Forum Settings
Forums

The "women are physically inferior to men" claim

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2010 9:14 AM
Aug 2009
corbenic said:
We'd all just say 'everyone's different' and call it a day.

That is exactly what I'm trying to get you to do.

corbenic said:

Of course it is, because hormones are.

It's not like you can't take hormones externally.
MinimalisticMar 4, 2010 9:34 AM
Mar 4, 2010 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
Naturally, men have the potential to become physically stronger than women because of the far higher levels of testosterone in their bodies.
Mar 4, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2008
So if women are not physically inferior to men, then why do they get slower times on Olympic events than men?

If their physical potential was ultimately the same they should be getting similar times. Funding isn't a problem either.
Mar 4, 2010 9:57 AM

Jan 2010
okay here are my views on this claim.

men are going to be better at most sports (that actually use muslces and such) because men are constructed to be strong alpha males types. now there are some exceptions. women not to be mean or crude were not made to do what a man can do. that doesnt go to say that they wont be good at it, or cant do it at all. but in reality a man will always be more physically advanced than a women. now, women on the other hand are not made for physical feats, or outlandish masculintity. they are more of the smart type. not saying all women are smart....because we can all agree that there have been a lot of stupid women in the past and even now. but that also goes for men too. men and women are designed to co-exist with eachother. this whole arguemnet over which species of human is better than the other is absurd. i myself am a man, but i do not in any way treat a women like she is of a lower rank than me just because she is a women. we are all equal in the minds eye. but in physical/mental feats we differ to the point of extremes.
Rebirth of Souls
Mar 4, 2010 10:07 AM

Apr 2008
rebirth_of_soul said:
they are more of the smart type. not saying all women are smart....because we can all agree that there have been a lot of stupid women in the past and even now. but that also goes for men too. men and women are designed to co-exist with eachother. this whole arguemnet over which species of human is better than the other is absurd. i myself am a man, but i do not in any way treat a women like she is of a lower rank than me just because she is a women. we are all equal in the minds eye. but in physical/mental feats we differ to the point of extremes.

Ever heard of normal distribution?

Well you should, before making such a judgement. Calling women "more intelligent" is silly and statistically wrong too. Taking IQ for example (of course, in no way authoritative, but it's the best we have to try and systematize intelligence, which in itself is useless imo), In general, following normal distribution patterns, men tend to more often (than women) be on the extremes of the spectrum, meaning you're far more likely to encounter mentally disabled men than women, but are also more likely to find men with "genius" (in quotations, don't believe in the concept of genius) IQs than women.

To say therefore that women are "more clever" than men is a false statement. Following statistics, men and women average out roughly at the same number (in terms of IQ), but at the same time, female IQs are located closer to the central percentile than men's, who are more common than women at both IQ extremes.
Mar 4, 2010 10:15 AM

Jan 2010
Sohei said:
rebirth_of_soul said:
they are more of the smart type. not saying all women are smart....because we can all agree that there have been a lot of stupid women in the past and even now. but that also goes for men too. men and women are designed to co-exist with eachother. this whole arguemnet over which species of human is better than the other is absurd. i myself am a man, but i do not in any way treat a women like she is of a lower rank than me just because she is a women. we are all equal in the minds eye. but in physical/mental feats we differ to the point of extremes.

Ever heard of normal distribution?

Well you should, before making such a judgement. Calling women "more intelligent" is silly and statistically wrong too. Taking IQ for example (of course, in no way authoritative, but it's the best we have to try and systematize intelligence, which in itself is useless imo), In general, following normal distribution patterns, men tend to more often (than women) be on the extremes of the spectrum, meaning you're far more likely to encounter mentally disabled men than women, but are also more likely to find men with "genius" (in quotations, don't believe in the concept of genius) IQs than women.

To say therefore that women are "more clever" than men is a false statement. Following statistics, men and women average out roughly at the same number (in terms of IQ), but at the same time, female IQs are located closer to the central percentile than men's, who are more common than women at both IQ extremes.

actully if really do look at the statistics (cough,cough) even though it may be true that men are closer to this so called spectrum of genius-ness. it is not unheard of for a women to have the exact/close to IQ. and also i never said anything about women being more clever than men, but they do have more assests to toggle with then men.(if you know what i mean) women practically gave birht to the art of seduction, something no man. no matter how sexy, handsome, or (dare i say) "big" he is, can copy the effects of a women seducing a man. but i digress (seriously i went off topic for a sec) women and men are should treat eachother equally in the minds eye. but as far as physical means. men are going to be better at most of it.And to call someone silly for their own opinion is quite frivilous in itself too. dont you think Sohei?
Rebirth of Souls
Mar 4, 2010 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
Sohei said:
So if women are not physically inferior to men, then why do they get slower times on Olympic events than men?

If their physical potential was ultimately the same they should be getting similar times. Funding isn't a problem either.

And they'd be competing against each other directly.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 4, 2010 10:28 AM

Jan 2010
KyuuAL said:
Sohei said:

And they'd be competing against each other directly.

very true funding wouldnt be a question. women are'nt built for physical feats. point, blank, period. but that doesnt mean they cant try. lolz
wow could you imagine a girl rugby or football team going up against the mens finnest inthose sports? brutal......but it would make for good entertainment, i guess.
Rebirth of Souls
Mar 4, 2010 10:31 AM

Apr 2008
rebirth_of_soul said:

actully if really do look at the statistics (cough,cough) even though it may be true that men are closer to this so called spectrum of genius-ness. it is not unheard of for a women to have the exact/close to IQ. and also i never said anything about women being more clever than men, but they do have more assests to toggle with then men.(if you know what i mean) women practically gave birht to the art of seduction, something no man. no matter how sexy, handsome, or (dare i say) "big" he is, can copy the effects of a women seducing a man. but i digress (seriously i went off topic for a sec) women and men are should treat eachother equally in the minds eye. but as far as physical means. men are going to be better at most of it.And to call someone silly for their own opinion is quite frivilous in itself too. dont you think Sohei?

Frivolous? Certainly, but I don't profess to have the right answer to anything, I'm simply stating my own highly biased opinion.

However, I can hardly agree with your definition of sensual assets. I belief women learnt the art (lol) of seduction due to the chauvinist/paternalistic society that has dominated humanity since the early days of Homo Sapiens. I believe that if society had turned maternalistic, seduction would have primarily belonged to men. Ergo, I don't think that from the outset women have an advantage over men.

Furthermore, don't you think that saying that "women have more assets to toggle with than men" is somewhat chauvinistic in itself? It implies that women have to make use of physical flattery to appeal to men while the opposite is not necessarily true for men and that therefore women are inferior partners in a relationship.

Well, the logic is lacking a bit in the above, but I can;t be bothered to rewrite it, and I hope you understand what I mean anyway.
Mar 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Apr 2009
Anybody with a pair of eyes can see that women are smaller, weaker, and slower than men, (I'm putting this next part in bold so that the retards out there on the internet know that I know that there are exceptions.) IN GENERAL.

It doesn't matter if the cause is social, biological, or a wierd combination of genetic drift caused by social norms. It's still true.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Mar 4, 2010 10:38 AM

Jan 2010
Sohei
Well, the logic is lacking a bit in the above, but I can;t be bothered to rewrite it, and I hope you understand what I mean anyway.[/quote said:

ahh, i understand you. okay ^^ i see your point sorry if i came off as rude or misinterpretive. forgive me. but i do agree with you at one point
Furthermore, don't you think that saying that "women have more assets to toggle with than men" is somewhat chauvinistic in itself? It implies that women have to make use of physical flattery to appeal to men while the opposite is not necessarily true for men and that therefore women are inferior partners in a relationship.

it is true that what i said was a bit chauvinistic as you say, but i did not mean or imply that they are inferior as partners in a relationship.a relationship is like a big balance beam. there is the primary balance and the counter balance. in order for the relationship between two partners to be successful both must balance eachother out. which means that the man and women must give and sacrifice equally. everything in life is kind of like a balance beam. you cant do to much because then the other side will lose some content, and you cant do to little in fear of letting the other side corrupt your life. it is a complex system that we men and women deal with every day without really even paying it any mind.
Rebirth of Souls
Mar 4, 2010 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
I quite frankly hate this argument. It's biased, sexist, and is often disputed between idiots who want to make themselves feel better for losing a fight with that girl when they were in grade school. I couldn't tell you my opinion because I never researched the facts and I feel that none of you arguing for this point have either. There is little to no use of any ethos or logos in this thread. You accept these points to support your claims as common knowledge. That may be for some, but you aren't using it to prove your points. Granted, I didn't read all of these posts and some I fragmented, but I felt most of you were beating around the same damn bush, and some of the posts got me bored. I'm open to believe any side of this debate but both sides are too busy with their hands down their pants to actually use proven, unbiased evidence. Therefore I don't know facts from bullshit and a resolution will not be reached for this debate. Furthermore...

KyuuAL said:
Motor sports.

That's evened out between genders because ... well... much of the work is done by machines. Therefore, ability is left to skill. When it comes to skill, the gender gap is narrower (if not even).

I think this is probably the smartest thing said, out of this whole mess of junk information. Although this isn't being debated, people fail to realize that men and women are both equal when it comes to smarts. Women may be even more focused and devoted to something then men. Arlie Hochschild, a sociologist who studied emotional labor, found that women are more task oriented them men. She found that women are more likely to do more for a job,then actually required rather then men. This shows that many women are superior, and that men are more lazy. you adjust skills to the extremes in both men and women, and women are more likely to succeed. Take Annie Duke for example. She was the winner of the 2004 World Series of Poker Champions, beating out all of the males.
StubsMar 4, 2010 11:29 AM

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Mar 4, 2010 12:15 PM

Feb 2009
Lol, I laughed reading the thread. Deal with it, women are physically inferior to men simply because they lack the more athletic build and muscular build of a male body, it's a fact. Also a fact is the claim that women have greater resistance and tolerance to pain, giving birth is something that a man wouldn't probably be able to endure, women are tough like that.

Also men'ss penises are usually superior than women's.
VeethornMar 4, 2010 12:37 PM
Mar 4, 2010 2:17 PM

Jun 2008
Reape said:
No matter what differences you can spot you can still only talk about averages... and averages fail when we are talking about a large group of humans in real life. Sure we can say that women as a group have a less muscle than men as a group, but then we'd have to question that why did we divide people into these two groups in the first place? There are still a lot of men who are below the average woman and women who are above the average man and it doesn't even really matter how many of them are out there as long as they exist. So surely it would make a lot of more sense to simply divide people to "muscular" and "non-muscular" for this issue... if we want to divide them at all.

First NO there aren't many men that are below the average woman. There are some but certainly not many. Yes there are women who are above the average man. Still not many and lot's of those women became like that by using methods that changed there way of being born(hormones and staff). But even if a woman was simply borne stronger than an average man she the exception of the rule. We are talking about the overwhelming majority here. If a wild boar sometime managed to put down a lion it doesn't mean lions are not stronger.

Reape said:
In fact you all should first define "man" and "woman" for this discussion to even continue.

Are you fucking serious?

Reape said:
And then we have to question the potential. Even if an average woman has a harder time to build up muscle than an average man without any outside help if we increase her androgen production to the level of the man their capability on it will be equal. So all the same it's still not really about gender.

Yeah it we succeed to put a working human brain inside a monkey's head then that means monkeys are as clever as humans. Give me a fucking break.

Sohei said:

However, I can hardly agree with your definition of sensual assets. I belief women learnt the art (lol) of seduction due to the chauvinist/paternalistic society that has dominated humanity since the early days of Homo Sapiens. I believe that if society had turned maternalistic, seduction would have primarily belonged to men. Ergo, I don't think that from the outset women have an advantage over men.

Yes if the society was maternalistic things could be different but to you know why it didn't become like that? Have you thought that it is more likely that it didn't because it couldn't. Men them selves are more obsessed and feel more last for the female body than women feel for men. If a man doesn't cum for a week he starts seeing naked women in his sleep and probably has visions even awake.

Saying women have more assets it's true because men are more interested in everything the female body has. But since it uses the word "more" it doesn't mean that men don't have to do anything about there appearance and the fact that women have men going crazy over there looks doesn't seem exactly like inferiority to me. They can make the poor bastards go crazy. But more of that women more than take back any sacrifice they do for there outside appearance. They have other demands from men, like money, power and other staff.

Veethorn said:

I'm certain that there are since women don't have any.
MonadMar 4, 2010 2:59 PM
Mar 4, 2010 2:41 PM

May 2008
Monad said:
Saying women have more assets it's true because men are more interested in everything the female body has. But since it uses the word "more" it doesn't mean that men don't have to do anything about there appearance and the fact that women have men going crazy over there looks doesn't seem exactly like inferiority to me. They can make the poor bastards go crazy. But more of that women more than take back any sacrifice they do for there outside appearance. They have other demands from men, like money, power and other staff.

I also tend to think that women have more going for them regarding relationships and attraction and ultimately having more control over relationships. But this might be the case of the 'grass is greener'.

Mar 4, 2010 3:12 PM
Dec 2008
CDRW said:
Anybody with a pair of eyes can see that women are smaller, weaker, and slower than men, (I'm putting this next part in bold so that the retards out there on the internet know that I know that there are exceptions.) IN GENERAL.

It doesn't matter if the cause is social, biological, or a wierd combination of genetic drift caused by social norms. It's still true.

I would have never expected a post like this out of you.

I agree.
Mar 4, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Tl;dr. Although, from what I did read, this just sounds like feminist bullshit. So I'm not all that interested.

Although, I will say this. It's obvious that there are differences between men and women. It's not that people think that there is an inferiority that should annoy people, because it's true. But it's how they go about it. When men (and women) take advantage of that, then it gets to be BS.
Mar 4, 2010 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
Generally, it's true with a few exceptions that women are weaker than men on the limits of physical fitness. Men are more capable of being built and buff. Women can be buff too, it's just we have a lower limit to how physically strong we can be considering we have other "duties/responsibilities" that subtracts the limits to strength and that's continuing the species.

Childbirth looks like a biatch..I mean you get one vagina and after that, I guess you'll feel like that parasite destroyed it. Sometimes I wish we the sexuality of slugs, they look very pretty too when they do their thing :) EVen though it does come out of their mouths...
Mar 4, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
How is this thread still alive? It's like a gigantic pseudo-intellectual cluster fuck...... I call top!!!
Mar 4, 2010 4:48 PM
Oct 2008
Personally I think a hypothesis like "women are physically inferior to men" is a pretty stupid one. It is too vague. Define inferior when men and women are designed for different biological functions. Being able to benchpress a car will not help you push out a baby. Being able to produce breastmilk to keep a child alive is not much use if said child is pinned alive under a fallen tree and you can't free them.

Women and men tend to have different strengths and weaknesses. Men tend to be stronger, women tend to be more flexible for example. Arguing it isn't the case simply because you don't like it is pointless. There are times when strength is more useful and others where flexibility has the advantage. Having one trait or the other does not make you superior at all times but possibly more useful in certain circumstances.
Mar 4, 2010 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Cottonrabbit said:
Being able to produce breastmilk to keep a child alive is not much use if said child is pinned alive under a fallen tree and you can't free them.

This statement just made my day.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Mar 4, 2010 5:24 PM

Feb 2009

Veethorn said:

I'm certain that there are since women don't have any.

What?

...they don't?
Mar 4, 2010 5:41 PM

Dec 2009
I think this thread is an example of Freud's penis envy.
Mar 4, 2010 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
Seriously, what's with all the gender-based threads? I've been seeing like ten of them on this site for the past several days. Does this have to do with women history month or is that just pure coincidence? I'm just curious.

Speaking of curious, since we're on the subject of the "physical-themed" battle of the sexes, I figured I would ask a question that just popped into my mind. For the record, I'm currently exhausted at the moment and I'm pretty sure I can't bring in any opinion worth debating to the thread, but I figured I would go "what the hell" and ask anyway.

Now my question is what is everyone's take on the main character of Disney's Mulan or even the Ballad of Mulan?

Again, I'm only asking the out of curiosity just to see everyone else's take on it.
Mar 4, 2010 5:59 PM

Mar 2010
I liked the lil' red dragon that appears in Mulan.
Mar 4, 2010 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
Woo! One of my favorite songs! Has anyone else noticed that Shang never wears a shirt?

Oh, should I put something contributing? I always forget I'm not in Spam... Uhhh... Again, this all just sounds feminist.

Yeah. That's all I got.
Mar 4, 2010 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
Hypeathon said:
Seriously, what's with all the gender-based threads? I've been seeing like ten of them on this site for the past several days. Does this have to do with women history month or is that just pure coincidence? I'm just curious.

Speaking of curious, since we're on the subject of the "physical-themed" battle of the sexes, I figured I would ask a question that just popped into my mind. For the record, I'm currently exhausted at the moment and I'm pretty sure I can't bring in any opinion worth debating to the thread, but I figured I would go "what the hell" and ask anyway.

Now my question is what is everyone's take on the main character of Disney's Mulan or even the Ballad of Mulan?

Again, I'm only asking the out of curiosity just to see everyone else's take on it.

Mulan is a pretty terrible example, no one knows if she was even real. There is no evidence other then the poem.

You might as well be referencing Amazons.
JigeroMar 4, 2010 10:52 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Mar 5, 2010 2:45 AM

Aug 2008
Cottonrabbit said:
Women and men tend to have different strengths and weaknesses. Men tend to be stronger, women tend to be more flexible for example. Arguing it isn't the case simply because you don't like it is pointless. There are times when strength is more useful and others where flexibility has the advantage. Having one trait or the other does not make you superior at all times but possibly more useful in certain circumstances.

And this is where the term GENDER EQUALITY tends to confuse people...

I have to wonder when that term gets thrown around: do people expect the two genders to be literally equal!? I dunno; I'm not willing to live in a single gender society. If that floats someone's boat, more power to them.

People tend to forget: genders ARE equal... in terms of value anyways. As for gender roles, they're different but still important. If anything, as two genders, we're built (either by creation or evolution) to complement each other.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Mar 5, 2010 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
Kinda ignored this topic a while.

What people don't understand is

1. Many people are still ignoring the fact that we need to define "physically inferior"
2. As I mentioned, women's sports are at a disadvantage, so we cannot exactly tell how they would measure up in a variety of different things that I believe would contribute to "physical fitness".. Also, I think I should note that men doing things like yoga is not as "socially" acceptable or at least common. I believe flexibility is an important part of "physical fitness" so they may be at a disadvantage in this respect.
3. I think that women and men would be better at different sports in different ways, easily. And that there will always be expectations.
4. People who expect examples of everything are idiots. Just because there is no example of something doesn't mean it can't be true or will never happen. They are also ignoring many other factors that complicate this issue.

"physical superiority" is a vague concept and males and females are not the same, and there will always be expectations to specific trends.