Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 5:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Seems like serves could be a deciding factor in this first half of the match. Inarizaki has the lead against Karasuno for now but I think they still have a chance.

After all, Saeko is back :D
Apr 20, 2017 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
Inarizaki building up momentum. Lots of cheering going on.

Saeko Nee-San is here. This is going to get loud.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Nov 2016
As I thought the cheering squad is trouble and the first big hurdle which must be overcome to win this game.

Luckily Saeko nee-san is back to make some noise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2017 6:58 AM

Dec 2015
OFCOURSE! Saeko ne san would save the day! Ofcourse she would've brought her god damn cool drums with her! I mean what is that epic training she had for huh? haha! Furudate sensei did you plan this all along?

I'm sure She's going to blast Inarizaki's orchestra with her epic beat! can't wait to hear this in the anime.

And awww baby crows on the last page!
and Noya's so adorable! wearing a paper hat and holding a stick with a doggie. that is sooo like him!
QueenSapphireApr 20, 2017 7:03 AM
Apr 20, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
I can understand that cheering can be distracting, but come on. It can't be that bad. Not to mention, Shiratorizawa had a strong cheering squad, but Karasuno wasn't fazed at all by it.

Also, I forgot that the Nationals were at Tokyo, so Saeko can't be at every match. Feels weird, almost.
Apr 20, 2017 7:33 AM
Mar 2016
yhunata said:
I can understand that cheering can be distracting, but come on. It can't be that bad. Not to mention, Shiratorizawa had a strong cheering squad, but Karasuno wasn't fazed at all by it.

Also, I forgot that the Nationals were at Tokyo, so Saeko can't be at every match. Feels weird, almost.

That's the thing, they don't believe the cheering itself is bad. That's easy to overcome. It's how Inarizaki's cheer squad goes about cheering. The way they use rhythm to their advantage can't hurt a team not used to it. It's like when you're dancing the beat affects how you move whether you know it or not. It can throw you off of your natural rhythm if you haven't played with it. It's forcing Karasuno to be more on the defensive.

Can't wait to see how Saeko nee-san helps flip the script.
Apr 20, 2017 11:58 PM

Mar 2012
LONEwolfpack78 said:
yhunata said:

That's the thing, they don't believe the cheering itself is bad. That's easy to overcome. It's how Inarizaki's cheer squad goes about cheering. The way they use rhythm to their advantage can't hurt a team not used to it. It's like when you're dancing the beat affects how you move whether you know it or not. It can throw you off of your natural rhythm if you haven't played with it. It's forcing Karasuno to be more on the defensive.

Pretty much this. People all have their natural rhythm or routines to how they do certain actions, especially when they are the initiator of said action. The serve is an action that is started by players. Hence, the way the Inarizaki cheer squad is cheering is intentionally trying to make the Karasuno players rush or simply deviate from their normal serve routine and timing, leading to potentially more unforced errors. While Karasuno has easily gotten used to regular cheering/booing, this rhythm disruption tactic is a different monster.
Apr 21, 2017 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
SAEKO'S OUTFIT OML. I have a cosplay NEED.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 22, 2017 12:34 AM

Jan 2016
Baby Nishinoya and Hinata are so cute <3
Apr 25, 2017 7:40 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know why but I think there's gonna be a confrontation between tanaka & noya vs sakusa & komori from itachiyama
Feb 12, 2018 8:10 AM

Nov 2017
Kid Hinata is so cute. :D Nice extra at the end. :)
Hope they can overcome the beat imposed on them by the other team's cheering squad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.