Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I read posts about prequel eps. "not needed" or something in the sense in previous eps. forums, but I think it's somewhat needed because of that robot-like little guy affected when hearing Goku's name because of that background story.

All 4 of them decided to continue traveling on their own. And battle as always.

lol @ that UraSai.

tsubasaloverSep 20, 2017 8:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2017 9:09 AM
Sep 2017
There needs to be more! I WANT MORE! MORE SAIYUKI PLEASE!
Sep 20, 2017 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
@tsubasalover I'm not trying to be mean but the Reload Gunlock (anime) reimagination of Saiyûki Reload (manga) might lead to later conflictual infos.
And yes, without the numerous peppered flashbacks that are used as intermissions over the first two manga, there is little sense to make of the current characters interactions and actions. I don't know why people kept promoting the idea that this was some satisfying stand-alone/self-sufficient series when this is nothing more than a few steps in a larger travel.

Also, the second half of the first series is nice but the flashbacks it presents are fully ignored/contradicted by later animated adaptations (because those eps26-50 remodel parts of the past life story told in Gaiden)
Sep 20, 2017 10:46 AM

Apr 2017
This end felt kind of incomplete. This isn't the end of their journey, there's still more to see but we'll never see it, that's a pity.
Sep 20, 2017 11:44 AM
Dec 2014
So what's the odds of getting another season, you all think? I expected this to finish the story but clearly it didn't.
Sep 20, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2014
WELP. It's been a nice ride, even if it ends like this I am happy to have been able to see the boys animated again. I hope this has been an entry for people that never seen/read Saiyuki before and that decides to pick up the manga (or the anime) and I thank for ALL the merch that has come out because of this. :D

Shphuckler said:
So what's the odds of getting another season, you all think? I expected this to finish the story but clearly it didn't.

Unless Minekura-sensei gets miraculessly better and pumps out a bunch of new chapters and more story, I doubt there will be more. Unless they decide to go events ahead and finish it off themselves. But I hope not.

kikusan said:
This end felt kind of incomplete. This isn't the end of their journey, there's still more to see but we'll never see it, that's a pity.

It is a pity but rather have it this way than go along with an unfinished story, what happened in Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. The fandom will just have to keep fingers crossed that Minekura-sensei's health improves and that she doesn't overwork herself so that we might see an end to their journey, no matter how long we might have to wait. This fandom is masochists in that way. :)
Sep 20, 2017 1:06 PM

Apr 2017
romanletters said:
kikusan said:

It is a pity but rather have it this way than go along with an unfinished story, what happened in Saiyuki Reload Gunlock. The fandom will just have to keep fingers crossed that Minekura-sensei's health improves and that she doesn't overwork herself so that we might see an end to their journey, no matter how long we might have to wait. This fandom is masochists in that way. :)

Well, I don't want to have a sequel if it costs the mangaka's health, but if she makes it someday, I hope that it'll be before my death lmao.
Sep 20, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
kikusan said:
romanletters said:

Well, I don't want to have a sequel if it costs the mangaka's health, but if she makes it someday, I hope that it'll be before my death lmao.

In the mean time, there is LOTS of Saiyuki to read if you are ever interested. (yes, I sneak peaked at your profile :D)
Sep 20, 2017 2:08 PM

Apr 2017
romanletters said:
kikusan said:

In the mean time, there is LOTS of Saiyuki to read if you are ever interested. (yes, I sneak peaked at your profile :D)

I guess I should really start reading the manga yes ! I started just recently giving some interest to mangas, before I just watched the animes, I think I'll start reading Saiyuki now ! :)
Sep 20, 2017 6:40 PM
Sep 2017
Naw i am not satisfied...Dokugakuji is dead, nataku was not fully defeated, there has to be more. They cannot leave us with so many questions, gojyos markings, nataku remembering goku, Dr. Ni jianyi reasons behind the whole experiment, and so many much more!!!
Sep 21, 2017 4:04 AM

Mar 2017
I was wondering how they could defeat Nataku but after seeing that end I said if someone called out for Goku before they didn't even had to fight, though it was a so good episode I will be waiting for another season during 10 years or more ( if I will be alive then). I'm satisfied about the overall work of this studio, this is the best season of Saiyuki.
Sep 21, 2017 11:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All end without surprises, and the 4 friends continues their traveling (obvius) although to know how development this part of the way were very interesting!!!

Sep 21, 2017 12:20 PM
Mar 2016
And their journey to the west continues.
Sep 23, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2011
It's over noooo 😭😭😭😭
Sep 24, 2017 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
I need more of this greatness show!
they really struggled on dealing with Prince Nataku. but seems like hearing the word "Goku" made him break his composure and Sanzou party finally defeated him in the mean time.
It's a shame that I wasn't able to follow the previous seasons!
5/5.
7/10.

Sep 24, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2015
MOVING CAMERAS EVERYWHERE

I swear this needs to become a meme
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Sep 24, 2017 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
Great finish, they hardly know that the cause of Nataku giving up the fight was Goku.
Sep 27, 2017 6:43 AM

Oct 2013
This seriously brings back a lot of memories for me. This was one of the main shows that got me into anime. I was really happy to see them again and the flashbacks episodes were really touching.

Enjoyed the show, very much.
Sep 28, 2017 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
romanletters said:
I hope this has been an entry for people that never seen/read Saiyuki before and that decides to pick up the manga (or the anime)

That's me :) After only a few eps of Blast I put everything on hold to watch all previous seasons. Now I own all the manga available. Something special. Now it's endless waiting and hoping.
glacierknOct 1, 2017 4:54 PM
Sep 29, 2017 6:09 AM

Oct 2015
Thats a war god for you the way he kicked their asses left and right. When Goku knocked him out i thought he was really out but how naive were they, he came back gunsblazing if it wasnt for Sanzou calling Goku's name he would have been dead. I guess Nataku has not being made a puppet fully if Goku'S NAME triggers something.This series is great i guess i should watch the prequel to understand which will be not much though, i just jumped through it without considering the previous season.

But overall i would rate it 8/10 for having likable characters and action.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 13, 2017 8:13 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasantly surprised, turned out a lot better than i thought it would, only criticism is they STILL haven't finished the quest.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 15, 2018 3:00 AM

Feb 2013
Nataku remembered Goku, or at least some memories confused him.
Oct 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2012
WTF! Youre gonna kill off Dokugakuji and not resolve the series?
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.

More topics from this board

» Can i watch this without watching the previous shows?

Who-eveR - May 17, 2017

30 by SofiaBulga »»
Sep 21, 2019 6:25 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 8 Discussion

Whoahoho - Aug 23, 2017

10 by Strukla »»
Apr 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 26, 2017

20 by Rei_III »»
May 25, 2018 7:33 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 11 Discussion

Wazefock - Sep 13, 2017

7 by Ulquiorra »»
May 15, 2018 2:31 AM

Poll: » Saiyuuki Reload Blast Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2017

8 by Ulquiorra »»
May 14, 2018 1:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.