 PM

Oct 2007
No.
I tend not to talk to random people.
Mar 19, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2010
its not like you will see them again so why not :P
Mar 19, 2010 12:47 PM

Dec 2008
No, I don't talk to random people.
Mar 19, 2010 1:05 PM

May 2008
Well, if it was a hot chick... yeah right lol.

Mar 19, 2010 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
corbenic said:
Well, if it was a hot guy... yeah right lol.
Mar 19, 2010 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
see these 2 have the right ideaa!!
well except the hot guy one im a boy lol dont want boys i want girls ^.^
Mar 19, 2010 2:15 PM

Mar 2009
Cowabunga said:
Mar 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Apr 2007
This

Cowabunga said:

And this

corbenic said:
Well, if it was a hot chick... yeah right lol.
Mar 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Feb 2005
Nay.

Though I might give them a respectful nod if it was something like the Votoms OP or one of the LoGH OPs.
But chances are it would be some Jpop op of some newfangled moe show.
Mar 19, 2010 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
haha XD i get your point well atleast you guys are giving better answers man its nice to know there are nice people :D
Mar 19, 2010 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
If it was like an old guy... no. If it was someone my age, I might say something. Depends on how social I'm feeling I guess.
Mar 19, 2010 2:24 PM
Mar 19, 2010 2:24 PM

Jun 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Oh no not that stupid term again that every silly teenager troll uses on the internet.

bestiedamo1 said:
wow seriously?

Why would i talk to him/her? Just because that person might like anime? So what? I bet many people in that bus like other things that i might like, am not gonna stop and talk to every stranger around. Besides i obviously have somewhere to go since am in the bus. It's not like we are gonna get off the bus and sit at a cafe for chitchat or go to the movies to kill time. I have my own business to look after.
Mar 19, 2010 2:27 PM

Aug 2009
No. Just... no.

Pokemon theme song is one thing, but if it's a well known anime, then no.
Mar 19, 2010 2:28 PM

Feb 2010
well its your own choice ^.^ im not here to troll just to see your opinion
Mar 19, 2010 2:31 PM

May 2008
You know what, I probably would. Same if a person is playing music I like.
It's nice to meet people you have things in common with, and it's a conversation starter.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 19, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
yup thats true if your stuck with them anyway for abit its something to do
btw i had to look what the word weeaboo means roflll XD
Mar 19, 2010 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
If they looked nice and friendly. Clannad opening?

We're gunna date.
Mar 19, 2010 2:42 PM

May 2008
I met my current girlfriend when I commented on the book she was reading when we were the only two people on a bus. Not exactly the same thing, but close. Go for it.
Mar 19, 2010 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
Monad said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Oh no not that stupid term again that every silly teenager troll uses on the internet.

bestiedamo1 said:
wow seriously?

Why would i talk to him/her? Just because that person might like anime? So what? I bet many people in that bus like other things that i might like, am not gonna stop and talk to every stranger around. Besides i obviously have somewhere to go since am in the bus. It's not like we are gonna get off the bus and sit at a cafe for chitchat or go to the movies to kill time. I have my own business to look after.

Lol at your ignorance. Everybody uses the term. Not just trolls and teenagers.
Mar 19, 2010 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
Axilla said:
I barely talk to my family and 'friends', I'm not going to start talking to random people...on a bus.
Mar 19, 2010 3:01 PM

Feb 2008
I have talked with many people who liked anime, not on bus, but elsewhere, but seriously, it's hard to find someone, who likes same genres, or same animes.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 19, 2010 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
thats why i would take any chance posible man i aint heard no one use anime or jap songs on the bus... so ill take any chance i get if its a girl bonus xD
Mar 19, 2010 3:36 PM

Feb 2005
spupapi said:
I have talked with many people who liked anime, not on bus, but elsewhere, but seriously, it's hard to find someone, who likes same genres, or same animes.
Exactly. Almost every time I've happened upon other anime fans, it's been all about Naruto, Bleach or maybe FMA. I think at least three out of the four guys in my troop that watched anime was only into some of the mainstream ones.

If anything, It would be easier if you met someone in a anime store that was buying something you liked, but otherwise, going all "Oh, you like annie mays?" on the bus like that would be pretty much the same as "I see you like music" to someone with a mp3 player.
Mar 19, 2010 3:47 PM

Feb 2010
haha yea XD ive never acualy seen a anime store or a manga store ... dont even know if they exist in wolverhampton lol
Mar 19, 2010 3:52 PM

May 2008
I think that some people that would say no on the matter have been influenced by internet memes that would make them react in such a way.

The "cool" internet culture right now is to "let's show these socialite kids what a REAL otaku is". By acting like a real antisocial hikikomori, like you would find on Japan's 2ch. And implying that showing commonality and normalcy is better social skills than being an open weirdo. That avoiding people is good because nobody would like your sick "geeky" habit and would rather be caught dead than having another human being know you like anime. And that it should be avoided at all costs.

And by odd creation, trying to enforce an idea of shame that would mirror the concepts these people read about in the Chrysanthemum and the Sword. And though no matter what the anthropological case, doing such by going overboard with antisociality and becoming a shut in or extremely closeted is far less acceptable and socially skilled in any society.

Furthermore, these people go on to establish certain things about beauty and standards which are blatantly Darwinistic and pathetic. That anime fans are not beautiful and that people into anime because they are failures at courtship, that there is a hierarchy of looks, and they should aim for the top of beauty "alpha female" and secure their place in selection as close to the gold medal as possible, and that this false idea about beauty being objective in their minds and failing at understanding evolution, find it more important to top that fake ladder and go for a person who is sexy and does not have in interest in anime, above someone who has a good personality. Besides, these people partially view men who settle down as beta males to begin with and Darwinistically judge a man's worth by their ability to spread their seed.

This concept overlaps with calling people weeaboos, gaiafags, not hiding their power levels, "have you no shame in public". When people have "you rage you lose" tests with anime fans, and say "this is why we can't have nice things, can't you keep your power level down and not do something so stupid, nobody I know knows I'm an anime freak". This is popular in imageboard culture, because people think this sort of thing is funny. And because unlike those weak pansy emo kids they're cool tough misanthropists who hate everyone and wallow around in sadness properly.

I, for one, don't understand why people think this is so funny. It's a dumb joke and then there are the other people who are idiotic enough to take it seriously. But what do I know? Most people seem to think that EncyclopediaDramatica is the most hilarious satire site imaginable.

Me, I personally like talking to and meeting random people.
And I don't feel shame in being myself. I feel like I have a variety of interests and I don't shove them onto others. I wait and find out what other people like, and if it's something I have in common with this person, I'll share that.

And if a person shares something with me, that means that person has a good personality trait. At least one. One that would make me get along better with them. And being told by another person they have a nice ringtone would probably make them feel good. If not, then oh well, this person didn't have much of a good personality besides being an anime fan, anyway. There's absolutely no harm in striking up a conversation like that.

And human beings are just fun to talk to. Even as silly and often illogical as we are. It's not always going to go well, but that's human variety for you.

The other reasons I haven't stated aren't so bad to not be interested in talking to an anime fan. I never claimed all reasons are like this, there are just among the more silly ones. I certainly agree that liking anime is about like liking music. You should also have an in common.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 19, 2010 3:54 PM

Feb 2008
bestiedamo1 said:
haha yea XD ive never acualy seen a anime store or a manga store ... dont even know if they exist in wolverhampton lol

Who would buy a overpriced manga in store, when you can read it online.
I don't know actual prices of mangas in Japan or China. But in Europe or in US
it's pretty expensive for something, you can have for free, in my opinium.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

Mar 19, 2010 3:54 PM
Aug 2009
No. And if somebody will talk to me because of my ringtone, it will not be a pleasure.
Mar 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
probably not.
Mar 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
The difference between music and anime is, that most of people here, are living in western continents. Everyone likes music, i don't know anyone who dislike music. This topic talks about Anime, something that isn't so common in neighbourhood, something not so common in our society. You can't compare it to music.

Mar 19, 2010 4:03 PM
Oct 2009
i would hit on that person
Mar 19, 2010 4:11 PM

Feb 2005
spupapi said:
The difference between music and anime is, that most of people here, are living in western continents. Everyone likes music, i don't know anyone who dislike music. This topic talks about Anime, something that isn't so common in neighbourhood, something not so common in our society. You can't compare it to music.
But saying that you like anime is in effect still pretty similar to saying you like music. It does not give any information on what you like, just that you like something from that specific medium.
That could be anything from a broad and shallow appreciation ranging from the mainstream shounens to a couple of classics or it could be a specific interest in one genre and lots of obscure titles.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you played the game above you? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jul 20, 2021

6267 by dreamingneon »»
1 minute ago

» Guess the above user's anime crush from their favorites v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 16, 2017

4376 by AdamBirch »»
1 minute ago

» Name an anime that starts with the last letter of the last anime commented v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 12, 2022

4644 by dreamingneon »»
2 minutes ago

» Ban the User Above You v.22 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 2

788 by viraat_pirate »»
2 minutes ago

» Make a song title with the last letter v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Nov 29, 2022

6013 by dreamingneon »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.