Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2017 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
On Sunday, Kadokawa announced a World Line Project for Steins Gate (2018-2019), possibly hinting that an anime adaptation of Steins;Gate 0 is nearby. More details will be given on July 28.
Source Article: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-03/steins-gate-gets-world-line-project-launching-in-2018-2019/.118397
Jul 4, 2017 8:09 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah, I expect them to finally announce the anime for October!!! HYPE!!! :D
The date also seems fitting, 28th of July is the date when Okabe tries to save Kurisu.. and in this case: fails.

About the "World Line Project", we don't know for sure if it's gonna be just some random event, but my loose speculation is we might get OVAs/movies for the other VN endings as they pose a higher significance to the story compared to the original.
Jul 4, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
It seems like I am I'm the right time line now.

EL PSY CONGROO
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 19, 2017 11:45 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'll be pretty sad if they don't talk about the anime adaptation. I wan't to at least see a trailer for it or something even if it doesn't air this year seeing how late it is.
Jul 28, 2017 3:08 AM

Feb 2016
TODAY, after the satellite crash 7 years ago, a new project starts to move.
Directly from Chiyomaru's twitter.

First official key visual PV

Animation planning in progress.
Another rebroadcast of the original series starts in October. Very high chance Steins;Gate 0 is coming after that. Possibly early 2018 or even fall this year?(unlikely)

Announcement video, also confirming novelization of S;G 0 and the prequel manga that was previously announced for August (chapter 0 is already out, the manga is more like a side-story though).
/Note: The video includes one key scene from episodes 23 and 23b that's not necessarily a spoiler but might not have been noticed by some people. Now I'm not sure if that could change your expectations, so watch at your own risk if you plan to go completely blind. It's nothing explicit or major though.

Translation (provided by /r/predawnia):
This is the story of a worldline that has never been told before.

November 2010, Beta World Line. After overcoming many hardships and sorrows, Okabe Rintaro gave up on rescuing "her"

Okabe sinks into despair, and his friends begin to worry for him. What happened to the "she" that could not be saved? And what is the fate that awaits the world without "her"?

The Gate of Zero opens to an uncertain future. "Let me tell you one more time. My name is--" Steins;Gate 0 anime planning is in progress!

More information soon. I will edit this comment.
AquamirrorJul 28, 2017 4:09 AM
Jul 28, 2017 3:16 AM
Dec 2015
Aquamirror said:
The date also seems fitting, 28th of July is the date when Okabe tries to save Kurisu.. and in this case: fails.

About the "World Line Project", we don't know for sure if it's gonna be just some random event, but my loose speculation is we might get OVAs/movies for the other VN endings as they pose a higher significance to the story compared to the original.

Oct 2017?
It's the Rerun of Steins;Gate

S;G 0 may will aired in 2018
Jul 28, 2017 4:31 AM

Mar 2013
asoneo said:
Aquamirror said:

Oct 2017?

Oct 2017 ?

Recap or what ?
Jul 28, 2017 4:37 AM

Feb 2016
Dark_Soul_ said:
asoneo said:

Oct 2017?

Oct 2017 ?

Recap or what ?

They will do another rebroadcast of the original in Japan, probably will lead to S;G 0 with ep 23b.
Jul 28, 2017 6:11 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Yep, it was pretty obvious this would air in 2018. Don't know why people thought it'd air in the fall but nonetheless I'd still like to get more info on it. PV looks nice though.
Jul 28, 2017 6:32 AM

Sep 2015
I'm really hyped, but gotta keep my expectations realistic so I won't get let down....

Love the new promo poster! The art looks really nice. The music was good too.

I'm assuming we'll get 0 spring 2018 since Steins;Gate is being revroadcatssd this fall. Maybe winter 2017 but I highly doubt it.

Jul 28, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2015
WOW JUST WOW

I have no other words...

@PeacefulWard , did you just change your profile pic? I missed and liked the previous one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2017 6:52 AM

Sep 2015
AX3M said:
WOW JUST WOW

I have no other words...

@PeacefulWard , did you just change your profile pic? I missed and liked the previous one.

Yeah, changed it. Are you a Rewrite fan?

Jul 28, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2013
So it's looking like Spring 2018? Pretty long wait, but I'm sure it'll be worth it
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 28, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2016
Since the project is "2017-2018"
another sign we will have a 2 cour anime that airs crosses the year?
Jul 28, 2017 9:02 AM

Feb 2016
7th-Archangel said:
Since the project is "2017-2018"
another sign we will have a 2 cour anime that airs crosses the year?

It's 2018-2019. I think it implies we will get some kind of ovas/moves.
I guess we will get more info after Steins;Gate 0 airs, I very much doubt it will come so late in fall 2018. >.<
Jul 28, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
Aquamirror said:

It's 2018-2019. I think it implies we will get some kind of ovas/moves.
I guess we will get more info after Steins;Gate 0 airs, I very much doubt it will come so late in fall 2018. >.<

very much implies that we will have enough material to cross the year (hope so)
Jul 28, 2017 9:34 AM
Nov 2016
Finally, god this was too long a time coming. I hope it all ties together properly so you could watch the whole thing straight through like S;G 1-22, 23(b)+0, S;G 23(a)-25, OVA, Movie. I haven't played the game, does Okabe record his message to himself at the end?
Jul 28, 2017 9:38 AM

Feb 2016
Adrinix said:
Finally, god this was too long a time coming. I hope it all ties together properly so you could watch the whole thing straight through like S;G 1-22, 23(b)+0, S;G 23(a)-25, OVA, Movie. I haven't played the game, does Okabe record his message to himself at the end?

Yeah, that's the point. S;G 0 exist to explain what led to that and how it happened.

Now it's a good time for everyone to watch 23b if you haven't done it btw. Full chronological rewatch is also a fun idea. :D
Jul 28, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
Usually when a Rerun happens, it's to promote the new anime season(Seven Deadly Sins) or anime movie(Sword art online movie) that comes out the season after, so maybe a Spring 2018 start date(first Steins;Gate series also started in Spring)
Sup...
Jul 28, 2017 9:11 PM

Nov 2015
Aquamirror said:
Now it's a good time for everyone to watch 23b if you haven't done it btw. Full chronological rewatch is also a fun idea. :D
Yes, chronological is a nice alternative way of watching it, especially for first timers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 3:58 PM
Oct 2015
Calling it now. They're only playing up to episode 22, then they'll play 23b to transition into S;G0, then after 0 is done, they'll finish with the original episode 23 and onward.
Aug 4, 2017 12:50 PM
Mar 2017
TheD0ct0r said:
Calling it now. They're only playing up to episode 22, then they'll play 23b to transition into S;G0, then after 0 is done, they'll finish with the original episode 23 and onward.

Aug 4, 2017 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
the__law said:
TheD0ct0r said:

No, ep 23 beta is the beginning of S;G 0. Everything until then is technically the same.
Aug 5, 2017 1:16 AM
Oct 2016
Aquamirror said:
the__law said:

No, ep 23 beta is the beginning of S;G 0. Everything until then is technically the same.

No, it really does start in episode 1, and episode 23 beta at the same time. The first episode is both the first and the final episode at the same time, remember?
Kurisu dies in the first episode, and she gets killed by Okabe in the past in episode 23 beta. Hence, it starts off in the first episode.
Aug 5, 2017 2:19 AM

Feb 2016
01ALHO16 said:
Aquamirror said:

No, it really does start in episode 1, and episode 23 beta at the same time. The first episode is both the first and the final episode at the same time, remember?
Kurisu dies in the first episode, and she gets killed by Okabe in the past in episode 23 beta. Hence, it starts off in the first episode.

She also died in the original episode 1, nothing changes there. He is bound to fail once, we are following present Okabe's pov and ep 23 is exactly where the story diverts.
Aug 5, 2017 2:21 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
01ALHO16 said:

She also died in the original episode 1, nothing changes there. He is bound to fail once, we are following present Okabe's pov and ep 23 is exactly where the story diverts.

As a visual novel reader I'll tell you that it starts off ep 23. Episode 1 was a different time line than the beta diverge line. The change was minimal but still different

El psy kongroo
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 5, 2017 3:09 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

As a visual novel reader I'll tell you that it starts off ep 23. Episode 1 was a different time line than the beta diverge line. The change was minimal but still different

El psy kongroo

Yeah, I know, I also read it. It is still technically the same as everything happened in a very similar fashion and the only critical difference is in episode 23. Of course, Okabe experiences these 22 episodes again in the original S;G and in S;G 0 but nothing different happens during that time.
Aug 5, 2017 5:26 AM
Oct 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

El psy kongroo

I read the Visual novels too.
Yes, but if we look aside from the fact that he got the video d mail it technically started in both episode 1 and 23 beta.
Aug 5, 2017 5:37 AM

Jun 2015
01ALHO16 said:
Takamura-sama said:

El psy kongroo

Yes, but if we look aside from the fact that he got the video d mail it technically started in both episode 1 and 23 beta.

No no no episode 1 is a different time line. It's almost impossible to get back to your original time line.
And episode 1 was The original time line. There is a slight change.
Aug 5, 2017 6:01 AM
Oct 2016
Takamura-sama said:
01ALHO16 said:

No no no episode 1 is a different time line. It's almost impossible to get back to your original time line.

As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that video d-mail he gets. Not quite sure what you're talking about
Aug 5, 2017 6:16 AM

Jun 2015
01ALHO16 said:
Takamura-sama said:

As far as I'm aware, the only difference is that video d-mail he gets. Not quite sure what you're talking about

There is a slight diversion in all timelines it's explained in the anime.

<1% =is Beta world line.
>1% =is Alpha world line.
>2% =Steins gate world line

And there are diversion between them like 1.0038348324% and 1.0038458324%

The difference between those world lines are small, but there ARE differences.

Episode 1 and 23 are both in different world lines.

Aug 5, 2017 6:32 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
01ALHO16 said:

<1% =is Beta world line.

._."

0%-1% is alpha
1%-2% is beta
Steins Gate worldline is 1.048596 as part of the beta attractor field

Of course there are small differences, else everything would be exactly the same. The result is still the same though, it's irrelevant. Episode 1 shows Kurisu is dead either way.
The true moment when both stories noticably diverge is exactly second half of episode 23 when Okabe comes back after he already failed once (aka killed Kurisu), until that point the previous 22 episodes are pretty much the same.
AquamirrorAug 5, 2017 6:36 AM
Aug 5, 2017 6:35 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

<1% =is Beta world line.

._."

0%-1% is alpha
1%-2% is beta

Of course there are small differences, else everything would be exactly the same. The result is still the same though, it's irrelevant. Episode 1 shows Kurisu is dead either way.
The true moment when both stories noticably diverge is exactly second half of episode 23 when Okabe comes back after he already failed once (aka killed Kurisu).

Yeah didn't pay attention I meant 0-1 Alpha and 1-2 beta in that timeline S;G slight
Aug 5, 2017 6:37 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

._."

0%-1% is alpha
1%-2% is beta

The true moment when both stories noticably diverge is exactly second half of episode 23 when Okabe comes back after he already failed once (aka killed Kurisu).

Yeah but in that timeline S;G slight
And No the Beta line is where Kurisu was killed. Alpha line is where Mayuri dies.

Steins Gate worldline is a special case unaffected by both attractor fields, but it still sits in beta. (and R;N shows the future is still in danger similarly)
The deaths of Mayuri and Kurisu are a result of other factors that happen in the future, but they aren't valid in SG.
Aug 5, 2017 6:38 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

Yeah but in that timeline S;G slight
And No the Beta line is where Kurisu was killed. Alpha line is where Mayuri dies.

Steins Gate worldline is a special case unaffected by both attractor fields, but it still sits in beta. (and R;N shows the future is still in danger similarly)

Lol I thought S;G was over 2%...
Aug 5, 2017 6:41 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

No... over 2% is gamma attractor field that's explored in spin-off material.
In it

And Moeka is still a Rounder in SG worldline too...
AquamirrorAug 5, 2017 6:45 AM
Aug 5, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

In it

Yeah but she isn't in the S;G 0 world line
Aug 5, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

In it

Aug 5, 2017 6:56 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

no no no
Aug 5, 2017 6:58 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

no no no

Who said that? You remember that moment when
AquamirrorAug 5, 2017 7:01 AM
Aug 5, 2017 7:04 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

no no no

That was when S;G 0
Aug 5, 2017 7:06 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Aquamirror said:

That was when S;G 0

Aug 5, 2017 7:11 AM

Jun 2015
Aquamirror said:
Takamura-sama said:

That was when S;G 0

Aug 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
Takamura-sama said:

Aug 10, 2017 7:01 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.