Forum Settings
Forums

Marine Le Penn is calling for the end of public education for non-citizen illegal immigrants

New
Dec 8, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
Paris (CNN)France's far-right party leader, Marine Le Pen, said children of illegal immigrants should be refused a free education.

Le Pen, who ran for the presidency in 2012 on an anti-immigration platform and plans to run again next year, said the hardline move -- which flouts French law and the European Convention on Human Rights, would discourage immigration.
"I think free and compulsory schooling for the children of illegal parents encourages more immigration, which must be stopped," Le Pen told reporters on Thursday in Paris.
Le Pen said that if elected president, she would also consider implementing a waiting period for foreigners to access certain public services or social benefits.
Marine Le Pen sees Trump win as 'a sign of hope' for France
"I think this is fair, as our social protection system and our public services are now overloaded, overwhelmed."
Her comments were met with a strongly worded response from French Education Minister Najat Vallaud-Belkacem.
"With these words, which I condemn in the strongest terms, Mrs. Le Pen shows her utter indifference to the terrible situation affecting young children. She shows her ignorance of all republican principles and all international conventions of which France is a member," Vallaud-Belkacem said in a statement.
"The struggle for the education of all children is a struggle against ignorance, which is the source of all violence and extremism in France and throughout the world."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/europe/marine-le-pen-education-children-france/

If Le Penn wins that's it, EU is gonna be over unless Germany turns the EU into a Mitteleuropa like what's in the Hearts of Iron Kaiserreich mod. (Pretty much German Domination of Central and Eastern Europe like would have happened if the German Empire won WW1, if Turkey joins the EU under Sultan Erdogan then it will be pretty much like the Central Powers alliance hahhaha )

removed-userDec 8, 2016 10:56 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 8, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
well is only make sense

want of benefit similar citizen? then ur have to citizen
Dec 8, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Damn I can't stand Najat but she's right lol. Letting illegal migrants rot in camps and not even teaching them french seems like a good recipe for a disaster.
Tho Marine wants to send all migrants away and close the borders. I guess she thinks it'd be less expensive than providing education to a few thousands children... < ' >_< '>
Dec 8, 2016 5:05 PM

Jul 2015
@NudeBear interestingly enough, a PISA report just highlighted the fact that the french education system was one of the less egalitarian ones. We're putting poor children in schools... but we're not teaching them much or giving them a chance anyway.

If we wanted money and a better education system, we could stop giving millions to private christian schools at the detriment of our public school... Just sayin'...
Dec 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
@NudeBear

Or you just don't bring them in anyways and you don't even start the cycle.
The 2nd generation Le Pen might not have a chance of winning (which everyone said about Trump) but that is why it is called third times the charm and the 3rd generation Le Pen looks very charming =p.
Dec 8, 2016 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
@Clebardman

I'd rather not to go to christian schools personally but in the U.S. everyone use to and our educational rates were pretty stellar.
Now everyone goes to normal public schools and our education tanked. Take that correlation as you will.
Dec 8, 2016 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
Clebardman said:
@NudeBear interestingly enough, a PISA report just highlighted the fact that the french education system was one of the less egalitarian ones. We're putting poor children in schools... but we're not teaching them much or giving them a chance anyway.

If we wanted money and a better education system, we could stop giving millions to private christian schools at the detriment of our public school... Just sayin'...

Wait, if a private school is publicly funded how is it a private school? Or are French private schools more like charter schools in the US (or private schools in the UK)?
Signature is too edgy for me.
Dec 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2014
Hibbington said:
@Clebardman

I'd rather not to go to christian schools personally but in the U.S. everyone use to and our educational rates were pretty stellar.
Now everyone goes to normal public schools and our education tanked. Take that correlation as you will.

Heck there was no public schools in the mid 19th century. Private schools were dirt cheap and the literacy rate was ironically higher than it is nowadays (in the US).
Signature is too edgy for me.
Dec 8, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
@Kmolson

There was actually discipline taught in schools as well where hard work actually mean't something.
Now everyone is just turning into special little snowflakes know-it-all sons of a bitches, whom pandered them through life saying they were the best at everything to only create the most narcissistic generation of our time.
HibbingtonDec 8, 2016 6:15 PM
Dec 8, 2016 6:14 PM
Mar 2011
Hibbington said:
@Clebardman

if your go by pisa results secula rnations win of nation with alot of faith base schooling thar is fact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Jul 2015
@Kmolson Well, we're just paying taxes so someone else can reap the benefits, like most people in the world ;). And voting won't change it, that's the beauty of our capitalist democracies.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_sur_les_rapports_entre_l'%C3%89tat_et_les_%C3%A9tablissements_d'enseignement_priv%C3%A9s

Basically, private schools sign a contract with the state and accept to 1/ make religious classes optional 2/ follow the french education program and 3/ don't discriminate students, and France graciously pays the water, electricty bills, the teachers, the loan... What's left exactly to pay for the private school is unclear.

We also have a century old law that makes cult members civil servants and religious teaching mandatory in 1 administrative area out of 18.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concordat_en_Alsace-Moselle
DeathkoDec 8, 2016 6:41 PM
Dec 8, 2016 6:41 PM

Jul 2015
NudeBear said:
Salvatia said:
well is only make sense

Ha! No it doesn't. People who immigrate illegally do so because they have little access to go through the legal process. Whether it be wealth, education, or problems like war. It is not coincidence that a good majority of illegal immigrants in virtually every country in the world are poor.

Additionally, the far-right likes to preach about the 'unwillingness' of such immigrants to properly assimilate into their new homes. One major way to combat this cycle of poverty that perpetuates the "conditions" people supposedly find with so many illegal migrants in Europe is to break it obviously, and what better way to break poverty than through education? Increasing the amount of barriers to education for poor people will only make the situation worse, which to me, seems pretty counter-productive when you consider La Pen's party main shtick.

To me it just strikes as idiotic populism used to garner more support from their target audience. I highly doubt that in the event that they win whatever election, that they would end up implementing such a policy.

that very long winded way of saying 'waste resources on non-citizens that government shouldn't be suporting in first place.'
eu in general so dumb many refuge let in. salva now larf at this disaster every step of way
is liek europeon ppls lack concept of borders & self preservaton
Dec 8, 2016 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
No education = higher crime rates
Dec 8, 2016 9:33 PM

Dec 2009
As a reminder, not only citizen pay taxes, legal residents pay taxes too. So the groups are not just non-citizens and citizens.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.