Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2016 7:39 AM

Mar 2013
I was just watching anime then suddenly my screen turned black the driver didn't recovered so i forced shut downed it btw my drivers are updated. Then after a successful boot when i was on the desktop then after a few minutes my screen turned blacked again then another boot and a few minutes the same issue acquired. Ib been having this problem in a few days/months but tonight was different. I resetted cleaned the graphics card the resitted it and i even removed my CMOS then resitting it but still no luck cause. No bloating capacitors are found on my motherboard. Then after i turned it on again it displays these weird colors ranging from red to blue then after starting windows its just black it doesn't show anything. But booting from safe mode seems to be fine and i let it on safe mode for 30 mins and my screen didn't turned black it was purely normal. Im suspecting my graphics card is at death's door cause its been 5-6 years that I bought my pc cause its a package type that comes with a dedicated card...
My specs are
AMD Phenom ii x2 560 BE 3.30ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT 430 1GB galaxy brand variant
4gb ram 1333mhz dual channel
600watts generic PSU
500gb 7200rpm hdd
1366x768 LG Monitor 5ms
Emaxx MCP61D3-iCafe Motherboard

Every boot the weird red and blue colors appear. even on startup on the repair options. but there its yellow the startup repair didn't do a thing it said it can't identify the problem even after the attempted repairs.
Dec 26, 2016 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
If you can boot it up normally in Safe Mode with the Standard VGA-Driver, then I suspect something must be wrong with your GPU Driver. You can try to uninstall the current Version you have and replace it (after the Restart) with the previous Version or with the Beta one.
Dec 26, 2016 10:58 AM
Oct 2016
Have you tried to hook your pc up to another monitor, it can simply be a bad monitor.
Dec 26, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2011
Just wondering why you have a 600 watt PSU with such a weak computer setup.
Dec 26, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
Noboru said:
If you can boot it up normally in Safe Mode with the Standard VGA-Driver, then I suspect something must be wrong with your GPU Driver. You can try to uninstall the current Version you have and replace it (after the Restart) with the previous Version or with the Beta one.

This

Boot into safe mode and uninstall your video drivers. Then normal boot and see if it works fine. If it does, your drivers were causing the issue.

Also uninstall any GPU modifying programs like MSI Afterburner. Ones that allow you to overclock and modify your GPU's settings. I know recently I updated my Afterburner and it was causing my GPU drivers to not function and I'd have a black screen until I uninstalled it.
Dec 26, 2016 4:04 PM

May 2015
re-seating your GPU may have caused the current problems. The initial black screens could have been actual crashes and not something wrong with the GPU.

More topics from this board

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Yesterday

11 by Nette »»
50 minutes ago

» Did anyone here own a Wii U?

Yuno - 5 hours ago

1 by Sadahon »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3717 by Clonazenyan »»
4 hours ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

36 by Clonazenyan »»
4 hours ago

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
Today, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.