Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 24, 2017 3:52 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
Every time someone says something hurtful, you suppress your anger and laugh it off. Then, later, you push that rage deep down within you remarking how "...you'll show them one of these days..." under your breath. You proceed with life as normal and continue bottling up your anger. Then, 20 years later, Jen from accounting turns you down, and your boss tells you that your sales figures are the worst in the department. Like always, you bottle up your anger, and silently walk back to your desk. Then, you grab your desk lamp, and head directly for Jen's office bashing in the heads of your coworkers along the way. You kick in Jen's door, throw her computer out the window, and throw your lighter on the company tax returns, engulfing the room in flames. As smoke fills the office, cries of terror can be heard throughout the building as you pace down the hallway chasing after coworkers in a blood drenched blazer, a grin, and a crazed gleam to your eyes. Witnesses will remark how you were always a quiet person, who plugged away at the company for decades without any signs.

Is that the best way? Why not find a way to shield yourself, to desensitize and deal with these emotions?

yuliyana29 said:

To deal with such situation like fighting back and defending my own attitudes is something I very, very rarely have courage to do so. The most common option I use is just sqeeze my lips and swallow my frustration and tears way down my throat. To be precise, it's the people's rough criticism of words they tend to point towards me whenever I know I'm right and worked my ass off for a ceratin thing. It's more like I'm hurt by not getting the appreciation I'm sure I earned it honorably.

How can we not-get-hurt from this? Is there any way to strengthen the armor?

One of the most valuable thing I've learn is to not give a fuck to verbal abuse.

I've been treated as a joke for few assholes from my school and also my neighbours.
I usually ignore the calls, and walked away without any eye contact. Its the best way to deal with idiots, they'll tire themselves and feel foolish..
If they gone physicall, I would shout at them ( I'm a calm type, but I have a very loud voice) and verbally intimidate them. I'll also pour all of my hatred I've been kept for years at them.
May 24, 2017 4:11 PM

Oct 2014
I am sure it helped like having such an outthere thing as my main interest did not made it any easier to make friends
but i have been an introvert throught my entire life so no
May 24, 2017 5:05 PM

Nov 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
Every time someone says something hurtful, you suppress your anger and laugh it off. Then, later, you push that rage deep down within you remarking how "...you'll show them one of these days..." under your breath. You proceed with life as normal and continue bottling up your anger. Then, 20 years later, Jen from accounting turns you down, and your boss tells you that your sales figures are the worst in the department. Like always, you bottle up your anger, and silently walk back to your desk. Then, you grab your desk lamp, and head directly for Jen's office bashing in the heads of your coworkers along the way. You kick in Jen's door, throw her computer out the window, and throw your lighter on the company tax returns, engulfing the room in flames. As smoke fills the office, cries of terror can be heard throughout the building as you pace down the hallway chasing after coworkers in a blood drenched blazer, a grin, and a crazed gleam to your eyes. Witnesses will remark how you were always a quiet person, who plugged away at the company for decades without any signs.

Is that the best way? Why not find a way to shield yourself, to desensitize and deal with these emotions?

yuliyana29 said:

To deal with such situation like fighting back and defending my own attitudes is something I very, very rarely have courage to do so. The most common option I use is just sqeeze my lips and swallow my frustration and tears way down my throat. To be precise, it's the people's rough criticism of words they tend to point towards me whenever I know I'm right and worked my ass off for a ceratin thing. It's more like I'm hurt by not getting the appreciation I'm sure I earned it honorably.

Yeah, unfortunately bottling up your emotions, and suppressing your rage until you drink too much eggnog at the office holiday party, then show up to the PTA meeting the next day and wind up punching someone else's kid's lights out cause he spilled grape juice on your blazer is the only way to go.
May 24, 2017 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
I bet it can make you shy, but introverts and extroverts are born that way. It's an orientation, not an afternoon club.
May 25, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2016
nope, it has nothing to do with it, not at all
I enjoy things the way they are
May 25, 2017 1:07 AM

Aug 2016
Well, I have always been a hikikomori sooooo...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 25, 2017 1:54 AM
Jan 2017
Almost did make me an introvert but I've been an extrovert right from time?.. so once I clocked 200 watched anime that rush to watch anime every hour of the day was gone so I had time to go back to my old self
Signatureless
May 25, 2017 2:29 AM
Apr 2017
Ehh kinda i made alot of friends due to anime but i also stayed home alot more so maybe?
May 25, 2017 3:53 AM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

The Experience I guess. The more one's around people, learns about how a human acts, the more one knows how to deal with tough situation people are causing.

Do you do this? Do you constantly put yourself out there?

TheDarkLordOtaku said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Yeah, unfortunately bottling up your emotions, and suppressing your rage until you drink too much eggnog at the office holiday party, then show up to the PTA meeting the next day and wind up punching someone else's kid's lights out cause he spilled grape juice on your blazer is the only way to go.

Sounds to me like you're in need of therapy.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 25, 2017 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
yuliyana29 said:

The Experience I guess. The more one's around people, learns about how a human acts, the more one knows how to deal with tough situation people are causing.

Eh, not really. My parents are the push-overs and I tend to avoid putting myself out there. On the other hand, most of the time, I lack motivation to even make a step. It's just feels bothersome to me. I prefer to be chill & all.
May 25, 2017 5:07 AM

Nov 2016
It might have nurtured that part of me but I wouldn't say it made me an introvert. Besides, video games probably played a part in that. I needed shelter from people perhaps.
May 25, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Eh, not really. My parents are the push-overs and I tend to avoid putting myself out there. On the other hand, most of the time, I lack motivation to even make a step. It's just feels bothersome to me. I prefer to be chill & all.

I think you'll have to put yourself out there if you want to improve this. Else it'll haunt you. I was an introvert and until I pushed myself outside, it never improved.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 25, 2017 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
Nah I have always been an introvert to begin with. But anime influence me a bit like how I see the world better.
May 25, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 2013
I'm pretty much an Introvert before watching Anime. But after getting fond of Anime cultures, I'm more sociable irl now. I still shy sometimes, but I Think anime can make you getting socialize more irl than makes you an introvert...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

66 by shiro-seishun »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 8 hours ago

28 by pk8list »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

58 by _ATG_ »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.