Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2008 2:58 AM
Sep 2007
I'm a bastard this is just wow, how stupid can you be, this is why the U.S can't have nice stuff.
Hi
Mar 11, 2008 3:31 AM
Sep 2007
Neverender said:
wtfyourface said:
My reaction to reading this makes me a bad person.
Mar 11, 2008 3:35 AM

Oct 2006
Mizore said:
Meta-Ridley said:
In most situations I wouldn't laugh at other people's deaths, but I show no compassion for those stupid enough to try something like that kid did. He asked to be buried head first in the sand. That's called natural selection, and the kid deserves to be laughed at.

Listen to this man!

/nods
Mar 11, 2008 3:42 AM

Oct 2007
He should have sticked to imitate Kakashi and read perverted stuff. ( °°)
Mar 11, 2008 3:49 AM
Feb 2008
Approximately 149,999 other people died on that same day.
Mar 11, 2008 4:27 AM

Jul 2007
omg guys.... HE WAS A KID!!
Yeah it wasnt smart but still... Dunno i cant say im pissed about the comments here either if u laughed or u actually felt sad its just that i find it a little strange with all these reactions.Imo u cant feel happy or laugh with other ppl misfortunes... That means u have many problems irl.Also i find it starnge if u say that its sad.U cant feel sad for some1 that u dont know never seen and hes like in the other edge of the world.Children die everyday thats just facts.U should worry more about the children that cant eat but u can help them than 1 random unlucky accident that nothing can be done about it.That was totally that boys parents fault for not paying attention to him and not Naruto or something else.
Mar 11, 2008 4:34 AM

Jul 2007
4chan killed my emotions, now I am a senseless, uncaring monster.

Mar 11, 2008 4:40 AM

Dec 2007
lOl
Mar 11, 2008 4:42 AM

Dec 2007
my reaction:

Mar 11, 2008 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
Iriya said:
I like how a kid dies and everyone lols.

Palsa-San said:
I think its the kids that buried him who are to blame.
I'm kind of curious if it really was His idea in the first place.
Either way, its still manslaughter.

Everyone's laughing not just because they lack empathy but because everyone's too quick to believe this kid suddenly burst into a room with his friends and went "Hey guys, I got an awesome idea! Bury my head in the sand like that Naruto kid!"

Please, it went more like this: everyone in the room actually hated the kid, partly because of jealousy because the kid had already been on TV on a cooking show, so to continue their harrasment of him, they went: "Hey guys, wouldnt it be funny if we buried his head in the sand like that Naruto kid! Haha, lets do it, c'mere kid!"

Kid died, everyone lied.

Manslaughter indeed. Just my opinion though, I'm no detective. :(
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 11, 2008 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
My thoughts & prayers go out to his friends and family. May he Rest in peace.

Requal said:
Approximately 149,999 other people died on that same day.
Yeah, thanks for the statistics.
Mar 11, 2008 4:51 AM

Feb 2007
Cihan said:

Manslaughter indeed. Just my opinion though, I'm no detective. :(

This sounds like a job for Neuro! Of course, he wouldn't get pass the school gate to investiagte another pointless mystery because the media would tackle him to the ground and accuse him of attempting to cause more harm.

Yeah, it is sad that a kid like this died for such a silly reason. R.I.P, 10 Year-Old Naruto victim.

This better not appear on Good News Week's Strange But True section.
Mar 11, 2008 6:18 AM

Jan 2008
How could this kind of incident happened ?Anyway,it sounded ridiculous!

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Mar 11, 2008 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
I could say that I am saddened by the whole thing but this tragic event just doesn't make me feel anything. I'm so jaded by the world that this doesn't even surprise me.
Forum signatures are annoying.
Mar 11, 2008 7:00 AM

Apr 2007
Darwin Award _O-
Mar 11, 2008 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
Oh great! Here comes the MAN(Mother's Against Naruto)

Mar 11, 2008 7:39 AM

Sep 2007
Heh, maybe he should have been watching Death Note instead.
Mar 11, 2008 8:59 AM

Oct 2006
I'm not really sure how to respond to all of this. On the one hand, the thought of someone burying themselves head-first in the sand intentionally is disturbingly amusing, and on the other hand any needless death (even due to extreme stupidity) is tragic, especially when the life lost is that of a child. But even if it is tragic, I don't know the kid or his family, so I don't feel anything at all. It always bothers me a bit how people get so worked up over tragedies that get major news coverage and couldn't care less about the ones that don't.

So yeah, my only real interest in all this beyond the whole sociology standpoint is what sort of anti-anime spin the media will put on the whole issue, like they always do with video games - how they'll continue to fabricate excuses for parents' not taking the time to teach their plenty-old-enough children the difference between fantasy and reality and the difference between right and wrong, and for being too lazy to pay any attention to how their kids spend their time, what they watch, etc. Even the best and most attentive parents can't guarantee that their child won't end up in some absurd accident or that they'll turn out as a respectable adult, but I'm damn tired of modern society making so many excuses for people who think television and video games are viable substitutes for parenting.
Mar 11, 2008 9:15 AM
Jul 2007
Hmm... Desert Coffin, indeed.
Mar 11, 2008 10:33 AM

Oct 2007
Chicken008 said:

That would be safer, since they would write and write but nothing would happen :P
Mar 11, 2008 10:34 AM

Mar 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Chicken008 said:

That would be safer, since they would write and write but nothing would happen :P

Unless they got the real deal O_o

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 11, 2008 10:36 AM

Oct 2007
kurotsuki said:
Friendlysoul said:
Chicken008 said:

Which would never happen!
Mar 11, 2008 10:37 AM

Dec 2007
This news is so stupid. Kids these days should know the difference between real and not...

Mar 11, 2008 10:39 AM

Oct 2007
Mar 11, 2008 10:39 AM

Dec 2007
I honestly wouldn't have thought most sandboxes would be deep enough to bury someone in head first (let alone head-to-chest) :|
Mar 11, 2008 10:41 AM

Mar 2007
Friendlysoul said:
kurotsuki said:
Friendlysoul said:
Chicken008 said:

Which would never happen!

Until Ryuk pops out of nowhere and drops a death note out of boredom o_O .
( quite like how bored i am right now =/)
in any case..
I am still waiting for someone to show me in which part of naruto someone was buried Head first ( and actually became a "sand ninja" after).

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 11, 2008 10:45 AM

Sep 2007
Fate-sama said:
This news is so stupid. Kids these days should know the difference between real and not...

Kids these days are having sex at a younger age than usual. I really think their perception of reality is a little off at this point.
Mar 11, 2008 10:51 AM

Oct 2007
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Kids these days are having sex at a younger age than usual. I really think their perception of reality is a little off at this point.

Ohhhhhhh :P harsh words, i like!
Mar 11, 2008 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Not all kids, though ;)

Mar 11, 2008 11:01 AM
Dec 2007
inugami said:
Everybody, do the Orochimaru!

Oh dear... lol

Krelian said:
I'm not really sure how to respond to all of this. On the one hand, the thought of someone burying themselves head-first in the sand intentionally is disturbingly amusing, and on the other hand any needless death (even due to extreme stupidity) is tragic, especially when the life lost is that of a child. But even if it is tragic, I don't know the kid or his family, so I don't feel anything at all. It always bothers me a bit how people get so worked up over tragedies that get major news coverage and couldn't care less about the ones that don't.

So yeah, my only real interest in all this beyond the whole sociology standpoint is what sort of anti-anime spin the media will put on the whole issue, like they always do with video games - how they'll continue to fabricate excuses for parents' not taking the time to teach their plenty-old-enough children the difference between fantasy and reality and the difference between right and wrong, and for being too lazy to pay any attention to how their kids spend their time, what they watch, etc. Even the best and most attentive parents can't guarantee that their child won't end up in some absurd accident or that they'll turn out as a respectable adult, but I'm damn tired of modern society making so many excuses for people who think television and video games are viable substitutes for parenting.

I like your ideas, where can i subscribe to your newsletter? =)
raychel923Mar 11, 2008 11:04 AM
Mar 11, 2008 11:01 AM

Sep 2007
Fate-sama said:
Friendlysoul said:
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Not all kids, though ;)

True. And I wasn't trying to be harsh, thanks.
Mar 11, 2008 11:02 AM
Aug 2007
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:
Friendlysoul said:
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Not all kids, though ;)

No, you were pretty much on the mark. :3
Mar 11, 2008 11:03 AM

Oct 2007
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:
Friendlysoul said:
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Not all kids, though ;)

I agree as well... as you can see i am still alive :P And i watched Superman the series as a kid :P
Mar 11, 2008 11:26 AM
Jul 2007
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

........Because sex isn't... real?
Mar 11, 2008 11:29 AM

Oct 2006
I don't really see how sex relates to any of this. I mean, it doesn't have much of anything to do with perception of reality that I can see. Lack of parenting, perhaps, but having sex or not doesn't really affect your ability to see that burying your head in the sand is a bad idea.

raychel923 said:
I like your ideas, where can i subscribe to your newsletter? =)

If I start one I'll be sure to let you know =P
Mar 11, 2008 11:42 AM

Feb 2007
accela said:
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

apparently not to anime fans :P
Mar 11, 2008 12:02 PM
Nov 2007
Iriya said:
Fate-sama said:

Well actually the numbers show that there isn't that much of a difference. Especially when you take the changes in modern times into account. Anyway hope Hillary isn't going to try to ban Anime too now next to the games she already wants to ban. XD
Mar 11, 2008 12:03 PM

Sep 2007
No, I'm just basically saying it's stupid to assume kids should be expected to know what they should or shouldn't do.
Mar 11, 2008 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
stupid.

Mar 11, 2008 12:08 PM
Jul 2007
selective_yellow said:
accela said:

apparently not to anime fans :P

Indeed!
Mar 11, 2008 12:10 PM
Nov 2007
Iriya said:
No, I'm just basically saying it's stupid to assume kids should be expected to know what they should or shouldn't do.
So your saying the need something like parenting to show them how to act sometimes? interesting XD
Mar 11, 2008 12:21 PM

Oct 2007
This is one long Threat... :P
Moment of silence for the Naruto-kid (since noone seems to know his name)
Mar 11, 2008 12:26 PM

Apr 2007
Friendlysoul said:
This is one long Threat... :P
Moment of silence for the Naruto-kid (since noone seems to know his name)

Codey Porter lol

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Mar 11, 2008 1:06 PM

Apr 2007
Wow, kids in my state are apparently complete idiots >.>
Mar 11, 2008 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
Now if only all the other Narutards would follow this kid's example...

Mar 11, 2008 4:13 PM
Mar 2008
lol xD
Try that at home kids xP
Mar 11, 2008 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
wow. i just feel bad. I mean yea its stupid but i feel bad that the kid died from it
reminds me of the story i heard a long time ago about the kid who jumped off a building while calling "Nimbus" (the cloud from DBZ) and died. i have a feeling that this happened in japan though.
Mar 11, 2008 4:52 PM

May 2007
so where are the people imitating persona and its evokers? 8D Still looking for kids who think they can summon persona by shooting their head.
Mar 11, 2008 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
Tiamat said:
P.S. - ...Who makes sandboxes deep enough to bury a 10-YEAR OLD boy...?

They said it was only his head, lol :P
Mar 11, 2008 5:50 PM

Dec 2007
inugami said:
Everybody, do the Orochimaru!

O.o lol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
7 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.