Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like the Danganronpa anime(s)?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 28, 2017 8:59 AM

May 2015
The humor is dark, cynical but doesn't rely too much on violence. The art is beautiful. The characters are lively, wacky and convincing in how weird they are. The whole story is quite bizarre and fantastic. It all makes for an emotional roller coaster.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 28, 2017 9:08 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I dont even know what Dang gang a ronpa is. Thought it was only a video game series.
Apr 28, 2017 9:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's the games that are popular, not the anime
Apr 28, 2017 9:13 AM

Apr 2017
The Timeline is so confusing especially when the series just aired last year xD

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 28, 2017 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
The anime is one of the best handhelds games I've ever played. I just saw the Danganronpa 3 trilogy last month, and it's already contender for the worst anime series I've seen this year.

That should tell you something.
Apr 28, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2014
Have yet to see or play so i have no say about them as of yet.

However i do like the character designs of certain characters along with a few scenes that i have seen here and there which makes me want to watch/play sooner but i am not in any rush right now.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 28, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
CynicalCycIops said:

Actually I fully intend on playing the games, they have been on my Steam wishlist for a while, and once I make enough, I plan to purchase them- but I'm in no rush. And the whole concept and characters bother me, even if the game has proper pacing and mystery, it's still pandering and edgy.

I know many people who are in the fanbase and have never played the games, and I just want to know why and rant a little- is that really so bad? It's anime criticism not fucking radical feminism.

Regarding my list, I don't have everything on there, I perfered leaving out the oversaturated anime with big fanbases, like- I've seen every Ghibli film, but I don't think it is necessary to add them.

As long as it's not offensive towards the fanbase (seeing the changed title), I have nothing against arguing whether something's good or not. I just didn't like how you phrased it.

Well, you can always just torrent them, if you don't have the funds. If you come to like it, then you'll probably buy it later anyways.
Sep 30, 2017 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
The anime is alright , but the games are way better lol.
Oct 13, 2017 3:34 AM
Jan 2012
The reason why people that loved the games didn't like the anime was because of the poor execution. You're kind of removing the fact that it was a game too much from opinions. It isn't just about fleshed out characters, in the video games you are the one solving the mysteries. It's absolutely great going through the mysteries and solving it yourself, the main character is bland because he was meant to be the main character of a video game, and not an anime. Since in video games you're personally controlling them it feels far more like you're experiencing it than in anime where it just comes off as pandering, and a power fantasy like in the generic harem anime.

The "edgyness" isn't really just being edgy, it's just gory and kooky, people are just throwing the word edgy onto anything and everything without knowing what it actually means.

Also, research is not nearly as solid as actual experience. It's fine that you decided not to use your time to experience the games, but that doesn't mean your opinion is completely informed. Knowing what it is is different than experiencing what it is firsthand. The fun of a mystery series is solving the mysteries, if you take that away you're basically taking away a gigantic portion of what it was meant to do.

The pacing and convolution is something the anime does wrong, not the games, since like others have said is them trying to shove too much information into an anime. You aren't at all rushed when playing it, unlike the animation studio which only had a set amount of time to give you the story with.

It's kooky, weird, and gory. I'm actually not that into any of those, but I still liked the series because of how interesting it was.

This was a pretty late reply, but still felt like it had to be said, though most of that has been said already.
May 24, 2018 11:23 PM

May 2016
The games are popular the anime is a really really bad adaptation. I like to pretend it doesn’t exist. I would advise anyone trying to get into the franchise not to watch this anime
Aug 24, 2018 6:39 AM

Jun 2017
I have never seen a game to anime adaptation that wasn't bad compared to the game,so I am not sure what you were expecting.

I LOVE the games btw. Finished D1 and am going through D2 right now :)
Dec 2, 2018 6:33 AM
Dec 2018
honestly i like danganronpa and yeah, the games gives more info and you kinda get attached and the executions make you emotional. the games > the anime and if you checked out the anime first, you probably wont have a very good impression of the characters since they all seem kinda,,, dead?? idk how to put it but danganronpa is appealing to me as it has all these characters with different backstories and its kinda fascinating i guess
Dec 2, 2018 6:48 AM

Dec 2013
I played the first Dangan Ronpa and thought the writing was really, really bad. I love the both Ace Attorney and Zero Escape that the franchise seems to take inspiration from, but all the cases were ridiculously easy, characters were walking gimmicks and the ending felt like it came out of nowhere. Good concept, horrible execution.

To top this all off, the anime is a really poor adaption with no production values by a director I generally hate. So yeah, I don't understand its popularity either.

I hear DR V3 is really good though.
Feb 2, 2019 6:00 AM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
This anime sucked, games or no games.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Feb 2, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2015
The games are really good, and because of the game's popularity, they made an anime which in turn became popular, but it was disliked very much so the didn't make the second one.
Jun 24, 2020 6:58 AM
Jun 2020
Well, I really like Danganronpa because of the characters and the story.
They make really good characters which make you get attached to them and then you see them die, but what more important is is the story.
It is quite original if you think about it. But the anime adaptation was trash. The games are way better, you should play all of the games and then try to judge it.
Jul 13, 2020 10:36 AM
Jul 2020
the games are way better.
Aug 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Mar 2016
Play the game, you'll understand soon enough
Aug 25, 2020 7:01 PM
May 2019
I kinda prefer the game than anime ( danganronpa) mabye because it's more interesting for me

(I haven't played that game, I just watch gameplay in YouTube and sorry if is unrelated topic)
Oct 17, 2020 10:36 PM
Oct 2020
I started playing danganronpa because my friend told me to play. i just finished all the games and animes. I really love it i like the plot and the story. I love the character design as well. there is so many youtubers been playing danganronpa today.
Nov 24, 2020 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
garbage straight up grabage it was like they showed you re:zero episode 15 with showing previous 14 episodes(still stand alone ep 15 death was way better)
Dec 3, 2020 1:07 AM
Dec 2020
I respect your opinion too, I will be honest that the anime adaptation is garbage but for me All three games that I've played are really enjoyable. There are a lot of plot twists I did not expect and MOST characters are actually well written. Even tho I was already spoiled with the whole entire plot I still did not get why I enjoyed the game myself. But I'm a type of person who can just enjoy almost anything so I'm not sure if my opinion Is actually valid or not.
Oct 15, 2021 7:57 PM
Dec 2017
cute girls a death game storyline trippy art what more can u ask 4?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.