Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2017 2:38 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The first few pages gave me the shivers as young Kouren embraced a beheaded head and as she approached Neguro, she touched him around his neck and tells him he still had his head with such surprise in her eyes. In reply he just says he managed to live. The embrace that followed was heartbreaking. We now know what Kouren had gone through in the past.

Coming back to the assassination plot, I don't think Neguro can survive after taking that many arrows as he shielded Kouren with his entire body. No mortal can survive after taking that many arrows. Hak too, took a couple of arrows to protect Yona.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2017 4:58 AM
Jul 2017
Where exactly did you read the chapter??I cannot find it anywhere..
Jul 6, 2017 10:35 AM

Feb 2016
NikiMichaelis said:
Where exactly did you read the chapter??I cannot find it anywhere..

only the raws are out. The translated chapter will come out in a few days
Jul 6, 2017 12:31 PM
Jul 2017
Can you please tell me where did you find the raws??I've been looking for them everywhere but I cannot seem to find them..😥😥
Jul 7, 2017 1:24 PM
Sep 2015
It's already 8th july in japan. And the new chapter still not be post? They said the new chapter will post in 5th july
Jul 8, 2017 5:26 PM
Sep 2016
I read on manga reader ...you'll find it !! I wait for another chapter ..every night I was reading a few chapters ...now my life is empty 🙁
Jul 8, 2017 5:59 PM
Sep 2016
Sorry the last was 142 🤣🤣
Jul 8, 2017 7:36 PM
Jul 2017
Does anyone know where the raws are cause I'm dying right now
Jul 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Apr 2016
T_________T omg, NO!! MY DRAGONS AND YOON <33 Kija used his dragon power to protect Yoon from the anti-war faction, but then got lightheaded afterwards! Jae-ha is noticeably still very weak... >< And Shin-ah used his EYES. ;_______; omg, please don't have Shin-ah fall unconscious from the paralysis he gave to the anti-war faction. I'm curious about what Zeno is going to do or say next!

Kouren was undoubtedly traumatized, since she even walked around town holding a soldier's head. It was sad to see that Kouren was so relieved, and cried to see that Neguro was still alive with his neck in place. Kouren’s embrace definitely touched Neguro’s heart, which definitely had him choose to stay by her side. :'(

It may seem impossible, but I do hope Neguro somehow survives after being shot by so many arrows! I don't want Kouren and Neguro to "meet again in the next world" just yet! >< Hak will likely survive, from the handful of arrows that shot him so far, since he does need to get his relationship with Yona sorted out. Let's see if how Kouren will survive from the anti-war faction's attacks! If Tao ascends to the throne from Kouren dying like this...it would be a tragedy to the younger princess and their father. I don't think Tao would ever want to ascend to the throne this way. :/

I wish Mizari didn't say yes when the anti-war faction asked for his identity. But it's great to see that Mizari's still alive, and is running to protect Kouren! I'm not a fan of Kouren, but I don't want her to die like this. >< I'd rather see Kouren experience character development, and see how she would resolve or make agreements with Su-won.

Anyways, I've waited a long time for the dragons (they’re one major reason, why I even read this story), so I'm looking forward to seeing them next chapter! <33 Please stay safe boys. I forbid any of you from dying this arc ;_______;

By the way...now that Yona gave her bows to Kouren so the Xing princess would shoot her enemies, what will Yona use to defend herself? ._______. Hak being Yona's shield probably won't last for long... Maybe the dragons would arrive in time to rescue Yona? But my poor boys are still weak; they’re still not in the best position to fight... >.< – (It would be surprising and maybe cliché, if Su-won and his soldiers arrive to protect Kouren, which would wash away the older princess’s grudge, and she would quit placing her hate on Su-won, who never did anything to her personally. <.< If this does happen, it would definitely display that Su-won is not a heartless monster, like Kouren likes to paint him as, simply because of Yu-hon’s actions 17 years ago.)

But anyway, this chapter definitely gave me more feels than I expected. (I do realize I need more patience to continue this arc. -_-)
Jul 10, 2017 8:27 AM
May 2017
I really liked this chapter, when Hak jumped in before Yona to protect her <3 <3 <3. But I dont think that he is going to die and we finally saw the 4 dragons <33
And the part when we saw Ao was tooo cutttee!!!! I <3 Ao
Jul 10, 2017 10:53 AM
Jul 2017
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akatsuki-no-Yona/Chapter-143?id=373650#2

This is where I read the English version of ch143.
Jul 10, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2016
Next chapter 20th July apparently, that's fast!!

Moving on to the chapter it was great as usual. Both Hak and Neguro takin arrows head on for their respective princesses. The Neguro and Princess Kouren flashback had more impact than I thought it would have, beautiful panels.

And finally we got to see the Blue Dragon use his eyes again!!!!
Jul 10, 2017 9:15 PM

Sep 2013
Impressive chapter (felt too short tbh) shows the loyalty of neguro towards kouren (its a bit sad that he will die protecting her :/)
Also HAK IS HURT T^T and the dragons are finally out can't wait for next chapter

Jul 10, 2017 10:48 PM

Feb 2011
@Cloe900311
As always I really enjoy reading your post and making theories in what you think is going to happen.
The dragons are strong in both body and soul: I'm sure they will come out of this alive and heading back to Yona who's wants their safety more than anything.

After seeing Kouren back flash story I do feel sorry for her seeing behead people that caused her to have such huge trauma- she still haven't overcome that trauma yet and thinking Su-won is the same as his father: she should keep in mind that both Su-won and his father are two different people and so why she also holding a grudge against Su-won without him doing anything bad to deserve this hatred she has for him: plus we still haven't heard the other side of the story in why Yu-hon did that. I totally agree, even Kouren still have to mature herself more ( therefore we still need to see more character development from her part, this false hatred towards Su-won can't go on forever: we already want to see the part where she resolves all her troubles by healing her deep wounds that made her time stand still and where she realize her hatred towards Su-won carries no meaning after seeing Su-won's true actions so she can move on.
Oh yes, what you said about Su-won arriving just in time to rescue Kouren from those attackers who wants her dead will carry a huge impact of the scene ( I won't called that cliche- I'll called that amusing seeing our king in great action, lol)- Yona already spoke to her that she already negotiated Su-won from starting the war: all Kouren knows now Su-won managed to convinced his mind by hearing Yona's words ( now she knows there's a connection between Yona and Su-won): I hope she doesn't use Yona to lure Su-won to a trap... well, let's hope Kouren will see Su-won in person so she's see what kind of person Su-won really is and stop that foolish hate by false description of his character once and for all by a person who never done anything bad to her or her kingdom.

This arc carries a lot of patience than expected ( especially for us Su-won fans).
sweetangieJul 10, 2017 11:04 PM
Jul 11, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2008
sweetangie said:
@Cloe900311
I totally agree, even Kouren still have to mature herself more ( therefore we still need to see more character development from her part, this false hatred towards Su-won can't go on forever: we already want to see the part where she resolves all her troubles by healing her deep wounds that made her time stand still and where she realize her hatred towards Su-won carries no meaning after seeing Su-won's true actions so she can move on.

Or she gets killed. It would be a fitting pathetic end for someone who stayed pathetically bitter and sour most of their life without moving on.

Besides, Kouren’s story is/would be such a nice what could have been warning story for Yona. In a way, it shows what Yona’s story could be if she didn’t choose to move on from her grudge and nursed hatred for Soo-won.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jul 11, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2016
@sweetangie Awe, thank you for enjoying my comments and theories. :) I’m glad to see you commenting on the forums.

Yes, I hope and don’t think Kusanagi will kill any of the dragons yet. These four men may have more to contribute to Yona’s character development, and the story overall. It was dangerous of our main gang to walk into Xing, without knowing anything –or very little– about the nation, so I hope this is a lesson for them: to either mind their own business, or know what they’re getting themselves into.

If Kouren was as logical as us, then her grudge would not have motivated her to prepare for a war that Xing would certainly lose in. T.T It’s not rocket science to see that Yu-hon and Su-won are different people, + Su-won did nothing to Kouren personally, so her hatred for Su-won has no logic to it. Su-won never chose to be Yu-hon’s son, and Su-won couldn’t have convinced Yu-hon to not be a cruel fighter (17 years ago, Su-won was only 1 years old!). :/ If Kouren wants to hate someone so badly, I think it’d make more sense (even though she already doesn’t make sense), to put the hate on Il; Il was Yu-hon’s brother and didn’t have control of the elder brother on the battlefield. If Il was a ruler who embedded humane attitudes or positive behaviours to his soldiers (no beheading criminals, for e.g.), then Yu-hon may not have decapitated prisoners. –But again, we still don’t know Yu-hon’s side of the story. – I think it makes more sense to hate an incompetent king, than a logical ruler. But why doesn’t Kouren hate Il? Probably because Il apologized on Yu-hon’s behalf, tried to make peace with Xing, and gave up land like usual. I just don’t see why Kouren is hating Su-won, when Il already responded to what happened 17 years ago.

If Su-won does arrive to protect Kouren, then she should feel grateful for his protection, and should be likelier to agree, to have Xing become Kouka’s vassal nation, than continue to insist on fighting a war that would lead the people of Xing to be in a greater disadvantage. Kouren might think Yona has a huge impact on Su-won now, but I’m not too sure about that... And I hope Kouren won’t use Yona to blackmail Su-won. .________. Su-won has been avoiding Yona whenever he can. He hasn’t killed Yona, and has even protected her in Awa and chose to not confirm her identity, so he would be placed in a tough position. If this situation ever happens, Su-won should make decisions that benefit Kouka, not for personal reasons. That’s what it means to be a ruler of a nation; you think of your people and sometimes make sacrifices, which Su-won has already displayed.
well, let's hope Kouren will see Su-won in person so she's see what kind of person Su-won really is and stop that foolish hate by false description of his character once and for all by a person who never done anything bad to her or her kingdom.
LOL, YES! I definitely want to see this scene happen! I’m getting tired of Kouren’s petty hatred. xD If Kouren knew that Su-won became king because of how incompetent Il was, she would definitely view him in a different light. Su-won actually studied, trained, and planned to become king (he placed lots of effort), unlike Kouren who is inheriting the throne because she happened to be born earlier than Tao, and has the authority to throw her people’s lives away, just so her trauma won’t reoccur –which is unlikely, since she wants to fight Su-won, not the deceased Yu-hon.

Patience is a virtue after all… I have a friend who isn’t up-to-date with this story, and when I vaguely described what is happening, she said she would have dropped it already, lol.

@Lain666 Wow, you used the word “pathetic” twice! :O I can really see how dissatisfied you are with Kouren’s behaviour. I like that you mentioned Kouren’s story could be a parallel to Yona, if our red-haired princess chose to stay bitter after Il died… But, I would still prefer to see Kouren undergo character development, than die just yet. ^^ Kouren does care for her people, and I hope that love could have her wake up and realize how wrong she’s been. Now, I’m grateful Yona has never planned to fight for the throne. -_-
Jul 11, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
Cloe900311 said:

@Lain666 Wow, you used the word “pathetic” twice! :O I can really see how dissatisfied you are with Kouren’s behaviour. I like that you mentioned Kouren’s story could be a parallel to Yona, if our red-haired princess chose to stay bitter after Il died… But, I would still prefer to see Kouren undergo character development, than die just yet. ^^ Kouren does care for her people, and I hope that love could have her wake up and realize how wrong she’s been. Now, I’m grateful Yona has never planned to fight for the throne. -_-

Actually, it is not that I am dissatisfied with Kouren’s behaviour. I really think that such pathetic end would fit Kouren and be good storywise.

Frankly, I don’t see Kouren suddenly seeing the light and dropping her hatred for Soo-won like that. It is not something that can happen overnight for someone who bore an unreasonable hatred for someone who did her nothing for such a long time. The question is if she would listen to reason even if Soo-won saved her. She is not listening to reason now and I doubt that she will start. It often doesn’t work like this. Besides, what would Soo-won be doing there in the first place? It would be not wise for him to just appear in Xing to investigate like he did in previous arcs. Soo-won coming and saving Kouren after which she drops her long-lasting hatred sounds too fairy-taleish. The same goes for Kouren suddenly seeing reason after talking with Yona.

Kouren would need time to get over her hatred and I don’t think this arc is going to be long enough to make it look plausible.
Lain666Jul 11, 2017 11:20 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Jul 12, 2017 6:54 PM
May 2017
Wow this chapter really just started with the deep emotions right off the bat. I do not think that Kouren's hatred is justified however I think that it is understandable. If she has so much hatred for Yu-hon, and he died, will it really be enough for her? I mean honestly, I can see why she would hate Su-won, and if someone has held on to such dark and fiery feelings for so long, I don't see it just disappearing.

I really hope that we can see more struggling for this fight instead of a clean and overpowering victory by the four dragons and Hak.

I also don't see Su-won making an appearance because like @lain666 said, I don't think that would be logical and tactical at all. But if by some strange occurence he does, then I would hope that Kouren puts their differences aside and fight alongside him. I hope it doesn't end with them being friends because that is cliche and not likely at all with someone with such deep-rooted resentment as hers, but instead have a civil agreement between countries.

I really can't wait to see what happens next because this arc really is testing my patience, but in a good way of course. Kusanagi really makes me sit at the edge of my seat!
Jul 24, 2017 12:30 AM

May 2013
long time no see shin-ah's eyes <33
made by bunnyama

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.