Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Oct 15, 2014 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22538
Will post sales info of bleach manga sales -

Bleach has 82 million in print in Japan (57 volumes).
http://adnavi.shueisha.co.jp/mediaguide/2014/pdf/boys.pdf

Bleach yearly sales info.

Japan-

2007

Bleach volume #28; 7th place.
http://contents.oricon.co.jp/upimg/news/20071225/50737_200712250114556001198570620b.gif


2008

The following chart covers sales from December 24, 2007 to November 16, 2008.

Bleach takes 5th place by selling 3,161,825 copies.

vol #32; 519,631 (? sales started being reported around this time, incomplete data for vol 32)
vol #33; 802,692
vol #34; 874,153
vol #35; 761,802

Backlog Sales; 203,547 (incomplete data)

2009

The following chart covers sales from November 17, 2008 to November 22, 2009.

Bleach takes 2nd place by selling 6,471,021 copies.

vol.36; 955,085
vol.37; 944,066
vol.38; 888,622
vol.39; 841,028
vol.40; 850,059
vol 41; 738,404

Backlog Sales; 1,253,757

2010

The following chart covers sales from November 23, 2009 to November 21, 2010:

Bleach takes 5th place by selling 5,204,193 copies.

#42; 822,401
#43; 760,433
#44; 780,241
#45; 769,697
#46; 769,271
#47; 690,119

Backlog Sales; 612,031

2011

This list covers sales surveyed from Nov 22nd 2010 - Nov 20th 2011.

Bleach takes 8th place by selling 4,187,258 copies.

vol.48; 845,791
vol.49; 714,990
vol.50; 682,527
vol.51; 630,847
vol.52; 574,504

Backlog Sales; 738,599


vol 48; 690,064
vol 49; 614,822
vol 50; 567,586
vol 51; 544,741
vol 52; 486,948


2012

This list covers sales surveyed from November 21, 2011 to November 18, 2012.

Bleach takes 12th place by selling 2,974,750 copies.

#53; 640,938
#54; 653,085
#55; 742,823
#56; 600,915

Backlog sales; 336,989


Last seen ranking.
#53; 491,289
#54; 528,786
#55; 604,962
#56; 553,110


2013

This list covers sales surveyed from November 19, 2012 to November 17, 2013.

Bleach takes 15th place by selling 2,752,588 copies.

#57; 660,646
#58; 639,122
#59; 627,996
#60; 581,422

Backlog Sales; 243,402


Last seen ranking.
#57; 527,593
#58; 535,500
#59; 529,014
#60; 493,138


2014

This list covers sales surveyed from November 18, 2013 to November 16, 2014.

Bleach takes 18th place by selling 2,986,968 copies.

Vol.61; 624,403
Vol.62; 603,344
Vol.63; 572,656
Vol.64; 532,356
Vol 65; 462,190

Backlog Sales; 192,019


Last seen ranking.
Vol.61; 505,811
Vol.62; 506,795
Vol.63; 487,858
Vol.64; 468,016
Vol 65; 402,025


2015

This list covers sales surveyed from November 17, 2014 - November 22, 2015.

Bleach takes 21th place by selling 2,818,926 copies.

Vol 66. *,565,451
Vol 67. *,533,992
Vol 68. *,505,446
Vol 69. *,488,271
Vol 70. did not appear on the main list (released close to the cutoff date)
But did appear in the later extended list *392,029

Backlog Sales; *,333,737


Last seen ranking.
Vol 66; 488,346
Vol.67; 459,695
vol.68; 436,835
vol.69; 408,468
vol.70; 416,583


2016

This list covers sales surveyed from November 13, 2015 - November 20, 2016.

Bleach takes 17th place by selling 2,253,028 copies.

Vol 71; 494,552
Vol.72; 482,678
Vol 73; 462,832
Vol 74; 420,667 (released close to cut off date)

Backlog Sales; *,392,299


Last seen ranking.
Vol 71; 415,671
Vol.72; 402,316
Vol 73; 387,608
Vol 74; 442,188

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bleach 13 BLADEs (fan book); 62,897 

Novels-

Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.1; 93,319
Bleach: Spirits Are Forever With You vol.2; 63,292
https://myanimelist.net/news/15315519
https://myanimelist.net/news/15433021
https://myanimelist.net/news/15575089
Bleach: The Death Save The Strawberry; 41,109 (first week)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=490447
Year End; 55,505
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=526604
------------
France-


-
Bonus) Bleach Anime Sales:
Merchandise (charabiz 2010-2012):

Billion Yen/Million Dollars

2010: 19.4 / 162.7
2011: 16.1 / 135.1
2012: 15.3 /128.4

http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/Bleach

Sold more than yugoih even 1 year after the anime ended (it includes japan).
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/03-1/overseas-sales-help-maker-naruto-tv-tokyos-top-earner-for-2013

Highest rated TV Tokyo show (dated April 2014)
Ben Dalton(TV Tokyo overseas department producer and attends prodution committee meetings).
https://s31.postimg.org/58btoc3pn/M8_To_DS.png

February 23, 2012
Topped the ratings on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim, sold over 1.8 million DVDs and consistently ranked among Hulu’s most watched shows.
This success has further spawned an array of related video games (over 820,000 sold), apparel, action figures, trading cards and other merchandise.
In North America, the manga has sold more than 2.1 million copies across 36 volumes.
https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/1005119

TV rating and manga rankings, credit to whoever compiled them.
http://www.bleachmyasylum.com/showthread.php?1702-Bleach-TV-Ratings-(Which-Episode-do-you-think-should-of-been-rated-higher-or-lower)
http://www.bleachmyasylum.com/showthread.php?2201-WSJ-Bleach-Rankings
Modified by ichii_1, Jan 21, 2017 2:16 PM
 
#2
Oct 16, 2014 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1125
Jizzelle... Best so far obviously.
 
#3
Oct 16, 2014 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1276
i was kinda hoping the title would be smells like semen.

but i guess that would be a little much even for kubo.
 
#4
Oct 16, 2014 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1276
k11chi said:
Jizzelle... Best so far obviously.
k11chi said:
Jizzelle... Best so far obviously.

haha im glad im not the only one that calls her/him that.

I honestly love Giselle. she made bleach interesting again.

then pepe had to ruin it >.<
 
#5
Dec 24, 2014 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4007
Cover for 66:
 
#6
Mar 24, 2015 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22538
Updated with yearly sales info and more volume info

Bleach sales in half year, 2015 Vol 66 and 67 ;)

> Bleach (1,180,388)

1 Vol is 400 yen, so...

1,180,388 x 400= 472,155,200 yens = 3,805,405.66 dollars

Cover for 67:

Kubo shows you his stages of designing a cover.
There's a sketch under there, and the covers are gradually colored in.
Modified by ichii_1, May 31, 2015 3:07 PM
 
#7
Jun 6, 2015 12:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
ichii_1 said:
Updated with yearly sales info and more volume info

Bleach sales in half year, 2015 Vol 66 and 67 ;)

> Bleach (1,180,388)

1 Vol is 400 yen, so...

1,180,388 x 400= 472,155,200 yens = 3,805,405.66 dollars

Cover for 67:

Kubo shows you his stages of designing a cover.
There's a sketch under there, and the covers are gradually colored in.


Thank you for all the information you gathered in this topic. You are my favourite user of all myanimelist. Your efforts for show the true vision of bleach are indeed of a true fan. I consider myself a true fan but I am bit lazy so I didn´t comment much.

In relation to the sales, You average % that a mangaka gain for 1 volume of his manga?
 
#8
Jun 26, 2015 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22538
Shodic said:
Thank you for all the information you gathered in this topic. You are my favourite user of all myanimelist. Your efforts for show the true vision of bleach are indeed of a true fan. I consider myself a true fan but I am bit lazy so I didn´t comment much.

In relation to the sales, You average % that a mangaka gain for 1 volume of his manga?

Thanks, I need to correct all that false info the haters spread :)

It should be 10% per volume sold.

1 volume sells for 400 yen = $3.19
So Kubo gets $ 0.319 per volume

Volume 68 cover
Askin XD
Modified by ichii_1, Oct 27, 2015 1:38 PM
 
#9
Jun 26, 2015 3:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 89
Funny how people say Bleach does poorly but it's sold nearly 3 million volumes each year since the anime ended. That's pretty damn good.

It's averaged ~4 million volumes sold per year since 2008.
 
Jun 26, 2015 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 128
Avaritia- said:
Funny how people say Bleach does poorly but it's sold nearly 3 million volumes each year since the anime ended. That's pretty damn good.

It's averaged ~4 million volumes sold per year since 2008.

Well the anime did end for a reason.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
 
Jun 27, 2015 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 89
TheGreatTiteKubo said:
Avaritia- said:
Funny how people say Bleach does poorly but it's sold nearly 3 million volumes each year since the anime ended. That's pretty damn good.

It's averaged ~4 million volumes sold per year since 2008.

Well the anime did end for a reason.

Well yeah, there wasn't enough content to continue. They either cancel or go with another long filler arc. No matter how good or bad the fillers in Bleach are, it was the right thing for them to stop production.
 
Jun 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 128
Avaritia- said:
TheGreatTiteKubo said:

Well the anime did end for a reason.

Well yeah, there wasn't enough content to continue. They either cancel or go with another long filler arc. No matter how good or bad the fillers in Bleach are, it was the right thing for them to stop production.

Perhaps studio pierrot will animate Bleach after finishing to milk Naruto off lol.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
 
Jun 28, 2015 12:02 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 170
Avaritia- said:
TheGreatTiteKubo said:

Well the anime did end for a reason.

Well yeah, there wasn't enough content to continue. They either cancel or go with another long filler arc. No matter how good or bad the fillers in Bleach are, it was the right thing for them to stop production.

the anime ended because of low ratings and declining merchandise sales
 
Jan 7, 2016 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22538
Was looking at the backlog sales and it looks like bleach had 2 big boost :O
Obviously the one near soul society arc (1st boost), but then it dropped near 2006 to 2008, however it bounced back in mid 2008/2009 (2nd boost).

why the boost again? the turn back the pendulum arc was a huge hit all around and the manga was near the climax of Ichigo and his gangs fights in hueco mundo.

2008 - 203,547 (incomplete data, should be around 600K)
2009 - 1,253,757
2010 - 612,031
2011 - 738,599 (end of the arrancar arc, big start of full bring arc in manga after a 4 week break)
2012 - 336,989 :'(
2013 - 243,402 :'( :'(
2014 - 192,019 :'( :'( :'(
2015 - 333,737 (brave souls game caused a nice boost)

So when the anime comes back is when the 3rd big boost will happen.
Modified by ichii_1, Feb 21, 2016 9:51 PM
 
Dec 3, 2016 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22538
The final bleach vol is out :'(
It has 90 million in print in Japan (vol 1-73), it also has 3 in 1 remix volumes coming out so I think it will pass 100 million in print around 2018 when the live action movie comes out.

Sequel when?
 
Top

Preview MangaManga Store