Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2017 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was okay but that Yamomoto girl feels like someone that's really hard to get along with.

I feel like it dealt more with human drama rather than supernatural from some of the recent themes of this show. While it's still pretty lighthearted, it felt there was less comedy compared to some of the other episodes. Looks like the school is getting some new teachers. Chiaki is quite popular with the ladies lol
Stark700Oct 9, 2017 8:45 AM
Oct 9, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Two new teachers were introduced, Chiaki and Aoki. They're very nice and got along well with the students. That new girl, Yamomoto, is a troublemaker. She thinks she so smart. Something is definitely wrong with her.
Oct 9, 2017 9:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Someone needs to slap some sense into that Yamamoto girl. I get where they are going with her but she was just an annoying little brat.
Oct 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Jan 2015
I wonder if Aoki have "something" to do with Ryu. Oh well forget about that, now comes new person. Yamamoto is the name. And yeah, there must be something "wrong" happened with her right now.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 9, 2017 10:26 AM

Apr 2010
So that's how english dubs are made.
Oct 9, 2017 11:04 AM
Aug 2017

if there is someone else so he will be able to get kick on his butt lol :p
Oct 9, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
Yamomoto was annoying. Inaba will have a hard time dealing with her.

Oct 9, 2017 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
well a new semester and new feel...nice new characters
Oct 9, 2017 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only person who wanted to slap Yamamoto lol
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Oct 9, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
Kinda boring. The show's slowed down a bit for me. Hopefully the new girl will be firmly dealt with.
Oct 9, 2017 6:26 PM

Nov 2011
I like the cast of characters so far in this second arc. I feel like Chiaki and Aoki do have some kind of connection to the Yokai Apartments. I liked how Fool mentioned Aoki is pure, but not necessarly a "Good Person" that makes for an interesting plot.
Plus Aoki is a babe.

Yamamoto is a pretty good character so far as well. She probably has a past (probably being cursed) where she needed help but people just ignored her and called her "Stupid" which resulted in her freaking out.

They introduced the Student Council president as well, who should have some impact this season considering shes in the opening...again another babe. <3

The preview for next week seems interesting...like is someone going to ascend to heave?!?! KURI?!?!?! I hope not!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Jan 2008

Oh, lol. That's very funny. Especially when you consider this is being said in an anime made by adults, meant for a target demographic of high school and young adults.

Seriously though, I've seen a few people like Yamamoto in my school days before, and that antisocial behavior that easily snaps, doesn't go away or change easily, particularly when it often stems from the home, or past instances like maybe at her previous school (perhaps bullying?)
Yamamoto would do well with some serious counseling, and maybe even professional therapy/psychiatric help...or smoke some weed--that works really well too (or so I've heard).

And for some reason, that new female teacher's eyes just look really dead, like a fish. Suspicious.
Oct 9, 2017 7:49 PM

Jun 2012
Panaru said:
That Kemono Friends reference

Nice 3 Goddess of Fate do Cosplay :3
Oct 10, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing. I never thought I would see an anime that tackles social isolation on a level this complex.
This new shy girl wants to make friends, yet is too nervous about trying to approach anyone. So she resorts to trying to appear, "smart" and, "unique", to mask her insecurity and draw people closer to her, rather than approach them.
Speaking as someone who just graduated high school as a socially awkward person...I perfectly get the subtext.
The way the adults explained her complex also felt perfectly natural; that is how actual adults talk when explaining issues of teenagers, rather than go on nonsensical monologues in other anime.
Oct 10, 2017 1:16 AM
Jul 2018
SoraSenpai said:
I like the cast of characters so far in this second arc. I feel like Chiaki and Aoki do have some kind of connection to the Yokai Apartments. I liked how Fool mentioned Aoki is pure, but not necessarly a "Good Person" that makes for an interesting plot.

I think what the bird was saying was that Aoki appears normal enough, but is actually an asshole in some way.
Which isn't surprising. I know people, myself included, who behave oppositely in front of strangers in public vs our private home.

Oct 10, 2017 2:19 AM
Mar 2017
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Amazing. I never thought I would see an anime that tackles social isolation on a level this complex.
This new shy girl wants to make friends, yet is too nervous about trying to approach anyone. So she resorts to trying to appear, "smart" and, "unique", to mask her insecurity and draw people closer to her, rather than approach them.
Speaking as someone who just graduated high school as a socially awkward person...I perfectly get the subtext.
The way the adults explained her complex also felt perfectly natural; that is how actual adults talk when explaining issues of teenagers, rather than go on nonsensical monologues in other anime.

Have you seen Tsuritama?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12883/Tsuritama
Such a great series with the MC suffering social anxiety - the way it's been imagined everytime he gets overwhelmed is just brilliant...and it's a really fun, bright, sincere series as well. I would assume you had but if you haven't I recommend!
Oct 10, 2017 2:30 AM
Mar 2017
More characters, more fun! More suitors for Inaba! I wonder what Hase will do? Sensei definitely very touchy with Inaba...a squeeze here, a peek there...I'm amazed he didn't give our MC a pat or a playful smack on the butt as he walked away!

I think there's a link between Yamamoto and Chiaki...there was that bit toward the end she was obviously playing up her importance, then cuts to sensei saying he was rich, spent years just playing and spending money etc etc. Although it could be that this was the insight Inaba needed to hear to get a better idea about Yamamoto - I think he got enough of that from the gang at home.

I've realised now with Hase saying Yamamoto's attitude etc sounded cute: he has to be a total S. Might be an insight into how he sees Inaba as well!

I really miss original opening...with little Kuri popping his head up followed by Shiro - so cute!

Looks like someone's making mochi next ep!
LapridoOct 10, 2017 2:41 AM
Oct 10, 2017 3:18 AM

Apr 2016
I like Inaba's both teacher but wow Aiko eyes was beautiful
BRAWLERS
Oct 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
We were introduced with 3 new character. 2 of them turned out to be their new teachers and that male teacher is Inaba's class new homeroom teacher and the female is their English teacher, and apparently she has pure soul. Lmfao. The third one is a transfer student and somehow she's a bitch or just a tsundere. Lmfao.

Decent episode, loved it! T

P.S. That male professor touching Inaba, though. Is he gay? Huehuehue. :p

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 10, 2017 3:42 PM

Apr 2017
Worst episode yet less apartment less Hase and Kuri.
Oct 10, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2008
Konatsu Yamamoto's behaviour is getting way out of hand!
Two new teachers huh...i hope they're not fishy...
Tashiro was really ticked-off to Konatsu!
4/5.

pgmhecateii said:
Yamamoto: "Anime is for little kids."

Me: S-shut up, b-bitch! I-I'm w-w-watching anime t-till I d-die! >///<;

yeah i'm with you! I-I'm f-f-fapping to hentai t-till I d-die!

Oct 11, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
4kicks said:
And for some reason, that new female teacher's eyes just look really dead, like a fish. Suspicious.

I'm glad it's not just me who felt that way!!

Honestly I have a STRONG suspicion that both new teachers are going to be related in some way to residents of the Youkai Apartments (the episode itself pointed out the two people I was thinking of, so there's already support for my intuition).

I feel that unlike Miura-sensei in the last arc, Yamamoto-san is going to be a redeemable character. It frustrated me so much when they ended the episode where they did! I want to learn more about Yamamato-san, why she's acting this way, why she feels the need to put on such airs, build up those walls, while still reaching out and trying to connect with people (even though it's just rubbing everyone the wrong way).
.。。・:*:・゚☆~★*{The Active Otaku Mika}*★~☆・゚:*:・。。.
Oct 15, 2017 5:46 AM

Oct 2016
I could safely assume when the new male teacher was checking out Inaba, it's got to do with something of a supernatural nature and not becouse he's into young guys(though it could be both) Could he be a witch hunter or something. The new female teacher is too good to be true, I'm sure there's more to her, but I think she's one of the good guy's.
Oct 17, 2017 6:16 AM

Oct 2012
I'm pretty sure those two new teachers and one new student is going to bring storms xD

KugiRie, not voicing a loli or a tsundere?
What is this?? A dream? xD
This anime just have too many same seiyuu for many characters, well budget I supposed
But that means more of those nice voices xD

"Anime is for little kids"

"Signature removed"
Oct 23, 2017 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
2 new teachers Chiaki and Aoki and a new club member yamamoto who is lashing out with foreign elitism.
All will lead to something happening.
Mar 23, 2018 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
I was waiting for her to pull out a copy of Infinite Jest
Sep 2, 2018 11:52 AM

May 2012
That's quite the start of a new arc, this new character is pretty insane.. I wonder what's behind it!
Jan 3, 2022 2:19 PM

Feb 2020
Easily the worst episode so far. I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty weak second half.

Tashiro's behavior was so annoying. I'm also not a big fan of these new characters.

I want more youkai and not a random human drama or "Ohh, that teacher is so hot! <3" crap...

One redeeming point in this episode was that Kemono Friends reference. That was a funny scene.

SerafosFeb 26, 12:22 AM
Aug 8, 2022 11:35 PM
Jul 2021
I really disliked that Yamamoto chick, I don't like faux intellectuals. Throwing around Truffaut's name like she's he's biggest fan ROFL.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 22, 2023 5:15 PM

Jun 2019
Were the anime written on the board in the class club for proposals for their anime project references to My Neighbor Totoro, Dragonball, Pokemon, and Naruto?

I think it was "My Neighbor Todo, Dragon Bat, Pocket Star, and Narabe". The first two seem obvious and all but certain. And Pokemon's alternative title is "Pocket Monsters". The last one (Narabe/Naruto) seems close enough.
Oct 3, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2022
Noo Banderas sensei is into dudes tooo noo too many homos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2017

40 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 4, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2017

30 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2017

27 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 2:35 PM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:52 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

22 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.