Forum Settings
Forums

Do you feel Kinda strage when you read rape or see it in manga/anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 27, 2010 6:12 PM

May 2008
gunner00 said:
Th3End said:
Girl raping a guy? YES.

Haha, in order to a girl rape a guy he must be turned on... if he is so, then it is not rape, he kinds of deisre it

but i think rape is a great turning off, i don't like it

All rape should be seen as equally disturbing. It's hurtfully ignoring the plight raped men face and patronizing and sexist towards women in return in a number of ways not to take it seriously. So in closing this point, it's both harmful and sexist towards men and women not to treat the rape of men as equal to the rape of women.

Secondly, men CAN be raped.
First off, a man does not have to have an erection to have sexual interourse and there are a great variety of ways to be sexually violated other the vaginal intercourse. The man could be sodomized, be pushed into giving forced cunnilingus, and other things which would and should be, considered rape. It's rape if a man ties up a woman and forces her to perform oral under the threat of a gunshot. So it's rape if the same sort of thing happens to a man.

Second, an erection itself is often involuntary in men and does not signify physical and mental pleasure. A man could have an erection lasting for hours that he finds painful. Men sometimes have this problem of frequent erections that they don't want and even find painful, especially more common if they never masturbate. And even if the person has a degree of physical pleasure from the act of sex and the erection, the person may be feeling mental anguish over the matter.

Rape cannot be determined by physical stimuli. Whether someone is raped or not is a thing of the mind. And contrary to stereotypes, not all men desire sex. And certainly not from every woman.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 27, 2010 7:39 PM

Aug 2007
DrewTheDude said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Any time a rape happens means it is a legitimate problem.

I really don't see how rape become a national problem because some chick had the misfortune of being raped. It's not that big of deal around here...

Any time a rape happens it is a big deal. There's no denying that.
Feb 27, 2010 7:58 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I've been so desensitized by all the rape in manga that is brushed off as not a big deal or makes someone fall in love with the rapist that when I read a manga were when the person who was raped was very upset and disturbed by it I was shocked.
Feb 28, 2010 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Christ, are you fucking retarded? You're doing absolutely nothing at all to prove your point besides constantly repeating your statement over and over again. Seriously, if you want to prove your point and not look like an idiot, how about you actually try and PROVE it.
Feb 28, 2010 11:31 AM

Aug 2007
DrewTheDude said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Christ, are you fucking retarded? You're doing absolutely nothing at all to prove your point besides constantly repeating your statement over and over again. Seriously, if you want to prove your point and not look like an idiot, how about you actually try and PROVE it.

You can't prove opinion. That's like saying people can prove God exists.
Feb 28, 2010 12:27 PM

May 2009
According to the criminal law jurisdictions, rape is a crime. That's a fact. You're free to decide for yourself if this crime should be seen as a big deal or not. Happy now, DrewTheDude?
Mar 1, 2010 1:55 PM

Dec 2009
Drunk_samurai said:

Both parties agree to sex, yet one is a little younger.Big deal?

One party drank a little the other did not, they agree to have sex, but in the eyes of the law an inebriated person cannot give consent. Big deal?

I'd say no.
Mar 1, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2007
daddysgirl said:
Drunk_samurai said:

Both parties agree to sex, yet one is a little younger.Big deal?

One party drank a little the other did not, they agree to have sex, but in the eyes of the law an inebriated person cannot give consent. Big deal?

I'd say no.

Statutory "rape" isn't actually rape. Also that is obvious rape if somebody gets the other person drunk.
Mar 3, 2010 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
I don't mind it, I'll be like "ohh..their..kinda screwed.." but I don't feel to strange about it considering I've seen things online that I think are worst than rape.

Oh internet, oh internet, you really are revealing.... that reminds me of that "kittens article" on encyclopediadramatica...ugh.

Ah, but I do cover it up from other people who are around me when this kind of stuff appears because the lot of them can't handle the sight of those issues. Or they can watch, that's fine too. Sometimes it also depends on the extremity level of the rape.
Mar 3, 2010 12:32 PM

Mar 2010
How would I feel weird watching/reading rape in an anime/manga?
It's not real.
Mar 3, 2010 12:44 PM

Oct 2008
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

I think it's the awkwardness of how that kind of stuff can actually happen in real life or the thought of it that makes some people feel strange or uncomfortable..
Mar 3, 2010 2:42 PM

May 2009
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

When seeing a female getting raped in anime/manga, don't you start thinking about all the unlucky women out there, who gets beaten and raped by violent husbands or men? For me it's unavoidable to get disturbed about it, wether it be in anime, manga, movies or books.
Mar 3, 2010 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
alot of long, thoughtful responses here...

Mar 3, 2010 4:26 PM

Mar 2010
njasis said:
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

When seeing a female getting raped in anime/manga, don't you start thinking about all the unlucky women out there, who gets beaten and raped by violent husbands or men? For me it's unavoidable to get disturbed about it, wether it be in anime, manga, movies or books.

Yeah, I guess that might be true. Nonetheless, many type of deaths/crimes occur daily. Action type animes tend to have fights and sometimes even deaths. Disturbance is the least of things that would cross the majority of people's minds watching some anime gun fight or sci-fi robot fighting. If people get disturbed watching rape on some anime, why wouldn't they feel the same watching death? .-.
Mar 3, 2010 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
CarlosHXC said:
njasis said:
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

Yeah, I guess that might be true. Nonetheless, many type of deaths/crimes occur daily. Action type animes tend to have fights and sometimes even deaths. Disturbance is the least of things that would cross the majority of people's minds watching some anime gun fight or sci-fi robot fighting. If people get disturbed watching rape on some anime, why wouldn't they feel the same watching death? .-.

Exactly, why should i feel any more uncomfortable than watching someone getting murder on a movie,manga, anime, game. It's the same fucking thing. Both are criminal actions with bad consequences in real life(ok murder is worse in that one) but if they are part of an imaginary story they are there for purposes of entertainment. Nothing new here.
Mar 4, 2010 1:46 PM

Aug 2007
njasis said:
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

Why would something fictional make me think about the real shit?

Monad said:
CarlosHXC said:
njasis said:
CarlosHXC said:
It's not real.

Exactly, why should i feel any more uncomfortable than watching someone getting murder on a movie,manga, anime, game. It's the same fucking thing. Both are criminal actions with bad consequences in real life(ok murder is worse in that one)but if they are part of an imaginary story they are there for purposes of entertainment. Nothing new here.

It's really not. Well unless you mean the consequences.
Mar 4, 2010 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
How is rape worse than murder?
Mar 4, 2010 2:15 PM

May 2008
I suppose whether rape is worse than murder or not is something that depends on exactly how horrifying you find rape. And your views of pain and value of life. Some people in this world find it to be the most disturbing experience imaginable. As can be seen reflected in our laws. It's to the point there's a witch hunt in which harmless doujinshi manga book collectors can be prosecuted and sentenced to years in "correctional" facility, all in the name of protecting children from it.

So clearly human beings often find rape to be one of the most painful experiences imaginable. And most human beings I've encountered seem to believe that suffering in high degree is an amount worse than death, and create ethical sayings based upon the concept. That would surely lead to finding rape worse than death in many people.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 4, 2010 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
Murder affects the people around you.
Of course, you'd pity a rape victim but it really doesn't affect you in such way.
Losing a son, daughter, mother, father, a friend, etc to a MURDER ( not a natural death )
would hurt more than rape. IMO
Mar 4, 2010 2:21 PM

May 2008
I'm sure that most people faced with a choice like that would prefer to live.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.