Forum Settings
Forums

Does anyone ever feel like anime is inferior to western television.

New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2017 3:37 PM

Jun 2015
Hell no lol.

Seriously though, there are just as many shit/masterpieces in both domains. You need only look.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 13, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2015
yeah man I think that every day
Samurai Jack is just so much fucking better then all anime, how can they compete? It destroys every single anime that it comes up against. The other shows don't matter and will never matter because no one cares but Samurai Jack, now that's some good shit.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Feb 13, 2017 3:38 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:
You give me too much credit. I didn't intend to make a counterargument at all.

That would be pointless exercise of my patience.

You have no patience and you have no counterargument. You lose.
Patience is best spent on plausible tasks, darling. I win. I didn't spend my time on a brick.
Feb 13, 2017 3:40 PM

Jul 2016
Tylaen said:
Patience is best spent on plausible tasks, darling. Not killing a stone wall.

You have not patience enough to take the time to defend your viewpoint, so your patience is measurably non-existent.
Feb 13, 2017 3:42 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:
Patience is best spent on plausible tasks, darling. Not killing a stone wall.

You have not patience enough to take the time to defend your viewpoint, so your patience is measurably non-existent.
Why would I defend my viewpoint against a non-threat, whose opinion depends on extremes?

Don't assume my characteristics based on your narrow knowledge.
Feb 13, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2016
Tylaen said:
Why would I defend my viewpoint against a non-threat, whose opinion depends on extremes?

You've contributed no meaningful discussion here with your edgy reactionary GIF that belongs in Forum Games rather than in Anime Discussion.
Feb 13, 2017 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:

You've contributed no meaningful discussion here with your edgy reactionary GIF that belongs in Forum Games rather than in Anime Discussion.
Assuming I was aiming for meaningful discussion was your first mistake but I'm glad you've decided to indulge me! I always bask in mud throwing.
Feb 13, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
Tylaen said:
Assuming I was aiming for meaningful discussion was your first mistake but I'm glad you've decided to indulge me! I always bask in mud throwing.

You've already committed an act of cowardice with your white text. At least have the dignity of a good troll by not doing that.
Feb 13, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
The only western television I watch is ESPN, gah damn.

Feb 13, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:

You've already committed an act of cowardice with your white text. At least have the dignity of a good troll by not doing that.
I don't stake my dignity on something so low.

Also, just seeing the image is more appealing to the eye, imo.
Feb 13, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2015
You two are overthinking this. This is very simple. As with everything, there are good and bad stuff. Saying anime is the best, or western tv is the best in this particular discussion is just ignorant and childish. You can say you like anime/western tv better, but you can't be absolute. So stop your pointless e-peen measuring.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
katsaroulhs said:
You two are overthinking this. This is very simple. As with everything, there are good and bad stuff. Saying anime is the best, or western tv is the best in this particular discussion is just ignorant and childish. You can say you like anime/western tv better, but you can't be absolute. So stop your pointless e-peen measuring.
I've not said any of this but pardon me for misattributing this post to myself, if it wasn't aimed here.

My thoughts are already on the front page.
Feb 13, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2016
katsaroulhs said:

All he had to do was make a decent counterargument like a real man. Strong arguments are written in statements. That's something taught in school.

My work here is done!

Edit: @Tylaen Just saw your thoughts. Why don't people with unrealistic standards just keep to themselves instead of taking a shit on the positivity of everyone else? Why is being negative your goal in life? It sounds like you're the brick wall with your geocentric world view.
IpreferEcchiFeb 13, 2017 4:07 PM
Feb 13, 2017 4:00 PM

Sep 2016
No.

#Thirtycharacterlimitneedstostop
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2017 4:00 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
katsaroulhs said:

All he had to do was make a decent counterargument like a real man. Strong arguments are written in statements. That's something taught in school.

My work here is done!
In your honor, I shall not put white text here

IpreferEcchi said:
Just saw your thoughts. Why don't people with unrealistic standards just keep to themselves instead of taking a shit on the positivity of everyone else? Why is being negative your goal in life? It sounds like you're the brick wall with your geocentric world view.
Because I obviously delight In the misery and only seek the death of all joy everywhere.
TylaenFeb 13, 2017 4:10 PM
Feb 13, 2017 4:01 PM

Jun 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
katsaroulhs said:

My work here is done!

There are no counterarguments if your opinion is "anime is better". For every anime you consider a masterpiece, anyone can present an equal masterpiece from western tv, and vice-versa of course.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Feb 13, 2017 4:11 PM

Jul 2016
katsaroulhs said:
There are no counterarguments if your opinion is "anime is better". For every anime you consider a masterpiece, anyone can present an equal masterpiece from western tv, and vice-versa of course.

If there are no counterarguments, then no response is necessary. It's an ego trip otherwise. And quarrelsome to boot. Live for positivity. Shame on him for not being mature enough to accept opposing viewpoints gracefully.
Feb 13, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
katsaroulhs said:

If there are no counterarguments, then no response is necessary. It's an ego trip otherwise. And quarrelsome to boot. Live for positivity. Shame on him for not being mature enough to accept opposing viewpoints gracefully.

You are pissing me off. I am losing my patience with the second. I am dropping this.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Feb 13, 2017 4:16 PM
Sep 2011
I like watching both western TV and anime but I would say that Anime has better soundtracks for sure (this is just my opinion)
Feb 13, 2017 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
Absolutely, if the west ever decided to take advantage of animation and not confine it to just comedies and series aimed at young kids it would blow anime out the water.
Feb 13, 2017 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
@EcchiLordMamster This is what it's all about, right?

IpreferEcchi said:
And Western cartoons are too sterilized. There's no pantsu. No oppai. No nosebleeds. No tsunderes. Etc.

SMH at silly people who are blinded by the beginning of a post when the end of it presents a perfect opportunity for counterargument. But no. They see "You're completely invested in it or you have no business with it." and their brain shuts off.
Feb 13, 2017 4:33 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
@EcchiLordMamster This is what it's all about, right?

IpreferEcchi said:
And Western cartoons are too sterilized. There's no pantsu. No oppai. No nosebleeds. No tsunderes. Etc.

SMH at silly people who are blinded by the beginning of a post when the end of it presents a perfect opportunity for counterargument. But no. They see "You're completely invested in it or you have no business with it." and their brain shuts off.
I thought you were done here. Was the temptation too much to bear?
Feb 13, 2017 4:36 PM

Jul 2016
Tylaen said:

Do you see how stupid you looked by not educating yourself to the full contents of my post and then crafting an informed reply?
Feb 13, 2017 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:

Do you see how stupid you looked by not educating yourself to the full contents of my post and then crafting an informed reply?
I don't know why you keep assuming I was trying anything in that vein, but it does speak to your own reading comprehension.
Feb 13, 2017 4:40 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@ipreferecchi

everything about anime just appeals that much more to me... my interest in western cartoons was DESTROYED by Pokemon and Digimon

and being someone who doesn't care about story, (regardless of the content) idgaf what western animation has to offer in that regard, cause im simply not going to get the same feeling i do when i watch anime

and no its not a "i just like it better because its Japanese" thing, since i know some ppl will say that... no, i love western movies, although i don't watch them much anymore, and im not necessarily going to like a japanese live action better than a western, but when it comes to cartoons, anime is untouched for me
Feb 13, 2017 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Tylaen said:
I don't know why you keep assuming I was trying anything in that vein, but it does speak to your own reading comprehension.

You're priding yourself in shitposting on a discussion subforum. You're the worst kind of motherfucker to me.

Now I'm out. Because I've seen every angle of you.
Feb 13, 2017 4:44 PM

Apr 2015
IpreferEcchi said:
Tylaen said:

You're priding yourself in shitposting on a discussion subforum. You're the worst kind of motherfucker to me.

Now I'm out. Because I've seen every angle of you.
I mean, I think I answered this already but you obviously missed that part too.

I won't miss you! Stay away!
Feb 13, 2017 4:57 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Not at all. If it wasn't for a few HBO/Netflix shows, this question wouldn't even be worth asking, and for all ten of them I could you give like a dozen good anime.
An another thing, I hate how so many promising Western tv shows just get cancelled, and screw you if you wanted more. (Still miss Flash Forward). Some don't even get a chance at some kind of ending. It's not always bad, though, as some tv shows just don't know when to end (purposely made that way).

As for animation, let's not even go there. Western tv animation is really weak at best. I'd rather watch more school anime than another wacky flash-animated comedy.
Maybe the new Samurai Jack will save it.
BatoKusanagiFeb 13, 2017 5:48 PM
Feb 13, 2017 5:28 PM
Jun 2015
Andan210 said:

Seriously, "making recognizable characters" is a stupid argument. The reason why anime art style is better it's because is more appealing, more sexy, more atractive and more cute than the overused, exaggerated, cartoony art style used by the majority of western animation. I don't care if the western art style is "more recognizable" (wich is not), the anime art style still looks better, by a large, large margin.
its not really when it takes out of the show. Knowing which character is which at the beginning of a scene adds to the immersion. If I have to think about it the artists failed at their job.
Feb 13, 2017 5:29 PM

Jun 2014
Modern western live-action television is absolute garbage, and it's rare to find any western cartoons that are even remotely watchable these days.

That being said, most modern Anime isn't watchable either, but the older stuff is the best thing in the world.

Feb 13, 2017 5:44 PM
Feb 2014
Folks, I don't know what to tell you. This bait is so low energy that Jeb Bush could do better. This post is nothing but a big fat mess. We're gonna make bait posting great again.
Feb 13, 2017 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
15poundfish said:
Andan210 said:

Seriously, "making recognizable characters" is a stupid argument. The reason why anime art style is better it's because is more appealing, more sexy, more atractive and more cute than the overused, exaggerated, cartoony art style used by the majority of western animation. I don't care if the western art style is "more recognizable" (wich is not), the anime art style still looks better, by a large, large margin.
its not really when it takes out of the show. Knowing which character is which at the beginning of a scene adds to the immersion. If I have to think about it the artists failed at their job.

Except that you don't have to think about it, because it's always clear which character is which in a series. I was responding to your hypothetical scenario of "what happens if we remove hair style/colors", not talking about a normal anime character design.
If someone really finds it difficult to differentiate normal characters in a show, then that person is the one with the problem (maybe they have memory problems or attention deficit), not the artist.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Feb 13, 2017 6:02 PM

Sep 2015
Western media produces a lot of garbage and a few gems every year.
Eastern media produces a lot of garbage and a few gems every year.

You just lost the game
Feb 13, 2017 6:16 PM

Feb 2016
I don't really see the point in generalizing this much.

I haven't seen every Western television show, nor have I seen every Anime out there, but from my experience, it's misguided to try and compare the two.

I've yet to see an anime that deals with the same subject in the same way as a western tv show. There are many different shows out there. Some are amazing, many are decent, and some are terrible. This isn't something the West or Japan can escape.

As far as subject matter, Western television rarely deals with school settings in any kind of comparable way to anime. For example, I cannot name a Clannad equivalent in Western television (maybe someone else can).

Once you start comparing Western animated tv shows to Japanese ones, the similarities grow even weaker. A great example is something like South Park. It's an amazing satire, but it feels like it wouldn't work with a Japanese audience. Maybe there is something similar to South Park in anime, I did admit that I haven't see it all, but given the popularity and high acclaim South Park enjoys, you would think that there would be some crossover with audiences, but I've yet to see it.

Feb 13, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2013
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Anime is definitely 1000% better than American reality shows like Keeping up with the Kardashians, Mobwives etc, definitely better than American tabloid talk shows like Jerry Springer, Maury etc. and the late night anime structure that started in the 90's is a good system although not perfect. I would say though that western live action tv shows is the far better medium if you are a big fan of crime drama. Crime drama BARELY exists as a genre in anime while they are very common in live action tv shows. In live action tv shows you can get a lot of shows focusing on the police, forensic scientists, detectives, mobsters and even a show about a former Chemistry teacher who turned to selling meth. In anime you barely ever get shows like that. Sci fi now is also a more prominent genre in western tv than anime. Anime no longer strongly focuses on sci fi like it did in the 80's and 90's and the space opera genre in anime that was popular in the 70's now is basically dead with the exception of a few modern remakes here and there. Currently in the 2010's there is a greater amount of sci fi live action tv series than sci fi anime tv series. The only non mecha, non superpowers 2010's sci fi anime tv series I can think of are Steins Gate , the new GITS anime, Space Battleship Yamato 2199(which is a remake), Terraformars and I guess Kiznaiver even though that's more drama/romance than sci fi while for 2010's sci fi tv shows there are Continuum, Black Mirror, Westworld, Killjoys, Dark Matter, The Expanse, Falling Skies, Almost Human, Defiance, Ascension, The 100, 12 Monkeys, Humans, Sense8, Defiance etc. Heck there are even channels like Syfy and Space that are specifically for live action sci fi tv shows.

Anime I guess is better than live action tv series for romance since there are main focus romance anime that cater to males and females while romance live action tv series mainly target females. However imo Jane the Virgin is better than any anime romcom I've seen. Overall though anime is an easier medium to rapidly consume than western live action tv series because of late night anime only being like 2 seasons for one show and each episode only being like 20 something minutes while live action tv series tend to have 40 something minute episodes and span multiple seasons.

When it comes to cartoons for me cartoons are better at comedy than anime. Anime never makes me laugh till I cry. Even though I'm a big battle shonen fan I would also say that superhero cartoons are better than battle shonen anime. Superhero cartoons don't follow comics the way battle shonen anime follows manga. Superhero tv cartoons take ideas , characters from comics but aren't page for page adaptions and aren't bound to comics as advertising so they don't have filler arcs . Superhero tv cartoons (especially episodic ones)give more importance to minor villains and don't just have them as lackeys for a main villain as is usually the case in battle shonen. Superhero tv cartoons also don't have power creep like battle shonen where a new villain is usually stronger than the last villain and the last villain loses importance as a villain by becoming an ally. Like the Joker and Lex Luthor even though they are just humans with no powers would not lose importance as main villains if more powerful villains show up. Like in Shippuden Orochimaru lost importance as a villain since the Akatsuki was a bigger threat , Akatsuki higher ups like Pain ,Obito and Madara far outclassed him in power and he became an ally.Another example is Aoshi Shinomori from Rurouni Kenshin becoming an ally in the end of the Kyoto arc and losing importance as a villain at the beginning of the arc since Shishio was the far greater threat. In contrast in Batman Brave and the Bold the Joker never lost prominence as a major villain even though a far more powerful major villain like Equinox was introduced. Likewise in Superman TAS and Justice League Lex Luthor never became obsolete as a main villain because of the introduction of Superman's powerful alien villains like Darkseid, Lobo, Brainiac. Superhero cartoons lack of focus on power level created the best animated villain organization in animated history which is the Light from Young Justice. A villain organization where the members are partners and are mainly made up of strategists instead of super powered fighters working under a more powerful villain.

Cartoons always get shit on for being episodic but people SEVERELY UNDERESTIMATE episodic storytelling. Being episodic allows for far more settings for example Mickey Mouse 2013 has a different world destination like almost every episode. Mickey can be in Tokyo one episode, in England in the next one, in India, in Brazil, in Hawaii, in Switzerland, in Egypt, in Turkey, in France. In serial late night anime you generally never get that amount of different real world settings. Another example is Martin Mystery. Martin Mystery for me is a far better supernatural show than the Monogatari series because it's episodic. Martin Mystery can focus on a different supernatural being every episode unlike the Monogatari series which is confined to just a few girls. Martin Mystery is also not saddled down with a lot sexual fanservice to take away from the main focus on the supernatural. Nisemonogatari felt like watching an ecchi anime with supernatural just thrown in as secondary like Rosario + Vampire.

Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, American Dad demonstrates how great episodic storytelling can be for long running shows. These three shows have very strong character focus even more so than a lot of anime since even minor characters can get episodes to themselves and the best thing is that it's all CANON.

IpreferEcchi said:
How are these sterilized?

Flame Princess and Pizzazz are better tsundere characters than any tsundere anime characters.

_Ako_ said:
I dunno man, I haven't fapped to cartoons so I wouldn't know that.
You are missing out.

RoryBurrows said:
Teen Titans Go!
Powerpuff Girls 2016
Breadwinners
Sanjay & Craig
Ben 10 2016
The list goes on and on..

Grimgar
Mayoiga
Shimoneta
Skycrawlers
Heavy Object
Kampfer
Okami san and her seven companions
Mirai Nikki
Akame Ga Kill
No Game No Life
Overlord
Bloody Night
Born by Myself
C.L.A.Y
Chainsaw Maid
Mars of Destruction
Shitcom
Hanoka
Kokuhaku
Kremlin
KY Kei JC Kuukichan
Maid of the Dead
Majo no Takkyuubin
Military!

and the list goes on and on.
DrGeroCreationFeb 13, 2017 7:08 PM
Feb 13, 2017 7:07 PM

Feb 2015
@DrGeroCreation

Yeah, I'm missing out a lot, there's some goodies that are airing this season, but I will watch it once the season is done.
Feb 13, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
_Ako_ said:
@DrGeroCreation

Yeah, I'm missing out a lot, there's some goodies that are airing this season, but I will watch it once the season is done.
I haven't watched any anime this season. Onihei and Chaos;Child are the only non sequel anime this season that look worth watching for me.
Feb 13, 2017 7:28 PM
Jun 2015
Andan210 said:
remove hair style/colors", not talking about a normal anime character design.
If someone really finds it difficult to differentiate normal characters in a show, then that person is the one with the problem (maybe they have memory problems or attention deficit), not the artist.

Joker Game (same face syndrome and similar hair combo), Clannad (dual purple hair), Osomatsu-san( all of the main characters) are pretty confusing at times.
Feb 13, 2017 8:10 PM

Feb 2015
DrGeroCreation said:
_Ako_ said:
@DrGeroCreation

I haven't watched any anime this season. Onihei and Chaos;Child are the only non sequel anime this season that look worth watching for me.

As I remember, Chaos;Child is like the one, or at least related to the series, that I forgot the name... But, well, anyway, Onihei is not for me. Not really into samurai/historical shit...

@IpreferEcchi... Ohhh so your "harassing" others again, just PM me and the link of the rant thread you'll make about CD, if your done with @Tylaen, and if he, does seem to trigger you to the point that you'll play the "victim"...

Anyway, I'm always up for shitposting + drama thread ;)
Feb 13, 2017 8:15 PM

Jun 2014
@DrGeroCreation - Do people really hate on cartoons for being episodic?

Smh. PriPara, Aikatsu and Precure are episodic and kid friendly and better than most anime. Not saying the other anime are bad, but I have realized that these episodic kids anime are so fun.

I am watching 7 long running kids anime and they are very enjoyable.
Feb 13, 2017 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
For me, definitely.
But to be honest, I've seen very little of western tv... Heck, I don't even have a tv in my room xD Feel free to give some recommendations for good series, although I doubt I'll ever check them out (my interest lies more within anime/manga or asian drama) :X
Feb 13, 2017 11:05 PM
Sep 2015
I don't think one is inferior to another, as long as it gives a good or at least an entertaining story I'll watch it
Feb 13, 2017 11:18 PM

Feb 2016
DrGeroCreation said:

[. . .]

When it comes to cartoons for me cartoons are better at comedy than anime. Anime never makes me laugh till I cry.

[. . .]

Cartoons always get shit on for being episodic but people SEVERELY UNDERESTIMATE episodic storytelling. Being episodic allows for far more settings for example Mickey Mouse 2013 has a different world destination like almost every episode. Mickey can be in Tokyo one episode, in England in the next one, in India, in Brazil, in Hawaii, in Switzerland, in Egypt, in Turkey, in France. In serial late night anime you generally never get that amount of different real world settings. Another example is Martin Mystery. Martin Mystery for me is a far better supernatural show than the Monogatari series because it's episodic. Martin Mystery can focus on a different supernatural being every episode unlike the Monogatari series which is confined to just a few girls. Martin Mystery is also not saddled down with a lot sexual fanservice to take away from the main focus on the supernatural. Nisemonogatari felt like watching an ecchi anime with supernatural just thrown in as secondary like Rosario + Vampire.

Regular Show, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, American Dad demonstrates how great episodic storytelling can be for long running shows. These three shows have very strong character focus even more so than a lot of anime since even minor characters can get episodes to themselves and the best thing is that it's all CANON.

[. . .]

I see what you mean, but honestly, I've laughed out loud to Masamune-kun no Revenge, Clannad, and even Yuru Yuri. Though from my exposure, anime humour tends to come character expressions, dialogue, funny animations, and reactions. Western cartoons, especially satires like South Park and Family Guy, deliver much more complicated jokes, which often have a lasting punch to them. Maybe there are anime out there with similar style of humour, but I've yet to see it.

Episodic storytelling is actually quote tough to do. You have a much tighter arc that needs to have development and payoff. If you condense it to 24 minutes, you're going to face a challenge or relevance and pacing. Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama, and South Park are great examples of episode story telling done well, however, even some of their episodes fall flat. I don't think either style is better or worse, they're just different ways of telling stories. Episodic arcs fit well for satires and comedies, or in the Japanese context, slice of life. But extended arcs over seasons can be very captivating as well. They just come at a greater risk of filler and viewer drop off. To me, it feels like it's easier to retain an audience with episodic arcs versus arcs that span seasons.

I love American Dad, but to shit on it a little, American Dad takes pride in how incoherent it is and while it's a fun show to watch, it's a god-awful mess when it comes to finding any sort of internal consistency. It's a much more South-park-ian approach to satire, which is what I think MacFarlane was going for, but it just lacks that edge. There are episodes where I cannot stop laughing and then there are episodes which legitimately make me question why I continue to watch the show.

Feb 14, 2017 12:37 AM

Dec 2015
Objectively seen both are equal, but subjectively I like anime more. Western TV shows are more often than not cop shows, which I'm bored to death with. I also don't really like American humor because it feels so dumb to me (think stuff like The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy etc.). With British humor it depends as I'm a big fan of Mr. Bean but not so much of for example Falwty Towers. With anime I just tend to find the things I love much more frequently.
Feb 14, 2017 12:43 AM
Aug 2013
Sadly, this is becoming the case with modern shows when anime became only about the premise if not being full of cute girls doing cute things. 90s anime however, were way ahead of western shows in terms of writing, if you had asked this question back then, you'd simply just be laughed at. I don't know how anime regressed so bad but it did.
Feb 14, 2017 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
Quite on the contrary, I find anime to be very much better.

American cartoon shows are shit. Pure and simple. If they were listed on MAL's database, I would rate the greatest majority of them with 1/10. Simpsons, Spongebob, Family Guy, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, King of the Hill, American Dad, Samurai Jack, Ponies and shit all of them get 1/10 and I'm still being too kind.
I would even raise my rating of Shitcom from 1/10 to 2/10 just to show how even Shitcom is better than American cartoons.
Granted though, some European cartoons are actually good and would get much better ratings, but still they don't compare to anime.

Now I think it's unfair to compare live action series with animated series. Completely different mediums.
If you're to compare West World and Breaking Bad and think they're better than Asian ones, do so with live action Asian series. Not with anime.
I mean... if we do that, then we would also have to note that everything is shit when compared to classic literature so why are we even watching those, just read more Dostoyevsky.

But even so, even if you really have to compare western live action series to animated japanese series, I still find the japanese ones better.
So there is Breaking Bad, which is good. Wire and House of Cards which are good. West World which is, well, eh... let's just say it's good too. But for all those rare good series, there are plenty Supernaturals, American Horror Stories, Walking Deads and Games of Thrones which are utter bullshit, so in the end of it all, it's easier to find good anime than western live action series. So yeah, anime is still better.
kodialFeb 14, 2017 1:34 AM
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 14, 2017 3:25 AM

May 2015
Anime is undoubtedly better. Most Western TV shows suck balls.

Feb 14, 2017 4:10 AM

Jun 2015
there was a time when both anime and western cartoons were on the same level.

the old dc cartoons, then marvel cartoons and cartoon network stuff. the new stuff looks retarded. ben10 is shit.

now if your talking about live action, well, its not animated so you cant compare anime to western american live action anyways.

I personally like crime drama cop shows so watch those.

but as far as animated is concerned, anime is just superior.
Feb 14, 2017 4:42 AM

Feb 2016
European art house>the non-mistake anime>average of american live action schlock

European art house>best american live action>best anime

3D porn>ecchi/hentai

bollywood>generic moeblobs

edit: @katsaroulhs @Tylaen @IpreferEcchi Thank you guys I had a good laugh, a really well prepared sketch. It must have been really hard pretending to be so dumb tho, seemed pretty realistic.
SpaghettiSpikeFeb 14, 2017 8:14 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
People who think that are called Western Weeaboos.
They can never have anything not western be better than them or they will feel inferior.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ?

Yonahim_Zz - 9 hours ago

18 by Yonahim_Zz »»
55 seconds ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

25 by chungzic »»
5 minutes ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

28 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Disney Japan Executive Promises to Censor Anime

rohan121 - 7 hours ago

40 by Piromysl »»
17 minutes ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

60 by traed »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.