Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2017 8:19 PM

Nov 2015
why ? waiting 4 years for something was released in the manga in 2013 ?
and I'm not gonna even see anything that was spoiled to me in an anime
they were supposed to make season 2in Spring 2016 but they delayed it saying if they released it last year they could only make 12 Episodes , and now again 12?
I rather waiting another year but a 24 Episodes season
peopleare saying 12 Episodes are better than nothing
well the nothing is better
Mar 30, 2017 8:22 PM

Oct 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
keragamming said:
Honestly, just delay Kabaneri to a later date, not many people would even complain about it, so the second cour can be release faster, if it trully has no chance of coming out in the fall season.

If Wit studio can delay snk one of the biggest anime of this decade, then delaying Kabaneri should be no problem.
I think they have a deal with Noitama or something, and they have to air it at a certain date or it will get delayed way furher than it was supposed to be(Like Saekano Season 2)

then let it happen. lol
Mar 30, 2017 8:33 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
I think they have a deal with Noitama or something, and they have to air it at a certain date or it will get delayed way furher than it was supposed to be(Like Saekano Season 2)

then let it happen. lol
At this rate, we are never going to get a full adaptation of the manga, which sucks, since who likeds getting unfinished Stories in a certain medium?
Sup...
Mar 30, 2017 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
You should read this:

https://twitter.com/Thomasintokyo/status/847616206429224961

Anime industry is slowly dying. It's nearly almost impossible to make 26ep high quality shows. It doesn't pay well, and people putting long hours. People can't afford to live a life with low salary. It totally makes sense after watching the anime Shirobako.

I'm very grateful to the people working on anime in japan, putting long hours with low pay. Providing us entertainment and im thankful for that. Atleast this season of Attack on Titan will be EPIC. Its one of my favorite arcs.

Regardless, I think studios should just worry about their successful ones and stop overproducing anime. The more anime, the great but if the industry is really dying, then focus on the successful ones.

Mar 30, 2017 8:41 PM

Oct 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
keragamming said:

then let it happen. lol
At this rate, we are never going to get a full adaptation of the manga, which sucks, since who likeds getting unfinished Stories in a certain medium?

Nah, its getting a full adaptation. Araki even said it. No matter how long it takes it will eventually get a full adaptation of the manga.
Mar 30, 2017 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Nah, its getting a full adaptation. Araki even said it. No matter how long it takes it will eventually get a full adaptation of the manga.
even in 2023?(this is IF it's going to be like the same pace till it gets till the final arc), sometimes things just don't go as planned...
Sup...
Mar 30, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2016
God damn it. Didn't they tell us a year ago after it was delayed that they were waiting so they could have the same number of arcs as S1? Or did that come from one of those shitty rumor sites? Ugh this is so annoying #firstworldproblems. I'm really not buying all of these excuses over and over from the production team, this has been in pre pro since late 2014, Wit is a much more established studio than they were when they did S1, and they still are having animator shortages on one of the biggest franchises of the decade? I'm not buying it, but if it's true there has got to be some epic mismanagement going on. And that ridiculous apology, lol.
Mar 30, 2017 10:00 PM

Jan 2014
Chill guys, it's just an april fool joke lmao

But still FUCK it all _|_
Mar 30, 2017 10:00 PM

May 2015
this only means less time to waste
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 30, 2017 10:04 PM
Nov 2016
Swagernator said:
There will be significantly less of Mikasa in second season so...

I don't care...

Less Mikasa? She was the only truly likeable character for me. That sucks.

Mar 30, 2017 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
I would've cared more if they canceled it all together.
Mar 30, 2017 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
zachfoss said:
You should read this:

Anime industry is slowly dying. It's nearly almost impossible to make 26ep high quality shows. It doesn't pay well, and people putting long hours. People can't afford to live a life with low salary. It totally makes sense after watching the anime Shirobako.

I'm very grateful to the people working on anime in japan, putting long hours with low pay. Providing us entertainment and im thankful for that. Atleast this season of Attack on Titan will be EPIC. Its one of my favorite arcs.

Regardless, I think studios should just worry about their successful ones and stop overproducing anime. The more anime, the great but if the industry is really dying, then focus on the successful ones.

I understand the principle of this, but absolutely do not agree with it as an excuse. All it does is show that the studios are massively incompotent seeing as they are so obsessed with making crap shows for the sake of it that they forget to prioritise shows like this that bring the money in. If this guy's suggestion about the anime industry dying because of this is true, well, it's their own damn fault based on this.

Seriously, while I'm still excited for this, hearing it's only 12 episodes has massively decreased my hype.
Mar 30, 2017 10:44 PM
Dec 2013
I'm annoyed at this, but I mean it's something, hopefully it reinvigorates the franchise and pushes manga sales... or just anything really. I just want to see this story animated.
Mar 30, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2015
These guys are just fucking trolls man...
Mar 30, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2014
I feel like I'm one of the people who enjoyed the series for what it was, but I'm not all 'up in arms' about SnK S2 being 12 episodes. People should learn to be grateful that this got a second season while other shows don't. It's not the end of the world, so calm your tits everyone.
Mar 31, 2017 12:02 AM

Jan 2014
zachfoss said:
You should read this:

lol no...

Wit Studio is fully aware that Attack On Titan is insanely popular, so they do a split cour on purpose to get more money. From their perspective it's the best option for them as a company

it has nothing to do with what u said in this case
Mar 31, 2017 12:37 AM
Feb 2012
I'd rather take those twelve presumably well-made episodes than have a rushed 2-cour or, worse, nothing at all. Give it time, people, and enjoy the ride.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 31, 2017 12:51 AM

Sep 2013
DoctorWasabi said:

lol no...

Wit Studio is fully aware that Attack On Titan is insanely popular, so they do a split cour on purpose to get more money. From their perspective it's the best option for them as a company

You're going to make that assumption its going to be a split cour? you also have to factor that The Ancient Magus' Bride is coming this fall. So no, I highly doubt its going to be a split cour.

Its pretty obvious AoT is Wit Studio cash cow. I'm not saying it's not Wit Studio fault either.

Mar 31, 2017 2:17 AM

May 2014
Meh, if it means it'll be better than the first season, I'll gladly take it.

I didn't like the second half of the first season anyways, so I have no problems with this being one cour.

Quality over quantity.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Mar 31, 2017 3:11 AM

Apr 2016
It's all a matter of where they want to end the season. The way it looks like, it will be a good ending.

and it probably means they'll do a 2 cour - third season soon after to reach a point around chapter 85.

That could makes sense.

I don't understand though why they prioritized Koutetsujou no Kabaneri over Shingeki no Kyoujin because the latter is their big hit and brings more money. Strange : maybe they didn't anticipate KnK would be so badly received in comparison with SnK. Now they are stuck with this shit and KnK gets more delayed because of it.
Ysad_ZiwezhanMar 31, 2017 3:20 AM
Mar 31, 2017 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
While this is certainly not the end of the world, I'm still a bit disappointed in that decision. Making the fans wait four years long only to halve the number of episodes down to 12 makes a really bad impression. Shokugeki no Souma did that as well and I didn't like it there either. Well I guess the hope for a second cour coming right after it is still there, but don't make us wait another 4 years for 6 episodes in the 3rd season O_O
Mar 31, 2017 3:35 AM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:
EvenJellyOn said:
You all know that you could have read the manga while it was on hiatus? The anime is just a promotion for the source.

not when it makes money by selling anime BDs and DVDs

I know AOT is pretty big but it's not like Marvel turning couple thousand trade sales into a blockbuster.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 31, 2017 4:06 AM

Nov 2015
Take it easy, everyone. The reason Season 2 is 12 episodes is becuase Wit had shortage of staff back then. Now Wit have gotten more staff and moved to a bigger building. They are getting bigger and better. We could get Season 3 already late next year. In the best case, we'll get 12 episodes a year. Besides, the manga is almost finished, so soon they'll be able to finish the anime too.
Mar 31, 2017 5:29 AM
Dec 2008
Metal_Ice786 said:
The reason Season 2 is 12 episodes is becuase Wit had shortage of staff back then. .

Wait, what?! Dude, don't say ridiculous stuffs!

Back then when they had shortage of staff, the anime was still airing and they managed to do 25 episodes and successfully adapted the Female Titan arc.

Now they had 4 years to plan and make shits happens and all they did are 12 episodes? That is just shit!
Mar 31, 2017 5:37 AM

Nov 2015
Ice-Man said:
Metal_Ice786 said:
The reason Season 2 is 12 episodes is becuase Wit had shortage of staff back then. .

Back then when they had shortage of staff, the anime was still airing and they managed to do 25 episodes and successfully adapted the Female Titan arc.

Now they had 4 years to plan and make shits happens and all they did are 12 episodes? That is just shit!

I was referring to when they was working on Season 2.
Mar 31, 2017 5:37 AM

Jul 2015
Robiiii said:
tragedydesu said:

yeah this medium is the most cancerous thing in this world ..
fuck im depressed right now

The day when anime will become more than just a fancy promotion for the source is the day anime will be a good medium. In 10 years maybe

That was 20 years ago, mate. But you can still support Trigger <:
Mar 31, 2017 5:51 AM

Jul 2016
well, think about people who waited 6 YEARS for Ao no exorcist's second season which also was 12 episodes.
i waited for snk too and tbh even tho it pisses me off, i expected it to be 12 episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:

not when it makes money by selling anime BDs and DVDs

I know AOT is pretty big but it's not like Marvel turning couple thousand trade sales into a blockbuster.
comparing marvel with any of the anime or manga isn't fair, but AoT is much more than you realize, I've personally met people who never watched anime but watched Aot
Mar 31, 2017 5:54 AM
Dec 2015
If the so called ''Apology'' was a troll, then we can assume that this 12 episode may also be a troll?
Mar 31, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2014
Welp meaning at least likely another few years for a season 3...another 12 episodes. Heck if the studio is still doing bad for staff and the industry as a whole is dying even more...then each episode could even be less than 20 minutes.

LAWL
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 31, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:
comparing marvel with any of the anime or manga isn't fair, but AoT is much more than you realize, I've personally met people who never watched anime but watched Aot

How is it unfair? It's comics that got turned into moving visuals.
Mar 31, 2017 6:20 AM

Jul 2015
zachfoss said:
DoctorWasabi said:

lol no...

You're going to make that assumption its going to be a split cour? you also have to factor that The Ancient Magus' Bride is coming this fall. So no, I highly doubt its going to be a split cour.

Its pretty obvious AoT is Wit Studio cash cow. I'm not saying it's not Wit Studio fault either.
Don't forget Kaberni season 2, which would most likely be Spring or Summer 2018
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 6:21 AM

Jul 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
It's all a matter of where they want to end the season. The way it looks like, it will be a good ending.

and it probably means they'll do a 2 cour - third season soon after to reach a point around chapter 85.

That could makes sense.

I don't understand though why they prioritized Koutetsujou no Kabaneri over Shingeki no Kyoujin because the latter is their big hit and brings more money. Strange : maybe they didn't anticipate KnK would be so badly received in comparison with SnK. Now they are stuck with this shit and KnK gets more delayed because of it.
It will be a ending with unfinished characters arcs and No anwsers, the Uprising arc would have gave us that and a good ending for this season(if it was 2 cours)
Sup...
Mar 31, 2017 6:27 AM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:

How is it unfair? It's comics that got turned into moving visuals.
fanbase, that's how, they have pre-existing fanbases for decades not for AoT
Mar 31, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2015
The best ending point for would be chapter 51.
Mar 31, 2017 6:55 AM

Mar 2013
flame2frost said:

Well not really. Like how many non geeks knew about Iron Man before he became huge due to the films? Guardians of the Galaxy is another example of that.
Mar 31, 2017 7:09 AM
Dec 2008
Metal_Ice786 said:
Ice-Man said:

I was referring to when they was working on Season 2.

Same thing. They start the working for Season 2 in 2014, so they had the whole time in the world to plan things out.
Mar 31, 2017 7:11 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder how much % of the peoples protesting on twitter, this thread and so on actually bought the dvd or bd for the first season back then to support it?

"we deserve it", heh.
Mar 31, 2017 7:12 AM

Jan 2017
Swagernator said:

I don't care...
is this true ? I'm way more disappointed if this is true than it being 12 episodes, she was one of the best things about s1 to me ??
Mar 31, 2017 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
SolidWoIf said:
Swagernator said:

I don't care...
is this true ? I'm way more disappointed if this is true than it being 12 episodes, she was one of the best things about s1 to me ??

lies she gets way more screen time in this arc that will be in season 2, than the other ark. I think they are just confuse. Though the main trio overall, will not get as muc screen time as in the first season, because other characters will be shinning in this season. There are two characters in mind that will blow up in popularity once season 2 starts airing.
Mar 31, 2017 7:23 AM
Dec 2015
Who still thinks that this 12 ep is a lie? because i do....
Mar 31, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOO KABANERI I HATEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUU

Well, at least we have a S2...
The politic arc wasn't before the Titan fight Arc? I need to rewatch the manga
Mar 31, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2016
REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
I HAVE WAITED 1 Year and a half(others 4 years) for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you say it will be only 12 chapters!!!!!!?????
Mar 31, 2017 7:34 AM

Oct 2014

Thanks God THANKS!!!

Mikasa is irrelevant

Historia>Mikasa
Mar 31, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

That could makes sense.

It will be a ending with unfinished characters arcs and No anwsers, the Uprising arc would have gave us that and a good ending for this season(if it was 2 cours)

They already finished season 1 with "no answers" and wherever they would have finished a 2 cours there would be again "no answers" because that's a good and long story, there's still a lot more to discover.
It might not look like it for you anymore because it's old story in the manga, but there are quite some revelations in this coming season even within one cour.
Mar 31, 2017 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Obligatory "Glad I stuck to the manga".

tragedydesu said:
Kyojin sacrificed for superior Bahamut it seems, bahamut got 24 ep lol

Superior my ass
Don't even compare them ...

+1. Bahamut is mediocore at best. Shingeki no Kyojin finally get some dept in the story writing, props to Isayama.

Varete7 said:

Thanks God THANKS!!!

Mikasa is irrelevant

Historia>Mikasa

Amen x 1 000 000 000. Historia best girl.
Mar 31, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
@SolidWoIf There was like 5/5 of Mikasa in first season and in second season it will be like 2/5 of Mikasa...
Mar 31, 2017 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
Aoiyuki7 said:
Seriously... I waited 4 years for 12 episodes?

I waited too. The 2nd season was 1 year late. And 12 episodes. This is outrageous.

Mar 31, 2017 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
EvenJellyOn said:
flame2frost said:

Well not really. Like how many non geeks knew about Iron Man before he became huge due to the films? Guardians of the Galaxy is another example of that.
iron man was way popular while guardians of the galaxy was hardly popular, by the time it came out marvel had already established itself as a great studio that comes up with marvelous comicbook movies, it had built up a new fanbase
Mar 31, 2017 8:17 AM
Dec 2010
Inb4 40 min episodes.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.