Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
Not gonna be looking at this anime critically much tbh. I just hope it's enjoyable!
Jul 9, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
livexevil said:
For ppl who confused with the timeline,
Setti with orange hair is the past/flashback and setti with blond hair is the present.

Omg thank you
The whole episode was so confusing to me
I felt like they were interchanging Settie with the orange hair and the settie with the blond hair too often in the first half
Anyways, thanks for the explanation! ^^
Lies. Lies. Lies.Lies. Lies. Lies.
Jul 9, 2017 10:07 AM

May 2017
-Heika said:
livexevil said:
Setti with orange hair is the past/flashback and setti with blond hair is the present.

Omg thank you
I felt like they were interchanging Settie with the orange hair and the settie with the blond hair too often in the first half
ur well, glad it helps :)
Yeah. They shoved flashbacks in random spots without clearly showing they were flashbacks or when they happened. So it's will be confusing to other ppl who didn't read the manga.
Jul 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
Just saying this but; help yourselves and read both mangas, if you haven't done that. Thanks.
They will explain a lot of things and leave room for the so-so level anime-only content. It seems that they won't get that far in the series with all these things going on. It all started pretty well, having original content to fill and connect some things but by the end of the episode, I just started to lose my hope with the whole anime being faitful to the manga thanks to the last 5 minutes or so of the first episode. Not that it's a bad thing, but I wanted to really see some things that will happen now only in the manga (few chapters haven't been included in the drama CDs either).
Jul 9, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2015
Really liked it, really entertaining! I want to see how it develops..there's a lot of directions it might go in. As I didn't read the manga beforehand, I'll probably read it after this finishes airing.
Jul 9, 2017 11:18 PM

May 2016
livexevil said:
-Heika said:

Omg thank you
Yeah. They shoved flashbacks in random spots without clearly showing they were flashbacks or when they happened. So it's will be confusing to other ppl who didn't read the manga.

in my opinion its badly written, if they want co combine both manga they should make another flashback episodes instead confusing the viewer with overlapping flashbacks.
Jul 10, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
This is quite a different kind of SoL with very low yaoi undertones...
4/5.

Jul 10, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
I was craving for a new BL anime for years, bless this. It seems we'll have a light and fluffy shonen-ai :D
Gotta go reblog some gifs of it on tumblr and spread the love!:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 10, 2017 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
I LITERALLY SCREAMED WHEN I FOUND OUT THERE'S A SHOUNEN-AI ANIME. FUUUU! MY FUJOSHI FEELS. HEEEELP! I'M SO HAPPY!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 10, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
draco6 said:
livexevil said:

in my opinion its badly written, if they want co combine both manga they should make another flashback episodes instead confusing the viewer with overlapping flashbacks.

Yes, in some sense it's badly written as some scenes were pretty hard for even me, who has been reading both mangas and working on My Hero. Hitorijime My Hero is Hitorijime Boyfriend's spinoff sequel.
Jul 10, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2014
I didn't expect this to be so good, so I'm pretty happy!
The BL anime we've had in the last few years have barely been passable really- Love Stage and Super Lovers aren't my cup of tea just because they fell a bit short in terms of the characters.

This doesn't seem to have that problem so far though since they're all adorable and charming.
Nothing groundbreaking for the genre, but it does what it does well enough to keep me intrigued for what's to come.

Also, the ED song was gorgeous *o*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2017 5:46 PM

Nov 2016
That was actually more than decent and better than about 50% of the shows I've seen so far from this season.

And I was always interested in seeing a shounen ai show. Definitely gonna stick with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2017 6:17 PM

Jun 2016
Just finished watching the show, and I'm already in love. I need moooooore!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jul 10, 2017 7:21 PM

May 2017
Haganeproductio said:
draco6 said:

Yes, in some sense it's badly written as some scenes were pretty hard for even me, who has been reading both mangas and working on My Hero. Hitorijime My Hero is Hitorijime Boyfriend's spinoff sequel.
yeah, it's a bit mess...but I think it's still good for ppl who doesn't read the manga. Still confused how they gonna write the storyline, so far the plot and the timeline for ep 1 are really different from the manga....whats make me afraid is hasekura x kensuke pair timeline will affect the kousuke x settie moment :"/
I mean in the manga kousuke and setti romance start when hasekura already close with kensuke, thats mean we need to wait until hasekura x kensuke conflict finished, then the kousuke x settie romance will start right? means kousettie will only got small moment :"( I didn't want to wait too long for kousettie ;^;......I hope that isn't the case..
Jul 11, 2017 12:51 AM

Oct 2011
Omg I ship them so hard ahhhh
😍
Hopefully I get to learn more about kensuke x Hasekure past more. Omg Settie x Kousuke😍😍
Jul 11, 2017 5:10 AM

Jun 2013
it was okay i guess
Jul 11, 2017 7:21 AM

Aug 2016
first episode and i already think this is going to be better than the manga
Jul 11, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
This was such a great first episode! Can't wait for the next!
Jul 11, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2008
I wish it was just My Hero but the anime is mixing it with My Boyfriend (or better saying, "My rapist")
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 12, 2017 2:59 AM

Jun 2008
livexevil said:

Oh wow, thanks so much, I was already confused throughout the episode and thought there were two guys named Setti. :P
Jul 14, 2017 9:37 AM
Nov 2016
The first episode is somewhat refreshing. Many things happen, but it not makes me confused.
Kensuke is soooo cute! I don't know why, but I want to see him more with Hasekura?
Settie is pretty cute too. I like his personality.
Can't wait for the next episode! :D
Jul 21, 2017 4:14 AM
Mar 2012
unannounced timeskip. One of the blonds was... orange apparently.
Teacher fired but... came back?
Rainbow+weird tshirt kid seems most interesting.
For gangstas action is lacking, also they just ran forward to lose those that gang.
ed kinda nice
Jul 25, 2017 5:33 PM

Dec 2010
Hmm I didn't know this was a gay anime.

I must be dumb, I didn't even realize the MC changed hair colors. I was just confused throughout the episode about the timeline.
Jul 27, 2017 2:56 AM

Jun 2007
goddamn that was SO messy......
Kousuke wouldn't be bad if not Maeno's voice.. i just don't like his voice so much.
will stick with this mess a bit longer just cuz it's shounen ai...
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 6, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
Hasekura & Kousuke are my favorite characters so far.
Aug 11, 2017 3:04 PM

Jan 2017
I, like a tired dumbass, got confused by two characters because they're both blond and soft-spoken and so I had to pause the video for fifteen minutes and figure them out.
Sep 2, 2017 1:20 PM
May 2013
I loved the first as soon I started watching through it. It seems cute. I really like the ost to
Sep 2, 2017 1:21 PM
May 2013
SwanQueen said:

He always seems to defends him to :)
Sep 16, 2017 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
AquarionLife said:
SwanQueen said:

He always seems to defends him to :)

Yeah .. but in these episodes he just trying to make him understand the are not just friends
Dec 5, 2018 4:51 PM
Dec 2018
Where can I watch this for free.
May 5, 2019 5:22 AM

Jun 2013
These boys are really cute, especially Settie and Kensuke. <3
Hasekuraaaaaaaaaaa. :">
Aug 25, 2019 2:38 AM

Sep 2014
Nice start, it seems promising. Art style especially Setagawa's eyes looks very neat.
Nov 28, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2017
I don't blame Settie....Kousuke is really HOT.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 17, 2020 8:04 AM

May 2012
Love the OP, love the seiyuus. I see they're going the Sekaiichi/Junjou route by including other pairs but not really feeling the Kensuke and Hasekura pairing. I hope they don't appear too much.

Yaoi is trash, and so am I. Let's gooooooo!
Jan 22, 2021 3:52 PM
Aug 2020
will I finish it in one day cuz it's so freaking funny and enjoyable? YES

Kousuke is so HOT like damn!! also we share the exact same beauty mark hehehe
May 8, 2021 10:10 AM

Jun 2020
Omg Matsuoka Yoshitsugu voicing Kensuke was cracking me up. L O L @ him constantly running away from Hasekura.

I like that it didn’t have a heavy focus on one pairing. Seems like Kensuke & Hasekura’s relationship would share the spotlight too.

Felt so bad for Masahiro. Felt sad watching him & Kensuke talk about the kitten. He was referring to himself :(

Kousuke is ♡______♡ DAT MOLE, a beauty mark indeed.

Great first episode. Had me feeling emotional, laughing, I like the direction. ED is pretty lovely too.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 4, 2021 3:50 PM

Jan 2021
Settie Is so cute!!><
Jul 30, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2021
I really really love it
Feb 23, 2022 8:02 PM
Feb 2022
The first episode feels a bit rapey
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM
Jun 2023
I was told by my friend that this anime have a good story, but after watching the first episode i wanted to drop it so bad. the sequence was not in order in a clear way, you thought you were introduced to a new character but they was establish already. you don't know which was in the past, timeskip, or continuation of a scene. truly weak for the first episode. my watch retention cannot handle this boring episode.

I will however force myself to watch 2 more episodes to make my final verdict. nevertheless, cool character design tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KannoSugako - Sep 23, 2017

59 by Abbychi »»
Jan 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

8 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

» Is this supposed to be season 1 or no?

RealCheeze - Feb 12, 2023

3 by RealCheeze »»
Feb 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.