Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2010 11:55 PM

Jul 2009
Disclaimer: Not all of these are guaranteed to be completely true. Although, 2chan has proved to be rather accurate in years past at upcoming projects.

Little Busters!, P.A. Works animating. 12 episodes. Fall 2010-projected.

Full Metal Panic! The Final Raid, KyoAni animating. 24 episodes. Fall 2010-projected.

Ghibli 2011 Project, directed by Tatsuya Ishihara. 2011-projected.

Saki Season 2, Picture Magic animating. 13 episodes. 2011-projected.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, DEEN and Chiaki Kon, 26 episodes. 2011-projected.

Vinland Saga, 24 episodes, Madhouse. 2011-projected.

Needless Season 2, 24 episodes, Madhouse. 2011-projected.

Planetarian OVA, 4 episodes, P.A. Works. 2011-projected.

New Haruhi Suzumiya anime, ?, KyoAni. Unknown.

New Mamoru Hosoda movie, ?, Madhouse. Unknown.

K-On Season 3 in Spring 2011, KyoAni.

and the potentially most awesome for last:
Noitamina new series, 12 episodes, Ghibli animating, Hayao Miyazaki directing. 2011-projected.
EkureiruFeb 16, 2010 11:59 PM

| Nothing is at it seems. |
Feb 17, 2010 12:03 AM
Sep 2008
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Seriously?

Personally I'd prefer a gradual OVA series.
Feb 17, 2010 12:26 AM

Jul 2007
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Full Metal Panic! The Final Raid, KyoAni animating. 24 episodes. Fall 2010-projected.

Noitamina new series, 12 episodes, Ghibli animating, Hayao Miyazaki directing. 2011-projected.

I'd piss myself over these if they turn out to be real.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 17, 2010 12:40 AM

Sep 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

This has been going on for quite a while. I can only hope that it'll finally come true!

Feb 17, 2010 12:44 AM

Sep 2008
Little Busters - won't happen, or at least not this year
FMP: TLR - it's a known fact they're making it
Ghibli whatever Ishihara project - same
Saki season 2 - won't happen
Umineko blah blah blah - will probably be out even before 2011
Vinland Saga - won't happen, or at least not by Madhouse
Needless S2 - won't happen
Planetarian OVA - no idea
New Haruhi - won't happen
K-On! season 3 - the reason why New Haruhi won't happen, KyoAni found themselves a new cash cow
New Hosoda anime - of course there will be one someday, he won't retire or whatever, smartasses?
NoitaminA Ghibli show - no idea
Feb 17, 2010 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
seishi-sama said:
Little Busters - won't happen, or at least not this year
Ghibli whatever Ishihara project - same
Umineko blah blah blah - will probably be out even before 2011
Vinland Saga - won't happen, or at least not by Madhouse
Needless S2 - won't happen
Planetarian OVA - no idea
K-On! season 3 - the reason why New Haruhi won't happen, KyoAni found themselves a new cash cow
New Hosoda anime - of course there will be one someday, he won't retire or whatever, smartasses?
NoitaminA Ghibli show - no idea
Anyone else laugh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2010 12:58 AM

Apr 2008
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

Feb 17, 2010 1:30 AM

Sep 2008
MisterSaito said:
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

I'm just stating the obvious. There won't be a second season of Saki in 2011. And if there will be a second season of Saki someday, it definitely won't be 13 episodes long and it won't be animated by Picture Magic. They did their job in the second half of the first season, thanks guys and so long.
Feb 17, 2010 1:36 AM

May 2008
Soviet_Haruhi said:
Disclaimer: Not all of these are guaranteed to be completely true. Although, 2chan has proved to be rather accurate in years past at upcoming projects.
This reminds me of the thread about 2chan saying that the next game of LOZ is a sequel to Majora's Mask.
Feb 17, 2010 2:19 AM

Sep 2008
seishi-sama said:
MisterSaito said:
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

I'm just stating the obvious. There won't be a second season of Saki in 2011. And if there will be a second season of Saki someday, it definitely won't be 13 episodes long and it won't be animated by Picture Magic. They did their job in the second half of the first season, thanks guys and so long.
Can anyone tell me if that made any sense, I mean what are you basing this off of?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2010 2:25 AM

Feb 2008
Musushi-Tamago said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:

This has been going on for quite a while. I can only hope that it'll finally come true!

Do Want!....D:
Feb 17, 2010 2:27 AM

Oct 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

fuuu :/
Feb 17, 2010 3:14 AM

Jun 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

New Haruhi Suzumiya anime, ?, KyoAni. Unknown.

This is the only one that interests me.
Feb 17, 2010 3:17 AM

Sep 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
seishi-sama said:
MisterSaito said:
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

Can anyone tell me if that made any sense, I mean what are you basing this off of?

Oh my...
First, there's not enough material to animate - there was a huge filler arc in the first season already, and the latest volume of manga has enough for maybe just 3-4 episodes. There should be two more volumes released this year, and that would be enough for a 13-ep series, but they'll probably have to resort to some fillers anyway.
Second, Saki manga is probably going to end in 2011, it makes more sense to wait for that then release a regular 25-26 episodes series in 2012.
Third, Picture Magic is not a studio that has enough resources to make the whole show by themselves. Yes, they worked on 10 episodes of the first season, but there was little actual work they did since most of the stuff was already done by Gonzo. Thus, finding a new studio is another problem, and probably the biggest one.
So 2011 is a no-no.
Feb 17, 2010 6:05 AM
Dec 2008
>Vinland Saga, 24 episodes, Madhouse. 2011-projected.

Ahahahahahaha. In your dreams.

;_;

Also, are these from 2chan or 2ch? They're different.
Feb 17, 2010 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
Soviet_Haruhi said:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, DEEN and Chiaki Kon, 26 episodes. 2011-projected.
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 17, 2010 6:24 AM

Feb 2005
Well, I wouldn't mind a new FMP, and surely that's not so improbable either.
Soviet_Haruhi said:

But Vinland Saga? That could be either awesome or complete fail. But the pessimist inside me tells me it's going to be either a censored piece of rot without limbs flying and blood pouring, or it will be ruined by a improvised ending.
Feb 17, 2010 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
Bakayaro said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
/wrists

Hopefully just a rumor.

My poor, poor Umineko.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Feb 17, 2010 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Looking forward on these two :>
[right]

Feb 17, 2010 6:59 AM

Oct 2009
Bakayaro said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
this
Feb 17, 2010 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
WOOT WOOT FMP!!!!

Too bad it'll be the final raid though. :(
I'm back.
Feb 17, 2010 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
HAHAHAHAHA.
Go milk away, KEY.

Though that Ghibli project doesn't seem so far-fetched, they already have announced two(?) upcoming movies..
Feb 17, 2010 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
seishi-sama said:
HawthorneKitty said:
seishi-sama said:
MisterSaito said:
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

Oh my...
First, there's not enough material to animate - there was a huge filler arc in the first season already, and the latest volume of manga has enough for maybe just 3-4 episodes. There should be two more volumes released this year, and that would be enough for a 13-ep series, but they'll probably have to resort to some fillers anyway.
Second, Saki manga is probably going to end in 2011, it makes more sense to wait for that then release a regular 25-26 episodes series in 2012.
Third, Picture Magic is not a studio that has enough resources to make the whole show by themselves. Yes, they worked on 10 episodes of the first season, but there was little actual work they did since most of the stuff was already done by Gonzo. Thus, finding a new studio is another problem, and probably the biggest one.
So 2011 is a no-no.
So you're killing the idea that there will be a Saki 2011 because of the studio and that anime keep with the same run times each season, okay thanks.
Feb 17, 2010 11:28 AM

Jun 2007
I thought Umineko was a big sales bomb, so I have to wonder how they're able to make another season of it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Feb 17, 2010 11:34 AM
Jan 2009
seishi-sama said:

So your theory is that KyoAni will throw away one cash cow because they found another cash cow?, what?
Feb 17, 2010 11:47 AM

Jul 2009
To be honest, among the rumors posted i'm most excited for Little Busters!

Both that, FMP! The Final Raid, the new Haruhi, and Noitama are my looking forward to.

As for why LB! ? I have the visual novel and love it. :3

Feb 17, 2010 11:50 AM

Oct 2007
seishi-sama said:
Thus, finding a new studio is another problem, and probably the biggest one.

Probably the easiest one, there's always AIC.

Assuming they find it profitable, vol 8 ''only'' sold 5,652 units this week. I thought the first units sold pretty decently, not sure.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Feb 17, 2010 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Dblitzer said:
seishi-sama said:

So your theory is that KyoAni will throw away one cash cow because they found another cash cow?, what?
They will be milking Haruhi fans twice with The Vanishment, don't forget. Once when they see the movie in cinemas, and again when they buy the DVD/Blu-ray version later in the year.

Plus, Haruhi needs a decent director in order to make it good. It actually has a plot, for a start. The 2009 version should have been taking Bakemonogatari head-on for title of best selling blu-ray anime, but didn't due to the Endless Eight arc.

With K-ON, they can have pretty much any rookie direct it, and it will still be a success because it is so moe. There is no real plot in K-ON, so it is much easier to direct. All they have to do is to keep the moe levels up
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Feb 19, 2010 8:40 AM

Jun 2008
Soviet_Haruhi said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD
Feb 19, 2010 9:03 AM
Jul 2009
34 said:
Bakayaro said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
this

seconded

and

Soviet_Haruhi said:

masaka, is gonzo gone for good? haha
Feb 19, 2010 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
Darkii said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD

P.A. Works? Must have missed this. Fuck yeah.
Oh well, this is all speculation so far.

But I hope they won't become the new Key animator..
Feb 19, 2010 11:37 AM

Apr 2009
Musushi-Tamago said:
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Well I guess that gives me reason to finish the visual novel.
Feb 19, 2010 12:06 PM
Nov 2007
Baman said:
Well, I wouldn't mind a new FMP, and surely that's not so improbable either.
Soviet_Haruhi said:

But Vinland Saga? That could be either awesome or complete fail. But the pessimist inside me tells me it's going to be either a censored piece of rot without limbs flying and blood pouring, or it will be ruined by a improvised ending.

Check out Shigurui and Souten Kouro by Madhouse.
IMO Madhouse is the best choice to animate Vinland Saga and I hope it will be as soon as possible
Feb 19, 2010 12:08 PM

Jun 2009
wow "if" these are true then im a very very happy man atm XD

but tbh it does feel alot like wishfull thinking.

FMP seems to never come out :(

needless......even though i HUGELY want it, what would they do, the end completey went away from the manga so i heard and it was also an ending what didnt leave anything open for season 2.

would <3 little busters and Planetarian too.

i "hope" its right but also think the chance of it bieng correct is very very small indeed :/
Feb 19, 2010 12:28 PM
Jun 2008
Soviet_Haruhi said:

New Mamoru Hosoda movie, ?, Madhouse. Unknown.

Would make my life eternally happy.
Feb 19, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Oh dear god, please no...
Feb 19, 2010 8:42 PM

Mar 2009
Soviet_Haruhi said:

Oh god, please let this be true.
Feb 19, 2010 9:11 PM
Mar 2009
Just to add to Seishi's views:

seishi-sama said:

I honestly don't think this is going to happen till 2012 at the very earliest. The author is well known for delaying the next book in the series, and has even said that this will be the climax of the series. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be the last one. Just because there is a climax, there's still the end of it, the loose ends to tie up, etc. If done right, the author could milk this for another book. So I'm saying that this probably won't happen till 2012 at earliest, as well as not definitely being the end of the series, let's not forget, this is KyoAni, and really, do any of us not expect them to be wacky enough to make a Fumoffu 2?

seishi-sama said:

Again, yeah, this won't happen. Especially not in 2011, and especially not from Picture Magic unless the DVD's do so well that they make enough money to hire more staff to do this, and even then they'd have to make this their sole anime project at the time and work around the clock on it. 2012 and I'm gonna say that KyoAni, being the powerhouse it is at the moment with all the money it's getting/going to be getting from K-On! 2 and other titles, may snatch it up.

seishi-sama said:

Just to clarify on what I think seishi is saying, you mean that it won't happen in 2011, right? Cos I can see it happening, but not by then. Maybe late 2012, if they have a better director, and they work on it. But then again, Vanishment is considered by most to be the best book in the series, and it's only the 3rd, not to mention doesn't include Haruhi for a good deal of it. So, if Vanishment does well enough, they may just let the series die, which would be a shame as I want to find out more about things in the Haruhi-verse and don't like reading books online.

seishi-sama said:

Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out there, and call Bullshit on you seishi. I have two main reasons why. 1. K-On! is, yes, moe, but it's a different type of moe and genre to Haruhi, so if KyoAni dumps Haruhi, it won't be because of K-On! and 2. it will happen, but I'll be damned if it happens in 2011 unless it's 3 episodes manga and 10 episodes filler. Cos as it is, the manga is barely at the place where they would finish season 2 imo (graduating school), so, seeing as the manga is a bimonthly publication according to wikipedia, I don't see this happening till 2012.

Feb 19, 2010 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
2011 is going to suck, calling it now.
Feb 19, 2010 9:15 PM
Mar 2009
Plate said:

Don't make me take you to the Smash Shack Plate. This is just a bunch of rumours that hardly encompasses all of the anime for the year.

Also, let's try and get through 2010 first, before being pessimistic about next year, shall we?

Feb 20, 2010 5:08 AM

Nov 2008
Plate said:

2011 is going to have Despera (probably), therefore, this statement is invalid. Besides, the studios not involved in any of these rumours (Brains Base, Production I.G etc.) would probably salvage it.

I'm not too keen on Miyazaki having a noitaminA slot, though, unless he co-directs with Isao Takahata. Comparing Only Yesterday to the Miyazaki anime I have seen, Takahata is better at making the kind of anime that would suit the noitaminA slot.

More Needless would be nice. It far from being the best anime in the world, but it's quite entertaining.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Feb 20, 2010 5:22 AM
Feb 2009
I honestly can't see how they can make 4 OVAs out of Planetarian. I timed the game to be exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes worth of reading (at my usual leisurely pace). But we'll see how long each episode is...

And I wish that TLWiki would speed up the LB project. It's been like years since they released Rin 1 route.
Feb 20, 2010 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
Soviet_Haruhi said:

jizzzz
Feb 20, 2010 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
seishi-sama said:
HawthorneKitty said:
seishi-sama said:
MisterSaito said:
seishi-sama said:

whoa there slow down.

Oh my...
So 2011 is a no-no.
Doesnt mean it won't happen - you will never truly know untill it happens.
Feb 22, 2010 12:59 AM

Jul 2009
Regardless of whom in here thinks a Haruhi anime is unlikely, it is. First, they have a lot more material to animate: Roughly 4/5 full novels and sections of other novels in the series (some parts used in Season 1). We'll see where it goes, and if does happen I'm guaranteed to watch it.

What you guys should be doing this Spring, in order to judge the quality of the (possibly) upcoming Little Busters! and Planetarian series is watch Angel Beats! What quality KEY, P.A. Works and Visual Arts put into that will set the tone for any future series, especially sales.

More topics from this board

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - Yesterday

72 by 707supremacist »»
15 seconds ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 9 hours ago

37 by Teirayo »»
3 minutes ago

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

15 by joseifan »»
16 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

10 by ST63LTH »»
17 minutes ago

» Best purple haired girl?

Spunkert - Jan 29

40 by nishant0 »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.