Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of a repetitive episode, but well still quite funny :p
Jan 11, 2017 6:36 PM

May 2009
The only thing I don't like is how the mom treats her son as if it was his fault that Asuka is so lovey-dovey with her own brother when it was her fault for depriving Asuka from men in the first place because of a silly family tradition.
Jun 2, 2019 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
I wonder how Asuka has become so weird, the way the mother raised her was just perfect, where did it go wrong? the moment she decided to follow tradition of not letting her see any man? the moment she decided not to teach tsome basic biology and human knowlegde? The moment she decided to give her daughter some superhuman strength training?

Nah, it's probably Tobimaru's fault.

Apr 26, 2020 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
When watching this episode I thought of World Welfare Works Association and that Asuka would fit there well :D
Nov 26, 2020 11:29 AM
Apr 2018
- 06:20 "Darling must be hiding somewhere nearby. I've got to stop him, before he makes any strange moves."
- 17:00 "Wow! I can't believe it. She has even more power and speed that ASUKA!"
- CHERRY & his nonsense!
Jun 20, 2021 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
urusei yatsura became difficult to watch every time this character was on screen
Dec 28, 2022 10:05 PM

Jul 2022
Nothing changed.. Roketto Punch!!
Jul 7, 2023 8:20 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another Asuka episode is a good episode, you could argue her fear of men is kinda repetitive but I can’t lie when I say that every time she slaps a dude into the stratosphere I laugh lol, it’s a good bit. I also enjoyed her fight with her mom, poor Ataru and Tobimaro tho for being used as weapons lol.

And sadly despite Asuka standing up to her mom it ended up back to the way things were before with her sneaking into Tobimaro’s room and still being afraid of men, the good part of that is that we might get more Asuka episodes tho! And lastly, Mendou’s men cosplaying had some nice references in there, I noticed Star Wars and Spider-Man lol.
Mar 28, 12:45 AM
May 2019
I like this character, but the "scary men" joke has gotten a bit repetitive, even by this show's standards. Her brother trying to help her become normal is still pretty fun, and I like the gag where she turned a tank into armor and fought her mom.
Apr 25, 7:28 AM

Jan 2018
Another Asuka episode.

Woah. Rewatching this episode was almost eye-opening. This episode adapted 5 chapters in one episode. That's insane. Especially since the OG adapted Asuka's debut story with 2 episodes and that only had 4 chapters.

The beginning of the episode was so fast-paced it almost felt like I was watching the 2022 version of Urusei Yatsura lol.

But then, the second half of this episode cut a lot of content from the manga. Chapters 254-255 A Stormy Date Parts 3 and 4 were almost completely skipped. It skipped the best jokes of the manga and shortened a lot of good scenes. :(

This was the second Asuka episode with a botched adaptation. This adds to my theory that maybe David Production adapted so many Asuka chapters with the intention of "fixing" the OG anime's mistakes and doing the character justice. Who knows.

This is probably a controversial take but the difference between the Pierrot era Urusei Yatsura and the Deen era Urusei Yatsura is pretty interesting. Pierrot would often change or alter the story/ending of the manga chapter and make it better while Deen did the opposite and often made the stories worse or boring.

This makes me think that maybe one of the reasons the fandom hates Asuka so much is because the anime mishandled her character. The botched adaptations and the poor voice direction didn't help even though she only has a couple of episodes.

This made me look forward to the Remake version of this episode more. Even if it's another Asuka episode, at least it'll be more faithful to the manga. Apparently, it's also one of Takahashi's favorite manga chapters of Urusei Yatsura. So that also explains why Asuka got so much screentime in the Remake.
0451Apr 25, 8:03 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 6 Discussion

animefan8800 - Dec 9, 2015

7 by ReConstructor »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 5 Discussion

greenmarty - Mar 16, 2012

9 by ReConstructor »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 4 Discussion

Five-Magics - Aug 5, 2014

11 by ReConstructor »»
Yesterday, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Feb 13, 2011

16 by ReConstructor »»
Yesterday, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Feb 13, 2011

20 by ReConstructor »»
Apr 25, 1:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.