Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2017 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As expected no job or skills descriptions.
The skills and technical aspects of the game was neglected.
Welp that was expected.. guess they can't go into too much details with these small fights.
Too bad non-readers will only see how op Ye Xiu is but not know how difficult the dungeon actually is without explanations.
But still should have at least told the lvls of the boss (should be around 23) so we could have the rough estimation. =3=
They are really trying to push through these parts so they could quickly get into the real action behind.
I expected Yue He to have a longer hairstyle for his character lol.

That slide under the belly was awesome.. suppose to witch into a gun tho.
The first team battle against the hidden spider boss was actually to show his knowledge and tactical strength.
It's a pity they had to mix in directions in the middle of the fight.. a bit messy.

I still like the background and settings.. really nicely adapted.
Ahhh finally the moment to announce his retirement from the stage of pro gaming.
That was quite touching..

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
ShockedJun 18, 2017 9:44 PM
Apr 7, 2017 12:20 AM

Feb 2014
Honestly really liked it minus the combat. Maybe I am wrong and I just have a different visual in my mind of how the combos and what not work but it didnt appear like they were having any of the technical part of the game included in the anime which is kinda sad :*(

O and the OP/ED are amazing.
PannucciApr 7, 2017 12:23 AM
Apr 7, 2017 12:49 AM

Dec 2009
I'm liking the OP/ED, and yeah the MickeyD's product placement... xP

Anyway, I forgot how soft and methodical Ye Qiu's hand speed was, kinda hypnotic. will need to catch up again, been months since I last read this xD

The use of CG for background characters does reinforce the whole traditional MMO feel though.

Also Ye Qiu is such a troll, and BA. :D

I wonder how much Tencent invested in this and how long they can keep the Ufotable battle scene quality. Considering the Chinese doesn't use the whole Japanese committee system to fund animation...

Also yeah, I guess they won't get highly technical considering time and adaptation constraints.
Apr 7, 2017 1:02 AM

May 2008
Another good episode. Some reuse scenes from the PV like the first episode. (not a big deal)

But yea, they skipped the technical detail of the game.

Little Moon Moon failed at getting our MC killed XD.
Apr 7, 2017 1:08 AM

Dec 2009
That retirement scene was quite touching. Reminds me of reading the first chapter of Overlord
Apr 7, 2017 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
Well based on the reception though I am pretty sure that we have a very high chance of a second season so at least some good news on that front. the amount of hype for this in China is huge!
Apr 7, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2008
Pannucci said:
Well based on the reception though I am pretty sure that we have a very high chance of a second season so at least some good news on that front. the amount of hype for this in China is huge!

Nice, hopefully we don't have to wait long for next season.
Apr 7, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
From the looks of it this anime is mostly targeted for those that would have already read the novel.
Apr 7, 2017 1:25 AM

Feb 2014
echiomega said:
Pannucci said:

Nice, hopefully we don't have to wait long for next season.

Agreed, especially since it looks like they are going to do it right and take it slow instead of just trying to rush to the good parts. I honestly really hope season 1 doesnt go past Wang Jiexi duel. I think at this pace it wont but they might skip some character development so we dont know.
Apr 7, 2017 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
Lambdaa- said:
From the looks of it this anime is mostly targeted for those that would have already read the novel.

Yea not that surprising since the novel is already complete. Its not like standard anime that is aired to promote a mangas sales. Its a famous complete novel that they are animating to try to promote Chinese anime or at least thats what appears like to me.
Apr 7, 2017 1:40 AM

May 2008
Pannucci said:

Agreed, especially since it looks like they are going to do it right and take it slow instead of just trying to rush to the good parts. I honestly really hope season 1 doesnt go past Wang Jiexi duel. I think at this pace it wont but they might skip some character development so we dont know.

I see, that's good to hear.
At least so far it looks good (since I've only read the manga)

Pannucci said:
Lambdaa- said:

Yea not that surprising since the novel is already complete. Its not like standard anime that is aired to promote a mangas sales. Its a famous complete novel that they are animating to try to promote Chinese anime or at least thats what appears like to me.

Yea, looks like it. The original novel hosting site plan on subbing.

It's definitely a win-win situation for tencent. A established story to make money with and use it to level up their animation quality.
echiomegaApr 7, 2017 1:45 AM
Apr 7, 2017 1:51 AM

Feb 2014
yea I hope so, I really like it so far, also you really should read the novel :p I cant say for sure its better since I havent read the manga either but since its sooo detailed I assume its better. Its actually incredibly detailed novel which is one of the main reasons I love the story sooo much
Apr 7, 2017 1:54 AM

May 2008
Pannucci said:
yea I hope so, I really like it so far, also you really should read the novel :p I cant say for sure its better since I havent read the manga either but since its sooo detailed I assume its better. Its actually incredibly detailed novel which is one of the main reasons I love the story sooo much

I kinda want to start, but then I'll catch up to the translation and will have to wait...
Also, now that the anime is out I kinda don't want to spoil it lol. (very conflicted..)
Apr 7, 2017 2:06 AM

Feb 2014
echiomega said:
Pannucci said:

I kinda want to start, but then I'll catch up to the translation and will have to wait...
Also, now that the anime is out I kinda don't want to spoil it lol. (very conflicted..)

Ah is the manga not that far? I understand not ruining the anime, you could just read the novel though up to the anime. For instance after episode 2 that makes it through chapter 23. Just stop and read to the point of where the anime leaves off. Realistically if they do it correctly and maximize the anime (which means slow it down a little bit after this season since this is a test season in a lot of ways, it can reach probably close to 150 episodes for the anime. However they can rush it out and get it done in probably 50) Assuming they take the long route though it will probably be 5-6 years before they are done animating it completely and there is 0 chance u hold off on the novel for that long :p
Apr 7, 2017 2:33 AM

May 2008
Pannucci said:

Ah is the manga not that far? I understand not ruining the anime, you could just read the novel though up to the anime. For instance after episode 2 that makes it through chapter 23. Just stop and read to the point of where the anime leaves off. Realistically if they do it correctly and maximize the anime (which means slow it down a little bit after this season since this is a test season in a lot of ways, it can reach probably close to 150 episodes for the anime. However they can rush it out and get it done in probably 50) Assuming they take the long route though it will probably be 5-6 years before they are done animating it completely and there is 0 chance u hold off on the novel for that long :p

Yea, the manga is pretty slow. I'm only up to the part where he fight the Blood Gunner which is shown in the PV.

That's a pretty good idea to read and see what's missing. I might do it when the anime is over, that way I won't accidentally read ahead...
Apr 7, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
Maybe somewhere I can see the schedule of the series? I can not understand on what days it goes and how often :(((((
Apr 7, 2017 9:09 AM
Nov 2016
Anita_Blake said:
Maybe somewhere I can see the schedule of the series? I can not understand on what days it goes and how often :(((((

It start airing on April 7 12:00 GMT +8:00, first episode is free, second episode open to paid user and will be free next week. Official Eng sub will be upload on Youtube a few hours later. Episodes will come out weekly.
Apr 7, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2017
Laines said:
Anita_Blake said:

It start airing on April 7 12:00 GMT +8:00, first episode is free, second episode open to paid user and will be free next week. Official Eng sub will be upload on Youtube a few hours later. Episodes will come out weekly.

Thank you! ♥ So, there will be one series per week and it will be published on Fridays?
Apr 7, 2017 11:42 AM
Feb 2017
The OP sounds pretty relaxing for an eSports anime.
Apr 7, 2017 4:27 PM

Jul 2013
Blue River looks a lot different compared to the manga version. Poor guy though haha... Ye Xiu is such a troll.

I hope we'll get to meet Huang ShaoTian in this anime!
Apr 7, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
ders a lot of liking here. no eng sub?
Apr 7, 2017 8:06 PM

May 2008
animeBee1ver said:

No English sub yet. Everyone watched the raw, the sub should be out later on though.
Apr 7, 2017 8:43 PM
Nov 2012
Ahhhhhhh! I've been so excited for the release! Blue river looks a bit odd, but otherwise, it's great! As everyone said before the cgi of the background chars are a bit odd, but it's not really the worst I've seen.

I didn't even notice that it wasn't subbed lol
Apr 8, 2017 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
SkyFullOfStars said:
Blue River looks a lot different compared to the manga version. Poor guy though haha... Ye Xiu is such a troll.
I hope we'll get to meet Huang ShaoTian in this anime!

Yeah, really looking forward to seeing Huang SaouTian animated. The PV really hyped me up.
Btw took me a second to register who was Blue River, not used to reading literal translation of the names.
I kinda pity that guy man lmao.
Apr 8, 2017 10:42 AM
Jul 2018

They're giving a realistic look to the characters in-game and this is incorrect as they're virtual.
In LH I had the impression that they gave the characters a less realistic design as to be in accordance with this -- while realistic in the flashbacks of the real world.

Another problem for me is the instanced game they appear to be playing. It's just a lesser experience to have those places so unconnected to each other -- making the game world (or more like, hub) appear not-alive. It also doesn't even appears to have a main story (and the monsters slew weren't even given lore). He just appears in a zone and slays stuff. It...made me wonder how could he love such a game... But yeah, I think he only loves his character...and the gear that goes along -- for making him more competent. (It's interesting because it was implied to me that he only likes that weapon he got for the young him having liked -- for the nostalgia.) It's all just shallow, than otherwise possible.
removed-userApr 8, 2017 10:46 AM
Apr 8, 2017 11:49 AM
Jul 2016
How can you guys give your views-? It's still not subbed. This is fucking madness. I'm outaa here
Apr 8, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
SammykonUniqo said:
How can you guys give your views-? It's still not subbed. This is fucking madness. I'm outaa here

I understand chinese so I can watch it raw, plus the novel and the manhua was out for a while and I've read those.
The subs were out on kissanime more than an hour ago.
Apr 8, 2017 4:36 PM
Jul 2015
Wow, a chinese anime that I don't need sub and amazing at the same time.
Looking forward for episode 3.
Apr 8, 2017 6:07 PM
Apr 2017
i completlely love it
Apr 8, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2015
echiomega said:
animeBee1ver said:

No English sub yet. Everyone watched the raw, the sub should be out later on though.

nyc. tnx 4 d resp.........................
Apr 9, 2017 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
Seeing the first episode i got greedy, then noticed yet second is not subbed, so now waiting and checking nyaa lol :O. I still need to adjust with the language, but not bad.
The spider is watching
Apr 9, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
Lambdaa- said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Actually there is skill descriptions. Just a lot of them at a go written on a "card", and in chinese.

Apr 9, 2017 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Chiyousagi said:

Actually there is skill descriptions. Just a lot of them at a go written on a "card", and in chinese.

Lmao, well yeah but we won't know much just given the written description anyway. Like which skills were used during fights for instance the skills each of them used that had stunning effects on the boss except some particular ones like the ninja clone this episode.
Apr 9, 2017 11:21 AM
Apr 2017
animeBee1ver said:
echiomega said:

nyc. tnx 4 d resp.........................

https://www.masterani.me/anime/watch/2551-quan-zhi-gao-shou/1
Apr 14, 2017 12:38 AM

Feb 2015
Episode sold me on this. Loving it. That retirement scene was done so well.

Lol they changed the character style for blue moon? He had long hair in the manhua I believe. Still cute though.
Apr 14, 2017 1:14 AM
Nov 2015
Lambdaa- said:
Chiyousagi said:

Lmao, well yeah but we won't know much just given the written description anyway. Like which skills were used during fights for instance the skills each of them used that had stunning effects on the boss except some particular ones like the ninja clone this episode.

now we need chinese translator ASAP !!!!

Apr 14, 2017 1:55 AM
Apr 2017
rayeine said:
Episode sold me on this. Loving it. That retirement scene was done so well.

Lol they changed the character style for blue moon? He had long hair in the manhua I believe. Still cute though.

Hey, I'm wondering where everyone is able to watch this episode. Would love to know what site even if there are no subs!
Apr 14, 2017 1:56 AM

Aug 2013
Bonsaix18 said:
Hey, I'm wondering where everyone is able to watch this episode. Would love to know what site even if there are no subs!
Try waiting a little while longer, Bayi Subs are working on this episode. Should be out soon.

You can watch the raw on anime streaming sites like 9anime.
Apr 14, 2017 6:24 AM
May 2009
Subs are out.

Even though they are skimming the detailed gaming info the pacing doesn't feel rushed at all. I have high hopes for this adaptation.
Apr 14, 2017 7:54 AM

Sep 2009
Lambdaa- said:

Better that way; setting aside a large block of time to explain things kills plot flow.
Ah, his APM looks really low :3 Needs to be more realistic, watch dem starcraft pros

Now that I think about it, the realistic looking CGI looks a bit weird with the animated characters.
MortalMelancholyApr 14, 2017 8:00 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 14, 2017 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
MortalMelancholy said:
Lambdaa- said:

Better that way; setting aside a large block of time to explain things kills plot flow.
Ah, his APM looks really low :3 Needs to be more realistic, watch dem starcraft pros

Now that I think about it, the realistic looking CGI looks a bit weird with the animated characters.
It is better to progress the plot as an anime, just a pity some cool mechanics that shows how strong the mc actually is not due to the weapon but because of his skills and experience are omitted. There's a good reason why nobody can play the job route the mc chose well other than him.
Apr 14, 2017 8:45 AM

Aug 2008
japzone said:
Subs are out.

Even though they are skimming the detailed gaming info the pacing doesn't feel rushed at all. I have high hopes for this adaptation.

really?
on nyaa haven't found them o.o
The spider is watching
Apr 14, 2017 8:53 AM

Feb 2015
Bonsaix18 said:
I'm Chinese so I just watched the raw on one of the Chinese video sharing sites. I'd give a link but I think you have to be registered.
Apr 14, 2017 8:58 AM
May 2009
dany_elle1908 said:
japzone said:
Subs are out.

really?

The fansub group posted it to their Discord, don't know how long until they'll add them to Nyaa.
Apr 14, 2017 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
japzone said:
dany_elle1908 said:

really?

The fansub group posted it to their Discord, don't know how long until they'll add them to Nyaa.

good to know thank you...
The spider is watching
Apr 14, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2008
dany_elle1908 said:
japzone said:

It's up on Nyaa now: "[BayiSubs] The King's Avatar - 02 [1080p]"
Apr 14, 2017 9:13 AM
Apr 2017
echiomega said:
dany_elle1908 said:

Is this download only?
Apr 14, 2017 9:23 AM
May 2009
Bonsaix18 said:
echiomega said:

Is this download only?

Nyaa is Torrent downloads. Direct downloads are posted to their Discord. "Unofficial" streaming sites will probably pick it up by the end of the day.
Apr 14, 2017 9:32 AM

Aug 2008
japzone said:
Bonsaix18 said:

Is this download only?

Nyaa is Torrent downloads. Direct downloads are posted to their Discord. "Unofficial" streaming sites will probably pick it up by the end of the day.

and dowloaded it :O yay at last i have something to watch today
The spider is watching
Apr 14, 2017 9:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was brilliant. The animation when he fought the hidden boss spider was crazy.

Music also fits so well, very epic style.

That retirement scene was great, very well done. I think, it shows that the guy who dumped him knows how much of a contribution Ye Qiu gave to GLORY.

I'm fully onboard with this, may this train go very far.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

62 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 17, 2022 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.