Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2010 11:11 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
*Dies* O.O Loved it
Mar 19, 2010 12:04 PM

Nov 2008
It was another great chapter but I think that this arc is staring to get old. I don't mean to say that the story is boring but I wish it would be resolved. I want to know who the murderer is.

Tanaka came out of nowhere! LOL Interesting, I wonder how things will go from here.

The Woodly guy mentioned the Queen, and how Ciel was the her dog, I wonder if it in deed those murders were ordered by the queen. After all during this time, England was protecting its monopoly on international trading, shipments etc.

What do you guys think?
Mar 19, 2010 12:41 PM

Jun 2008
AHHH FANTASTIC CHAPTER.

Ciel's smile<3
Mar 19, 2010 2:13 PM
Jan 2010
Ciel's smile made me melt.
And he said he forgot how to smile...

But anyway, Tanaka surprised me a bit. I did think someone would interfere, but I didn't think it was going to be him.
Mar 19, 2010 2:51 PM

May 2008
Tanaka PWNS lol and I definitely can't wait for Sebastian to come back, there is no way a demon died that easily. I wonder how they will explain all of this away though...

Mar 19, 2010 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
wow. Tanaka surprised me. Kicking ass, a true Phantomhive servant!!
Ciel's smile was so cute ( and devilish)!!
I still think Sebastian is alive, specially after seeing the last page...
Three pieces where out of the game, but one, the pawn, was still standing... that gives me hope!
Mar 19, 2010 6:23 PM

Jun 2008
DUDE TANAKA. That was wicked cool.

I am really enjoying this arc! The only thing that really bothers me is that it's so...complex (?) that I have to go back and reread the last few pages of the previous chapter to get back into the story. Oh well.

My money is still on that Ciel, Sebastian, and Lau are all behind it. <3

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Mar 19, 2010 7:06 PM

Sep 2009
Tanaka be taking them bitches DOWN!
Mar 19, 2010 8:21 PM

Dec 2007
lol just look at Ciel's smile. He's so behind all this. o_o + sebastian is totally still alive. >_> *pokes last page*
But what is the point of having mr.wordsmith around? D:

OH YEAH. AND YOU ROCK TANAKA! <3
Mar 19, 2010 10:13 PM

Dec 2008
GO TANAKA!!
He completely surprised me. No wonder Sebastian respects him above all the other Phantomhive servants.

Anyway, I have to say I'm loving every chapter of this arc. I definitely think Ciel and Sebastian had this all planned out from the beginning - there are plenty of clues. However, there are still lots of unanswered questions up in the air so I'm looking forward to the next chapter :3
Mar 19, 2010 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
This chapter gave me the impression that Ciel knows something big that we, and the other characters, don't. I think we all know that Sebastian never really died, but I'm really looking forward to how they explain it all! Even though it doesn't really appear to have any relevance to the overall plot, I'm actually really enjoying this arc ^^.
Mar 20, 2010 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
OMG Tanaka *_*!!! Is he a demon as well? Or could it be Sebastian disguised as him =))?
Anyway, he rocks!! Definitely changed my opinion about him...

Well, other than being really quick to point out his suspicions towards Lau, his long-term ally,Ciel has pretty much behaved like himself this chap: cocky and definitely knowing something more than meets the eye >:). Oh and I'm looking forward to when Sebastian re-appears, I kinda miss him already...

I really like this arc too :). Just that I wish the manga was published more often than once a month :(

Mar 20, 2010 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
Uskaro said:

That's exactly what I think as well >:)

Mar 20, 2010 3:54 AM

Sep 2008
why do I feel that Wordsmith is the murderer, Ceil's last comment was indicating something "let's corner the criminal" ?!

Sebastian's death is fake and Ceil knows that, he got over it quickly so it confirms that everything was planned out
but seriously Tanaka owns *w*
bibi bubu baba
Mar 20, 2010 4:23 AM

Nov 2008
Wow, I almost forgot how great Kuroshitsuji looks. The rooms, the clothes, all is perfect, so detailed, ah~~
Mar 20, 2010 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
Great. XD.
Ciel and phantomhive servants can't stop to amaze me. XD. See whole their faces. wow. O.O

Mar 20, 2010 12:29 PM

Dec 2009
I love Mr. Wordsmith haha C:
Even though he has alibi's for all the murders, his alibi's seemed planned to me.
I have a feeling, this will all be apart of a story of his // or maybe he really killed them all...

Tanaka was amazing, he keeps amazing me.
OH! The Queens guard... um I think he was called Earl Grey (That's a yummy tea too!) ... um yeah he seems sort of guilty... I think he's in on something... [:
Mar 20, 2010 7:35 PM

Jan 2010
bialovesanime said:
wow. Tanaka surprised me. Kicking ass, a true Phantomhive servant!!
Ciel's smile was so cute ( and devilish)!!
I still think Sebastian is alive, specially after seeing the last page...
Three pieces where out of the game, but one, the pawn, was still standing... that gives me hope!

just what i was thinking :P
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Mar 20, 2010 10:05 PM

Aug 2007
TANAKA WIN!
aside from that i'm getting pretty bored by this arc... it reminds me of those detective stories like Kindaichi or Umineko... and things aren't fun without Sebastian around. this arc is too.... human.... I miss all that demon supernatural shit. ]:

Mar 20, 2010 10:17 PM

Jun 2009
unimpressive I think, this arc is too slow and boring.
Also it is a deviant from the usual.

I have begun to wonder if it is not that the manga is good, but that characters are fantastic?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 21, 2010 7:17 AM

Oct 2009
Wow... Tanaka, you rule!
I loved Ciel's smile...
diamond9393anda said:
Uskaro said:

That's exactly what I think as well >:)

Well... i don't believe in Sebastian's death ( how can someone kill a demon!?) so... That's the only logical option... i think ;P

Mar 21, 2010 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Suzune-chan said:

I have begun to wonder if it is not that the manga is good, but that characters are fantastic?

Well, that's the reason I think the anime is so popular [the story sucks so I guess it's all thanks to the characters] but the mangaka does a better job at developing them...

Close call. Even though there were some moments when I had the same opinion about Kuroshitsuji too...

Mar 22, 2010 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
Suzune-chan said:
unimpressive I think, this arc is too slow and boring.
I'm with you on this. I'm seriously bored by this arc, I feel like it's dragging on too long. It might not feel that way if it wasn't a month between releases, but as it is the pace is all wrong. Nothing has happened in ages, I don't care about any characters in the mansion right now so I don't care if they die at all. I'm not interested in solving the mystery because as far as I'm concerned Ciel and Sebastian did it, the end.

BEGINNER
Mar 23, 2010 3:29 PM
Aug 2009
I still don't know anything at all. Of course, I have my own suspicions, but I'm still not sure if I'm right ^^

Tanaka was the bigest suprise for me :D he is not so old as he looks like ;)
Mar 26, 2010 12:55 AM
Mar 2008
I'm not complaining, but man, Tanaka. All this time, he's been nothing more than a chibi in the background, except for...what, 1 panel in a flashback? Now it's like someone's poured a bottle of magical growth factor on him and *POOF*! I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but it's just too sudden.

And now that he's saying something other than "hohoho...", he sort of reminds me of Alfred.
Apr 1, 2010 12:00 AM

Jul 2008
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!
AGGGGGH!
D:! this can't be possible!
I wanna read more! I finished the 43 episode of the Kuro Shiruji manga and I CAN'T WAIT!
after read Death Note I thought nothing will be the same ;__; I thought nothing will grab my interest as Death Note... but this manga got me already!

I didn't expect it to be so good, because at the begining the manga looks like another bishounen-ai like story... nothing fancy, just awesome art and pretty normal plot with the same stereotypes as always... BUT when I started to read it and arrived to the episode when you Sebastian fights against the red heared Shinigami... there's no way to go back. The plot became so exciting and unexpected, then the whole thing with the Indians and then, the creepy circus. Oh my!! the Circus part was awesome I totally love the pedobear (lol) lord who was obsesed with Ciel and the whole story of the characters in the circus!

And now, in the last episode, the murder case...
I thought it will be like Conan lol or like this kind of mistery mangas but the way the whole thing is developing is so good, because the mangaka takes time to care about small details and conversations and make you feel like the whole thing is for real...

I really don't think Sebastian is really dead. I think, Tanaka is Sebastian lol I don't know how he manage to double himself but well.. his is a demon after all and I guess he has some cards under the table!!!

OH GOD. I hate and love to wait!!! X'D
Apr 1, 2010 2:27 AM

Jun 2008
Mirizari said:
Ciel's smile made me melt.
And he said he forgot how to smile...

his smile is not meant to be genuine. it's more like a taunting smile i think.

i have to agree with some ppl the arc is moving too slow to my liking
Apr 2, 2010 12:42 PM
Apr 2010
those bites... they remind me of the creepy circus snake guy! blehh... snakes! what if it's the circus people who didn't die, like the snake guy?
Apr 4, 2010 6:58 PM
Apr 2010
I think this one was ok, and like many of you guys have already said, it's going a bit too slow.

Also I think Sebastian somehow possessed Tanaka. If not then he's just really good at playing dead lol.
Apr 16, 2010 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
Heheh 'smirks' Tanaka is amazing in this chapter.. and no he is not possessed by Sebastian. Tanaka was the old Phantomhive butler, and no doubt he helped Vincent with his cases for the Queen. He also deals with the reports and will kill an intruder if nessacary.. It also seems the mangaka is going to reduce Tanaka being in his chibi form.

I agree, it seems to be moving at a slow pace when really its not. But now it looks to be coming to a close, meaning another shall begin. How in the world is she going to bring back Sebastian, after all everyone now thinks he's dead.. Unless Ciel plans to kill all the party guest. He would so make a good demon.. That smile just proves it.

Also..This is the manga discussion not the anime discussion.

Apr 17, 2010 5:54 PM

Aug 2009
Earl what game are you playing together with Seby i wonder?! :P
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 20, 2010 5:05 PM
Oct 2007
It was a great chapter 8D
Tanaka rules so much!
And I just LOVED all the Sherlock Holmes references in the chapter (and in this specific story arc in general)~
May 16, 2010 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
Ciel's smile...
(will go on squealing for at least 6 hours)
Jul 5, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
TANAKA BADASS <3
Dec 10, 2013 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
Ran Mao is so cute!~
Sep 18, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Ciel's smile.. omg
Nov 12, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
nice throw old man.

Feb 11, 2017 10:55 AM

Jan 2016
Tanaka has no chill
And Lau is so bae

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

2 by Valewrei »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.