Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 6, 2017 11:25 AM
Jun 2014
PV 1 just dropped, and I have already seen countless incest comments, calling this new OreImo, Eromanga-sensei 2.0 and such. In reality, those are all baseless replies, using mainly the "Imoto" in the title as a reference, assuming that just because it's called that, it automatically makes it an incest show. To avoid all those misconceptions, I made this topic and the title tells it all: THIS IS NOT AN INCEST.

As of Volume 7, I can guarantee you that this is going for "normal" relationships between characters. No incest, not even with the "they are not blood related" excuse. Incest is totally out of the question, unless the author goes bonkers and pulls a last minute OreImo out of nowhere, which I can't see happening, considering the gigantic backlash it will make.

Therefore, incest lovers, you either don't pick this up, because it's not an incest, so it probably sucks in your eyes, or you pick it up, hoping and praying they go for anime original incest stuff, but if not, you complain throughout the series about the lack of incest. The choice is yours, I informed you!

And those, who where afraid of this being an incest, here are your answers, rejoice!
----------

WARNING: Genereal information with SPOILERS!

SogiitaGunhaOct 8, 2017 4:54 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 6, 2017 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
Its japanese light novel adaptation about male MC wo is light novel "writer" of course this will eventually be incest.
Sep 6, 2017 11:41 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mean Eromanga wasn't incest either and that didn't stop people from shitting bricks over it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sep 6, 2017 12:00 PM
Jun 2014
Eromanga-sensei did the "not blood related" loophole. Considering the author's past work, anyone should have seen his intention from miles away with this choice. It's the greatest excuse. "It's not an incest, they are not blood related, bruh!" True. But it still caters to the incest lovers, because the imoto goes "Nii-san this, Nii-san that" all the time, while they act and live together, as if they were blood related siblings. That's why people shitted bricks over it. It didn't want to market itself as "not an incest". No, it clearly wanted to be mistaken as one, for this very reason, even using OreImo as a bait for the incest fans.
SogiitaGunhaSep 6, 2017 12:03 PM
Sep 11, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
Ahhh... I can rejoice that this has no incest. Eromanga-sensei was trash... But so am I.
Sep 12, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2015
@SogiitaGunha Can you tell us what this series is actually about then? Its not that I think you are lying about this show being incest-free, but the MC is apparently a siscon, and there is "imouto" in the title, so there has to be some reason why it is present in the story. Does it comment on the "imouto" genre? Is it about something completely different? Obviously, I am not asking for major spoilers, just something to latch my brain onto.
Sep 12, 2017 2:59 PM
Jun 2014
@Draconix814

Sure thing.

SogiitaGunhaSep 12, 2017 3:05 PM
Sep 12, 2017 3:22 PM

Sep 2015
SogiitaGunha said:
@Draconix814

Sure thing.

Wow, I really appreciate going through all of that for me, so judging from that, I can tell you are passionate about his series, at least a little bit. I think I kinda understand what is going on (I guess it'll become more clear as i watch the anime), but I was more refferring to what stood out to you in terms of writing that not many do. I don't need specifics, just something that the series does that makes you appreciate reading it over others. Looking back at the descriptions, actually, I don't see any little sisters for the MC to project his siscon tendencies onto (except for his little... brother), so is that something that is unique to this series? I think either way, you've given me enough evidence to be convinced that its worth keeping my eye on it, but now I am a little curious.
Sep 12, 2017 4:05 PM
Jun 2014
I liked Haganai from the same author, even though the ending was indeed disappointing. But as I pointed out in another topic, we don't know what really went down:
"I'm not defending the ending of Haganai, but it's obvious that there was some kind of beef between Hirasaka and the publishers, editors, and even the illustrator. She had like 4 editors over the course of the story, and the last 3 volumes took her 3 years, while the previous 8 took her the same amount of time. The illustrator made a volume with no illustrations whatsoever, only a "I'm tired." message. Nobody knows what went down, but Hirasaka currently works under Gagaga Bunko with great pace, and left MF Bunko J."

So Haganai ended like this, but I still had my fair share of fun with the series overall, so I gave ImotoSae a chance, and I didn't regret it. Simply put, if it can entertain me, when I need it, then I consider it good. No need to overthink it. The majority of the cast are actual adults here and not angsty teens for a change. I like the industry talk bits with actual references, some of the dirty jokes, the romantic teasing, and above all, the cast chemistry.

The MC actually mentions that if Kobato from Haganai, or Komachi from OreGairu were to be his little sister, he would gladly learn how to cook for them.
Haruto has a little sister, but she is out of the question. So it's gotta be... If you are not familiar with Haganai, check out Yukimura.

Sep 16, 2017 7:43 PM
Jun 2016
Ok then if this isn't an incest why the fuck does the first chapter in the manga show him rejected a girl and says he only loves little sisters?
Sep 16, 2017 7:45 PM

Feb 2015
Sep 16, 2017 8:28 PM

Mar 2013
Oreimo eventually went incest, despite S1 and most of S2 being very devoid of it.

(I say most, because the dramatic yelling matches never mad sense.)

I mean, let us be honest, after what happened with Haganai, whose author wrote the source material for this anime apparently, I would not be surprised.

I mean...Yukimura?

If the Light Novel is not finished, then I cannot honestly say for sure. That seems to be the unfortunate world we live in, where anything can turn incestuous. Just saying.
Sep 17, 2017 2:01 AM
Jun 2014
SilkySanta said:
Ok then if this isn't an incest why the fuck does the first chapter in the manga show him rejected a girl and says he only loves little sisters?

_Ako_ said:
I think this is not incest; just Eromanga-sensei S2.

I have a feeling that you said this because of the MAL description, but if not, then sorry. I edited it, but it didn't get approved. Although comparisons are inevitable, since both series follow light novelists and their friends and family.
The silver haired girl is not the illustrator, she is a fellow novel writer. Not an adult Sagiri. The illustrator is the pale bluish haired guy in 0:15-0:16 of PV 1. His name is Setsuna Ena, alias Puriketsu.

PeripheralVision said:

If the Light Novel is not finished, then I cannot honestly say for sure. That seems to be the unfortunate world we live in, where anything can turn incestuous. Just saying.

Sep 17, 2017 6:06 AM
May 2017
So while its probably not incest there is some risk of it being the worse possible outcome of gay incest -.-
Sep 17, 2017 6:50 AM
Jun 2014
FinalSquall said:
So while its probably not incest there is some risk of it being the worse possible outcome of gay incest -.-

Uhm... No.
Sep 17, 2017 7:28 AM
May 2017
Ok, slightly confused, but I guess I will wait and see, might be more interesting that way.
Sep 17, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2009
Lmao light novels are so cancer...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 17, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
SogiitaGunha said:
SilkySanta said:

_Ako_ said:
I think this is not incest; just Eromanga-sensei S2.

I have a feeling that you said this because of the MAL description, but if not, then sorry. I edited it, but it didn't get approved. Although comparisons are inevitable, since both series follow light novelists and their friends and family.
The silver haired girl is not the illustrator, she is a fellow novel writer. Not an adult Sagiri. The illustrator is the pale bluish haired guy in 0:15-0:16 of PV 1. His name is Setsuna Ena, alias Puriketsu.

PeripheralVision said:

The author did go bonkers with Haganai. He revealed Haganai's trap into a girl, and the ending for Haganai one of the worst I have seen. It seems quite feasible he would go bonkers.

I... do not have any faith.
Sep 17, 2017 9:41 AM
Jun 2014
@PeripheralVision

"I'm not defending the ending of Haganai, but it's obvious that there was some kind of beef between Hirasaka and the publishers, editors, and even the illustrator. She had like 4 editors over the course of the story, and the last 3 volumes took her 3 years, while the previous 8 took her the same amount of time. The illustrator made a volume with no illustrations whatsoever, only a "I'm tired." message. Nobody knows what went down, but Hirasaka currently works under Gagaga Bunko with great pace, and left MF Bunko J."

I don't blame you for losing your faith. The ending is indeed shit. But I can't believe Hirasaka-sensei is willing to ruin her story just like that, after 8 volumes and 2 seasons of anime, or more like 9 Volumes, because only the last 2 really stinks to me. Someone must have really did an unforgivable thing to her, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Haganai was popular, so why would she randomly team up with another illustrator, go to a different publisher and start a new series? And I don't want to overthink this, but in ImotoSae, sometimes I feel like the harsh remarks about the industry is due to personal experience.
Sep 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
Sep 17, 2017 10:33 AM
Jun 2014
tragedydesu said:

There you go.
Sep 17, 2017 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
SogiitaGunha said:
tragedydesu said:

There you go.

Sep 17, 2017 5:08 PM
May 2017
OtakuOne said:
Ahhh... I can rejoice that this has no incest. Eromanga-sensei was trash... But so am I.
goddamn Gigguk man
Sep 17, 2017 5:10 PM
May 2017
This is just too close to Eromanga Sensei. Sis-con/Incest...Writing a light novel? Cover art stuff? I'll check it out if it doesn't have incest. Like...ew.
Sep 17, 2017 6:17 PM

Aug 2015
I'm only watching this because of Kantoku.
Sep 19, 2017 12:35 PM
Aug 2012
why are you saying this like i dont want incest huh
Sep 19, 2017 12:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I won't read spoilers but lack of incest is disappointing

That said as long as it's imo-level is high enough I think I'll live, just as long as there's no "we're not actually blood-related but we're in love" development because that is BS
Sep 19, 2017 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
Is this another anime with tsundere imouto?. If yes then I'll pass.
Sep 21, 2017 5:24 PM

Jan 2014
See's "Imouto" in the title, reads English translation *Eyes Brighten*
Reads this post *Hopes and Dreams Shatter*
Should still be a dope show with a cute imouto tho, and we can always pray for the true end.
Sep 25, 2017 2:03 AM

Aug 2017
Well.. "Not blood related" still an excuse for me. It's not like he doesn't have any tendency to bang her sister, no?
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Sep 25, 2017 6:19 AM
Jun 2014
KUROnoKURO said:
Is this another anime with tsundere imouto?. If yes then I'll pass.

Then good for you, cause the answer is "No."

suzuya_mitsuko said:
Well.. "Not blood related" still an excuse for me. It's not like he doesn't have any tendency to bang her sister, no?

The thing is...
Sep 25, 2017 7:46 AM

Aug 2017
@SogiitaGunha

Okay, I reread your every post properly now. From what you say, I do have more chance to full watch this, but not really sure when you told about Kani personality. How much time she will be like that?

About the story, do you know how many volume will be adapted?

I hope the author won't pull that card...
Sep 25, 2017 8:40 AM
Jun 2014
suzuya_mitsuko said:
@SogiitaGunha

Okay, I reread your every post properly now. From what you say, I do have more chance to full watch this, but not really sure when you told about Kani personality. How much time she will be like that?

About the story, do you know how many volume will be adapted?

I hope the author won't pull that card...

For the first question, there will be several cases. Not sure which scenes they want to adapt, but the fanservice level of the novel is quite high. Hirasaka-sensei even joked about the 22:30 broadcast time, that she is glad for such a good time slot, but worried at the same time.

For the second question, I think 4 volumes. Kaiko debuts in Volume 4, and she is in the cast. But her first appearance will be in Episode 6, if the news are correct, so there will be some potential reshuffling of scenes. Hirasaka-sensei is credited for the series composition and she said that it should feel fresh for anyone even if they had already read the source material. The changes were made to fit the format.
Sep 25, 2017 3:22 PM

Aug 2017
I see..

I'm not fond of fanservice, so I want to ask you how appealing is the story to someone like me? I'm sorry for raining you with so many question, but I just want to make sure my enjoyment. You can ignore this if you don't want to.
Sep 26, 2017 1:55 PM
Jun 2014
suzuya_mitsuko said:
I see..

I'm not fond of fanservice, so I want to ask you how appealing is the story to someone like me? I'm sorry for raining you with so many question, but I just want to make sure my enjoyment. You can ignore this if you don't want to.

Don't worry about the questions.
Took a look at your completed entries, and based on that, this will probably be around 6. It's definitely not the most complex story ever, but it has its moments. The fun times and struggles of eccentric light novel authors with their work, with their friends, and with romance. If you find the cast entertaining, then it should be fine, but if not, then I think it's simply not your cup of tea.
Sep 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Aug 2017
SogiitaGunha said:
suzuya_mitsuko said:
I see..

Don't worry about the questions.
Took a look at your completed entries, and based on that, this will probably be around 6. It's definitely not the most complex story ever, but it has its moments. The fun times and struggles of eccentric light novel authors with their work, with their friends, and with romance. If you find the cast entertaining, then it should be fine, but if not, then I think it's simply not your cup of tea.

I see. Yeah, probably around 6 or more if I can have a genuine laugh from it.

Thanks for your guidance. You're really know this stuff, huh? I really appreciate your hard work to convince people mind's about this series. :D

Btw, yesterday I got curious about Haganai after hearing about his "failure" ending from you. Now I know and I think I'm satisfied with the anime only. :|
Sep 27, 2017 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
what why? I demand incest!
Sep 27, 2017 1:01 AM

Jun 2015
Lol I'm gonna watch this.

I'm ready for eromanga season 2
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 28, 2017 3:05 AM
Jan 2016
Incest or no, light novel author + siscon MC raise some flags for me.
Sep 28, 2017 11:02 AM
Jan 2014
Holy shit!! IS COMIIIING!! Kantoku's Ero-design is Here BICTHES!!! xD

Kantoku-sensei! BEST ERO-SENSEI!... a great illustrator of The Teen Bodies ❤️❤️❤️👍

This is definitely isn't incest... but light novel leaves nothing to the imagination! xD
Sep 28, 2017 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
Okay... I guess I reconsider.... But if the imouto is a tsundere I'm out..

Oct 2, 2017 1:02 AM
Jun 2017
Then I'll guess I'll give this one a chance after all. A part of me hopes that this'll be a fun, lightly comedic SoL anime centering on this pervy kid learning to appreciate and better respect his family.
However, I'm mostly calling BS on these hopes and expecting another garbage show full of incest lolicon fanservice.
Oct 3, 2017 4:49 PM

Oct 2008
From it's description, it seems like an Eromanga spinoff.
It's just too similar, and that one ended not long ago.

Not sure if i want that, or not.
Especially since Eromanga was pretty mediocre for me.
Oct 3, 2017 5:00 PM

Feb 2016
Vargr said:

It sounds alot like Eromanga yeah, but i can assure you its better,
since first and foremost, this isnt with kids, 50% of the main cast is 20 y/o 25% is 18 y/o and the trap little brother i dont even know how old he is,
Its about a Light Novel author yes, a Light Novel author with a massive little sister fetish, although he himself doesnt have a little sister, and it seems, guessing from illustrations he gets over his fetish, and start dating the main girl

also this guy gets insane sales, all his books have atleast sold a 100000 copies!!!
Oct 3, 2017 5:02 PM

Feb 2016
KamenRiderMagna said:
Okay... I guess I reconsider.... But if the imouto is a tsundere I'm out..

Thats the thing, there is no little sister here :v
Oct 6, 2017 9:47 AM
Jan 2015
NO incest , i'm out of here . please inform me if author happens to change his mind .
I don't like ero manga type girl anyways . They are just shitty lolis who think they are great but are actually just garbage .

OreImo was great btw and so was Irregular at magic high school .
Oct 6, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2016
BlackFIFA19 said:
Vargr said:

since first and foremost, this isnt with kids, 50% of the main cast is 20 y/o 25% is 18 y/o and the trap little brother i dont even know how old he is,
Its about a Light Novel author yes, a Light Novel author with a massive little sister fetish, although he himself doesnt have a little sister, and it seems, guessing from illustrations he gets over his fetish, and start dating the main girl

also this guy gets insane sales, all his books have atleast sold a 100000 copies!!!
What volume/chapter?
Oct 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2016
Greninja_170 said:
BlackFIFA19 said:

What volume/chapter?

Its from volume 7 dont know what chapter though
Oct 6, 2017 11:00 AM

Sep 2016
BlackFIFA19 said:
Greninja_170 said:
What volume/chapter?

Its from volume 7 dont know what chapter though
Too bad we won't be able to see it in the anime.
Oct 7, 2017 1:35 PM
Sep 2015
how many volume will it cover? In your opinion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

166 by Dapineappleking1 »»
Apr 6, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.