Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2017 3:54 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
why do they boast about it like what do ya'll even get out of it

isit just out of pure boredom bc they're at that reBeLiOuS age

is there like some kind of competition on how many times 1 person has been banned

or is there something idek about like how u can put professional shitposter on a c/v

i don't get it someone explain pls

dilemma ova here hence all the sub q's

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 2, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2014
Hahahaha lmaooo heheh roast these loser dude!!!!! Shitposters shouldn't need to tell they are right? Like I support shitposters but it's not a JOB. haha weirdos
Nov 2, 2017 4:02 PM

Apr 2011
Come on now, I don't care who you are anyone can appreciate a good shitpost. It's just that most of them are, well, shitty posts.
Nov 2, 2017 4:09 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
Elesh said:
Come on now, I don't care who you are anyone can appreciate a good shitpost. It's just that most of them are, well, shitty posts.
nO sUcH tHiNg aS a GoOd ShiT pOsT bRuh

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 2, 2017 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
what are you talking about?? shitposting is gold if it's a good shitpost. and they do exist, once youve waded in the sea of crap to find the pearly white exemplary shitposts under the surface
Nov 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2015
A very good question that you should have asked yourself first and when you've come to the realization of why do people shitpost, drink the coke and feel proud about solving one of mysterious questions no one ever wondered about in MAL.

Nov 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Apr 2017
psycho said:
Elesh said:

fam this thread is a pretty good shitpost if ya ask me
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Nov 2, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2011
psycho said:
Elesh said:
Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places
Nov 2, 2017 4:18 PM
Jan 2013

Boredom yes, it's a meaningless reply with meaningless filling
meaning that that was the best usage of their time and if that's how you gon spend your time then hell yeah its boredom
gone bai bai
Nov 2, 2017 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
because it feels good..
people think people that shitpost are just trying to be funny to other people
but the reality is
SELF SATISFACTION.

listen to this song. idc if u have listened to it b4. listen it again.
Nov 2, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
Hmmm, a seriously interesting question. I wonder why this hasn't been asked before...?
Happy Halloween
Nov 3, 2017 1:30 AM

Apr 2016
I never meet user that do that the shitpost.
Nov 3, 2017 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
shotz said:
personally i shitpost because i have a small dick.

Same
Thank you
You said what I wanted to say

Nov 3, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2017
psycho said:
why do they boast about it like what do ya'll even get out of it

isit just out of pure boredom bc they're at that reBeLiOuS age

is there like some kind of competition on how many times 1 person has been banned

or is there something idek about like how u can put professional shitposter on a c/v

i don't get it someone explain pls

dilemma ova here hence all the sub q's

sorry but this style of shitcomplaining about shitposting is uber mega duper lame.

Swagernator said:
I never meet user that do that the shitpost.
shitpost has been do that ?
Close this World .txEn eht nepO
you are happy 24/7, that is a lie, that is bullshit and i refuse to have somebody tell me bullshit i wanna have an honest

Nov 3, 2017 2:02 AM

Sep 2017
You dont ask people why they shitpost when you do it yourself.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 3, 2017 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
we are bored so we must write something and try to be funny
Nov 3, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2016
Lainyyy said:

This is example how a simple "," can change the whole sentence.
Nov 3, 2017 2:09 AM

Oct 2017
Mayuka said:
we are bored so we must write something and try to be funny

lol
i lied

Swagernator said:
Lainyyy said:

This is example how a simple "," can change the whole sentence.

","
---

yeah ^ that was my face trying to read that
Close this World .txEn eht nepO
you are happy 24/7, that is a lie, that is bullshit and i refuse to have somebody tell me bullshit i wanna have an honest

Nov 3, 2017 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
Because they are bored and this forum doesn't care if people shitpost.

Nov 3, 2017 2:39 AM

Oct 2015
WoAh, a question about the philosophy of shitposting?! Gutenheimer!

Well, it's just to fill in the boredom or some people find it enjoyable or both. Nothing much.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Nov 3, 2017 2:53 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
shotz said:
personally i shitpost because i have a small dick.
o okay it all makes sense now thank u x

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 3, 2017 3:01 AM

Apr 2017
The shitposts are like the mercy of god , you just don't want to admit it.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 3, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
People shitpost because they are bored. Does that answer your question OP?
Nov 4, 2017 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
being bad is too easy and make you feel different or not feel like a sheep/follower/slave of society

but im a sheeple so i cannot totally relate to that
Nov 4, 2017 2:25 AM

Feb 2011
Wonder which kind of shitposter is being talked about, I feel like there is more than one kind, or more than one reason:

Type1 - [the Shit and Run kind] They are trolls who seek a reaction from others, since they need entertainment and they think others can give it to them, or because they have some ideological stance they have to demonstrate.

Type2 - [the Postcount Farmer] - They shitpost to raise their postcount, and since they need to be efficient at it, thinking too much before posting would take too much time. Shitposting is clearly the most efficient way for post farmers.

Type3 - [the Aged shitposters] - They have lost hope in life and hope to find meaning in forum posts. In the while, keep practicing communication abilities can be a nice distraction, the content doesn't really matter so long they keep talking.

Type4 - [the Edgy Contrarian] - They need to feel unique in some way and the apparent easiest way is to just say the opposite of what the others are saying, doesn't matter if they really think what they say. There is also the relativistic variant which never answers to questions by affirming there is no difference between different answers. Or the philosophical variant which questions the validity of questions.

Type5 - [the aspiring Commedians] - They want to be funny, or think they are funny, so they put effort to experiment new ways to generate hilarity. It can be interesting if they try to be funny, but it can be an eyesore if they are sure to be already the funniest person around.

Type6 - [the Brain Dumper] - They need to share that last thought they had, sometimes to seek confirmation or approval, other times to get feedback. They hate search engines and forum post search, as those prove they are not the first person to have thought of something.

edit2.
Then there is a whole different idea that shitposting is just the natural state of equilibrium born from conflicting opinions. (call it Shitpost Entropy)
Everyone has different experiences, opinions and view points; when "many and random" persons are in the same place, and they start to talk to each other, their differences clash.
Over time there is a change in the posting mentality from:
1) honest discussion
2) conflicting opinions
3) avoiding conflict by avoiding to be honest --> repeating what others say
4) repeat 3 --> the things being repeated start to lose sense = shitposting is born
(some don't ever see point 4, they stop at 3, if shitposting was already the main thing being said)

ZeandoNov 4, 2017 7:01 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Nov 4, 2017 4:14 AM

Aug 2016
Because some people in this world are too easily baited by the smallest of triggers.
These people therefore spend too much time in their lives angrily sucking on milkshakes and arguing with people on the internet.

And it is FUN to watch it happen

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Nov 4, 2017 4:43 AM

Nov 2016
Its very odd usually shitposts usually only serve to make the author look dumb/racist/bigoted.
-Animoos- said:
Because some people in this world are too easily baited by the smallest of triggers.
These people therefore spend too much time in their lives angrily sucking on milkshakes and arguing with people on the internet.

And it is FUN to watch it happen

The idea of baiting is pretty dumb as if you agree with Poes law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law you know that on the internet you cant tell sincere dumbness/racism/bigotry from bait. Then you have "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
basically our internal selves isnt what people get to see they only get to see what is on the outside so what we share is how will others experience us. This is a shame because I think most shitposters are trying to be funny but don't know how.
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Nov 4, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2015
I've heard you can put it on your curriculum vitae.

Nov 4, 2017 5:10 AM

Mar 2014
A better question would be: why not?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 4, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2016
because shitposting fuckers don't give a fuck
and fuck everyone that wants me to give a fuck
I'll just talk all that fuckshit
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Nov 4, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not sure why you post on here either.

Nov 4, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2017
Have you heard about the tragedy of Darth plagius the wise?
Nov 4, 2017 2:37 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
o no

are u gonna tell me about this tragedy

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 4, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2017
psycho said:
Cyborg_Icarus29 said:
o no

are u gonna tell me about this tragedy

Yee

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.
Nov 4, 2017 3:03 PM
Jul 2018
I do my very best NOT to shit post. But sometimes it just spills out of me like a bad orgasm.
Nov 4, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
I usually don't bother wasting my time looking at clearly effortless threads. That's only if I can tell from the title, sometime I can't so I click and end up on the thread. Doesn't take a few seconds to shitpost, so I do.

It isn't my job to go around shitposting though, I do my do it as often as the regular shitposters.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 4, 2017 7:55 PM

Sep 2007
Because people want to have purpose on a forum where everything's made up and the post counts don't matter. That's right, the post counts are like facts to Donald Trump: they don't matter.

Nov 4, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2010
@psycho

because some people aren't looking for anything logical like money. they can't be bought bullied or reasoned with. some people just like to watch the world burn.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 4, 2017 8:35 PM
Nov 2016
Hehe when you are trying to shitpost and you find this trash.
I guess its a good shitpost in itself though.

I give this 7/10

Holy thats a lot of replies. Congrats i guess.
Also props for adding broken english but just barely so you think it was a typo.

Get cancer~~
Nov 5, 2017 4:43 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
JizzMonster said:
Hehe when you are trying to shitpost and you find this trash.
I guess its a good shitpost in itself though.

I give this 7/10

Holy thats a lot of replies. Congrats i guess.
Also props for adding broken english but just barely so you think it was a typo.

Get cancer~~
jizzmonster pls i'm just an innocent e-girl looking 4 answers x

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Nov 5, 2017 5:17 AM

Apr 2017
They have a wonderful life and are bored to that measure they start to create fake profiles and shitposting. Find yourself a life.

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
44 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.