Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2017 2:34 AM

Mar 2017
big no for me..
dont think its worth with the prices theyre currently given, so id rather go with a desktop
Sep 23, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
I prefer a GAMING LAPTOP over a DESKTOP as it looks more modern and I prefer small things that does the big things
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
Gaming laptops are a waist of money, your paying more for less performance, over heating problems, limited upgrades, and bad battery life.
Sep 24, 2017 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
Maxsundew said:
Gaming laptops are a waist of money, your paying more for less performance, over heating problems, limited upgrades, and bad battery life.

You sound like you have a old laptop, well its just like desktop, it needs ventilation and the latest you can upgrade the GPU or stick a desktop GPU
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2017 4:23 AM

Sep 2011
If it's for gaming, I'd prefer a desktop instead.

If my PC got problems particularly on hardware, at least desktops aren't complicated to fix and not expensive unlike laptops.

Sep 24, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
I didn't even know literal gaming laptops were a thing

I just use my old Mac to play emulated PS2/PSP/DS games. Works like a charm
Comic_SansSep 24, 2017 3:10 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Comic_Sans said:
I didn't even know literal gaming laptops were a thing

I just use my old Mac to play emulated PS2/PSP/DS games. Works like the charm

Mac does not go with the word *Gaming*. Got to move on and play new game titles.
Sep 24, 2017 3:22 PM

Mar 2014
Renaultclio101 said:
Mac does not go with the word *Gaming*. Got to move on and play new game titles.
For what purpose? All of the newer titles I'm interested in are either on PS4 or PS Vita (I own both) while all of the older games I want to play are on PS2/PSP/DS (which, as I've already explained, are perfectly playable due to me having installed two emulators) while the amount of PC exclusive games I even remotely care about is zero (0). Just because you don't know how to use a Mac for gaming it doesn't mean nobody else is capable to do it.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 24, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2009
Not worth it to me: Upgrade options are limited. I have a history of CPU fans dying on me. I also have a history of them thermal throttling and shutting down when rendering video. And Steam in home streaming works well enough.

Sep 26, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Renaultclio101 said:
For what purpose? All of the newer titles I'm interested in are either on PS4 or PS Vita (I own both) while all of the older games I want to play are on PS2/PSP/DS (which, as I've already explained, are perfectly playable due to me having installed two emulators) while the amount of PC exclusive games I even remotely care about is zero (0). Just because you don't know how to use a Mac for gaming it doesn't mean nobody else is capable to do it.

It isn't cost effective to buy a mac for gaming. I mean if you enjoy using the O.S and like the design and are willing to pay the extra premium price then go for it.

Sep 26, 2017 11:02 PM

Mar 2014
CrimBlacklotus said:
It isn't cost effective to buy a mac for gaming. I mean if you enjoy using the O.S and like the design and are willing to pay the extra premium price then go for it.
I didn’t buy a Mac specifically for that purpose though, I stated in my first post that it’s an old one (or rather, an almost seven year old computer that most of my family used to share)
Comic_SansSep 26, 2017 11:08 PM
Nico- said:
Sep 26, 2017 11:31 PM

Jul 2011
Gaming laptops with high end CPUs and GPUs cause a lot more noise (fans) than desktop PCs with higher end CPUs and GPUs, and laptops have worse quality screens better buy seperate monitor.

Compared for example 1500 euro gaming laptop, you get much much more performance with desktop for that price :P

Only thing I see good with gaming laptops are compact and you can take them with you to places, unlike most desktop PCs.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 26, 2017 11:37 PM

Sep 2017
you can find some really nice ones out there but ofc they cost an arm and a leg
Sep 27, 2017 12:09 AM

Aug 2016
Not sure of how the other gaming laptop performs, but I do like mine. Good keyboard, expensive but portable, the fans are loud when I'm running heavy stuff, the 10 series graphics are also good.

I need portability while still being able to game lightly, so this is the kind of stuff that I need. I don't recommend getting one though, you'll get a better specs if you build a PC instead with the same amount of money, unless you need to game on the go as well. (Plus upgradeability)

Tldr, I do find gaming laptops useful, based on my current needs. I don't play very demanding games either, so it should be fine.

currently using this one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
6 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.