Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
In a nutshell, Ippo is broken now...

I feel for the guy. He really wanted to win this match too.
Oct 18, 2017 11:44 AM

Jan 2008
I can't help but wonder if this is looking to be the end of the series, or if he truly can make a comeback.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 18, 2017 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
Oh Jesus, well this is something which has been initiated already a long time ago,but seeing it for real feels really bad...

I refuse to believe that this is the end for Ippo,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2017 3:37 PM
Jul 2009
This feels like a bad ending, wrong ending. If it was an important fight It would be more satisfying, but if manga ends after Ippo looses the first fight after comeback it will feel sour. It's a little bit too tragic. I think that Kamogawa will trow a towel or he will die on the spot, or something. I don't want the series to end now, after this long stretch of almost nothing but foreshadowing.
Oct 18, 2017 8:09 PM
Dec 2016
I kind of feel bad for Ippo.

Not defending Morikawa, but seeing as he is the mangaka, he probably has some plan for how to end this fight. I think this mentality that Ippo has in this fight is sort of correct given the circumstances. Takamura is calling him useless, and the only person to support him outside of his mother, the coach, might leave him too. So he has a desire to show something, causing him to make stupid mistakes and lose this fight.
Oct 19, 2017 12:06 AM

Aug 2012
He wants to use dempsey so badly. He wants to prove Kamogawa's boxing. It is the same to Takamura's back then(Vs Hawk), He wants to prove that Kamogawa's boxing works on World Match.

But the difference is Takamura wants to win and Ippo just want to prove his coach boxing(like always). Ippo forgot his own boxing style right now and still fixated on using dempsey roll.

Seriously Ippo needs a "boxer backbone".
Oct 19, 2017 2:47 AM
Jan 2015
just listen to your coach , Ippo , Seriously !!!
it's dragged too long enough , Ippo should have finish this guy off earlier
Oct 19, 2017 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
Man, my heart can't take this. I feel so much for Ippo and coach. :(
Oct 19, 2017 1:09 PM

Sep 2010
Although this is quite gloomy, I am starting to lose my interest in the series. I know this outcome is hinted long ago, but still it does not feel genuine. I mean, if he really is broken, they why is this happening on this fight? It should have been a more prominent opponent. And yet again, if he is not broken and will make a real comeback, then I will cut 1 point for all this unnecessary repetitive and prolonging chapters.
Oct 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2009
please don't be a bad end please don't be a bad end please don't be a bad end
Oct 20, 2017 4:22 AM

Jun 2013
You know, there is still one thing no one mentioned. Remember the line by the tree that Takamura pulled? To this day Ippo didn't cross it. It's still there, standing, and whenever there was a scene by that tree Ippo would just sit on one side. I don't think Ippo is punch drunk, I just think he is still doubting himself, even after all of this. But then again, we have no idea what Morikawa is thinking. The suspension can be powerful only to a degree. We are now in the final stages of patience, where the positive effect is being lost. In the next 3 chapters, either Ippo will lose or he will find a way to recover. Either way, if this is how this manga ends, I will be seriously pissed.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 20, 2017 9:50 PM
Jan 2014
i always had a feeling since i started reading that the end of ippo would be his death in the ring, and seeing him fail like this is honestly painful i feel really bad for kamogawa and the entire team.

overall tho its a really powerful set of chapters for this fight, i just want the arc to end and see what happens after; unless something in relation to him losing kumi and going full on for boxing and becoming the "demon" you need to be in order to become a champion like takamura.

whatever happens. its gonna suck.
Oct 20, 2017 9:52 PM
Jan 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
You know, there is still one thing no one mentioned. Remember the line by the tree that Takamura pulled? To this day Ippo didn't cross it. It's still there, standing, and whenever there was a scene by that tree Ippo would just sit on one side. I don't think Ippo is punch drunk, I just think he is still doubting himself, even after all of this. But then again, we have no idea what Morikawa is thinking. The suspension can be powerful only to a degree. We are now in the final stages of patience, where the positive effect is being lost. In the next 3 chapters, either Ippo will lose or he will find a way to recover. Either way, if this is how this manga ends, I will be seriously pissed.

i genuinly think ippo loses this match, leaves kumi and becomes that beast he needs to be to cross that line
Oct 20, 2017 9:53 PM
Jan 2014
sevki said:
Although this is quite gloomy, I am starting to lose my interest in the series. I know this outcome is hinted long ago, but still it does not feel genuine. I mean, if he really is broken, they why is this happening on this fight? It should have been a more prominent opponent. And yet again, if he is not broken and will make a real comeback, then I will cut 1 point for all this unnecessary repetitive and prolonging chapters.

in a way it feels like morikawa is ippo considering his current health issues with the short chapters and such, maybe this is his way of showing his lack of strength in moments where its needed most
Oct 21, 2017 2:23 AM
Oct 2017
so sad for ippo. we have waited 1197 chapters but no miyata vs ippo yet, no world champion ippo yet, vorg even beat him to the world rankings.. instead of ippo becoming a veteran pro, the author always going on a loop, ippo acts like an amateur again. now the issue is punch drunk, if this is true, then no more fights for ippo and end of the series. but author might turn this around and say he was not actually punch drunk, he was just a loner who was doubting himself and was too focused on doing the best but instead performing his worst. but this story has been dragging since his 3rd title defense
Oct 22, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
I do not think that ippo is going to lose.

1. Alvarez VS Sendo needs to happen
2. Miyata VS Sendo needs to happen
3. Takamura being the heavy weight champ
4. Itagaki's story
5. Kimura/aoki champion?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 25, 2017 4:52 AM

Sep 2012
I have to admit I was really surprised by this cliffhanger. Given the start of the fight, I thought Ippo was gonna win easily. And Although I agree with you that it's really sad if this is ippo end of carrier, the thing is, its very refreshing being surprised by the evolution of the story.

Dont get me wrong, I hope Ippo isnt punch drunk. It could be a self confidence crisis. After all, Ippo always laked confidence, its probably one of his biggest weaknesses. But still, I think its nice that this fight didnt go as planned. When the fight started, Guevara was overwhelmed by Ippo's power. But still, Ippo is the one on the verge of losing now. Great Cliffhanger imo. Im looking forward for the next chapters of this fight !!!

This kind of thing happens a lot in real life boxing, and I really enjoy the fact that Morikawa can add this kind of elements in the manga. You gotta admit, you were very surprised and excited when Ippo put knee on the ground, weren't you ? I know I was !

I hope the manga doesnt end soon after this fight though, but its clear now that Its a possibility we cant eliminate. As Takamura-sama said, a lot of things still need to happen before the end. Wait & See, now ^^'
Nov 1, 2021 7:40 PM

Feb 2018
What's going on? This wasn't suppose to go that way :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1454 Discussion

kevin_video - Apr 23

1 by Marloges »»
Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1442 Discussion

kevin_video - Nov 28, 2023

4 by Marloges »»
Yesterday, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1441 Discussion

kevin_video - Nov 21, 2023

4 by Marloges »»
Apr 24, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1440 Discussion

RodIshiCi - Nov 14, 2023

11 by Marloges »»
Apr 24, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Chapter 1439 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Nov 7, 2023

11 by Marloges »»
Apr 24, 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.