Forum Settings
Forums

'Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch' Anime Announced

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 30, 2016 9:36 PM

Aug 2010
The Code Geass ship sailed long ago for me, but it'll be nice to see Lelouch again.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 1, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2012
VON96 said:
DeathRebelit said:
Lmao I haven't even watched the first anime

Am I motivated to do it now? no

it's not worth your time.

I know right? it's overrated
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Dec 1, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
My main issue with the original two seasons of Geass was that it had a lot of elements in it from various animes that, while entertaining in some ways, also kind of undermined each other (the whole Ashford Academy high school stuff didn't really need to be there, just for one thing). And it sort of wanted to have its cake and eat it too, with how goofy and ridiculous it was that it eventually becomes hard to take the melodrama all that seriously. It was gripping...when I was 14 years old, but nowadays I'm not sure if season 1 would hold up. I mean, it isn't always impossible to have your cake and eat it too (like Jojo which is hammy and over-the-top but still really compelling after part 4), but I don't think Geass quite manages that.

And even when I was 16 I thought R2 was really unsatisfying and underwhelming except for the ending, which some people complained about because of the fates of certain characters who they felt got away scot free, but to me it didn't really matter since I felt they wrapped up Lelouch's story in a satisfying way, unlike everything else about R2.

I can only guess that this series will show that Lelouch's gambit only lasted for a little bit, which is realistic and expected, but the question then becomes what Lelouch himself is gonna do. If they just recycle his character from R1 and R2, it isn't worth it to bring the series back. There has to be an interesting place for his character to go to, and honestly with how cleanly his arc was wrapped up with R2 I'm not sure that they can do that.
DietrologiaDec 1, 2016 8:40 AM
Dec 1, 2016 10:41 PM
Mar 2016
Unlikely to be better than the first two? Probably. Won't meet the expectations of most viewers? Highly likely. A "cash grab" scheme? It seems that way.

I can care less about any of that. I thought the first two seasons were a masterpiece. I actually finished it in 2 days (19 episodes one day, 31 the other day). I'm most certainly not a fanboy, but I would never dismiss this anime as trash until I actually saw it either.

I stay neutral, which for some reason is rare these days. People will either defend every part of an anime, or they will nitpick at every major or minor detail.
Dec 2, 2016 6:10 AM

Jan 2016
I'm So Hype!!

ALL HAIL LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA !!
Dec 2, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Good job anime industry, good job(clap clap clap) by making one of your most memorable endings lose it's impact just for cash...Ruining a completed story, which was already a mess to begin with and with a magnificent ending

Dec 2, 2016 6:40 PM
Oct 2009
ani147 said:
Good job anime industry, good job(clap clap clap) by making one of your most memorable endings lose it's impact just for cash...Ruining a completed story, which was already a mess to begin with and with a magnificent ending

Would you say the same thing if, say, they actually resurrect him within the new show and don't make his survival pre-planned?
Dec 3, 2016 3:52 AM

Jul 2007
jgomezg said:
ani147 said:

Would you say the same thing if, say, they actually resurrect him within the new show and don't make his survival pre-planned?

His survival is not pre-planned. He has been 100% confirmed dead and R2 ending has been one single thing the writers intended to happen from the very beginning.
His resurrection is here because for whatever reason Sunrise wants to revive a dead cash mule instead of making new one.
Dec 3, 2016 5:52 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
DeathRebelit said:
VON96 said:

it's not worth your time.

>says she hasnt even watched the first serie
>says that its overrated after one person says that she shouldnt watch it.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 4, 2016 5:51 AM

Mar 2012
DatRandomDude said:
DeathRebelit said:

dude i know the whole plot why should i watch it?
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Dec 4, 2016 9:16 AM

Oct 2016
Awesome~ super excited for this.

Dec 4, 2016 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
First place where i found this out was on youtube at 3 am when someone else was following the anime announcements in ANN just minutes after the article popped up. I'm not worried if this new season will make/break it for others because i just want to see more Lelouch.

Binge-watching CG again!

Dec 5, 2016 12:20 PM
Oct 2009
Fai said:

His survival is not pre-planned. He has been 100% confirmed dead and R2 ending has been one single thing the writers intended to happen from the very beginning.
His resurrection is here because for whatever reason Sunrise wants to revive a dead cash mule instead of making new one.

You're exaggerating, since it depends on your perspective. The ending was planned from the very start, that much is true, but your own interpretation of that "the writers" said is both incomplete and open to debate.

Trying to shut down any other interpretations is not intellectually honest. There is absolutely nothing written down where someone asks "Is Lelouch dead?" and the answer provided is "yes, I can confirm Lelouch is dead" in simple and straightforward terms. On the other hand, there is at least one question which was literally answered in the opposite direction.

But enough talk. You've ignored or downplayed any suggestions or evidence to the contrary and insist on looking at only one set of data. I'll wait for newer interviews and extras released in the context of this new project that might either confirm your argument or, what I think is more likely, shoot it down.
Dec 5, 2016 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
jgomezg said:

You're exaggerating, since it depends on your perspective. The ending was planned from the very start, that much is true, but your own interpretation of that "the writers" said is both incomplete and open to debate.

It is not "up to perspective" when the official sources uses words like "passed way", "died", "his time has ended" etc or has CC outright refer to him as dead in ZR.

Trying to shut down any other interpretations is not intellectually honest. There is absolutely nothing written down where someone asks "Is Lelouch dead?" and the answer provided is "yes, I can confirm Lelouch is dead" in simple and straightforward terms. On the other hand, there is at least one question which was literally answered in the opposite direction.

The "Lelouch survival" hoax is easily on the level of the "Dragon Ball AF" Hoax in how fast it spread memetically and how much misinformation there is. I dealt with shitloads of it during the show run as one of creators of CG's biggest club on MAL and it was insanity defined - circular arguments of the same memetic theories, the same photoshopped video, etc, till it devolves into conspiracy theories, name calling, harassment and overall vitriol. Shutting it down before it gets out of hand into pointless repeated arguments that have lasted for TEN YEARS is the most logical thing to do.

But enough talk. You've ignored or downplayed any suggestions or evidence to the contrary and insist on looking at only one set of data. I'll wait for newer interviews and extras released in the context of this new project that might either confirm your argument or, what I think is more likely, shoot it down.

I am looking at the official information available. Which is unquestionably pointing into a single direction.
And I did say that any sort of change in what IS now depends on the future - namely whether Sunrise will pull a Sunrise and retcon something in upcoming recap movies or what they will do in the show.
However the argumentation can only use the facts that ARE, not the facts that "could be". And right now what I linked are the only 100% confirmed facts.
Dec 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

Cant wait for more CC x Karen, 2017 hype.
Dec 8, 2016 10:51 AM
Oct 2009
Like I said, Fai, if you're not going to listen to reason then nothing will change your mind.

Eternal Dreamer, someone who had translated a lot of Code Geass interviews and materials some years ago on another website, has just confirmed that the last Code Geass R2 light novel, released way back in early 2009, did indeed strongly hint that the cart driver was Lelouch.

Eternal Dreamer used to defend the argument that Lelouch was dead, just like you are doing and even I did in some circles, but had never looked at the light novels until this new project was announced.

That's not something which didn't exist. It's an official publication. No Dragon Ball AF hoax. It's been confirmed by someone who is trustworthy and has literally changed their mind in light of the evidence.
Dec 8, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2010
DeathRebelit said:
DatRandomDude said:

dude i know the whole plot why should i watch it?

first season was decent second season was bad it stopped making sense halfway through
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 9, 2016 8:59 AM
Nov 2016
As someone who LOVED the first season, my first reaction "wow, really!?", second reaction "meh, I'll watch it when it's fully out, hope it doesn't suck".
Dec 11, 2016 4:52 AM
Apr 2015
Sighs...this is dumb... I loved this show...and this is dumb

But if we really need to.open up the horrible shipping wars again my God I'll o it lol. This will be fun.

In all seriousness though very disappointing ending wrapped up perfectly with his death and story arc. I kinda hope this is just a Big hoax like him driving the mule cart in that edited video put on YouTube all the C.C fans thought was real...
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Dec 11, 2016 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
Kajeki said:

But if we really need to.open up the horrible shipping wars again my God I'll o it lol. This will be fun.

In all seriousness though very disappointing ending wrapped up perfectly with his death and story arc. I kinda hope this is just a Big hoax like him driving the mule cart in that edited video put on YouTube all the C.C fans thought was real...

Actually no. The "happy ever after utopia"-ending is simply not something that should be used after ending the conflict with "a common enemy arose, the common enemy died. The end." Calling it "disappointing" doesn't even describe it.

I understand what the idea of "Zero Requiem" was about, but it should be evident that this was at best a short-term solution. The anime tried to hard to deny this problem at the very end.

The only thing I really hope here is that they don't continue to double down on that point by somehow making Lelouch's "resurrection" be the main reason for the central conflict of the new series. As long as they avoid that, I am glad that they can correct this big mistake now. I just hope that they DO correct that.
Dec 11, 2016 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
Even though the ending was satisfying, I always wanted a season 3 and now it's here!!! YES!!!

Dec 11, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
Well, I've got mixed feelings about this.
Should rewatch previous seasons, ffs.

Dec 11, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2016
Ive only just got into code geass but i hope it is as good as the bits that i have watched..

Instagram: qtchriss
Steam: sora
Discord: sora#0420

Dec 12, 2016 4:19 AM
Apr 2015
Grey-Zone said:
Kajeki said:

Actually no. The "happy ever after utopia"-ending is simply not something that should be used after ending the conflict with "a common enemy arose, the common enemy died. The end." Calling it "disappointing" doesn't even describe it.

I understand what the idea of "Zero Requiem" was about, but it should be evident that this was at best a short-term solution. The anime tried to hard to deny this problem at the very end.

The only thing I really hope here is that they don't continue to double down on that point by somehow making Lelouch's "resurrection" be the main reason for the central conflict of the new series. As long as they avoid that, I am glad that they can correct this big mistake now. I just hope that they DO correct that.

Lelouche's main goal from episode 1. Was to make "gentler world" for his sister, and of course to take revenge on his father. Both have been completed, not a perfect world but he did reach his goals. Lelouche understood he couldn't change man kinds nature that's why he set up so many safe guards after his death. The world isn't perfect that's why he made the black knights the world's sole army, made a unifying government to control most, but not all hostile countries, and the left a master strategist his brother in charge as a back up plan. I really don't understand why people hated the ending, yes the second season was a bit ridiculous in areas, but the ending was extremely solid. He didn't get a happy ending, which is more realistic then any other alternative. The reason it doesn't need a third season is they need to completely introduce a whole new plot just to keep it going. There are no new enemies, no unresolved conflicts everything has been wrapped up. The is obviously a cash grab, and cash grabs are almost never pulled off well.
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Dec 13, 2016 12:00 AM

Dec 2012
What a great way to kill a legacy. Might as well make another season of Death Note and Cowboy Bebop while we're at it. Lelouch will awaken his Mangekyou Sharingan and LOGH is superior to this prancing pretty boy in every shape and form.
Dec 13, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
they're obviously after the $$$$. i don't see any reason why 3rd season is needed.
Dec 14, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
This genuinely surprised me when I heard about it a while back. None-the-less, I'm glad.
Dec 15, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
Well I hope within the 10 years, the creator had a good one built in his mind. I'm already okay of what happened from the previous ones and still okay for the sequel, let's just hope that it'll not ruin this masterpiece.
Dec 21, 2016 9:53 AM
Nov 2015
ALL HAIL LELOUCH !!!!!!!!!!
Dec 23, 2016 7:37 AM
Mar 2012
Fai said:
zurgboy00 said:
To those still thinking whether or not lelouch died or is still alive I guess this is your answer

The answer was already given by the authors when the show aired and it has never been a question.

The show is called Resurrection for a reason.

Stop spreading false information.

An answer was given by one of the authors, which (unless you have the original) was generally translated as they wanted a more open ending.

It has literally always been in question - you don't put immortality into a show if you don't want to deal with that shit.
Dec 23, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2007
Kreion said:
Fai said:

The answer was already given by the authors when the show aired and it has never been a question.

The show is called Resurrection for a reason.

An answer was given by one of the authors, which (unless you have the original) was generally translated as they wanted a more open ending.

It has literally always been in question - you don't put immortality into a show if you don't want to deal with that shit.

Nobody translated it as "open ended"
There's literally NOTHING indicating that.Only one outcome has proof while other is literally tinfoil hat theories not supported by the material.
The author even explained WHICH PARTS are open ended in the ending. Lelouch's fate was planned from the start of the show.

I am not spreading false information, I am combating it. I have dealt with hoaxes like that for years and heard pretty much every single "argument" presented. At this point its a a self defeating never ending cycle of same hoax theories being repeated and debunked ad nauseum.

Till there's no new information, only one outcome is supported by the story material.

Sure they could retcon it in the upcoming show but right now there's only one outcome that is there.
Dec 23, 2016 8:41 AM
Mar 2012
Fai said:
Kreion said:

Nobody translated it as "open ended"
There's literally NOTHING indicating that.Only one outcome has proof while other is literally tinfoil hat theories not supported by the material.
The author even explained WHICH PARTS are open ended in the ending. Lelouch's fate was planned from the start of the show.

I am not spreading false information, I am combating it. I have dealt with hoaxes like that for years and heard pretty much every single "argument" presented. At this point its a a self defeating never ending cycle of same hoax theories being repeated and debunked ad nauseum.

Till there's no new information, only one outcome is supported by the story material.

Sure they could retcon it in the upcoming show but right now there's only one outcome that is there.

-sigh- nice source.

ciao.
Jan 11, 2017 3:34 AM

Apr 2011
Lelouch has the power of the King. Even though Lelouch's ambitions were mainly for his sister, he was also a proud and usually egoistical person. He enjoyed his power and people like this don't like to die.

However i don't think that he told anything to Suzaku. That he might got the code of V.V. (after making Charles disappear.)

C.C also needed longer time to heal depending on the wound she got. So I think he just disappeared, living in peace after doing his part. However, this feeling of not doing anything will get boring to him. He needs an hobby. If they connect this sequel with the Boukoku no Akito movies, this could be interesting (which would be amazing in my opinion).

But enough of theories, Season 3 is pretty much confirmed now and we get to see 3 recap movies with new material (rewatched for 5th time the whole CG Story, so I'm prepared for this year :D)
Jan 14, 2017 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
Best anime news in years. When I finished second season I was so depressed and later I searched all kinds of forums for weeks trying to prove my theories and even rewatched anime 3 times. If somebody told me 5 years ago I was right I wouldn't live all this years in doubt and hope. Super excited for new season. Akito was garbage. I hope it can live up to high expetations.
Feb 9, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
I revoke my last comment. I'm super hyped.
Feb 17, 2017 4:32 AM
Feb 2017
I'm so beyond hyped. I can't wait for it. OvO
Feb 24, 2017 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
This is absolutely crazy
ALL HAIL LELOUCH
Feb 24, 2017 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
Obligatory Engrish song.

Mar 6, 2017 11:54 PM

Nov 2007
Event BD DVD Release Comment w. the Info. Announced.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 18, 2017 3:14 PM
Nov 2016
YES!!! YES!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SEASON #3 MOTHER****ERS! YES!

[img align=right]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2ea890abdbc4252b3f4c19fdada12552/tumblr_nzqscvqvbM1rd2ks4o1_500.gif/Laughing.gif]
(Gilgamesh to Saber)
"NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!"

People die when they are killed
-Shirou Emiya, Fate/Stay Night
"Lelouch is a god"
-Lelouch Lamperouge (JK me)
Mar 18, 2017 3:16 PM
Nov 2016
YES!!!! THIS IS AMAZING! HYPED UP!
(Gilgamesh to Saber)
"NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!"

"Lelouch is a god"
Mar 20, 2017 5:05 AM
Sep 2016
Stark700 said:
It almost feels unreal. After all these years. ALL HAIL LELOUCH.
Hail!!!! 🙋🙋🙋
Apr 13, 2017 12:10 AM
Apr 2017
Its been years, I was shocked when I clicked on Code Geass then saw this I was a fan since it first aired. This brings back memories I pray that they dont go cash grab but I will put my faith in it.

P.s All Hail Lelouch
Apr 16, 2017 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit why am I this late? Code Geass is by far my favorite anime! "ALL HAIL LELOUCH!"
Apr 29, 2017 11:29 PM

Sep 2015
Lelouch did not die.

The only reason Lelouch needed to die was so the general populace would believe he was dead. Why would Lelouch, a character who has spent a whole two seasons manipulating others to get what he wants, fail to do that in the climax?
Why would a master manipulator actually die, when they can just trick others into thinking they are dead.

In the given scenario, Lelouch's death would go against character and make no sense.
Apr 30, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2014
here marks the end of all the stupid theories about the ending of r2

May 1, 2017 8:41 AM

Aug 2014
Kinda ruins the ending in a way too. I mean obviously the reason they are making this is £££s.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 8, 2017 6:50 PM
Nov 2016
Can't wait. It's gonna be SICK!!!
(Gilgamesh to Saber)
"NOTICE ME SENPAI!!!"

"Lelouch is a god"
May 8, 2017 8:45 PM
Jan 2015
I haven't seen R2 yet but I think if they were going to do more it should be more stuff like Akito the Exiled
May 13, 2017 9:02 AM

Sep 2014
I'm one of those who REALLY wants a third season, but had a feeling that it'll only f*cked up the greatest ending of season 2.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.