Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2017 5:25 PM
Mar 2014
since the other topic on this got shit stormed by manga fans, let's be clear.

Is it necessary to watch the other anime adaptions of the show, or will it be possible to watch this without?
And no, i will not read the manga, i do not care for manga.
so let me confirm, do i need to watch the other anime adaptions or can i watch this without?
thank you
Aug 18, 2017 6:12 PM

May 2012
The anime adaptations? No, they deviate a lot partway through. However, due to the recent chapters in UQ Holder, it'd be best to read the manga to get a grasp of the whole situation.

I mean, you COULD watch UQ Holder without going into the prequel at all, but you'd missing out on a lot of world-building and other major details.

Aug 18, 2017 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Na it's not necessary, but you will miss some stuff that they will mention

I went into reading UQ Holder barely knowing anything about Negima, and I still got alot out of it.

Aug 21, 2017 1:21 AM

May 2017
Will the ED for this be the2nd FMA 2003 OP lmao ?
Sep 1, 2017 7:18 AM
Jul 2011
@krillerthekille
Is it necessary to watch the other anime adaptions of the show, or will it be possible to watch this without?

Actually nobody knows. Nobody has seen the anime yet.
Maybe it will explain the things properly or something.

Also the Negima animes aren't very fateful adaptation except the OVA's but they are very short fragments from the manga.

If UQ Holder anime will be 100% adaptation of the manga the knowledge only from the Negima anime will be insufficient (and even wrong).
It they adapt only the main stroy and explain carefully every Negima reference it would be possible to watch UQ Holder without reading the Negima manga.
Sep 2, 2017 1:53 AM

Jul 2016
megaload said:
If UQ Holder anime will be 100% adaptation of the manga the knowledge only from the Negima anime will be insufficient (and even wrong).
It they adapt only the main stroy and explain carefully every Negima reference it would be possible to watch UQ Holder without reading the Negima manga.

Well according to Akamatsu's quote in Vol. 13, the UQ Holder! anime mostly will only gonna adapted around chapter 90 or so chapters and ignored the first 80 chapters as Akamatsu said Dana will ONLY appears in the OVA but not in the show itself.
Sep 3, 2017 12:14 PM
Sep 2017
I think this will be variant of the current story. I think itself will be it's own thing since the manga has changed significantly since it's inception. I just worry that the adaptation will be lame like other Negi universe animes.
Sep 6, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2009
it's sad they changed end of first anime, if they kept original story line then there would have been chance for second season and second season would have strong arc school festival.

biggest problem is that story starts as romance/comedy and first anime ends at border where author finally begun making bigger steps to turn it into action.
Sep 6, 2017 2:03 PM
Sep 2015
QUESTION I have stopped reading manga since Chebster 139 and then stopped when the manga will be returned to spread the chaptter
Sep 6, 2017 2:05 PM
Sep 2015
In other words when the manga will be returned
Sep 7, 2017 1:24 AM

Jul 2016
jack4s said:
it's sad they changed end of first anime, if they kept original story line then there would have been chance for second season and second season would have strong arc school festival.

Agreed and those like School Festival arc are only able to adapted into the video game.

Damn I really really hope that new Negima phachinko/slot machine game that released in few days ago was release as a Anime remake instead of game, seeing Negi vs Kotaro first fight and Negi vs Chao fight in both 2D animation and 3G models in that game was awesome. (I only seen it in the trailer tho)

jack4s said:
biggest problem is that story starts as romance/comedy and first anime ends at border where author finally begun making bigger steps to turn it into action.

I found up a really ridiculous story element change in both Negima and UQ Holder! lol

Negima!: Romance>Action
UQ Holder!: Action>Romance

houssam_alg said:
In other words when the manga will be returned

If you were talk about the UQ Holder manga well the manga was only having a big hiatus once at June 2016 and returned at October 2016, the manga was already returned for a long time ago it's just being release monthly.
Oct 2, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
krillerthekille said:
since the other topic on this got shit stormed by manga fans, let's be clear.

And no, i will not read the manga, i do not care for manga.
so let me confirm, do i need to watch the other anime adaptions or can i watch this without?
thank you

in all honesty dude ive been looking around and all you don't need to unless u want to get into this series. If not just fucking watch and that's that
Oct 2, 2017 8:22 PM

Nov 2013
I got a feeling they will do some flashback to introduce some of important negima characters like Rakan and Fate that never been adapted in any Negima anime iirc.

So if the director is not an idiot, he will let the non Negima manga reader (which should be the majority of the watcher) to enjoy the anime on it self.

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

36 by MyAnimeList94 »»
Jun 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

80 by Maknae19 »»
Jun 5, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2017

67 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

59 by Dudes3712 »»
Feb 20, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2017

49 by DiegoSxnpai »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.