Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2017 4:39 AM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How it is possible there is no discussion for this yet?

As for the anime itself, it was enjoyable to watch. Nothing particularly bad, but neither anything outstandingly good. It could be better if it was longer, with a bit higher budget.

6.5/10
Jul 9, 2019 11:20 AM

Jul 2017
Outlanders started strong but kind of fell off a bit as it went along. I thought that the fight between the cat guy and the main character was pretty weird. The pacing around then gets weird and remains so until the end.
Sep 3, 2019 10:57 PM

Oct 2016
That was very hard to tolerate. A bad adaptation of an already not good manga, but compared to the manga, this was an abyss of garbage. I don't see how anyone who watched the anime only was able to give this anything higher than a 4.
The manga was bad, but it had it's memorable moments. If you came across this movie, go ahead and give the manga a shot. I wanted to like it, but I didn't end up hating it.
Maybe YOU will have a better experience.

Nov 25, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
you finally did it, anime. You found me a catgirl I found really sexy, including the ears.

A catgirl warrior with a bad attitude- she thinks humans are beneath her- that's how catgirls should be!

Now I have a catgirl fetish.

storywise, it's an off-brand Urusei Yatsura knock-off, though this was incredibly more violent than I expected

Kahm, if you came to Earth to save people, why'd you kill so many of them? The whole plot twist that she he's here for a male to mate with to save the human race is kinda, I dunno, hard to swallow after cutting off guys' heads and swinging them around
I guess this must be no biggie on the planet you come from...
Just kidnap the first guy with a fear boner I guess lol

overall I found it to be a fun romp

I wish Battia would kancho me
Mar 7, 2021 3:09 AM

Apr 2019
Outlanders (1986)
Otaku wish fulfillment ecchi action comedy. Loser MC is abducted by alien teen brat princess in rebellion against her royal dad. She wants sex, space shenanigans prevent it repeatedly, eventually they marry. The end. Silly story, good animation and gags. (4/10)

Dec 10, 2021 6:39 PM

Aug 2016
an ok watch for 80s junkies who are for the soulful character designs and nostalgic atmosphere, but stuff like Photon and Tenchi Muyo improved the formula in later years.
MichaelJacksonDec 10, 2021 7:17 PM
:v
Feb 18, 2022 10:52 PM
Oct 2018
Yep I watched this, it was a thing. I might want to watch this again, as it was good for heckling.
Mar 25, 2022 2:03 AM

Dec 2021
The only thing of note here is that the main female character is an alien with green hair, horns (I don't think it's a headpiece), a below average amount of clothing, and is voiced by Fumi Hirano, things that also describe Lum from Urusei Yatsura. It was nice to hear more Lum-like voice acting after having watched everything related to Urusei Yatsura, but I probably won't remember anything else about this anime.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Oct 10, 2022 11:03 AM
Feb 2012
Tries to do far too much in too short a time.

LoTGH mixed with Urusei Yatsura.

Cool ship designs, decent animation.

Kahm is cute.
Oct 4, 2023 6:22 AM
Feb 2020
The animation is old school peak but it's beyond obvious that the story was rushed as hell. I get it, its not possible to fit 33 long chapters into a film that's not even a hour long but still. The movie does not do the story justice
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.