Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2014
People with a mean score of 5 are extremely mean.

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
Feb 23, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2015
PheolingAnimu said:
So i love to look at other peoples profiles and look at their favorites.

Ohhh I already knew this thread will be a good bait for once in a while...Ohh look, I'm somewhat right... Didn't really bait a lot of ppl...
Feb 23, 2017 5:52 AM

Feb 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
Kja95 said:
The only anime I didn't like was neon genesis evangelion .... It was booring as hell

I didn't personally find Evangelion boring but to each their own.

I can't explain why I hate it for someone like me who isn't picky at all when comes to watching anime iam satisfied as long as I enjoyed my time

Well in case of Evangelion I didn't enjoy it the least bit...

I really wanted to show you the animes l watched but iam too lazy when it comes to rate anime and fixing my profile...sorry dude
Feb 23, 2017 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
Johnnyd3rp said:
WhenACatFlies said:

The best two examples I can give are Kaicho wa Maid-sama and Rosario to Vampire season 2.
When it comes to Kaicho wa Maid-sama, I will say I haven't read the manga. I'm 20 episodes in and I can't understand why it has such a high rating. Every episode can be guessed by simply understanding that Usui will be the one to save Misaki whenever she's in trouble and he seems to always know where she is. As much as I like the dysfunctional romances present in anime and all the stalkerish actions that pass for romance or the whole will they won't they, Kaicho wa Maid-sama fails all of those by being so fucking predictable. I can't even call Usui a character, he's more like a walking wish fulfillment. Usui is pretty much great at everything he does. What are his flaws? (being a stalker doesn't count because in this anime that is just another wish fulfillment)

The anime doesn't differ too much from the manga, it's a good adaptation. The manga is one of the most clichè shoujo i've ever read though. I gave it a 6, i quite enjoyed it (also the fact that there is a citation of Basara in the beginning helped) but it maintained the same formula for 18 volumes.

It feels pretty cliche to me too (the anime), but I want to finish it. Hate to be stuck 6 episodes before the end. But unlike other anime, I can't help but drag this one. Psycho pass 2 was bad imo and the first half was so fucking hard to get into it, but at least after some point it becomes kinda easier to binge the remaining half. With Maid-sama I don't have this ease, it's gotten progressively harder to do that.

And hey my favorite manga is Hana Yori Dango which also has many cliches in it (though I can not be sure if it was the one that invented those/popularized them or just borrowed them) and has many flaws but it is still uplifting to read it, for me at least. Some arcs are more fun and interesting than others (last arc with that Umi girl is pretty shitty and unnecessary drama). But at least it's not that easy to predict because Tsukasa isn't the only one saving/helping Tsukushi, unlike Usui and Misaki. I hardly even remember the rest of the cast(except that cross-dressing boy).
:(
Feb 23, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2015
sasalx said:
Wait what?? People only watch what they like?? What kind of a world is that..?

There are many good arguments to "defend" people with incredibly high score. "It's not your business" is one of them. "They're good at picking shows" or "they only watch what they like"... That's not one of them. That's some of the least logical stuff I heard here, and it's a waaaay too common stance on the subject. You CAN'T know if a show is good without watching it first, and wether you drop it or not is irrelevant, it was still bad to you and I don't know why you should refrain from rating it low.

Here's an example of "I'm good at picking my shows":
Meryeme-Mery said:
I have a mean score of 8.63 which is high, the reason is that i only watch stuff i know i'll enjoy: I look into my favourite genres and avoid generic anime, though i've only completed about 100 anime, so with time and experience, i'll start rating stuff lower

I don't care much about your mean score and you're free to rate how you want, but your explanation doesn't work. It's basically everything that irritates me in a single post:
-Picking up shows by genres. Do you see any movie enthusiast specifically going after X or Y genre because "it's all good"? The genre of a movie/show is completely irrelevant to its quality. You might enjoy some of its tropes more and that's totally fine, but bringing up the genre as some kind of indicator of quality doesn't work.
-avoiding generic anime. What is generic, how can you tell if something is generic before watching it, and how can you tell if something is generic when you don't watch generic stuff?
-and finally, "stuff I know I'll enjoy". Yeah. That's called following hype. I personally pick shows I THINK I'll enjoy (like anyone else, I'm almost sure of it), it doesn't prevent me from watching shows that bore me to death (no matter their genre, reputation, or how good I thought they would be).
I also get excellent surprises when watching shows I don't particularly care abput (KlK was the most obvious example for me)

TL;DR: just say "I rate high and it's none of your fucking business" next time.

edit: On a slightly off-topic subject, I think your way to rate makes it totally impossible to get a grasp of your taste. I just can't figure any pattern in that sea of 9 and 10, and as a result wouldn't recommend anything to you, or, ironically, really generic stuff.

@Scarlett_Ryuken then fix your quote, lol xD

edit 2 woops, forgot to finish a sentence here.
DeathkoFeb 23, 2017 11:49 AM
Feb 23, 2017 6:06 AM

Oct 2015
sasalx said:
Wait what?? People only watch what they like?? What kind of a world is that..?

There are many good arguments to "defend" people with incredibly high score. "It's not your business" is one of them. "They're good at picking shows" or "they only watch what they like"... That's not one of them. That's some of the least logical stuff I heard here, and it's a waaaay too common stance on the subject. You CAN'T know if someone is good without watchinf it first, and wether you drop it or not is irrelevant, it was still bad to you and I don't know why you should refrain from rating it low.

Here's an example of "I'm good at picking my shows":
Meryeme-Mery said:
I have a mean score of 8.63 which is high, the reason is that i only watch stuff i know i'll enjoy: I look into my favourite genres and avoid generic anime, though i've only completed about 100 anime, so with time and experience, i'll start rating stuff lower

I don't care much about your mean score and you're free to rate how you want, but your explanation doesn't work. It's basically everything that irritates me in a single post:
-Picking up shows by genres. Do you see any movie enthusiast specifically going after X or Y genre because "it's all good"? The genre of a movie/show is completely irrelevant to its quality. You might enjoy some of its tropes more and that's totally fine, but bringing up the genre as some kind of
-avoiding generic anime. What is generic, how can you tell if something is generic before watching it, and how can you tell if something is generic when you don't watch generic stuff?
-and finally, "stuff I know I'll enjoy". Yeah. That's called following hype. I personally pick shows I THINK I'll enjoy (like anyone else, I'm almost sure of it), it doesn't prevent me from watching shows that bore me to death (no matter their genre, reputation, or how good I thought they would be).
I also get excellent surprises when watching shows I don't particularly care abput (KlK was the most obvious example for me)

TL;DR: just say "I rate high and it's none of your fucking business" next time.

edit: On a slightly off-topic subject, I think your way to rate makes it totally impossible to get a grasp of your taste. I just can't figure any pattern in that sea of 9 and 10, and as a result wouldn't recommend anything to you, or, ironically, really generic stuff.[/quote]

firstly get rid of that annoying /quote man

secondly, and i really dont want to defend them by im obligated to sadly, does the know i'll enjoy and think i'll enjoy really make a difference?
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 23, 2017 6:10 AM

Jul 2015
@Scarlett_Ryuken Apparently it does since I'm not deluding myself into thinking I'm super good at picking the best from anime and everything I watch is an instant masterpiece because I laid my eyes upon it.

I'm sure a lot of people just refuse to admit they spent 8 hours on something they didn't love madly lol.
Feb 23, 2017 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
tocuhe...

(how the f did i get mentioned twice wtf mal)
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 23, 2017 6:16 AM

Oct 2015
also not surprised those people will be the one calling out people for "hating on" anime
Feb 23, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2013
Yup, that's totally my case, better don't even look or you will be grossed out I suppose. I enjoy watching / reading too much and I don't give the rating any special thought. It's not constructive at all but I don't care. It's solely according to my personal enjoyment but seeing the majority of users have a problem with it and like to lash out every now and then, it's sad but I get it. And then I wish MAL had an option to erase all the ratings on list at once so I could avoid users who get rather aggresive when it comes to this. I don't care what methods and rating system user use, if they rate my favorite shows poorly or drop them but I wish it was the same the other way around.

Feb 23, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2016
I'm not optimistic enough to say that everything I read and say is golden masterpiece. I also don't have the time to go out of my way to search up unique and well rated animes. I simply go down the list of certain genres and if it catches my eye I'll watch it.

The ratings are for me though, whether or not I'll come back to certain animes/mangas in the future and rewatch them.
Feb 23, 2017 8:37 AM

Aug 2016
Well, my average rating is 8.4, which is high I guess. But the average score (the mean of MAL ratings) of the shows I have seen is 8,1, so it's not that surprising I guess. Most of the shows I have seen are rated 8+ on this site, and even among the 8+ shows I carefully picked the stuff I thought i would probably like. When i run out of the good stuff and start watching random mediocre anime, my average is sure to go down.
Feb 23, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2012
@Clebardman

Let me quote myself.

sasalx said:
PheolingAnimu said:

I wish i knew 9/10 times that i'd love an anime so much to give it a 10/10 .

You don't have to. If you don't like a show you can drop it after 3 episode.

Or maybe you like lots of genre.

As I said (apparently you said that too) you can drop a show you don't like. Usually I don't even bother to add an anime to my dropped list if I drop it after 3 episode.

Even if I add something to my dropped list I don't rate it. Because I just don't want to judge an anime after seeing X episode.

So I hope this makes sense now for you. If not oh well but rest assure I will never say "I rate high and it's none of your fucking business" .
Feb 23, 2017 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
I have a mean score of 8.11. Thats good right? I also have a lot of 9s and 10s on my list. Most of those anime deserve it though.
Feb 23, 2017 9:30 AM

Dec 2011
YeAhx said:

Edit: Want to know how I score my anime ? I rate them by seeing their current score and then judge if that shown score is worth it or not.

And that is the one and only way of rating that is outright wrong. Congratulations.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 23, 2017 10:22 AM
May 2016
harpseal2 said:
i can somewhat understand the argument here of "people generally watch shows they expect to enjoy" but even then that argument is weak. im sure you've all had a show you were looking forward to watching that ended up sucking hard.

i hate people who refuse to use the bottom end of the rating scale because "i'd look like a DEBBIE DOWNER!!!" or something along those lines. don't be afraid to be critical of something you love. i can criticise NGE for days and agree that it is pretty overrated, but i'd be damned if i said i didnt love it.

the worst comments here are "wow... i WISH i could be like that guy... enjoying everything i watch..." if you're happy everyday, eventually happiness becomes the norm. you need the shit in life to appreciate happiness. shit anime makes the good stuff much better.

Simon_The_Digger said:
I don't mind them. They enjoy a lot of anime, that's all.
I think it's better than people who watched 500 animes and have a mean score of 5.
''Do you even enjoy watching anime ?'' is the question that comes to mind.

god i hate this shithouse argument.

some people, such as myself, actually rate based on perceived quality rather than enjoyment. i enjoyed KLK on my first watch, to the point where i'd probably give it a 10 if i rated based upon enjoyment. but i have since had a long hard think about the show, and i think that it deserves a 5 at best, because its a VERY flawed show.

You see, I do a little of both. Anime that I enjoyed are rated 6+ and an anime I didn't will be rated 5-. I then rate them accordingly on a scale from 6 to 10 based on their overall quality and how I compare them to each other. Also, a score ain't permanent to me. Every once in a while, I re-rate all of the anime in my list based on my new perspective of what is a good anime or not as I watch more of them over time. I guest my mean score will get lower over time.

The true question is, how to you justify to someone who goes on your list that you liked that anime while you rated it around 4 or 5. I think the rating should reflect your overall enjoyment of what you watched while giving hints on the quality of the said anime (and that is what reviews are for).

But then again, we each have our ways of rating and we should not judge each other on that because in the end, there is just as much people who rates anything they like with a 10 then there is people afraid of giving more than 6.
Simon_The_DiggerFeb 23, 2017 11:23 AM
Feb 23, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
I get you I think I m one of those bias raters who would rate anything below 8...I guess for some people they like to show off
Feb 23, 2017 11:04 AM

Jan 2017
it is better than hating everything and having a mean score of 5 with 100 animes
AkerakaaaaiFeb 24, 2017 2:23 AM
Feb 23, 2017 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
Nemesis92 said:
Well, my average rating is 8.4, which is high I guess. But the average score (the mean of MAL ratings) of the shows I have seen is 8,1, so it's not that surprising I guess. Most of the shows I have seen are rated 8+ on this site, and even among the 8+ shows I carefully picked the stuff I thought i would probably like. When i run out of the good stuff and start watching random mediocre anime, my average is sure to go down.

that's exactly my case! glad there's someone on the same boat
Feb 23, 2017 11:23 AM

Apr 2015

This is the kind of mindset that needs to change in this community. This idea that in order to "truly" enjoy and appreciated anime you must rate everything with a 9-10, and not criticize shows is absurd.

Sadly this is the anime community so better not get my hopes up. ┐(‘~`;)┌
Feb 23, 2017 11:25 AM

Mar 2015
kuuderes_shadow said:
YeAhx said:

Edit: Want to know how I score my anime ? I rate them by seeing their current score and then judge if that shown score is worth it or not.

And that is the one and only way of rating that is outright wrong. Congratulations.
Thanks, Im very proud of it. It's better than those who give straight 0 or 10 for anime they dont like. My lowest would be 4 even if I hate that anime to death.
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Feb 23, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2017
Mastergold said:

This is the kind of mindset that needs to change in this community. This idea that in order to "truly" enjoy and appreciated anime you must rate everything with a 9-10, and not criticize shows is absurd.

i didn't say that in order to "truly" enjoy and appreciated anime you must rate everything with a 9-10, and not criticize shows is absurd. but having a mean score of 5 while having watch for example like 100 anime mean that he don t even like anime and hate every type of it
Feb 23, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
it is better than hating everything and having a mean score of 5

Too me a mean score of 5 would just mean everything you watch you think is generally average. Once it gets below a 5 though i start to question why people watch anime if the majority of stuff they watch they don't like.
Too kawaii to live, too mahou shoujo to die >:D
Feb 23, 2017 11:37 AM

Dec 2011
@Nemesis92 @Meryeme-Mery - That argument only really holds out if your interests align almost perfectly with MAL's scores, in which case you're extremely unusual.

Of course, unless you are of a contrary turn of mind, you can expect to have a higher score if you only watch higher rated stuff, assuming a consistent rating system. But not by anywhere near that much. My average score of anime rated 8.00+ on MAL is 6.76. Slightly over a full point above my average, but far, far below the average of the scores for these series on MAL.

I suspect that if someone with ratings of the figures given by Nemesis92 started watching everything that came their way rather than just things with a high MAL score, they'd either readjust their ratings downwards on realising that they had been overrating things previously or continue to have an average rating of around 8/10.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 23, 2017 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
kikyo1hinamora said:
Mastergold said:

i didn't say that in order to "truly" enjoy and appreciated anime you must rate everything with a 9-10, and not criticize shows is absurd. but having a mean score of 5 while having watch for example like 100 anime mean that he don t even like anime and hate every type of it

Bullshit. I could change my ratings to give an average score of 8+ quite easily. I'd be extremely surprised if I liked the anime I came across any less than the people who use such rating systems (I've come across plenty of people with far more negative opinions of anime they watch than me with average scores more than 2 points higher). It wouldn't change how much I enjoyed a single show one bit. I just prefer being able to show the degree to which I enjoy something, which you lose if you adopt a scale like that.
In exchange such a scale gives you more ability to show off how much you dislike the bad stuff, which means that a system that produces a higher average rating actually means a bigger focus on your dislikes*.

*edit: assuming you use the full scale, that is. But if you don't, then remember that only using 1-5 is EXACTLY THE SAME as only using 6-10. But produces an average 5 points lower.
kuuderes_shadowFeb 23, 2017 11:46 AM
Feb 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2017
kuuderes_shadow said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

Bullshit. I could change my ratings to give an average score of 8+ quite easily. I'd be extremely surprised if I liked the anime I came across any less than the people who use such rating systems (I've come across plenty of people with far more negative opinions of anime they watch than me with average scores more than 2 points higher). It wouldn't change how much I enjoyed a single show one bit. I just prefer being able to show the degree to which I enjoy something, which you lose if you adopt a scale like that.
In exchange such a scale gives you more ability to show off how much you dislike the bad stuff, which means that a system that produces a higher average rating actually means a bigger focus on your dislikes.

this is how you think and if having a scale like that make you show off how people dislike bad stuff so how can they enjoy all those anime with bad stuff .that can only happen if he enjoy watching thing that he hate .there are always exeptions of liking a bad anime but giving it a 5(even if he like it to make the people see the flaws in it) or less won t make the mean scores of them a 5 so what you sad doesn't make any sens
AkerakaaaaiFeb 23, 2017 11:54 AM
Feb 23, 2017 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
kikyo1hinamora said:

this is how you think and if having a scale like that make you show off how people dislike bad stuff so how can they enjoy all those anime with bad stuff that can only happen only if he enjoy watching thing that he hate theire are always exeptions of liking a bad anime but giving it a 5 or less won t make the mean scores of them a 5 so what you sad doesn't make any sens

Sorry. Could you repeat that in English please? I'm not trolling at all - I genuinely can't make out what you're saying.
Feb 23, 2017 11:55 AM

Jan 2017
Those are mostly the happiest kind of people in the anime community.
I envy them.......joke, they are plebs with no standards and abysmal taste.
Feb 23, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2016
PheolingAnimu said:
kikyo1hinamora said:
it is better than hating everything and having a mean score of 5

Too me a mean score of 5 would just mean everything you watch you think is generally average. Once it gets below a 5 though i start to question why people watch anime if the majority of stuff they watch they don't like.

Imho it depends on how much anime you have in your list, a mean score of 5 on someone who has watched only 20 shows it means that 1) he should take more time when deciding what to watch 2) bad recommendation. A mean score of 5 on someone with 500 or more anime is to be expected, you can't enjoy everything.

You also have to take in account also the rating method is using, if he has a more critical approach when rating something or if he just like to give a try to a genre that he know he wouldn't enjoy.
Feb 23, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
Ok so I have two main points to this.
First off I don't think it's the fault of the people making the list but rather that scoring systems are ultimately flawed from the beginning. Some people are on principle against the idea of scoring because it's hard to wrap your head around a number(myself included), it doesn't tell me what was good or bad and it's void of any deeper analysis. It's easy to say 10 is perfect, so that must mean everything from sound to story was fantastic! but everything between 2-8 isn't so clear cut and it's hard to quantify what get's more points, story or sound, no! maybe art, but what about voice acting? That's very subjective and a single score can't cover everything if you haven't calculated the mean value through combining all aspects of an anime but even then it wouldn't really help anyone but you and it still can't cover any deeper topics.

Secondly, the feeling a good anime gives will skew your view, you might be emotional or adrenaline filled, but it's very fleeting and will soon seem very distant. You can't quite tell what was so special about it or why you gave it a 10 in the first place.
My anime list has been through many iterations since I joined this site, at first I had only seen a few and everything was a 9 or 10 then I saw more and I adjusted the ones that wasn't so special, a process which has repeated itself, until I ended up with a mean score of 6.5 similar to yourself OP.

Lastly I think on some level we don't want to admit that we might have spent time on things that wasn't all that great so we fool ourselves to justify watching bad animes by giving them a much higher score than they deserve.
KempsiiFeb 23, 2017 12:13 PM
Feb 23, 2017 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
OK, when I read some posts, I realized that people like me (having a mean score around 5) are called "haters". I personally don't hate animes except the ones I've given a 1. Every anime has good sides and bad sides. And I thinnk having a mean score of over 9 is meaningless. You just can't like everything you watch. There will always be the ones you don't like and that is exactly why there is a rating system. I think a mean score can't be over 7 and below 3. Because people can't be that optimistic or pessimistic.
Feb 23, 2017 1:38 PM
Nov 2016
raisa864 said:
Coming from someone who's watched 300 anime (259 days worth) and has a mean average of 8.52, I never felt like any of the anime I watched was below a 5 (below average) in terms of enjoyment. There are some titles that were bad but I just don't remember them so they're not included in my list.

How is that even possible? 260 days with only 300 shows? I am at 1.9k with 215 days. It's not like you only watched shows with 500+ episodes
Feb 23, 2017 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
How dare they enjoy anime more than we do!! Down with them! Down I say!
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 23, 2017 2:03 PM
Mar 2014
Soo, mine is a 7 just because you can't name a lot of anime that has a 10 rating, i have a couple(like 3 or 4) with a 10.
I think 10's should be given to absolute masterpieces and its always your opinion on what a 10 is.
I will never overate a series, I will rate a series based on how i've felt watching it.
10's rarely come around these days
This life is a marathon, I'm on a steady pace
Feb 23, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2015
Because they watch what they like..

Feb 23, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2014
Star- said:
raisa864 said:
Coming from someone who's watched 300 anime (259 days worth) and has a mean average of 8.52, I never felt like any of the anime I watched was below a 5 (below average) in terms of enjoyment. There are some titles that were bad but I just don't remember them so they're not included in my list.

How is that even possible? 260 days with only 300 shows? I am at 1.9k with 215 days. It's not like you only watched shows with 500+ episodes

I compared our myanimelists in terms of completed anime (excluding the currently watching, on hold, dropped which also factor into total days).
I completed 199 TV shows (of different episode ranges) of the 276 I completed all together. The rest of the 77 were OVAS, specials, movies. I rewatched 42 shows. In total, I had 14918 episodes.
For you, you completed 596 TV shows (a lot more than me). The rest of the 1.9K, however, were specials, OVAS, and movies. That's why your episode count was 13566 (less than mine).
Even though I completed less (almost a third of yours), I must have watched TV shows with more episodes.
Feb 23, 2017 6:42 PM

Aug 2009
The only answer I can give you is that they're trolling, either that or they just have a genuine love for all the japanese have created and can look past the flaws to see the blessed work that kamisama has put upon us.
Feb 23, 2017 6:42 PM
Jun 2006
I try to make sure i only watch shows that I'll like...

But I'm not quite at 9 yet
Feb 23, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2016
After looking at the stats for the new SAO movie, I have come to believe many of these odd creatures congregate there.

Feb 23, 2017 8:52 PM
Oct 2016
maybe everything he watched so far was up his alley

or maybe he has dyslexia and thinks that 10 is 01

Feb 23, 2017 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
i find it funny even after pullman's post, people still missed the point of low ratings and just assumed they hate anime =_= not that hard people
Feb 23, 2017 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
Mastergold said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

have dam shrugs, i liked your comment to much
Feb 23, 2017 11:47 PM

Aug 2016
I enjoyed everything I watched so far, that's all. Because you get to pick what anime you're going to watch, right? I made the right picks.
Feb 24, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2015
They either just put really high scores for a laugh, or more than likely don't think about what their rating.

Personally, before I give something a 9 or a 10 I think to myself "Is this really one of my all time favourites?"
Feb 24, 2017 3:55 AM

Oct 2015
LOL. i saw a lot of people giving 10 in their score i know its their list and they are free to do what they want with it and its their opinion but cmon there is no such a thing as 10 out of 10 there is always something that prevents that 10.
for me when i enjoy an anime i ll put 7 that means its good.
I have never seen an anime that deserves 10 out of 10.
Feb 24, 2017 6:24 AM

Oct 2015
Well, I think I'm similar if not identical to that guy. Although I haven't listed hundreds of Animes I've watched because.. Too lazy.
And I don't remember how much I liked many of the Animus I have listed, so.. They just end up being blank.

But it works sorta if not completely like this for me:

10 > OMERGERD I FOKKIN LOV DIS! AAAAAAAAA *wipes tears from one eye*
9 > AWESOME! <33333
8 > Yay, I really liked this :D!!!!!!!
7 > This was great :)
6 > It was ok :o
5 > Watchable
4 > Ehh.. Boring
3 > No.
2 > Fucking cringy
1 > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ga3RynBD8s0/hqdefault.jpg https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/wsr/image/1469/66/1469661056390.jpg

To be honest, I doubt I'll give a 1 to something in a looooong time, cause I watch Anime I know I'll like/fit my genre. Unless I'm doing random-picking.
Or even a 2/3. Maybe I have a few 4s, MAYBE, and to find a 4 I guess I would have to list every Anime I've watched ever and the ones I do remember how much I enjoyed, and that's just a hassle... Cause I gotta find them first of all, and I gotta remember how much I liked it -.-
Feb 24, 2017 7:40 AM

Dec 2016
The main factor I usually go on when rating an anime is how much I was compelled to watch one episode after another, or in other words, binge watching(unless it was an anime movie). Something else I also go off of is how attached was the anime able to make the characters to me. The interpersonal/emotional side usually holds a high priority for me, but of course there can be exceptions such as those times when I'm in the mood for some action/adventure or something similar that may not normally come with high amount of that sort of content. In general though I'm pretty casual when it comes to rating.
Feb 24, 2017 8:28 AM

Jun 2015
PheolingAnimu said:
Well he at least explained his thought process so i'll share it with you.
"Let me explain my thought process here.
My to go to score is 9, and the only requirement to get a 9 from me is "Do I enjoy what I watch?" if yes, then it's a 9.
However, if I ejnoy it a lot, then it's a 10, and if only ejnoy it somewhat less then it's an 8, and if I ejoy it less than that, it's a 7 or at worst a 6.
And I don't use the 1-5 scale at all, to low numbers aren't fun to give out, so I don't."
he's clearly not watched charlotte yet.

I wouldnt have either if I'd known how shit it is.......

I dont have a high mean score[ maybe] but I choose somewhat carefully and therefor enjoy what I watch more.
now if I added hentai to my list, every one I got off to[ so almost all of them] woud be rated atleast 8, mostly 10's.
Feb 24, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2010
if i finish a show i canT see myself giving it lower than a 7 at the absoluTe least. I mean if its lower than a 7 to me why did i finish it?
Feb 24, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
I have a friend with 9+ mean score. He said that he only rate what he likes and when he enjoys the anime, so if he don't like an anime, he will not rate it. I think is not a problem if you do that.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 3 minutes ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
3 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

15 by TRC_Randy »»
4 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

4 by LightWorker »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

43 by TRC_Randy »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

32 by nishant0 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.