Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2010 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Faina is bat shit insane.
May 11, 2010 5:32 PM
Feb 2009
wow dude what the hell, next thing you know Yuuki's old girlfriend will strangle him and his current gf
Apr 5, 2011 12:26 PM

Feb 2009
Faina is kinda yandere imo.The way she's like "you either be with me or die by my hands".Well,most people on the ship are going crazy,anyway,so it's not big deal.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jul 13, 2011 2:06 PM

May 2011
With this episode, Faina becomes an even stronger candidate for the"craziest character aboard the Ryvius" -award. Of course, there are some very strong contenders.
Mar 16, 2012 6:50 AM

Jun 2009
I don't care about Faina or her past but I honestly I wish Kouji was dead for real - the guy is a real pain.
Sep 17, 2012 8:26 AM
Feb 2010
On hold due to disc issues.
Feb 28, 2013 2:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Faina is actually a murderer. No wonder she thinks people should be free of their past.

Despite his enormous limitations as a human being, Kouji is actually a more moral and just being than the by now dictatorially insame Ikumi and the psycho emo teenager Yuki. I cannot believe there's people who prefer Yuki to Kouji. But then you check what kind of anime they like then you realize it was to be expected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2008
I really really dislike Yuki now. I can't believe he didn't care at all that his brother has been shot.
Oct 20, 2013 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
Ouch...Kouji. I think he's more than just in pain. Pretty sure he died then. Also, those are some cold yet honest words at the end there.
Nov 13, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2009
Wow . . . I can't believe they gave such little shit not only for the near death of Kouji (granted he lives through this, not sure he will) as well as for the fact that currently the E block is locked and without lights (Also shouldn't they be wondering why kouji and aoi who were both C are now E?)
Dec 11, 2013 7:40 PM
Sep 2013
Marzan said:
Faina is actually a murderer. No wonder she thinks people should be free of their past.

Despite his enormous limitations as a human being, Kouji is actually a more moral and just being than the by now dictatorially insame Ikumi and the psycho emo teenager Yuki. I cannot believe there's people who prefer Yuki to Kouji. But then you check what kind of anime they like then you realize it was to be expected.

Yea some of the people comments on this series are pretty unsettling to read.
Mar 16, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
I have to hand it to the writers.
Some of these characters make me boil in rage.
Someone should just lock Heiger, Ikumi and Faina in a room and burn them alive.
Brilliant episode nonetheless.
5/5.
TrequartistaJul 28, 2014 11:18 AM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 5, 2014 9:28 PM

May 2010
Aiba must have the worst luck, but he brought it upon himself.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
this show is astonishingly good, how the fuck did this little gem fade into obscurity?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 15, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2013
Wow. WOW.

What I like of this show is how it's believable and doesn't do a blood bath (like they could) to make their points.

Like I said before, Kouji is still one of the few rational beings there, no wonder why pink girl is trying to help him.

When they were closing the gates, was that Blue in one of the scenes?

Well, everyone is out of their senses. Ikumi, his gal, Yuuki, green haired girl, Oberstein (actually, I think this guy is just as good, might even be better), Faina and her cult etc. Most of the people who actually have got some sense still are from the E group.

By the way, Charlie getting the girl is hilarious, but I like it haha. At least he is now more sympathetic than he was when the Blue group took charge of Ryvius.

Edit: blue haired girl is one of the most pathetic out there lol. And she thinks she is better than Juli. Poor girl, has a crush on a little boy.
Sep 18, 2015 4:32 PM
May 2015
Farabeuf said:

Kouji can't do anything. Telling people they have to fix something without having any idea for an alternative is what makes a lot of people hate him. He's indecisive, self righteous, preachy, friendly to everyone and has very little actual ability. Also, I can't remember what anime, but his voice actor played a character that I really hated so the voice pisses me off too. Yuki has problems too but he doesn't offend me the way Kouji does. Ikumi has pretty much lost his marbles at this point, his idea to use force to return order was a good one but he's going overboard now. I agree that Kouji is the most moral person of the three but in this situation that's completely useless and negligible. The most important thing is to stop everyone from killing each other.
Jun 23, 2016 6:15 AM

Jul 2008
Wow Ikumi actually shot him and Yuki did nothing but walk away?! Everyone has lost it.

I want to kill Yuki and Faina.
Aug 30, 2016 12:22 PM
Jan 2010
There goes the gun of my hopes and dreams T_T
So disappointing. I thought Kouji would at least do SOMETHING worthwhile with it other than just getting shot himself. This show just keeps on becoming more and more rage inducing for me.

God damn it, I'm so fucking salty that the gun was pretty much entirely pointless.
Jul 6, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
So let me get this straight.. Yuki hates his Kouji because Aoi likes him more, he's a brat, he is indecisive, wants to be everybody's friend and Yuki finds him useless.. so, when someone shots your brother you walk away for THOSE REASONS? It's not like Kouji chopped off Yuki's arm or molested Yuki when he was trying to sleep.. it's petty things (at least as far as we know).

Everybody has lost their minds on the ship, but has Yuki? No. He seems like the same exact person from the start of the show till now.

Sep 2, 2017 1:30 PM
Feb 2016
The only voice of reason gets shot.
Now I want to beat up that conniving, lying bastard and that so-called friend but actually piece of shit Izumi. Yuuki is an immature, violent retard who deserves a public bare-assed spanking.
May 9, 2019 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Heiger is the conniving mastermind of the Ryvius and Ikumi's right-hand man. Ikumi is a tyrant. Michelle is basically the general of Ikumi's SS. Yuki is Kouji's villainous brother. Faina is batshit crazy yandere who's number one threat to Aoi. I wonder if she'll be the next to die after Kouji.

5/5 episode. I agree with @JizzyHitler . This show is amazing. I'm considering bumping my score from an 8 to a 9.
Mar 13, 2020 11:35 AM
Nov 2013
I like how all the people placing Kouji above the others for being morale, have absolutely no solutions for what should have been done in place of what Ikumi/Yuki actually went and did as a result of no one doing anything.

It must be nice standing on that empty morale high ground while looking down on all the people who favor Yuki/hate Kouji

Juli: But...!
Ikumi: "Then what do YOU suggest? If you have a better alternative, then tell us!"
Juli: Well...
Yuki: Arguing without even an alternative to suggest?

Fucking exactly. Both of them are literally waiting for someone to come up with a better solution

But neither Juli nor Kouji nor either of their viewer fanclubs can come up with any while condemning Ikumi/Yuki's method of maintaining control.

One thing that is flawed though, was the moving of people based on ability. They just had to keep the people still for 20 days :/

Well.. Heigar is actually the big wrench in the system tbh

There Kouji goes again, demanding changes to the system without offering any suggestions.

Kouji then gets shot for basically admitting he is in cahoots with the guy who wanted to abandon everyone aka Blue

Pretty much the pain Kouji is feeling at the end is a culmination of all the inaction performed by him throughout the series
NakuyMar 13, 2020 11:57 AM
Jan 17, 2023 4:25 AM
Feb 2016
While Kouji was annoying and self-righteous, his brother is infinitely worst in my opinion. Constantly belittling his own brother and then not caring when Kouiji gets shot and is dying in front of him. 
Feb 28, 2023 8:44 AM

Dec 2022
How do you let yourself get disarmed like that? He could've easily pulled the trigger in the telegraphed time it took for Yuki to attack him. I wouldn't hesitate to pull it if I were Kouji, considering how many people assault him for absolutely no reason. I appreciate Neya finally doing things as well.

Shaded Horizon

4 hours ago
Oct 2022
They are already in the middle of battle. And they already won. Stein is crushin nobly. I don’t think they’re going to be able to land on Uranus peacefully. She believes in him as a deity. It’s all ahoy. Holy cow that sounds like love. Maybe because it is. Arguing without having any alternatives. The murderer’s guarantee. Bureaucrat behavior. Luckily they’re in the same. The friends are splitting. It’s only for 20 days allegedly. Everyone is being locked. Stein is trying to kill everyone he doesn’t like. Lookson finally pulling out valid takes. The religious murderer is trapped in here too. He is not fine with it how it is. Naya does somthing. He wants to help. It’s party time. Frankly. It is obvious what he really wants to do. They come face-to-face at last. The past against the future. Going on both directions. There’s a bubble in the anomaly. It’s normal. Fina lies and listens in. The system is people taking away others freedom. Even ahoy was attacked. It’s still no good. And his solution is less freedom. They give Pat a Ralph Lawrence. Pat wants blues hankie. I hope he’s on Looksons side too. Don’t don’t don’t. The system needs to change into a different system. But what system will do. More arguing without an alternative. It is valid something needs to change, but what does it need to change to? Neither of them are by her side. He is with ahoy. He is back to punching his brother as usual. He brings out the gun finally. Must he be everyone’s friend? He loses the gun and his friend pointed at him. What he is doing won’t make her happy and that’s what he knows. She would never be happy with this. He is shot. Does it hurt? She is torturing him in the name of love and religion. She will never become part of his past because he will become part of hers. Your past is necessary if you want to experience a full life. She has killed in her past, this is why she wants to leave it behind, she killed in the name against the God that she still defends. And it fades to red. 5

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 22 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

14 by TheVistrian »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 21 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 9, 2009

30 by TheVistrian »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 20 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 19 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

20 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 18 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.