Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 21, 2021 9:21 PM

Oct 2020
what a boring ass arc
Mar 9, 2021 6:15 PM

May 2020
WTF!!! I am left speechless. So much happening, and that twist at the end to shake things up. I am so confused, and so intrigued!
Apr 3, 2021 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
I am so incredibly confused.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 31, 2021 12:57 PM

Jul 2021
So, wait, are you telling me that Keichi really goes away alone with Mion after she admitted in front of him and Rena to be a killer? And then proceeds to go down the stairs into a super creepy room/basement with her? I still like this anime, but there must be a limit to how stupid a screenplay can be.
Jul 31, 2021 1:00 PM

Jul 2021
SandraLy said:
I’m actually surprised at how no one is pointing out how stupid these characters are. Their actions make no sense, whatsoever. Watching this episode made me lose brain cells.

YES! Exactly my thoughts.
Sep 17, 2021 2:31 AM
Sep 2021
Black_T-shirt said:
SandraLy said:
I’m actually surprised at how no one is pointing out how stupid these characters are. Their actions make no sense, whatsoever. Watching this episode made me lose brain cells.

YES! Exactly my thoughts.

My theory is that it's Keichi hallucinating. No wonder he made such irrational decisions. Really puts into perspective when the story is told via the pov of the one having the syndrome. Nobody clawed at their necks this arc so that's weird.
Dec 20, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2017
another good episode i think

May 30, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
Damn, can't wait for the next episode as episode 9 will conclude everything. So far I came to the conclusion that first four episode was a different reality and these four episodes till 8 was a different reality.
Aug 24, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2021
I wonder how everyone automatically knew that Kei, Shion and the others had sneaked into the shrine. Was someone watching them? Apparently, Mion also knew. I mean it's clear she knew but I thought it was more like strong suspicions.

The Sonozaki family and its yakuza group seem to be the big bad here (especially Mion). Are they just abducting and gutting people for entering the shrine or smth? Shouldn't the Furude family be angry since they are the priest family?

Wait, hold up, this isn't making much sense to me. So the Sonozaki family always had an heir who carried the blood of the ogres and was a monster deep down? Idk but that's what I'm getting. Also Mion killed Rika and Satoko??? How can Kei and Rena be so calm about all of this?

She basically confessed to all the murders. She has her very own torture chamber, dungeon and jail cells to carry out the murders. She also betrayed Kei. Her parents live with Mion, but she lives with her grandma, right? Where is she? Did she kill her too?

So glad that Rena called for Oishi san. I really thought we were gonna see a full-blown torture scene.

But wtf was with the ending?? Mion came back to meet Keiichi, stabbed him after losing control over her demon and before that she already killed Shion. But when the well was found, her corpse was also found there with her other victims. Now at the hospital, she's back again? Seriously wtf is going on? Am I supposed to not understand this yet? I really hope they tie up all of this by the end of this show.

Oct 25, 2022 5:18 PM
Nov 2021
very, very spoopy
Nov 2, 2022 3:00 PM
Mar 2013
Probably the stupidest part of the whole show, how Kai and Rena act like it's normal and they are still friends, while Mion confesses to serial murders. Then Kei follows said murderer into a dungeon by himself...
Don't you think "Oh, not again" when you hear an anime start with cicadas?
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Jun 2019
Why in the hell would the mc go outside to meet Mion after she confessed to be the killer. Dude deserved to get stabbed. 

Either way this show is still good.
Apr 21, 2023 10:15 PM

Dec 2009
Again, I don't clearly remember everything until I replay this portion and after of the visual novel, but

Poorly rushed adaption. One of the best most shocking moments, sped up to trash. Skipped Keiichi's torture as well if I remember right. What a shame.

In the visual novel, Rena doesn't run out of Ooishi's vehicle. She tells him that they'll make Mion surrender first, and drives them there.
They also casually talk and laugh with Mion before things get serious when Keiichi first apologizes.
waalex11Apr 22, 2023 2:14 PM
Apr 27, 2023 12:15 AM
Jun 2017
For those who have already finished watching the episode.

I recommend any of you play the VN version of the Higurashi series so you can understand more the dynamics and backgrounds of the characters and the location, particularly Hinamizawa. In the Watanagashi chapter, you will have to be patient as it is slightly slow-paced but even better than DEEN's adaptation which was poorly rushed as you have the benefit of getting to know more about the Sonozaki twins, especially the moment when you try to notice which twins are posing as one or the other with Mion pretending to Shion and Shion doing the same too, etc!
Jun 28, 2023 2:38 AM

Dec 2020
omg stop i was getting weird vibes at the end and went to move my feet so theyre under the blanket and as i was doing that "mion" jumped up, scared me lol. thats so odd there are just demons in the corpses...i preferred the first arc tbh but this one was so good too
Aug 19, 2023 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Keichi had no sense of danger during this arc, any sane person would freak out after that ladder incident. 
Aug 29, 2023 2:43 AM
Jun 2023
that shi wild af, i love it
Feb 13, 3:59 PM

Dec 2021
this second arc left me annoyed with how unreasonable they were acting... n it felt kinda dragged???
Apr 13, 9:49 AM
Jul 2020
Remember when Shion jokingly said "I'm the kind and sweet one, and Mion is the cruel and sadistic one," and the audience and the characters hadn't taken it as any more than a lighthearted joke? That was some pretty genius foreshadowing ad irony.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.