Forum Settings
Forums
New
worth it?
Aug 19, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2014
was it worth it? Not in a sense that "hey, it got me a job" but in a way that

"hey, it was engaging, it was definitely worth the money/time to learn by way of the college system, amazing "

general thoughts/rants on it? did you come out a well rounded sophisticated individual?
Is this where you live?

Aug 19, 2017 7:21 PM

Apr 2017
Yes I majored in women studies
And now i study women
Professionally
Great degree really learned everything important there is to know
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Aug 19, 2017 8:05 PM

Apr 2017
peanutbutters said:
did you come out a well rounded sophisticated individual?

Yes the women that I studied, I found, that the best ones are well rounded
Curvy
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Aug 19, 2017 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
For what I wanted to study it helped. I did theatre and I came out of college like the chick from Glass no Kamen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 8:49 PM

Feb 2013
what if i graduated community college :thinking:
Aug 20, 2017 1:54 AM

Mar 2010
still working towards a degree, but I can say that it's been pretty fun so far; I don't feel like I'm wasting time or money, it's been a pleasant experience so far.
But then again, things like this depends on a million factors and in the end just comes down to how you personally feel about it

Aug 20, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Education wise, yeah, a sizable waste of money.
I majored in Computer Science and all of the skills and technology I use at work, I learned on my own with side projects/ internships.

My experiences, the people I met, and life lessons I learned are priceless though. Wouldn't trade those for anything.
☆ V E L V E T  (ハジメました) feel free to add/comment!

anime_list | BN_ID: #1404 | LoL: mmredvelvet

let's eat good food and play games together ~
Aug 20, 2017 8:18 PM

Aug 2010
To be honest, my degree wasn't worth it unless you really want to do something with it. My degree was History and unless you want to be an historian or a teacher you can't really do anything specific with it. My current job is doing Data Entry at a big company, but I didn't need a degree to do that job. Just some computer skills which I easily have. Anyway, my true goal is owning a business. And if my calculations are correct it will be big someday!!! :)

Aug 20, 2017 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Everyone walks their life at a different pace. For me I didn't use my time in university to the best of my ability. I rarely socialized and realized I missed out on all these wonderful opportunities of meeting people and doing fun stuff. Even for my Master's I was kind of similar. Now I'm able to progress beyond that, realizing that opportunities doesn't always come by and you need to make your own.

To answer the question, I didn't enjoy it that much, but it was still a part of life that helped build my character.
Aug 20, 2017 9:42 PM

Feb 2015
I dunno about College yet, although I enjoyed my free-time during HS :)
Aug 20, 2017 11:59 PM

Mar 2014
I think everything depends on your interactions during your college life. As for me, yes, I think college has gave me broader views about the world.
Aug 21, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
"hey, it was engaging, it was definitely worth the money/time to learn by way of the college system, amazing "

HAHAHAHAHA fuck no.

The only reason a degree exists is for you to get a job.
Aug 21, 2017 1:25 AM

Mar 2012
My three years of under-graduate course were definitely worth it, the college and professors were better than the ones from my Jr. College we had our departmental fests and the best part was the final year project, learned a lot and had fun too. The education system sucks though, the syllabus is pretty much outdated. But post-graduate is completely worthless, they'll take a huge sum of money, not conduct any lectures, rush through the portion a few days before exams, same with practicals.
Aug 21, 2017 6:03 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
college is more fun than sixth form imo

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Aug 21, 2017 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
So what is college again? I think you mean "university"
Aug 21, 2017 6:09 AM

Jan 2016
I got my current really good job just because of having a big family based around entrepreneurship, I didnt even finish my degree. Absolute waste of time and money
Aug 21, 2017 9:24 AM

Aug 2017
IMO, its only worth it if you get a degree that has efficacy in the real world or you got a job directly related to, or because of your degree. I know far to many people who got stupid degrees (which is at least 50% of all college degrees at most Unis) and loaded up on debt, only to bitch about not getting jobs in said sectors/industries or lacking gainful employment, and then bitching about student loan forgiveness.

My first degree was in Business Administration, and my second was in Computer Information Technology concentrating in SysAdmin/Networking. I worked in the automotive industry to a few years, and got bored/was grossly unfulfilled. I'm back in school currently with a year left to finish my degree in Respiratory Therapy.
Aug 21, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
Going to college can only be reward it, if you actually going to use you're degree on something that will benefit you on the long-run. Unless you have this magic ticket called "talent", then there's almost no reason to invest on it.
Aug 22, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
I must admit, my going to college wasn't very well thought of. I just took it because that's what my parents expected me to, and I didn't really enjoy what I was studying back then. But I endured, thinking that I've got nothing to lose anyway, especially when I haven't really decided yet on what I wanted to do.

I'm a full-grown adult now, and it's a shame that I still haven't figured out what I really wanted to be. I earn a living alright, but I'm still testing the waters, with no clear plans for the future whatsoever. A lot can happen, but as long as I've got good health, my sanity, and my college degree, I can rest assured that there will always be a way for me to land a job and contribute to the society.

I don't claim to know everything, but I believe that, if one could afford it, having a college degree would best for those like me who lives in uncertainty. It wouldn't hurt to have a safety net that could catch you when all else fails, right? Just something to fall back to until I've decided on what I want to do with my life. But even if my decision proved to be a failure, or if I never come to a decision at all, at the very least, I can be confident that I would never end up homeless as long as I have the basic qualifications. It wouldn't necessarily be easy, but I'd say it's still worth it.
IsabeeAug 22, 2017 1:12 PM
Aug 23, 2017 3:31 AM

Nov 2014
Even if you ignore piece of paper you get for it, I still think it's mostly worth it.
From my experience, I learned many practical details about chemistry, finances and environmentalism that allow me to call people out on their bullshit.
Aug 23, 2017 4:03 AM

Jun 2016
I graduated 2 years ago, and I can say it's worth it. I mean I'm not going to pursue a graduate degree if it's not worth it. And without my perseverance and my eagerness to learn when I was still in college, I don't think I'm not working at the school where I'm having fun teaching my students.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - May 5

48 by Zamus_Edits »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

7 by Zamus_Edits »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » will there be any zombie outbreak in the near future?

FruitPunchBaka - 4 hours ago

4 by BitChilly »»
25 minutes ago

» How do you like your coffee? ( 1 2 )

Kvistis - Feb 8

80 by Zamus_Edits »»
30 minutes ago

» A real painting you'd like to see as fanart

PyGno_ - 1 hour ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.