Forum Settings
Forums

ISIS linked terrorist group defeated in the Philippines

New
Oct 18, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday announced the liberation of Marawi City, after more than four months of battling Islamic State-inspired terrorists.

The Philippine flag was raised and soldiers in the strife-torn city cheered “mabuhay” (long live) as Duterte declared the liberation of the city, which was gripped by prolonged conflict that has left more than 1,000 dead and displaced hundreds of thousands.

But Armed Forces Spokesperson Major General Restituo Padilla Jr. said the killing of the two terrorist leaders “does not signal the end of the hostilities" because as many as 30 terrorists, including 6 to 8 foreigners, remain holed up in the city with some 20 hostages.

“Our troops have remained in the battle area continuing to pursue the armed elements and seeking to rescue the remaining hostages in about two hectares of space that remains to be the battle area,” Padilla added.

Padilla said Marawi residents would not be allowed to immediately return to their homes to avoid deaths from improvised bombs scattered in some parts of the city.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/10/17/17/duterte-marawi-liberated-from-terrorists

only few terrorists there remains and i heard the other day on the local TV that the military will hunt other terrorists groups there in mindanao philippines

Duterte deserves the praise for this one, my support for him is 40% at the moment since the remaining 60% is disappointment from not prioritizing passing the FOI bill, repealing the Bank Secrecy Law here that is being exploited by criminals and his bloody drug war on the poor instead of drug war on drug lords and main drug sources/supplies
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 18, 2017 5:00 PM

Nov 2008
He would've defeated those ISIS sympathizers in his country quicker, if he didn't conduct such a horrific approach with his war on drugs. However, it seems that the war on terror over there is not over just yet though, but I know the other terrorist groups will be gone eventually as well. Hopefully he sticks with his new approach with the war on drugs instead of the one he had which led to too many innocent deaths.

Oct 18, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2009
Hoppy said:
He would've defeated those ISIS sympathizers in his country quicker, if he didn't conduct such a horrific approach with his war on drugs. However, it seems that the war on terror over there is not over just yet though, but I know the other terrorist groups will be gone eventually as well. Hopefully he sticks with his new approach with the war on drugs instead of the one he had which led to too many innocent deaths.

yep i hope the other terrorists groups especially the islamic terrorists groups here will be gone, one of the main reason mindanao philippines is so poor is because of this terrorists that want mindanao to be their own country
Oct 18, 2017 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
i heard hundreds of them flew to my country... time to hunt i guess... i don't know if my country is batshit insane or what, but...

https://seraphion.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/onlyinindonesia-were-not-afraid/
KumaOct 18, 2017 6:15 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 18, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2010
are they defeated or are they "defeated" because i for one am quite sick of all these false flags with the "death of ISIS"
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 18, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2009
Kuma said:
i heard hundreds of them flew to my country... time to hunt i guess... i don't know if my country is batshit insane or what, but...

well at least Indonesia is not really considered poorer than us here so you have the resources to fight terrorism more effectively im sure

hazarddex said:
are they defeated or are they "defeated" because i for one am quite sick of all these false flags with the "death of ISIS"

lol ye i can understand your skepticism but this ISIS linked group once have a total number of 500+ terrorists members i heard and now only 30 members remain so there is optimism there

EDIT:

i just googled the total number of this ISIS linked terrorist group and ye according to the death count "A total of 562 Maute militants, 128 government troopers and 45 civilians have died since the clashes started last May." so the 500+ total member count that i heard seems right http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2017/08/15/1729349/maute-fighters-marawi-down-40-says-afp
degOct 18, 2017 6:36 PM
Oct 18, 2017 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
Hoppy said:

There are many hostages held by the terrorists. If our army haste on killing these bastards. the hostages will be involved as well and Duterte doesn't want that to happen
Oct 18, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2008
That's good assuming it they actually are who they say. Could have done more if he never did that bloody drug war so he could focus on actual terrorists.
Oct 18, 2017 8:30 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
That's good assuming it they actually are who they say. Could have done more if he never did that bloody drug war so he could focus on actual terrorists.

yep forget about the war on the poor and they are ISIS linked since they have lots of foreign terrorists in their rank too but a lot of filipinos there do not seem to know what ISIS are lol since poverty so no internet or news much (but this is just my guess)
Oct 18, 2017 8:38 PM

Mar 2008
isekai said:
traed said:

yep forget about the war on the poor and they are ISIS linked since they have lots of foreign terrorists in their rank too but a lot of filipinos there do not seem to know what ISIS are lol since poverty so no internet or news much (but this is just my guess)

The communist militias should do something too since they aren't doing anything about Duterte since he panders to them a bit so they might as well do something of use.
Oct 18, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
isekai said:

The communist militias should do something too since they aren't doing anything about Duterte since he panders to them a bit so they might as well do something of use.

yep the NPA/communists are labeled as terrorists now since the peace talks was a failure so Duterte will likely make war on them too sooner or later
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.