Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2012 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
katz89 said:
The ending was fitting in my opinion.
'A dramatic death just isn't fitting for us.'

Well said, sir. I agree with this, the ending fit very well with the overall mood of the anime.

That ending line "Welcome to the NHK", said with a smile. Such beautiful irony, I loved this show to bits. Sad to see it end, definitely purchasing the manga. And hopefully someday I'll come across the novel. These days it's around 400 USD, so the future in that respect looks pretty bleak.
Mar 14, 2012 8:58 PM

Dec 2008
It was depressing to hell & back.
Throughout the show, I've wanted to punch "Sato-kun" in the face many times and believe me if I see him IRL, I will.

I love Misaki-chan so much & that guy is just..AHHHHH BAKAAAAAA.
Mar 21, 2012 7:48 AM
Jul 2011
The last episode was pretty good but I still feel disappointed.
Mar 31, 2012 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
It was quite depressing but it ended well. But I really wanted to see them as a couple. Time to read the manga.
Apr 9, 2012 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
I HATE DAMN OPEN ENDINGS!!!
Apr 18, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2010
Ending is not that great.... Too much cliche'd and dumb moments.....

Just a good ending I guess.... Anyways this series is very good....

4/5 for the ending

9/10 for series
Apr 18, 2012 10:59 AM

Jan 2012
Kananipa said:
Am I in the minority of people happy that nothing really happened between Misaki and Satou? That's surprising. I don't see how anyone could see their relationship as something to aspire towards. Considering her reasons for getting to know him in the first place, and those feelings still carried on, it would feel like they both just got together because there's no one better around and because they're both lonely. And that's really pathetic in my opinion. Plus Satou kept ignoring her and treating her badly throughout the series. At the beginning when he liked her, before finding out the reasons behind her wanting to counsel him, I didn't mind it and thought it was cute, but after Misaki showed her true colours I started to really dislike her. I sympathize with her, don't get me wrong. Just she's a massive hypocrite. And I hate that. But I suppose not all characters are perfect so in some ways it makes this anime more real, and I think that's why so many people like it. Plus you can relate to an extent.

But that's just my opinion.
8/10.

Considering the relationship between them was the only thing that kept me interested.....I can honestly say i'm thoroughly disappointed in this ending.
Apr 18, 2012 11:08 AM
Dec 2011
This Lousy Ending is CONSPIRACY ( y cant it end with a him together with her? D:
married!! But I think that is just my personal preference)
This Anime is like want to warning me "THIS COULD BE YOUR FUTURE"
Apr 18, 2012 11:01 PM

Mar 2008
finally I watched this anime....and is the very first time I felt so mad and disappointed =S.... don't know why it have such a great score...more than 8 is too much for this anime=S...
May 1, 2012 5:21 PM
Mar 2012
I believe the ending was satisfying enough.

However, it needed a defining moment, in which kiss that would've really made my day.

Other than that, the ending and the entire series for me was a 10/10!
May 6, 2012 4:44 PM
Mar 2010
Damn it, I've been waiting for them to kiss since they almost kissed that one time. Awww.

But besides that, I'm satisfied. This anime is dramatic as fuck, haha but I'm happy with it. How is it that he just so happened to befriend everyone that wanted to kill themselves lol. And Yamazaki... I totally didn't think he was going to stick it out with the farm life forever. That part of the story certainly didn't have much closure for me. They spend like 20 out of 24 episodes making a game, and in the end it wasn't significant at all. I knew there was something up with Miasaki, but who didn't? I knew that there was more than likely abuse involved.

A question I have about this anime: Satou and Yamazaki went to the same high school, so where was their high school? You're never really told where Yamazaki's from, just a farming district, and Satou said that he was from Hokkaido. So that's my guess for now because whatsherface Senpai said that she moved to Tokyo recently too.

Off to find a new anime to watch. Totally loving the life of a NEET ;)

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
May 6, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
I saw this last summer, was an unique anime (:
May 7, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
Ahri said:

Considering the relationship between them was the only thing that kept me interested.....I can honestly say i'm thoroughly disappointed in this ending.

This really wasn't a drama type of show, it was an honest attempt to bring attention to and address the real life problems of socially withdrawn Neets in both Japan and abroad.
I'm very happy the ending was not overly romantic with a kiss scene and whatnot, it's out of character for both of them and it just wouldn't fit with the tone of the show. Satou purposely jumping off the cliff was a bit of an overkill though, part of me thinks no lesson was learned there.
All in all, a very different type of series that was out to address an issue rather than for pure entertainment, that still managed to be very enjoyable.

Aside from Yamazaki, I can't help but dislike the other characters though, Satou goes down as my second least favourite lead character of all time.
AzureBluesMay 7, 2012 9:51 PM
May 9, 2012 9:33 PM

Feb 2010
I'm with the folks that are disappointed with the ending. Im very confused what happened with the relationship, There was a time in the first half of the series that he couldn't stop thinking about her, and all of a sudden he treated her like crap throughout the second half. If someone could explain, send me a private message so I know for sure, but I was still disappointed. Drama-wise, it did its job very well. Romance, it puttered out.
May 17, 2012 7:33 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah I was hoping for romantic ending too, felt kind of disappointed.

Overall 8/10 for the series from me. It was interesting and entertaining to watch :)
May 30, 2012 11:23 PM

Jul 2010
I really loved this anime, and the ending was great in my opinion. I can't help think what she meant by, "Welcome to the NHK," at the end, though. Maybe she was really an NHK spy. Maybe it really is a conspiracy? I could care less for romantic bullshit, because we see that enough in anime as it is, but I like it when it's done right, like in Clannad and whatnot. Yes, it would've been nice for the ending to be romantic, but the ending is good as it is, and I still think this series deserves a straight 10!
Jun 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Jan 2012
The last episode did make sad all the way through but the ending was really good. Overall it was a great sad and im kinda sad to see it over.
Jun 24, 2012 7:06 PM

Sep 2011
Kananipa said:
Am I in the minority of people happy that nothing really happened between Misaki and Satou? That's surprising. I don't see how anyone could see their relationship as something to aspire towards. Considering her reasons for getting to know him in the first place, and those feelings still carried on, it would feel like they both just got together because there's no one better around and because they're both lonely. And that's really pathetic in my opinion. Plus Satou kept ignoring her and treating her badly throughout the series. At the beginning when he liked her, before finding out the reasons behind her wanting to counsel him, I didn't mind it and thought it was cute, but after Misaki showed her true colours I started to really dislike her. I sympathize with her, don't get me wrong. Just she's a massive hypocrite. And I hate that. But I suppose not all characters are perfect so in some ways it makes this anime more real, and I think that's why so many people like it. Plus you can relate to an extent.

But that's just my opinion.
8/10.

I couldn't agree more. I hated Satou- san for treating Misaki-chan to horribly but I thought they would kiss at least once.
Jun 28, 2012 7:31 PM
Sep 2011
i really enjoyed this anime however it had its agonizingly boring moments but without those i dont think it would have been as good
Jun 29, 2012 4:35 PM
Jun 2012
is yhere any semilar anime or manga out there, i meen a seinin with a slice of life and good art with no exagiration and no school girls thet rounde up arounde the hero and fall for him, i hate the chojou type with "unreal" romance.
Jul 4, 2012 8:10 PM
Jul 2009
yea, why do ppl want a sequel or a sterotypical kiss scene to end it?... makes no sense. The anime was all about reality and not the story book ending, because in reallty life always goes on and is never as perfect as you dream it to be. Theres a Sato in all of us lol.
Jul 7, 2012 7:10 PM

Dec 2011
Never before have I been so thoroughly touched by an anime.

I thought the ending was beautiful and very befitting of this series, it just absolutely had to end that way with a touch of both sadness and happiness, hopefulness and loneliness. The scene at the cape is now my favorite in anime history, it's so outrageous but real I laughed and cried at the same time.

Everyone has had to experience depression at some point, some people worst than others. Most have experienced loneliness as well. Even social awkwardness has become commonplace in todays' society of internet and technology. And I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has slowly sunk in to the hikikomori lifestyle at some point due to unfortunate circumstances. I think Welcome to the NHK is an anime anybody can appreciate who has ever had to struggle in life in any way shape or form.

Usually I watch anime as an escape from reality, but for me this anime really hit home to the point where I feel like I need to re-evaluate my own life, for that I can only be grateful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2012 6:24 AM

Jan 2011
Great show, I'm so happy they didn't make a happy lovely crap ending but instead one that fits this show the best imo. It would've been nice if there was a second season but there isn't one and since the novel and manga ended a long time ago I guess there will never be one.
This was a show I loved, just 10 out of 10. I'm speechless.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 7, 2012 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
Misaki's story really hit home. No deaths, but I know that all the fights and general unhappiness around me is all my fault. When I leave for college, people will finally be able to get along and love each other again like they did before I came around. Even if some people would miss me, I know that the world would improve without me. If I could just help one person, make one person feel happy, that would make everything. If I could have a friend and be a friend to someone...

Then Sato had to scream something dumb about a conspiracy at the wrong moment after catching Misaki and try to commit suicide himself. Oh, his stupidity is unfathomable , but that really seemed to be the wrong time for conspiracies to come up. There were too many cliche`s throughout all of this anyways.

They should have ended up together. She almost died because he rejected her, and he almost died because he loves her and is an idiot. Then they go back to business as usual. The end credits left me feeling okay about it; nothing that compared to how I felt at the end credits of the previous episode...

Now I have to go hunt up the old, cheerier version of the opening. I missed that, even if the new one had the full effect it intended. I absolutely must read the manga, if I can get my hands on it.
Aug 8, 2012 4:56 PM
Aug 2011
I think this show is highly overrated. While it does have some really interesting characterization and a strong, logical message which I really appreciated, a lot of it seems to ride on the "life is pointless" thing way too hard. I mean, great, life is pointless, I didn't need to watch 15+ episodes of this guy doing absolutely nothing or doing things that come to no fruition whatsoever.

Not to mention the fact that the ending is not ambiguous at all, but instead of giving a satisfying ending, they left things loose. Admit it everyone, it's fairly obvious that he and Misaki are an item, or at least going to be one, so why did they have to leave things like that? Why is it after so much progress, he's still a loser living in his apartment with cans all over the place, alone, getting notes from his successful friends? I'm not asking for a cliche kiss or anything, but seriously, somehow they've gone through all this and their relationship appears to be structurally exactly the same? I'm calling BS, they should just rename this series to "Blue Ball Beta: The Show." So many missed opportunities -- at first, I was upset at Sato for just being an idiot and not doing the right thing, but I realized after watching the ending that it's just the emo screenwriter.

Oh well, whatever. It was a pretty enjoyable show, the scenes in the last couple episodes were very powerful. Too bad the last ~10-15 minutes had to ruin it all. 7/10. Could have been much higher.
Aug 13, 2012 2:47 PM
Jul 2012
Kinda wanted them to kiss, but meh it was a great anime overall 8/10
Aug 14, 2012 10:36 AM

Jul 2011
I have watched anime long time ago, recently completed manga also.
If you completed anime, read also manga. <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 22, 2012 8:12 AM

Apr 2012
2 questions do they become couple?and is there a kiss scene tru the anime?simple yes or no thanks
Aug 23, 2012 12:20 AM

May 2012
giorgosbg said:
2 questions do they become couple?and is there a kiss scene tru the anime?simple yes or no thanks

Their relationship progresses very slowly but if you think about it just by Satou and Misaki becoming a couple might be a bit too cliche for the anime to end the way. The contract that they agreed at the end of the series is basically their version of a kiss. If NHK was given more seasons it's safe to say that they'll have a marriage contract.
Rest in beats.
- Nujabes

Aug 27, 2012 9:45 PM
Mar 2012
I loved the anime. The ending was open ended because it was supposed to symbolize that no miracle thing happened to him. His life still has problems, and no matter how well you do in life, you will still experience problems. This anime just goes to show that you have to keep trying in life because that 10% of joy is worth all of the 90% of pain endured while living.

I know people wanted a kiss, but it's obvious that not only are Misaki and Satou living together, they are in love and going to be together for a long time.
Aug 31, 2012 11:43 AM
Jul 2010
I didn't enjoy this anime as much as I wanted to. The main reason for that is because of Yamazaki. He had true goals for his life and a girl he wanted to go out with but he ended up married with a new girl and evolved into a drunkard. That isn't what I've hoped for since I was able to connect with him. Neither did I enjoy Matou's conclusion regarding the contract.

That should explain the rest.
Sep 5, 2012 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
I wish I had someone like Misaki in my life
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Sep 7, 2012 3:05 AM

Mar 2008
Omg, I can't believe people not liking this ending,
you would want to end it elegantly instead of two people being all clingy and stuff (American thinking = sigh)
Sep 8, 2012 10:21 PM

Feb 2012
I wish they would have gotten together, but that's just what I wanted - it's probably better as it was. 10/10, such a powerful anime that I'll never forget. No problems with the ending at all, really; yeah, they didn't get together, but they've got enough problems by themselves anyway. I'm sure that as others have said, down the line, they'd get together. But that's left to the imagination - everyone got on with their lives, and everything just felt so real. No storybook endings, no magical saving grace, just real life. Friends move away, and some things go unresolved, just like Satou's possible romance with Hitomi - it just didn't happen.

I do think that Satou and Misaki will end up together, though. Maybe it didn't actually happen, but I'm going to assume it happens down the line, like I said.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Sep 9, 2012 12:21 PM
Apr 2011
DarkBlue said:
RoadLord said:
The ending was kinda disappointing because Satou and Misaki aren't together (they don't say so anyway).

Exacly, why are almost all animé endings like this!? It's so frustrating! It's not like the creators will die from drawing a little more happieness! Or maybe the storywriters are like Satou and think it's to embarassing to write about things like them kissing or something.

When I watch animé I do it because I want to escape the depressing reallity, so make more happier endings damn it!!!

Otherwise this series was great! :P

hah, sounds like someone missed the point. imo this anime, in contrast to many, is about facing reality as opposed to escapism. how did you manage to miss this? its so blatant lol
Sep 9, 2012 12:31 PM
Apr 2011
aboose said:
I think this show is highly overrated. While it does have some really interesting characterization and a strong, logical message which I really appreciated, a lot of it seems to ride on the "life is pointless" thing way too hard. I mean, great, life is pointless, I didn't need to watch 15+ episodes of this guy doing absolutely nothing or doing things that come to no fruition whatsoever.

Not to mention the fact that the ending is not ambiguous at all, but instead of giving a satisfying ending, they left things loose. Admit it everyone, it's fairly obvious that he and Misaki are an item, or at least going to be one, so why did they have to leave things like that? Why is it after so much progress, he's still a loser living in his apartment with cans all over the place, alone, getting notes from his successful friends? I'm not asking for a cliche kiss or anything, but seriously, somehow they've gone through all this and their relationship appears to be structurally exactly the same? I'm calling BS, they should just rename this series to "Blue Ball Beta: The Show." So many missed opportunities -- at first, I was upset at Sato for just being an idiot and not doing the right thing, but I realized after watching the ending that it's just the emo screenwriter.

Oh well, whatever. It was a pretty enjoyable show, the scenes in the last couple episodes were very powerful. Too bad the last ~10-15 minutes had to ruin it all. 7/10. Could have been much higher.

it's based on a light novel. if you read the novel, its somewhat faithful aside from some "filler" that was added for the anime (or the manga adaptation, i didnt read that one). but the ending is more or less unchanged as i recall. the author didn't write the novel to give people an escape or cheer people up, he wrote it to express his own thoughts and feelings and experiences as a hikikkomori. no doubt the character of misaki was entirely made up and the author didnt have anyone like that to comfort him. if anything, this ending seems almost too optimistic in light of that. but anyway, this is a rock solid ending i feel. its relatively honest, and not some sugarcoated bullshit. this anime rules, and i wouldnt change anything about it.
Sep 9, 2012 12:38 PM
Apr 2011
madara1212 said:
I didn't enjoy this anime as much as I wanted to. The main reason for that is because of Yamazaki. He had true goals for his life and a girl he wanted to go out with but he ended up married with a new girl and evolved into a drunkard. That isn't what I've hoped for since I was able to connect with him. Neither did I enjoy Matou's conclusion regarding the contract.

That should explain the rest.

the point of that is "shit happens" and not everyone's life goes the way they planned or wanted it to. and even though yamazaki got married he could always get a divorce later if he ends up unhappy. your life isnt over until its over.
Sep 10, 2012 7:20 PM

Feb 2011
Not sure what the big deal is about the show. I went in thinking it was going to be amazing, but I kind of had to force myself to watch the first half. The second half got a little better, but nothing to amazing. Overall I didn't find this to be as good as people made it seem. 7/10
Sep 24, 2012 2:46 AM

Feb 2011
I just finished this anime and it is great
【=◈︿◈=】セックス大好き... What can I say? 【=◈︿◈=】
Sep 29, 2012 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
PuppyFucker said:

Yeap.

I enjoyed it but I found Sato to be too relatable to. It's kind of worrying, haha. I need to go outside more, but it's scary :\.
Oct 4, 2012 9:47 PM
Aug 2012
I am similar to the main char in the anime myself and i can totally see how the ending would happen the way it does.

The thing with social anxiety problems is that there is really no magic cure, altho everyone hopes there would be. even at the beginning of the series i actually thought i might find some new insight watching the main char struggle and hopefully overcome his problems, but i shouldve known that there wudnt be a 'magical' ending.
After enough time i find that like satou, we just have to grit our teeth and try and push our way thru life with all the problems were carrying and hopefully gain the wisdom we need to progress thru it little by little

Getting back up after falling down for someone like satou is extremely hard, probably 10x harder than for a regular person. he finally got a consistent job and tried hs best to live a normal life and that felt really satisfying to see. i wouldve liked to see the relationship develop between misaki and satou tho, but overall a great anime and very realistic
Oct 11, 2012 11:40 AM
Jul 2011
Well, I am totally satisfied with the ending. I just wished that it didn't end. One of the best anime I have watched so far.

Oct 16, 2012 7:36 PM

Jun 2012
This anime left a deep emotional and psychological impact on me that I will never be able to explain with words.

I actually overlooked this anime quite a few times until I noticed it had a strange combination of genres:
"Comedy, Romance, Slice-of-life, Psychological"

Seeing that drove me to watch this anime, because I was thinking "How can those genres possibly mix?"

At the start, it seemed like it was primarily a comedy anime focusing on the delusions of a shut-in. As the series progress, however, it started getting very deep, and by the time I was at episode 12 it was making me laugh, cry, smile, frown, and come to a self-realization about just how fleeting and unimportant life really is, almost simultaneously.

I'm probably just crazy, but after it was all over, I didn't feel like I had watched the anime, it felt like I had experienced the anime. It felt like the anime, throughout those short 24 episodes, was sending subconscious and conscious messages to me in the most personal way possible.

I can't really explain how I felt watching this anime in any other way. 10/10.

PuppyFucker said:

I couldn't agree more. Rather, I wish people like her actually existed. Satou and Yamazaki said it best: Girls (or anyone, for that matter) like that don't exist in reality, even in the most sincere relationship.
LarasoOct 16, 2012 8:39 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Oct 29, 2012 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
I actually thought this would be an anime about an hikikkomori who begins work for the NHK to cure himself xD I didn't read much about it beforehand

Great series overall, in the first episodes I would have given it a 10 / 10 but having watched it all I think a 9 / 10 is more appropriate.

The ending wasn't bad but Yamazaki sure had it rough, he lost the chance with that girl from school and didn't succeed with the game, I know this isn't a everything ends up well anime but Yamazaki had nothing good happen to him. There could have been a kiss scene with Misaki but the inexistence of such doesn't detract from the experience.
What really detracts from the score is how up until the last episodes the game was almost all they talked about, and in a single episode they wrapped up that storyline, the pacing sometimes was off. I don't mind slow but mixing it up feels weird.
Misaki remaining a mystery for so long didn't affect me too much since they hinted at the violence in her past while the series was midway through (on that island closest to heaven)

Major strongpoint: Characters
Weak link: Pacing
Still, it was almost perfect, a 9.5 if that was possible in here
Oct 29, 2012 5:59 PM

Mar 2012
Enjoyed this "Slice of Hikikomori Life" :)

Lesson learned: Hikikomori become hikikomori because they are given the oportunity to; so if you become one make sure you have nothing to eat that will immediately cure you.

Anyway some episodes where extremely funny (like the one where his mom visited him); though most episodes lacked good comedy.
Ending was satisfying IMO, though some more romance wouldn't have hurted.

Hehe and Yamazaki sometimes reminded me of myself

8-/10 for me.
Nov 13, 2012 3:18 PM

May 2012
Decent ending, I would have loved to see a more suiting ending between those two as a final kiss or so, but it was still quite a nice and good ending! Not a bad anime in general it started off whole different than it ended but it had a quite nice story development and general pace so that was definitely a plus!

Great Anime I must say I did enjoyed this one! 9/10
Nov 16, 2012 7:12 AM

Aug 2012
The ending was almost bittersweet.

But they're trying, so thumbs up for those two.
Nov 16, 2012 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
Decent ending. I don't have a problem with it being left open, they seem to be together anyway, so that's fine with me.

I liked the first half of the anime, it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was still fun.
However, I really didn't like all the unnecessary and boring fillers which almost always threw away any kind of development Satou may had for a laugh. And thoughout these it was like they completely forgot about the main story between Satou and Misaki.

I really, really hated Hitomi, it's like she is the sole reason for Satou being an unstable fool. She is just an insane bitch playing with Satou while he was being so nice to her.
Megumi was a bit better, but she was also an unnecessary and useless character. Her brother's little story was actually much better, though that also served no purpose whatsoever.
Yamazaki is awesome, he seemed like the smartest person here, and it actually looked like he was the one who thought Satou the most about being a better person. Though I hate how he just got together with a random girl. I hoped the seiyuu girl would somehow go after him :)
Now for Satou. I liked him in the beginning and I cared for his sad life, but as the episodes went by I grew to dislike him for being an idiot. I mean seriously, it's like he just got dumber and dumber. I especially despise him for not giving a fuck about Misaki when they went to the city and lost each other. As soon as that bitch, Hitomi appeared he completely forgot about Misaki. Even after that he couldn't realise how sad Misaki was about this and he didn't even try to deny that they were in a love hotel (as Misaki thought). In the end he actually got somewhat better though, but he was still not smart enough to realize the state Misaki was being in.
As for Misaki, I really liked her, I think she was my favorite throughout this. I know that the way she actually treated Satou and the reason she started the project was wrong, I still find her to be a nice person. Her story was really sad, and after everything that happened to her I can't blame her for wanting to die. I'm happy she didn't die in the end.

I really liked the unique concepts behind the story. They really went through a lot of problems (suicide, pyramid scheme, being an otaku/NEET/hikikomori, family problems, game addictions, etc), they are still big problems nowadays. This is one of the things I liked the anime for.
I didn't like however, all the conspiracy bullshit and the imaginary aspects (talking furnitures, dream sequences or whatever they were, etc). The god thing in the end was also one of these. I hate how Satou solved Misaki's problem with the stupid conspiracy thing.
I'm also sad that the game Yamazaki and Satou worked so hard for didn't get much attention in the end. I hoped they would get at least a little praise for it.
In the end though the main thing that kept me interested was the relationship of Satou and Misaki. I'm happy it kind of ended in a good way :)

I'm getting tired of writing so I'm gonna end it here.
The anime had its fair share of funny and great moments, it had a lot of potential, but it also had a lot of boring parts (mainly the middle parts) and stupid and annoying characters. So all in all, I'm gonna give this a 6/10. I wanted to consider a 7, but what made me go with a 6 was the stupidity Satou showed, which I mentioned above :/
Probably not gonna watch it again, but I still liked it, so I don't have any regrets :)
RazielZeroAug 5, 2013 1:34 AM
Nov 19, 2012 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
i guess i'm one of the few who enjoyed every episode. Misaki's adorable. I just wish there was a bit more closure at the end of the series. Maybe the relationship between the two wasn't pursued more thoroughly because of the age difference? In the end it just felt a little platonic and that was kind of disappointing especially when Yamazaki and Hitomi both found happiness through marriage. I kinda wished everything he said in his head towards Misaki in that final episode was actually communicated through to her.

Megumi's situation was a real bummer, life threw a curveball at her and she guessed wrong and it pretty much went alll downhill from there...would've liked to see some support from the other characters but whatever. At least her brother got his act together.

I know there's a LN and a manga, hopefully one of those two goes a little deeper in the areas I thought were lacking.
Nov 20, 2012 10:33 PM

Sep 2012
It's funny the two characters I hated most were Misaki and as I can't think how many times I just thought Sato was way too whiny. Still I think this series is perfect. I began rooting for Sato. Misaki-nyan won me over.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

311 by gyanburubii »»
Apr 30, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

124 by The_anime_noob12 »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.