Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2017 11:10 PM
Jan 2010
Let's face it. The only reason why Megumi is best girl is because she was set up this way by the author, and none of the other girls were written with the same consideration as Megumi. For this reason, all the other girls could do is be swept away whenever Megumi shows up.

That dance scene with Megumi is one such tactic by Maruto. (The anime emphasized this by removing a similar scene with Utaha and Tomoya.) On the other hand, the "betrayal" is an attempt at discrediting Utaha and Eriri by depicting them into selfish bitches who would jump at the nearest opportunity and leave behind the circle in the process. It makes sure any of those people still rooting for Utaha and Eriri will consider supporting Megumi instead.

If Megumi is indeed the best girl, then why did Maruto go into such lengths to fuck over Utaha and Eriri? I thought she can carry the story with her own charms.

Such a cunning scheme by the writer of White Album 2, and yet the people were willing to be deceived by it. Disgraceful.
Jun 12, 2017 11:21 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know what you mean by "fuck over Utaha and Eriri", but up until the past few episodes, we barely saw Megumi at all and the story was mostly about Utaha and Eriri? I can see where you get the assumption that Megumi is supposed to be best girl because the main heroine of their game is based on her, but the other two are just as worthy and get just as much screen time.

You might be speaking from experience with the Light Novel or something, but you posted this in the anime discussion. Utaha and Eriri haven't betrayed/fucked over anyone yet, at least in the anime and they are definitely not depicted as bitches.
Jun 12, 2017 11:28 PM
Jan 2010
You might be speaking from experience with the Light Novel or something, but you posted this in the anime discussion. Utaha and Eriri haven't betrayed/fucked over anyone yet, at least in the anime and they are definitely not depicted as bitches.

Utaha and Eriri joining rouge en rouge was considered as a massive betrayal by the viewers. Meanwhile, Megumi was being sentimental towards Tomoya and even started cooking for him.

I'm pretty sure that Megumi didn't do anything wrong.
Jun 12, 2017 11:33 PM

Nov 2013
Orix said:

Utaha and Eriri joining rouge en rouge was considered as a massive betrayal by the viewers. Meanwhile, Megumi was being sentimental towards Tomoya and even started cooking for him.

I'm pretty sure that Megumi didn't do anything wrong.

We don't even know if they joined yet, it just said Eriri is doing the artwork. All they did was meet with her. They are just waiting for Tomoya to get his head out of his ass which seems to have happened. I don't think they just bail on him like that.
Jun 12, 2017 11:38 PM
Jan 2010
I hope they do join rouge en rouge, though. I don't give a shit towards this so-called "betrayal"; they deserve a better stepping stone than this circle created out of sexual frustrations. As long as they stick this close to Tomoya, they'll be fucked over by the narrative just to make Megumi this goddess.

CLARIFY: I'm talking in a meta way, if that's not clear. We all know that the narrative hasn't been kind to Utaha and Eriri. They had to be born out of cliches and compete against a better favored character in Megumi. It was an unfair match from the start.
OrixJun 12, 2017 11:48 PM
Jun 13, 2017 12:00 AM

Nov 2013
Orix said:
I hope they do join rouge en rouge, though. I don't give a shit towards this so-called "betrayal"; they deserve a better stepping stone than this circle created out of sexual frustrations. As long as they stick this close to Tomoya, they'll be fucked over by the narrative just to make Megumi this goddess.

CLARIFY: I'm talking in a meta way, if that's not clear. We all know that the narrative hasn't been kind to Utaha and Eriri. They had to be born out of cliches and compete against a better favored character in Megumi. It was an unfair match from the start.

If they do join rouge en rouge then yeah I will consider that a huge betrayal to Tomoya, which would also render this whole love triangle pointless to begin with. I honestly don't know whats going to happen so I can't say. The narrative is in favor of Megumi for now, but Tomoya has spent the night with every girl so far and has developed a different relationship with each one. Megumi has been the poster girl for his game since the beginning and she is the "boring girlfriend" from the title, but the relationships between Tomoya and all three has been pretty equal from the beginning.
Jun 13, 2017 2:36 AM
Jan 2010
Nah, I think the moments with Utaha and Eriri served different purposes. Utaha's moment is recognizing Tomoya as a fellow creator. Eriri's moment is less about romance and more about moving on from their rocky childhood problems.

Take note: Both had moments that are stripped of any chance of winning. Whatever we got from Utaha and Eriri are just moments of temporary solace and a gesture of conceding from the "competition".
Jun 13, 2017 3:37 AM
Jun 2017
Well, you say that Utaha and Tomoya have a dance, but in the LN, it is only mentioned by a picture.
Then, I will tell you why Megumi is best girl.
Though she is not a creator, but she donate all herself to the game. She is responsible for programme of the game. She did not say anything about her work because she take the contribution she made as a duty but not something to attract Tomoya. Her contribution was not found until Tomoya played the game after Winter CM. Do you konw her contribution was described as a perfect one and a necessary part of the game by the author in the LN? And that is why Tomoya invited her to be the associate director. What impressed me most is that she tried 110% of her effort not for Tomoya, but for their circle. And she is the only one who donated all herself to the team(It is mentioned in LN).
She has showed her charm in eposide 8, without other girls.
Megumi best girl, I can't understand your enmity to her.

I'm not a native English speaker, sorry for my poor English.
DHTButooJun 13, 2017 3:54 AM
Jun 13, 2017 3:56 AM
Jan 2010
" She is responsible for programme of the game."
Megumi is responsible for the game code, BUT Tomoya also handled that. Utaha also provided the story with Tomoya and Eriri added the art.

"Do you konw her contribution was described as a perfect one by the author." That shows the author bias, which is unnecessary and counterproductive for portraying Megumi's traits. All the support that Megumi did can be done by anyone else.

"What impressed me most is that she tried 110% of her effort not for Tomoya, but for their circle. And she is the only one who donated all herself to the team(It is mentioned in volume 12)." Do you think that Utaha or Eriri didn't? Even though they have their respective ulterior motives for joining Blessing Software, you cannot dismiss their contributions to the game. Take note that everyone also did their 110% effort for Tomoya. Utaha continued writing despite the fact that she need to focus on graduation. Eriri pushed herself to the limit to submit the art that's needed by the game. Even Michiru, who isn't really interested in making visual novels, contributed the game's soundtrack.

"Megumi best girl, I can't understand your enmity to her." My main issue is that Megumi was created by the author as a best girl, when being best girl is EARNED, not GIVEN BY THE AUTHOR IN A SILVER PLATTER. No author can just portray that a single girl is the best as if it is a doctrine, and using other characters and destroying them just to confirm the best girl's status is just a cheap and insecure move.
OrixJun 13, 2017 4:00 AM
Jun 13, 2017 4:26 AM
Jun 2017
"Megumi is responsible for the game code, BUT Tomoya also handled that. Utaha also provided the story with Tomoya and Eriri added the art."
Tomoya did handled that, but the quality of the code he provide is so poor. Do you know the difficulty of improving a beta programme into a complete one? I think you don't konw.

"That shows the author bias, which is unnecessary and counterproductive for portraying Megumi's traits. All the support that Megumi did can be done by anyone else."
Utaha and Eriri's work is also described as perfect. Why you take these as usual but take Megumi's work as unnecessary and counterproductive?It is just because of your prejudice. Though Megumi's work can be done by anyone else, it is because she do not have the talent, but you can't refute her effort.

"Do you think that Utaha or Eriri didn't? Even though they have their respective ulterior motives for joining Blessing Software, you cannot dismiss their contributions to the game. Take note that everyone also did their 110% effort for Tomoya. Utaha continued writing despite the fact that she need to focus on graduation. Eriri pushed herself to the limit to submit the art that's needed by the game. Even Michiru, who isn't really interested in making visual novels, contributed the game's soundtrack."
Well, what you say is true, but from the girl side 1(a volume of the series), I can say, Utaha make effort not only for their team, she want to cooperate with Eriri and make a good game. Eirri make effort mainly for Tomoya but not the team.

"My main issue is that Megumi was created by the author as a best girl, when being best girl is EARNED, not GIVEN BY THE AUTHOR IN A SILVER PLATTER. No author can just portray that a single girl is the best as if it is a doctrine, and using other characters and destroying them just to confirm the best girl's status is just a cheap and insecure move."
It is just your opinion, as I say, many people falls in Megumi because of eposide 8, but other girls don't appear in this eposide. It is just because of her own charm.

And it is Megumi who keep the team run smoothly right? It is not only showed by the story but also mentioned by other people. It is a job which can be only done by her. Without her, their team may have broken off. It is said by Michiru and Eriri.

In my opinion, you say all theses words just because that you don't like Megumi but other people like her very much.
Jun 13, 2017 4:27 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get it, that's a strange way to write Michiru.
Jun 13, 2017 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
Bullshit, Utaha is far better because Kato is far to bland, boring and doesn't stick out much like Utaha.
Jun 13, 2017 10:08 PM

Jul 2015
HollowIchigo58 said:
Bullshit, Utaha is far better because Kato is far to bland, boring and doesn't stick out much like Utaha.

That was technically Katou's whole character until recently...

Hell, not only is it part of the title of the anime, but they outright stated that she doesn't stand out from the get-go.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 13, 2017 11:12 PM

Nov 2008
XaneKudo said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Hell, not only is it part of the title of the anime, but they outright stated that she doesn't stand out from the get-go.
She is still the boring ass, bland girl to me.

Thats one of reasons why im saying fuck the anime and go for the alterate universe. https://myanimelist.net/manga/62083/Saenai_Heroine_no_Sodatekata__Koisuru_Metronome

Also im really sick and tired of this drama horseshit.

Im still going to finish it since there only 2 episodes left, but from what im seeing its going to get big, fat 4 or 5 from me, maybe 3.
Jun 15, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
HollowIchigo58 said:
XaneKudo said:

She is still the boring ass, bland girl to me.

Thats one of reasons why im saying fuck the anime and go for the alterate universe. https://myanimelist.net/manga/62083/Saenai_Heroine_no_Sodatekata__Koisuru_Metronome

Also im really sick and tired of this drama horseshit.

Im still going to finish it since there only 2 episodes left, but from what im seeing its going to get big, fat 4 or 5 from me, maybe 3.

In all honestly, I don't find her boring. It's more that compared to everyone else, she's way more grounded (Utaha is a successful author, but she's really condensending, Eriri is an awesome artist, but is prone to getting emotional, Aki is the guy who gets them all together, but gets overexcited and has made a ton of mistakes), so she doesn't stand out as much (which, incidentally, was the biggest factor for the whole Aki and Katou fight), but because of that, she barely gets involved in the drama, so she's more of the scapegoat for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the drama.

Speaking of the drama, the biggest reason it even exists is because the story wants to paint Aki as a bad producer, but anyone who's a creator would know that anyone who constantly relies on others to push them to do better and not find any self-motivation won't get too far in the buisness. In almost any other setting, he would actually be a pretty decent director.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 15, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2008
Man..this is pretty normal for harem. Harem genre anime always feel pointless because no matter how many good girl appear, in the end only one will win. Arguing who is best girl is just pointless. To no surprise, harem genre is my second least favorite genre according to my MAL Graph.

ZapredonJun 15, 2017 11:37 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 16, 2017 1:26 AM
Dec 2012
Well, last episode confirms it (ep. 10) Kato is best girl.
:v
Jun 16, 2017 1:31 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sooo the same as about every single harem with a dedicated main heroine in it?

I don't see how this is remotely unusual or in any way a bad thing. Would you rather have them all remain at status quo forever without any sort of relationship development?
Jun 16, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2013
HaXXspetten said:

I don't see how this is remotely unusual or in any way a bad thing. Would you rather have them all remain at status quo forever without any sort of relationship development?

It's a bit different though because two girls in the harem actually betrayed him, whether they say it was to advance in their careers or not, idk I'm a bit disappointed by it because my favorite girl was Utaha. I liked Kato too, but the betrayal seems a bit pointless, they never made a good game for two seasons then they break up, its like Love Live! season two all over again.
Jun 16, 2017 2:01 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Blarey said:
HaXXspetten said:

It's a bit different though because two girls in the harem actually betrayed him, whether they say it was to advance in their careers or not, idk I'm a bit disappointed by it because my favorite girl was Utaha. I liked Kato too, but the betrayal seems a bit pointless, they never made a good game for two seasons then they break up, its like Love Live! season two all over again.
Ehh maybe, I still find this to be a good development overall though. At least it feels a lot more realistic that two professionals would be willing to take such a great opportunity to advance their careers over the "staying together because of love and friendship" cliché like we've seen a hundred times over already in other anime
Jun 16, 2017 3:50 AM

Oct 2010
So much butthurt because the best girl emerged victorious, feels good mang, feels good.
Jun 16, 2017 4:02 AM
May 2017
To be honest Megumi didn't really appeal to me that way sure she was fun, but season 2 kinda underused her and gave Lalatina a chance who turned out to be my favourite in the end and Aqua isn't really a good love interest sure she's funny, but she is kinda annoying and really useless.
Jun 16, 2017 4:34 PM
Jan 2010
So much butthurt because the best girl emerged victorious, feels good mang, feels good.

Playing a rigged game and going with the author bandwagon is your type of game?
Jun 16, 2017 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
Often the best girl are just personal oppinions, based on own experience. I would say, Kato fits into Tomoya because both are similar in my eyes. Even Kato seems boring and isn't showed up often compared to the others girls, the chat between Kato and Tomoya feels so natural and easy. Both are on the same level. None of both have an big impact of influence each other.

The character of Utaha is more like a leader (or master) and Tomoya is the "slave". Yes, it's not really true but if Utaha tries to push on Tomoya, her push is affecting Tomoya's mind.
She leads, he just follow. That's my feeling when i compare them.

Eiri is in my eyes just annoying "brat" who demands. As example the attention of Tomoya. Also i don't think that Tomoya likes Tsundere in his love interest.

Jun 19, 2017 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
Kato is best girl because she's the most unique. Plain and simple. Utaha and Eriri both adhere to stereotypes pretty well. Not to say they're uninteresting -- they've got pretty great plotlines throughout the season. But Kato is Tomoya's standard. The person who stands by him and never changes, and most importantly, who doesn't adhere to the usual archetypes. It's her that's referred to in the title: boring heroine.
Jun 19, 2017 8:55 PM

Feb 2015
Jun 19, 2017 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
Kanna is obviously the best girl, you filth fag!
Jul 3, 2017 8:12 AM
Jun 2017
Megumi maybe is not best grill for everyone. But her ship with tomoya is the best than other ship in the series.

ADMIT IT!
Jul 3, 2017 8:22 AM
Jun 2017
DHTButoo said:
"Megumi is responsible for the game code, BUT Tomoya also handled that. Utaha also provided the story with Tomoya and Eriri added the art."
Tomoya did handled that, but the quality of the code he provide is so poor. Do you know the difficulty of improving a beta programme into a complete one? I think you don't konw.

"That shows the author bias, which is unnecessary and counterproductive for portraying Megumi's traits. All the support that Megumi did can be done by anyone else."
Utaha and Eriri's work is also described as perfect. Why you take these as usual but take Megumi's work as unnecessary and counterproductive?It is just because of your prejudice. Though Megumi's work can be done by anyone else, it is because she do not have the talent, but you can't refute her effort.

"Do you think that Utaha or Eriri didn't? Even though they have their respective ulterior motives for joining Blessing Software, you cannot dismiss their contributions to the game. Take note that everyone also did their 110% effort for Tomoya. Utaha continued writing despite the fact that she need to focus on graduation. Eriri pushed herself to the limit to submit the art that's needed by the game. Even Michiru, who isn't really interested in making visual novels, contributed the game's soundtrack."
Well, what you say is true, but from the girl side 1(a volume of the series), I can say, Utaha make effort not only for their team, she want to cooperate with Eriri and make a good game. Eirri make effort mainly for Tomoya but not the team.

"My main issue is that Megumi was created by the author as a best girl, when being best girl is EARNED, not GIVEN BY THE AUTHOR IN A SILVER PLATTER. No author can just portray that a single girl is the best as if it is a doctrine, and using other characters and destroying them just to confirm the best girl's status is just a cheap and insecure move."
It is just your opinion, as I say, many people falls in Megumi because of eposide 8, but other girls don't appear in this eposide. It is just because of her own charm.

And it is Megumi who keep the team run smoothly right? It is not only showed by the story but also mentioned by other people. It is a job which can be only done by her. Without her, their team may have broken off. It is said by Michiru and Eriri.

In my opinion, you say all theses words just because that you don't like Megumi but other people like her very much.
ikr. The people is just blame her cuz they hate her
Jul 18, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
It's because people have horrible taste, and they like a boring shit character, that's why she is best girl
Dec 4, 2017 6:08 AM

Nov 2014
Akira_futaba said:
Megumi maybe is not best grill for everyone. But her ship with tomoya is the best than other ship in the series.

ADMIT IT!
I agree, she maybe boring, but that is kind of why she is the main heroine (hence the title?). Really, her ship with Tomoya is pretty enjoyable to watch.
Dec 7, 2017 9:39 PM

Nov 2007
The Reason Why Megumi is Best Girl? Simply because she is. If you have seen enough anime you don't need to find reasons as to why she is the best girl.

I have seen plenty of heroines in romance stories like Utaha-senpai and Eriri in other Japanese medium and I have nothing against their characters. But it's just that I have seen none like Megumi. Girls like her are usually side characters in Japanese medium. The reason why I started watching this anime was because of her interaction with Tomoya in the prologue fanservice episode. Believe me I wouldn't have bothered watching this anime, let alone liking it, if it weren't for her.

I will be interested if you guys can give me a romance anime with a heroine like Megumi. I am sure I will be happy to check that out. That's how much I like her and I hope to see more characters like her in the medium.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 13, 2022 2:26 PM
Feb 2022
You know what I wasn't going to write about a 4 years old post but fuck it
First of all to every megumi haterthe title says from the beginning what is the ending so you cant argue with that
2-to be honest megumi was the reason of this show being what is it with this score without her is just another typical harem with the fucking same charecters believe me you cant find so fucking animes with your beloved utaha being the main heroine
3-megumi is the most realistic girl in the show dont get me wrong after all it is an anime so it always have some unrealistic aspects
4-actually the romance between kato and tomoya was there from the beginning you just need to focus on her acts she's just not the type who shows her interest with sexual acts(nothing wrong with that bty)
5-i think choosing to exit the blessing software was a very good choice for both of them and that was a very realistic choice and wasn't just for making them as bad guys of the show. So please don't blame the author for the choice what did you expect a love confession from the one's that was already rejected or megumi and eriri leaving the blessing software its just doesn't make fucking sense
Feb 25, 2022 1:48 PM
Jul 2021
Retarded light novel drama imo. Only reason this show is rated high is because the heroine is "unique"
Feb 28, 2022 9:21 PM

Oct 2020
I always thought Eriri was trash , so her betrayal didn't really mattered. Utaha killed this show for me , as i was very fond of her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

206 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

178 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

101 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.