Forum Settings
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2017 2:52 AM

Apr 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
WTF was that! Did it skip something? Is this some kind of special side story?

It was kind of interesting building up tension. But it gave away that the empire lost the war so anything Tanya dose is pointless from now on.
Jan 22, 2017 4:17 AM

Apr 2008
Wow, this chapter really ruined much of the story for me, I did NOT want to know how the fucking war ended! Why would they spoil it before it even really started?

Well I guess I will just have to try and forget about this chapter as I continue reading.
Jan 22, 2017 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
I understand that the empire loosing was predictable, it is in line with our history. But the shift was to abrupt, the last chapter ended with Tanya getting promoted and getting her own wing and making plans on how to train them to hard so no one is left standing. Then time skip 40 years out of the blue.
There should have been another chapter with the training introducing some of her wing then we might have recognized some of the people interviewed and speculate if they are lying or not.
Introduce some group that is plotting against her so that we have more to speculate on what happened to her.
Jan 22, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2008
Nezperdian said:
Adviel said:
It was kind of interesting building up tension. But it gave away that the empire lost the war so anything Tanya dose is pointless from now on.

Xelzeno said:
Wow, this chapter really ruined much of the story for me, I did NOT want to know how the fucking war ended! Why would they spoil it before it even really started?

I'm gonna quote a comment from batoto
Folks should check out chapter 7 of the manga again.

In a drawn out war against the entire world, the Empire ultimately losing was never in doubt, and already out of their hands once they stuck out like a nail waiting to be hammered down. What the Empire could control was how and the degree that they lose by bleeding their enemies out before they can get a clear victory, so that in the end the Empire at least still maintain strong control over their own nation when all's said and done, and take that as their strategic victory.

Chapter 9 suggests that's exactly how it played out, if you look beyond "Empire lost":
The normal view of the other nations' citizens sees the Empire as the "losers" of the world war. But the Empire is evidently still in firm control of their own nation 40 years later, key personnel under open surveillance/"protection" against foreign personnel, and people who leak national secrets (such as the tip about the V600) tends to "disappear"

The empire losing was certainly the likely scenario, but a big part of it is that you didn't fully know, Tanya being thrown into this world with knowledge and modern tactics could change much, and this just spoils all such possibilities, it also spoils that she will never become some sort of saint as god seems to want it since she is not common knowledge.
Jan 22, 2017 9:49 PM

Aug 2016
Maybe there are some plot twist behind the empire's lost. Maybe Tanya planned it all. But this sudden anti-climax is somehow left so many mysteries about where Tanya was after 40 years post-war.
Feb 1, 2017 12:17 AM
Feb 2017
It confused me, and for some reasons,I wanted to ask if there will be more chapters, I mean, the manga didnt finished, right?
Feb 1, 2017 1:30 AM

Sep 2009
Mysterious loli is mysterious.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 1, 2017 9:34 AM
Oct 2013
Nezperdian said:
Chapter 9 suggests that's exactly how it played out, if you look beyond "Empire lost":
The normal view of the other nations' citizens sees the Empire as the "losers" of the world war. But the Empire is evidently still in firm control of their own nation 40 years later, key personnel under open surveillance/"protection" against foreign personnel, and people who leak national secrets (such as the tip about the V600) tends to "disappear"

So what volume is this spoiler? You can't find this explanation anywhere in chapter 9.
Mar 20, 2017 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
The survival of the top brass suggests that they went out on their own terms, and notGermany wasn't fucked over enough to become Nazis.

I really did not like having this chapter though, because its an AU the Empire losing is not a given, but now it just puts every subsequent chapter after it into a completely different mindset than without it, a mindset that you should have on a reread once its finished, not on the first read through the story.
Mar 23, 2017 8:10 PM
Jun 2013
Remember, I think around chapter 5, where the Republican Army Headquarters was watching a lovely video of an “Angelic” Tanya as she was “praying for God” while nuking her enemies………how is that not in the history books?!!!! That would have made such a cool record for god’s sake. It was priceless when all those political dudes saw an “innocent” Tanya and they say in the end “lord, preserve us." Jesus, talk about a waste of good material that should have been preserved in the history books. Not to mention there were glorious photos of her, and they are not in the history books? Wow, Being X doesn't want something recorded in history...........well then again it would look "bad" in a way if such a loli "Angel" had "innocently" fought for the "Evil Empire."
greed2Mar 23, 2017 8:24 PM
Jun 14, 2017 12:15 PM
Dec 2015
How I felt when I read Chapter 9

https://imgflip.com/i/1qw2rf?lerp=1497467457888
Aug 6, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
what a distasteful joke. way to spoil the ending right in the beginning.
Aug 11, 2021 9:34 PM
Jun 2021
This chapter single handedly ruined this series for me. Why would the author think its a good idea to spoil their own story. Now all the battles and alternative tellings of history mean nothing.
Jul 18, 2023 1:05 AM

Nov 2013
I quite like these future chapters, it's an interesting narrative choice.

To those complaining about "spoilers":
1) it doesn't actually spoil any specifics
2) this is how the novel is also written, so it's not a spoiler, it's a clue
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 22, 6:35 PM

Feb 2023
fcking spoilers in the mangaka interview at the end of the volume. kinda pissed about that ngl.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 3 Discussion

ichii_1 - Jan 9, 2017

1 by BlueBullet178 »»
Apr 15, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 69 Discussion

Gamorou - Nov 27, 2023

0 by Gamorou »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:25 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 40 Discussion

s2448 - Oct 17, 2023

0 by s2448 »»
Oct 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 65 Discussion

Gamorou - Sep 10, 2023

1 by RemiliaZen »»
Sep 10, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

7 by abystoma2 »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.