Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 2011
I think thats rather unfair! This anime is kinda compelling and the MC is unique. Why a 6?

Because no lolis or cute girls in swim suits?

May 31, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2016
My thoughts exactly.

Although I can't find any actual explanation for it.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 31, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
Yes, it also doesn't appeal to the normie crowd and most elitists.
Seeing Moguro ruin people's lives each ep is an acquired taste.
May 31, 2017 5:10 PM

Feb 2014
The question you should ask yourself is that you take mal rating seriously?

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jun 1, 2017 2:53 PM

May 2014
Well, a 6 is above average so it's not too bad. I think it just sucks that such a unique show is being overlooked by so many people. I have a feeling the showa era character designs are a big turn off.

Like you've said, if it was a moe girl as the main i'm sure it would be more popular. XD
FancyjasperJun 1, 2017 2:56 PM
Jun 4, 2017 10:32 AM

Oct 2015
Sure it's different, but different doesn't always mean good. In my opinion the show gets old and repetitive too quickly once you understand the basic formula. It's predictable to the point where you'll just be thinking only how and not if this week's victims will meet their "demise". And just seeing how isn't always fun when the show is lacking in fun aspects.

I have nothing against the main character or the art style, it's just that the (relatively) unique concept can only carry the show so far by itself.
Jun 4, 2017 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
It keeps repeating the same thing every episode. It might have different situations each episode but the end it always the same, what's the point in watching a bunch of things when the ending itself is already inevitable in this series. Unlike in Jigoku Shoujo which uses the same type of formula, there were chances that the ending might become different and they did spice things up a little which made that slightly better than this.
Jun 9, 2017 6:20 AM

Jun 2017
100%agree with TC.
Jun 9, 2017 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Well my opinion would be rather irrelevant since I dropped this after the first episode (the first time in a long ass while that I've done that) but for me I actually disliked the series. Reasons being? Not really my type of thing. I mostly hated the character or the laughing guy and the one episode wasn't really either entertaining nor something I would really care about at the end of the day.
Jun 12, 2017 5:36 PM

Sep 2011
The target audience is very different from your standard anime viewer. The target audience are the real people who get out and understand the world enough for the scenarios to be relatable. Most MAL users are...well...let's just say they lack life experience.
Jun 12, 2017 5:42 PM

Nov 2008
The target audience for this is in their upper 30's to early 50's. It's way too dark for non-late 80's and early 90's anime fans.

Jun 14, 2017 12:03 AM
Nov 2016
Story: Boring, non-unique, unoriginal business and lack for the characters development

Animation/Art: Great, used old-fashion culture which is simply to funny, comedic touch atmosphere and amazing, little generic and weird cartoon style

Sound: Great, Amazing OP, Lame ED, sound actors are not bad

Characters: Unnecessary waste of time, Fukuzou Mogou is funny, evil and stupid but too perfect and opinionated who are awful development and personality

Value: Terrible, Mogou's laughing is good presentation but actually god awful

Enjoyment: Trash Entertainment anime

Overall: Yes, it is easily forgettable anime (I would rated this anime is 4/10 scores with little terrible anime) This anime is top 10 everybody likes but I disliked which is the disappointing or boring anime I saw in 2017
Bore55Jun 14, 2017 12:06 AM
Jun 15, 2017 4:01 AM

Nov 2010
Because it sucks.

"Because no lolis or cute girls in swim suits?" Now let me ask you, do you think it deserves a higher score because it doesn't have those? Novelty and quality are two different things.
Jun 15, 2017 3:20 PM

Feb 2017
Sorry, but I have to say that. You just don't understand Warau Salesman, thus you think this great anime isn't great at all.
Jun 30, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe because it was not only lackluster but also comparatively weak on several points when you check the first adaptation. (I gave it an average mark)

Bore55 said:
lack for the characters development

awful development

What is the expected "good" character development this show should feature? o_O
There is no place for that in those 10mn tales. Is it because it's japanese animation that it MUST feature long-term character development? Or are you the kind of person who would claim that the Tales from the Crypt don't feature enough "character development"? XD

Also, I don't understand how the customers/victims fail to feature a change in behaviour. It might not be "development" but Moguro's "help" reveals their innerself.
Jul 1, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2009
One thing I felt was being hinted throughout the whole show was the fact that the people involved in Moguro's schemes were already unhappy and/or miserable before they accepted the deal (hence the heart's "gap" concept), so in a way or another he can't be blamed for presenting the offer to them, because in the end, it's always exactly what they wanted.

But obviously the viewers who find themselves related to the client's predicament will feel that they're being given a harsh wake up call and no one likes that, it's the same that happened a few years back with Welcome to the NHK when a lot of people had to stop watching half-way because they couldn't stand the self-referencing parody that the deplorable main character posed to their own reality, but yea Welcome to the NHK had Misaki, so ...
Jul 3, 2017 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
It is repetitive, but it's also relatable. It's similar to Hell Girl in a way, people have issues and they're offered a quick fix for them. Only here, we don't get much back story on Moguru and his bartender and it's more about the people instead.

The people do have issues, but instead of working on it they get a quick fix. It seems more relevant in this day and age than before, so I really appreciated that.

I'm surprised by the low score, because I enjoyed it quite a bit. But different strokes for different folks.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 3, 2017 5:58 PM

Jun 2017
MonoJuMal said:
It is repetitive, but it's also relatable. It's similar to Hell Girl in a way, people have issues and they're offered a quick fix for them. Only here, we don't get much back story on Moguru and his bartender and it's more about the people instead.

The people do have issues, but instead of working on it they get a quick fix. It seems more relevant in this day and age than before, so I really appreciated that.

I'm surprised by the low score, because I enjoyed it quite a bit.

quite well said :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 12 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 19, 2017

24 by CopperTyrant »»
Jan 5, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 3 Discussion

Mascera - Apr 17, 2017

14 by Sr_Alpha »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:07 PM

» YO THIS OPENING BOPS

Reaperoflight - Feb 8, 2022

3 by anikevin »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 11 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 12, 2017

15 by Reaperoflight »»
Feb 28, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 5 Discussion

Mascera - May 1, 2017

24 by Sakuta002766 »»
Nov 28, 2020 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.