Forum Settings
Forums

Does your taste in Anime change as you grow older?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 16, 2017 3:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Im pretty meh towards shounen battles now
At first that was pretty much what i watched tho, now i just got tired of them
There's some little surprise here and there like Nanatsu no Taizai and Gintama still being modafokin #1 for me but... idk, most of them are pretty boring to me now. (yeah, even HxH. been a year or more and didnt even watched 50 episodes)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 16, 2017 4:46 PM
Oct 2012
Currently 24 and watching Non Non Biyori. Didn't change much.
Feb 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
I think, for me, it is a mix of growing older and also having seen so much anime by now. I have a tendency to be more critical now, and whether I enjoy an anime has a bit more to do with whether I've seen the plot and characters before.
If it's default nerdy, nice guy meets default tsundere girl, 'steals' the girl's first kiss and then they have to live together/be engaged/end up in the same class, that's what will annoy me a bit. So I will still watch a series like that, just as I would have when I was a 15 year old girl. My 'filter' is just a bit more refined now that I'm 26.
And in addition to series I would have enjoyed as a teenager, now I ALSO like more grown up animes. So it's not a complete shift in taste, but an expansion for me :)
Feb 16, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2016
Fawers said:
Currently 24 and watching Non Non Biyori. Didn't change much.

Looks like we're on the same track.... I just downloaded it lol.

Its setting was repulsive to me back then, but after reviewing the trailers.. I might try it out.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Feb 16, 2017 7:27 PM

Dec 2016
I like every genre but as I'm older now I have begun to like Psychological Thrillers more like Death Note, Monster or the movie Perfect Blue too. So yes I have changed my tastes a little.
Feb 16, 2017 8:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SeasonADay said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

this word killed it :/

im 27 and im a huge fan of fanservice, harem, moe and loli , what you tryna say? >.>

anyway, no, i always liked the female characters the most therefore has always gravitated towards female oriented anime

I cute female characters that have good personality. If it's just some bullshit that is too cute with no story it's shit though.
I always liked anime with a good story. anime with a bunch of men is a NO. If anime has a bunch of men and a bad story it's a pile of shit.
The anime needs to have at least some women in it.

My taste has never changed.

LOL idgas about "good story" im going to be entertained just watching characters do shit in general, especially if its cute/sexy girls

"bad story" doesn't stop cute for being cute or sexy from being sexy, which ofc are reasons for me to watch
Feb 16, 2017 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
EcchiLordMamster said:
SeasonADay said:

I cute female characters that have good personality. If it's just some bullshit that is too cute with no story it's shit though.
I always liked anime with a good story. anime with a bunch of men is a NO. If anime has a bunch of men and a bad story it's a pile of shit.
The anime needs to have at least some women in it.

My taste has never changed.

LOL idgas about "good story" im going to be entertained just watching characters do shit in general, especially if its cute/sexy girls

"bad story" doesn't stop cute for being cute or sexy from being sexy, which ofc are reasons for me to watch

shhhhhhhhhhh look at his favorites, he clearly has no idea what a good story is in the first place *wink*
Feb 16, 2017 10:19 PM

Nov 2013
You know I sorta hate posts like these, it brings up a conveyer belt that doesn't exist but people are socially blackmailed to adjust.

I see genres like musical notes on which some tend to go higher at different stages, But I however don't believe nor buy the concept of replacing your tastes for your age or because anything.

I hate the replacement mentality. You can watch whatever you want and shouldn't place something above another. It's histérica how many loops people go through and reduce themselves to 1 software running computer.

If I want Ecchi, I'd watch it or if tomorrow I want a Psychological genre then I'll watch it. Whereas others speaks of their tastes as if it were fashion.

Today I'll like something but because I have grow older I have to like some else mentality is utter lunacy.

To quote the Taco commercial girl, "Why not both?".

Anime can relate but it can also be used for escapism, limiting yourself on fiction is utter stupidity. It is there for a reason, to limit yourself it's willful blindness.

Humans aren't 1 dimensional beings, we don't only accept 1 idea at a time and we don't get our brain melted if another concept comes in. We have now two ideas or concepts, but the madNess of the western otaku is how much theyre willing to just submit themselves to just 1 thing and don't contemplate the thought of entertaining as much as they can.
ChaoticThinkerFeb 16, 2017 10:24 PM
Hayao Miyazaki was a Mistake
-Anime

Feb 16, 2017 10:33 PM

Dec 2015
I only really got into anime 2 years ago so far my taste hasn't really changed.
Feb 16, 2017 10:36 PM
May 2015
In 2015 I always searched from Ecchi Harem anime like Highschool DxD and To Love-Ru. Now I look for more serious anime with a deep story and as little romance as possible. It's been two years and im no longer in school, but my interest of ecchi hasn't been completly distinguished. Today I saw a ecchi anime made in 2005 and got interested and put it in my list (since I watch very new ecchi anime now). My taste changes a lot because just watching ecchi anime would be boring, I need various categories.
Feb 16, 2017 10:37 PM
Jan 2017
I just explored more genre. I still enjoy boobs, but now try more stuff that is not just an action shonen, and try more drama and slice of life. Granted now I see both sub and dub instead of just dub.
Feb 16, 2017 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
Not really. I'm 21 now and I never did care much for ecchi, harem, or remotely like yaoi/yuri. Aside from those my taste has actually broadened over time. When I first started my taste was very narrowly limited to school dramadies/romances and rarely battle shounen. After the first major expansion I've still broadened my boundaries a lot. Around three years ago I don't think I'd have even considered watching a mahou shoujo, much less believe that I'd wind up loving a series like Sailor Moon.

This is an ongoing process. Although I've dabbled in both, I still have a tendency to avoid slice of life and sports over other genres, but I recognize that, just like the genres before them, there are almost certainly plenty of good experiences to be had.

I do think my appreciation of specific series has lessened over time, but I don't think there's really anything I ever completely stopped enjoying. Even in the case of Kanon 06, for example, I ended up enjoying it a fair bit on rewatch thanks to the good character interactions and comedy. The drama was as bad as I figured it would fair for me now, but it didn't ruin in the experience in the way I thought it would.

There's no reason to be concerned imo.
Feb 17, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2009
Now that I'm close to 30, I'm more manga oriented than before, because in manga it's easier to find serious topics presented in a serious way (big fan of seinen genre as of late), while it seema to me most anime today have too much ecchi fanservice in which I was never that interested in, but quite despise as of last few years.
So tl;dr: I prefer older and serious anime and manga more than years ago when I would watch anything and enjoy it throughly. And despite having a kid of my own, I didn't become more oriented towards family anime.
Feb 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Jun 2014
Four years ago I really like such series as Fairy Tail, Elfen Lied, B gata H kei, first season of High School DxD. So, yeah, definetely changed.
Feb 17, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2015
ehh.. i wouldn't said changet since i still enjoy lot of series similiar to my previous time... devoped to wider type probably best description... also more to read manga than anime...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 17, 2017 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
I used to watch 1 anime per day but now only 1 anime per season. I feel like tv series are much better than animes. lol ?
Im a netflix boy now.
weebs
Feb 17, 2017 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
I don't think my taste changed at all. I always watch what I'm interested in.

Half a year ago I started to rewatch Pokémon which I watched 15 years ago. Although I know it's a kodomo anime I can tell you why I liked it back then. And to be honest I still really enjoy it even I'm 21 now and I would like to watch the new Pokémon anime, too. :D

Earlier I watched more ecchi anime. I still like them but I often found myself in a mood to watch more serious anime. ^^
Feb 17, 2017 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
When I was 12 years old I loved bloody anime.
Some time ago I was moefag.
Now I prefer dementia and psychological series.
Feb 17, 2017 5:43 PM

Nov 2007
I like old people anime now,yes.

anyway,i am just extremely picky at this point
Feb 17, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
I wouldn't say it changed. It's just the more shows I watch the harder it gets to keep watching cliches.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

130 by -YaoiBoy- »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

216 by Coaghim »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

33 by FanofAction »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 2 hours ago

7 by BitChilly »»
23 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

24 by Coaghim »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.