Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2017 4:56 PM

Aug 2016
Title Say's it all.

My Girlfriend is currently pressuring me to watch Bleach at the moment - though not for the reasons you think. So I'm just wondering if it's worth it. 400 episodes (well, close too) is a lot of time and commitment.

P.S The reason why she is pressuring me to watch it because she notice's every time I start a long running series, the creator or company announce it will come to an end soon - which I'll be honest - I've noticed that to with lots of series I've watched. She thinks if I start Bleach they'll announce the final Arc will be adapted into Anime form. Hey! Anything is possible, right!?

So... yeah.... Anyway.... Worth it?
Apr 3, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 2016
Read the manga. it's a lot quicker that way and the art is far more consistently good. plus no filler.
Apr 3, 2017 5:00 PM
Oct 2016
If you're into anime's that last a long time.... Then yeah go for it, but it kinda depends what you're into and what you enjoy.

Anime's Similiar: HxH, Naruto, and even one piece.

Everyone has their genre's and what they like, so if you enjoy action packed anime's then heck yeah.
Apr 3, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2012
Aann said:
Title Say's it all.

My Girlfriend is currently pressuring me to watch Bleach at the moment - though not for the reasons you think. So I'm just wondering if it's worth it. 400 episodes (well, close too) is a lot of time and commitment.

P.S The reason why she is pressuring me to watch it because she notice's every time I start a long running series, the creator or company announce it will come to an end soon - which I'll be honest - I've noticed that to with lots of series I've watched. She thinks if I start Bleach they'll announce the final Arc will be adapted into Anime form. Hey! Anything is possible, right!?

Watch the first 63 episodes, then drop it. The first 63 episodes are a decent watch, but anything beyond that gets ruined by crappy filler, and filler breaking up the rest of the arcs. If you must watch the rest of it, go to: here and skip the filler. There are some mildly entertaining filler arcs but honestly most of them aren't worth it. Also the first 63 episodes were actually somewhat well written for Kubo's standards. The series peaks there imo.
Apr 3, 2017 5:07 PM

Jan 2017
Trying to be as unbiased as possible - I think it is completely worth it. There are a LOT of filler episodes however, there are guides out there that tell you how to watch it without the fillers. Personally I enjoy the fillers because I find them funny but that is an extremely unpopular opinion, lol. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that a lot of people find Bleach repetitive. Even though I sincerely enjoyed Bleach, I have to agree with that sentiment. Regardless though - I think it is worth it.

im weeb trash

Apr 3, 2017 5:08 PM
Jul 2016
Also, without too many spoilers, Bleach loveslovesloves to introduce new characters on the side and then forget about the last batches of characters it introduced, so every few dozen chapters the cast will balloon in size and then (much like a real balloon most of that expansion will just leak away without rhyme nor reason
Apr 3, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
Yes.

Bleach is definitely worth drinking watching.

Same thing.
Apr 3, 2017 5:11 PM

Jul 2015
I'd do it solely because your girlfriend wants you to.
Apr 3, 2017 5:28 PM

May 2015
Nowadays, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After SS arc everything is a waste of time, and it hurts me to say that.
Apr 3, 2017 5:36 PM

Dec 2016
Id say hell yes but im definitely biased when it comes to Bleach. Its one of my favorites. Give it a chance, if you dont like it then drop it. Easy as that.
Apr 3, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2016
You can do it for some epic action however, that's all Bleach has to offer—neverending battles with a directionless plot.
Apr 3, 2017 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
Watch it, just make sure you don't drop it after the firs few episodes. it gets good after episode 10 I think. After the first 63, maybe just skip until the Arancar arc?
Actually, here's a site that explains which episodes are filler so just skip those if you want to save time. http://www.wtfgamersonly.com/bleach-episode-guide-can-skip-filler/

Wish I had this shit when I watched it. . .The first 63 and a few later in Hueco Mundo made it well worth it though.
Apr 3, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2016
Hey, Guys. Thanks for all your replies.

I think I just might watch it... Though not anytime soon. Plus since I'm such a completionist I shan't be skipping the filler - much to my own dismay.
Apr 3, 2017 9:25 PM

Jun 2016
Aann said:
Title Say's it all.

The manga is the better experience. The anime is bloated with fillers (although those can be skillfully avoided), and Studio Pierrot's animation work hasn't exactly aged well.
Apr 3, 2017 9:26 PM

Dec 2016
Taz_ said:
I'd do it solely because your girlfriend wants you to.

Yes...yes....excellent idea XD lol
Apr 3, 2017 9:34 PM

Aug 2007
I can't recommend the entire thing in good conscience (good god is that filler bad), but IMO the first 50 or so episodes are solid. Any of the arcs beyond that, not so much.
Apr 3, 2017 9:36 PM
Jul 2012
First two arcs sure if you like shonen, if you don't midly enjoy it by the first ep or so it's not worth it. Especially the later arcs, like if you're older than 15 you won't care at this point

Just skip the filler, that probably cuts you tons of episodes. Actually even if you don't like it watching it with someone will instantly make it much more bearable

Btw the OST is amazing
Apr 3, 2017 9:36 PM
Feb 2017
the show tanked after the soul society arc.
Apr 3, 2017 9:40 PM
May 2015
If you somehow ignore the cringe moments of Orihime and skip the fillers, then it is worth watching. I read the Manga and only watched the first 20 episodes. I couldn't be bothered going through arcs again especially seeing Orihime in animation..
Apr 3, 2017 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Yes it's worth it, now watch it.
Most of the hate is because it's popular.
Jan 8, 2018 9:43 PM

Oct 2017
ichii_1 said:

Not that popular when both the anime and the manga were cancelled..

People dislike it because it took a nosedive after SS and never fully recovered
Jan 8, 2018 10:30 PM

Sep 2013
Aardwolf94 said:
ichii_1 said:

Not that popular when both the anime and the manga were cancelled.

They weren't cancelled, kubo said he ended the manga like he wanted and the anime ended because shueisha wanted it to.
Jan 8, 2018 10:34 PM

Dec 2017
ichii_1 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

They weren't cancelled, kubo said he ended the manga like he wanted and the anime ended because shueisha wanted it to.

Why you such a fat ass dogo bruh? Too many hot dogs?
Jan 9, 2018 6:17 AM

Oct 2017
ichii_1 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

And Shueisha likes money. If the Bleach anime was more successful they would have kept milking it.

Nope. The last few chapters were a rushed mess with dozens of loose ends that are getting resolved in some damm novels. Not to mention Kubo talked about making this arc longer than the Arrancar one or how he still had 10 years of Bleach left in him (back when it started). There is no way the arc was supposed to end so soon.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit though.
Jan 9, 2018 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
Aardwolf94 said:

And Shueisha likes money. If the Bleach anime was more successful they would have kept milking it.

Nope. The last few chapters were a rushed mess with dozens of loose ends that are getting resolved in some damm novels. Not to mention Kubo talked about making this arc longer than the Arrancar one or how he still had 10 years of Bleach left in him (back when it started). There is no way the arc was supposed to end so soon.

The studio wants to continue it but are getting blocked by shueisha, they hate kubo or bleach for some reason.

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/05/why-did-bleach-end-tite-kubo-injuries/
The ending was abrupt but that intentional and gives a sort of melancholy feeling which I think he was going for so it was good.
Jan 9, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
ichii_1 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

The studio wants to continue it but are getting blocked by shueisha, they hate kubo or bleach for some reason.

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/05/why-did-bleach-end-tite-kubo-injuries/
The ending was abrupt but that intentional and gives a sort of melancholy feeling which I think he was going for so it was good.

The anime had shit ratings and the manga fell in rankings & popularity as well. They don't hate Kubo lol, they just want to make lots of money.

Sounds like a shit excuse to me. Kubo wasted SO many chapters on unnecessary shit & mindless fights and then when the time comes to resolve important things he just ends it. Like wtf.

And it wasn't good, the last chapters have been bashed by most and were awful. Such a shame too since the last arc started out great but Kubo is just a lazy writer sadly.

Aardwolf94Jan 9, 2018 10:21 AM
Jan 9, 2018 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
Aardwolf94 said:

The anime had shit ratings and the manga fell in rankings & popularity as well. They don't hate Kubo lol, they just want to make lots of money.

Sounds like a shit excuse. Kubo wasted SO many chapters on unnecessary shit & mindless fights and then when the time comes to resolve important things he just ends it. Like wtf.

And it wasn't good, the last chapters have been bashed by most. Such a shame too since the last arc started out great but Kubo is just a lazy writer sadly. Still better than the awful Arrancar Arc though

Ratings were still better than most other things airing and the merchandise sales were over a $100 million, the only reason they ended it is that they have a beef against kubo.
Manga rankings were also rigged, the fullbring arc's last chapter was ranked 1st place even beating op/naruto then suddenly went to the bottom ever since.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1289667

Vocal minority haters don't mean anything, fans might be disappointed it wasn't longer but it was still a good ending.
Jan 9, 2018 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
ichii_1 said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Sounds like a shit excuse. Kubo wasted SO many chapters on unnecessary shit & mindless fights and then when the time comes to resolve important things he just ends it. Like wtf.

And it wasn't good, the last chapters have been bashed by most. Such a shame too since the last arc started out great but Kubo is just a lazy writer sadly. Still better than the awful Arrancar Arc though

Ratings were still better than most other things airing and the merchandise sales were over a $100 million, the only reason they ended it is that they have a beef against kubo.
Manga rankings were also rigged, the fullbring arc's last chapter was ranked 1st place even beating op/naruto then suddenly went to the bottom ever since.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1289667

Vocal minority haters don't mean anything, fans might be disappointed it wasn't longer but it was still a good ending.

Its all a conspiracy! Lol. If that makes you feel better believe it but you are really reaching. The more likely thing is that people just stopped caring that much about Bleach and as a result both the anime & manga were cancelled.

Its not a minority when everywhere you go people say how much Bleach sucked and went downhill.

Jan 17, 2018 3:04 PM
Feb 2016
Bleach is an amazing series. All these fanboy morons of other series bashing it need to grow up! Watch it all not just the SS arc. Bleach was part of the Big 3 for a reason and the 1000 Year Blood War Arc was not finished due to Kubo being sick and Jump only giving him 5 weeks to finish. It was supposed to end at Ch.700 but ended up at Ch.686. That said, it is still a great Manga & Anime. Im 38 & have been reading Manga & watching anime ever since it was called Japanimation in the late 80s. Bleach will be animated and finished but know one knows when. Many series have had anime end only to comeback 5-13 years after to finish. Be patient as it will be worth the wait. Bleach Rox!
Jan 19, 2018 2:20 PM

Oct 2017
TaMpAbLaCk said:
Bleach is an amazing series. All these fanboy morons of other series bashing it need to grow up! Watch it all not just the SS arc. Bleach was part of the Big 3 for a reason and the 1000 Year Blood War Arc was not finished due to Kubo being sick and Jump only giving him 5 weeks to finish. It was supposed to end at Ch.700 but ended up at Ch.686. That said, it is still a great Manga & Anime. Im 38 & have been reading Manga & watching anime ever since it was called Japanimation in the late 80s. Bleach will be animated and finished but know one knows when. Many series have had anime end only to comeback 5-13 years after to finish. Be patient as it will be worth the wait. Bleach Rox!

The TYBW arc was a trainwreck. Kubo should have taken a hiatus if he had health problems. As it stands the last part of the war was garbage and didn't answer shit.
Jan 19, 2018 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Aardwolf94 said:
TaMpAbLaCk said:

The TYBW arc was a trainwreck. Kubo should have taken a hiatus if he had health problems. As it stands the last part of the war was garbage and didn't answer shit.
don't you ever get tired of bashing bleach and naruto?
Jan 19, 2018 3:00 PM

Oct 2017
Jack_100HP said:
Aardwolf94 said:

don't you ever get tired of bashing bleach and naruto?

Not the bad aspects of both series. I still enjoyed parts of them but they were wasted potential and disappointing.
Jan 19, 2018 9:07 PM

Aug 2016
Goodness!!! I didn't even realise this topic was even still going. Too cut a long story short - No. I did not watch, Bleach. Nor do I plan on it anytime soon. Thanks for all you guys inputs.

Could a moderator please lock this topic, now. Thanks.
Jan 21, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2017
Aann said:
Goodness!!! I didn't even realise this topic was even still going. Too cut a long story short - No. I did not watch, Bleach. Nor do I plan on it anytime soon. Thanks for all you guys inputs.

Could a moderator please lock this topic, now. Thanks.

you should watch it in the future. your missing out. Now let this post rest in peace

i like avocados on toast 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 29 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 12, 2008

36 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 295 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Swaps4 - Nov 2, 2010

129 by Vash-MBB1 »»
May 7, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 241 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Koko-Bear - Oct 13, 2009

113 by Saki24 »»
May 7, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 337 Discussion

LuffyFoxtrot - Aug 30, 2011

47 by Kid_named_finger »»
May 7, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 342 Discussion ( 1 2 )

K-Shuun - Oct 10, 2011

75 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 6, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.