Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2017
so i am doing a visual novel a sad one like air clannad kanon and anohana but i can't draw any vn character i already have the background sound .....so can any of you give me a vn character maker because i want them to be oreginal
Mar 19, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
No need to make them original, obviously fans of these shows dont care about that either.

I think you might be able to find something in other regions of MAL

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 19, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
Learn to draw? TOP KEK thread, sasuga mal
Mar 19, 2017 6:54 AM

Jun 2015
Have you read higurashi? Good art is overrated.
Mar 19, 2017 6:56 AM

Jan 2017
Brb said:
higurashi's manga ad first vn art are still better than mine
Mar 19, 2017 6:58 AM

Nov 2012
Learn how to write and spell words correctly first, lol.
Mar 19, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2017
SuperRed said:
i wrote the story and made sure that there are no grammar mistake
Mar 19, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2017
kikyo1hinamora said:
SuperRed said:
Try releasing a LN. Most of the VNs are adaptations of LNs as well.
Mar 19, 2017 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
You should try collabing with a friend in irl or in mal.
Mar 19, 2017 7:05 AM

Jun 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
Brb said:
higurashi's manga ad first vn art are still better than mine

well, if you have shittier drawings than this
best you not do it at all.
Mar 19, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2017
Suddenly, Berserk looks like it was animated by Madhouse.
Mar 19, 2017 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
yeah just google some "how to draw anime girl" tutorials and i think you will do like higurashi in 2nd try or so
Mar 19, 2017 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
just draw stick figures with kawaii eyes and boom, instant bestseller on steam. Also don't put mosaics.
Mar 19, 2017 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
Well be a good digital drawer then lol
Mar 22, 2017 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
so it appeared that i was better than expected so i drew 4 characters they are not perfect and most of them aren't completed because i still don't know how to draw eyes and legs but i will learn very soon and i only still have to draw one grl and the mc and some seconder characters

so tell what you think about each character

but i also still have one problem i do not know how to color them like i don't know if i need a special app or something because when i try it never look like the coulour used in most of the vn when i color them it look very fade
like this
Mar 22, 2017 10:53 AM

Feb 2016
They look very good!

Use tick strokes and add some gradients with more contrast in the colors (shadow should be darker).

Seriously, you don't necessarily need good art for a visual novel. The story is the most important and many VN players won't mind a bad art.
You can even start working on the game now and leave the art for last. You don't know what changes might be needed in design, and you might end with a bunch of useless sprites. Still ok to use placeholders though.

"We Know the Devil" on Steam is indie VN and has a very simple black and white sketch art and apparently it has good reviews and sells well.
AquamirrorMar 22, 2017 11:02 AM
Mar 22, 2017 10:55 AM

May 2016
kikyo1hinamora said:
so it appeared that i was better than expected so i drew 4 characters they are not perfect and most of them aren't completed because i still don't know how to draw eyes and legs but i will learn very soon and i only still have to draw one grl and the mc and some seconder characters

but i also still have one problem i do not know how to color them like i don't know if i need a special app or something because when i try it never look like the coulour used in most of the vn when i color them it look very fade
like this

Character's size and figure reminds me of Rewrite, and the eyes of the third one even more...Is this what your artstyle is based on?
HyperLMar 22, 2017 11:01 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Mar 22, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2017
HyperL said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

like this

Character's size and figure reminds me of Rewrite...Is this what your artstyle is based on?

yes in one way i used the body shape of rewrite's girl for two of them with some changes in the proportion
Mar 22, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2015
I can draw very detailed stick figure that just really enhances the melodramatic tone of what you wrote.

How much is the pay?
Mar 22, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2017
even if
Aquamirror said:
They look very good!

Use tick strokes and add some gradients with more contrast in the colors (shadow should be darker).

Seriously, you don't necessarily need good art for a visual novel. The story is the most important and many VN players won't mind a bad art.
You can even start working on the game now and leave the art for last. You don't know what changes might be needed in design, and you might end with a bunch of useless sprites. Still ok to use placeholders though.

"We Know the Devil" on Steam is indie VN and has a very simple black and white sketch art and apparently it has good reviews and sells well.
even if it is true but there are some people who can't stand a vn with bad art and i am one of them to be honest at least it has to be decent
Mar 22, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2013
Make big dumb looking bug eyes. Since you're making a sad one don't bother develop the characters in any way, just use the same old tropes we all know like Nice Girl and Book Girl. Just keep throwing melodrama on it. Weebs will love it.
Mar 23, 2017 1:03 PM

Jan 2017
so i colored one of the main character tell me what you think e honest but i still didn't draw the eyes
Mar 23, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2013
hpiece8 said:
could you re-post? it seems the picture broken
op uses a weird file format which seems it works only on chrome

you can try to right click -> view image, and that works for me, though it opens them in chrome

that's actually really interesting o_0 the bbcode works on chrome but not mozilla, that is some magic shit
Mar 23, 2017 1:30 PM

Feb 2013
hpiece8 said:
romagia said:

you can try to right click -> view image, and that works for me, though it opens them in chrome

that's actually really interesting o_0 the bbcode works on chrome but not mozilla, that is some magic shit

Too bad, I didn't use chrome anymore, is there any way to open it without using chrome?
i don't know
if only there was an omniscient three coloured cerberus around you could ask stuff like this
maybe duck duck go
Mar 23, 2017 1:41 PM
Feb 2017
romagia said:
hpiece8 said:
could you re-post? it seems the picture broken

It's an image format made by google. Firefox and safari don't support it yet from what I can remember.
Mar 23, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2013
NeedSomeLogic said:
romagia said:

It's an image format made by google. Firefox and safari don't support it yet from what I can remember.
for some reason i didn't expect the [img] tag to work at all

like it doesn't (?) for this webm which should be supported by mozilla
Mar 23, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
it should work now
file:///C:/Users/Toshiba/Desktop/%20girl%20number%207.png
Mar 23, 2017 1:56 PM
Feb 2017
romagia said:
NeedSomeLogic said:

Well webm's are more like videos tbh, I do hope that mal ads a feature in the future that allows webm's and normal videos that aren't on youtube.
Mar 23, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
kikyo1hinamora said:
it should work now
file:///C:/Users/Toshiba/Desktop/%20girl%20number%207.png
wait, i think i got this

gopher://kamalatta.ddnss.de/g/power48.gif

NeedSomeLogic said:
romagia said:

Well webm's are more like videos tbh, I do hope that mal ads a feature in the future that allows webm's and normal videos that aren't on youtube.
they aren't so widespread though
i can see all webm shitposting i need on /r/anime and /a/

i don't think MAL would benefit that much, or at least AD

besides it took them so long to add the youtube tag..
Mar 23, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2016
romagia said:
NeedSomeLogic said:

webm isn't an image

The img bbcode just surrounds the link with the HTML img tag, but webp is only supported natively by Chrome and Opera.
You should still be able to download the image manually though.
Mar 23, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
Aquamirror said:
romagia said:

webm isn't an image

The img bbcode just surrounds the link with the HTML img tag, but webp is only supported natively by Chrome and Opera.
You should still be able to download the image manually though.
hm.. but if there were a [video] / <video> tag it could work
i remember looking at all the menu options in mozilla and thinking i will never see the "save video" ones
remember when your media players got embeded in the site .-. like windows media player and vlc
those were the golden days
Mar 24, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
so i colored one of the main character tell me what you think e honest but i still didn't draw the eyes
Mar 24, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2012
I can't see any of the pictures... -_-
Mar 24, 2017 6:10 AM

Jan 2017

//////////////////////////////
AkerakaaaaiMar 24, 2017 6:21 AM
Mar 24, 2017 6:18 AM

Oct 2016
John_2001 said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

Wut. I have nothing to say. If that is your impression if the visual novel genre then nothing I can say will correct it. I am curious though. What vn are you even referring to as an adaptation of a light novel?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 6:27 AM

Mar 2017
Ingr1d said:
John_2001 said:

Wut. I have nothing to say. If that is your impression if the visual novel genre then nothing I can say will correct it. I am curious though. What vn are you even referring to as an adaptation of a light novel?
Uhhh... My bad. I don't even recollect why I typed something like that.

I just suggested OP to release an LN rather than working on a VN seeing as how they are having problems with drawings. Discard that last sentence.
Mar 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Creative Corner Board.
Mar 24, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
this is my second one i fill that it in't a sucess and i don't filll that both character has the same art to belong in the same vn

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
39 minutes ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
53 minutes ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
6 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.