Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2016 4:13 PM
Feb 2016
Probably this misht have been created before but feel free to rant about what pissed/pisses you off about this.

-Overly girly uke (If I wanted to see a girl with a guy, I'd rather read a shoujo insead. Not reading guyxguy stuff to watch a trap overrreacting eactly like a girl)

-Rape (COME ON. It's not supposed to be sexy)

-Things evolving too fast (proper foreplay is a must)

-Things going TOO damn slow

Like,there's this one I've forgot the name, the main is a blonde boy who is very short and comes to a new school and starts getting along with the dorm guys. There's cousins and one is a tsundere "hooligan" school bad boy. I absolutle love this one, but DAMN it's sloooow with the romance. They go on about every other people's personal problems but main pairing part just get fanservice, nothing else.

Also, help me remembering the name, 'cause I want to finish it! xD
Nov 17, 2016 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
I've noticed that in a good portion of BL stories there are either no important female characters, or all significant female characters are kinda... bitches. They might not be outright bad people but, like, you probably wouldn't want to hang out with them. I've heard that for some women yaoi is attractive precisely because it provides escape from their own sex, so I guess that's why some authors do that. And, well, while it's a bit annoying, I think I understand where they are coming from. To be completely honest, as a guy, I sometimes have similar feelings when reading yuri: I'm in it for the girls and I can get annoyed when some male character starts flirting with them.
Nov 17, 2016 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
Isabella_S said:
-Overly girly uke (If I wanted to see a girl with a guy, I'd rather read a shoujo insead. Not reading guyxguy stuff to watch a trap overrreacting eactly like a girl)

Wha…?
Bishōnen are arguably one of the best things in this world. 💕

And, concerning your 3 others items, rape is just a sexual phantasm that you can find in any type of romance, and the last two are just bad writing. Nothing to do with yaoi.
Nov 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Jealous?
Let's have sex.

Angry?
Let's have sex.

Sad?
Let's have sex.

/insert any problem(s) that can't be solved here
Let's have sex.

This will always be the only problem I have with yaoi.

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Nov 18, 2016 2:54 AM

Dec 2010
Shino said:
Jealous?
Let's have sex.

Angry?
Let's have sex.

Sad?
Let's have sex.

Let's have sex.

i agree, it just have way too much of it
Nov 18, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2016
Shino said:
Jealous?
Let's have sex.

Angry?
Let's have sex.

Sad?
Let's have sex.

Let's have sex.

lol that's sooo true indeed.
Nov 18, 2016 10:47 PM

Jul 2016
what makes me angry is a very, very apparent seme. like. i'm talking, he has a thick neck, hella broad shoulders, 8 foot giant tall and the most damn ugliest face i've ever seen in my life
but then they pair him with a sweet ol' kind uke :'(
i don't know. maybe that's just me, since i like semes and ukes who are of similar stature/height/body.
Nov 18, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2015
Badass males with extreme muscles and abs acting like highschool girls.
Nov 20, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2013
lady_freyja said:
Isabella_S said:

Wha…?

Not bishounen, but uke acting like a very submissive girl... Hell, even girls irl mostly don't act like that.
Nov 20, 2016 12:35 PM
Jul 2018
KajaKamisama said:
lady_freyja said:

Wha…?

Not bishounen, but uke acting like a very submissive girl... Hell, even girls irl mostly don't act like that.

I'm using the word "bishōnen" alone because a bunch of yaoi I adore are actually older than the invention of the concepts of "uke" and "seme", yet extremely feminine bishōnen are part of that genre since the very beginning.

And anyway, it changes nothing: I'm more than fine with extremely feminine bishōnen, be it physically or in their behavior. I don't have Maraich and Gilbert in my fav' characters for nothing. I'm in fact quite fond of that kind of character.
Nov 20, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2014
Rape being the way that the relationship becomes a relationship. For once, I'd like it to happen naturally like...I don't know, asking the person out or confessing their feelings instead of forcing themselves on them. One of my favorites thus far was Love Stage!!...and there was still a semi-rape/sexual harassment scene in that. T.T Why can't everyone be consensual? I feel like every straight romance anime takes FOREVER for any action, but BL forces it.
Nov 20, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
lady_freyja said:
KajaKamisama said:

I'm using the word "bishōnen" alone because a bunch of yaoi I adore are actually older than the invention of the concepts of "uke" and "seme", yet extremely feminine bishōnen are part of that genre since the very beginning.

And anyway, it changes nothing: I'm more than fine with extremely feminine bishōnen, be it physically or in their behavior. I don't have Maraich and Gilbert in my fav' characters for nothing. I'm in fact quite fond of that kind of character.

*coughs horrendously* g-gilbert you say
gilbert
cocteau?
hello, i think we've just become friends.
Nov 21, 2016 6:35 PM
Feb 2016
Tainted said:

This.

Exaclty what kinda bothers me. Nothing against traps, I like them, but that attitude, though.

suzakukaworu said:
lady_freyja said:

gilbert
cocteau?

Hello, what is this about? Some masterpiece I've missed maybe? When I read Gilbert I think of the guy from Pandora Hearts (that had so much potential for a bl, gosh). Amazing manga, but I'm open for suggestions.
Nov 21, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2016
Isabella_S said:
Tainted said:

This.

Exaclty what kinda bothers me. Nothing against traps, I like them, but that attitude, though.

suzakukaworu said:

gilbert
cocteau?

Hello, what is this about? Some masterpiece I've missed maybe? When I read Gilbert I think of the guy from Pandora Hearts (that had so much potential for a bl, gosh). Amazing manga, but I'm open for suggestions.

i consider it a masterpiece. the gilbert i'm talking about is different from the gilbert in pandora hearts. he is from a very old 1976 (exactly 40 years ago) shounen ai manga that has not been fully translated yet, if you like fluffier and all around romantic stories then maybe it would not be the right fit for you. it is tragic; don't read this spoiler unless you want to be spoiled a bit.

i really love it though! you might want to try? serge is a nice boy who moves into a dorm at a academy and gets involved with his new roommate who has an infamous reputation for, well, you would find it rather scandalous.
Cazqui-09Nov 21, 2016 7:22 PM
Nov 21, 2016 8:27 PM

Nov 2016
When either guy keeps insisting that he is still straight/not gay, especially in shounen-ai. I'm like "Honey, sit down cause I've got some news for you."
Nov 22, 2016 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Isabella_S said:
Hello, what is this about? Some masterpiece I've missed maybe?

Speaking about "masterpiece" for Kaze to Ki no Uta is an understatement, we're speaking about a monument of the whole shōjo demographic here, which happens to be a yaoi too. Kaze to Ki no Uta, with Terra e (not yaoi that one) is the major work from Keiko Takemiya, one of the "founding mothers of the modern shōjo".

By the art alone, you know it's not your average manga, but that the magaka has an actual artistic approach:
(Gilbert being the blond guy)

A good little amount of the first/second generation of yaoi works are like that, by magaka of the similar stature than Takemiya (especially Moto Hagio who did a bunch of excellent yaoi).

Although, those "yaoi" can be quite "alien" and "unusual" in comparison to modern yaoi works. Not Kaze to Ki that is still similar, but some others like From Eroica with Love (started in 1976 too, but still on-going as for today, making it the longest running yaoi manga) which doesn't have much in common except for gay characters.
removed-userNov 22, 2016 12:17 AM
Nov 22, 2016 12:11 AM

Sep 2009
They're clickbait, and are everywhere. And are disturbing.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 22, 2016 1:18 PM

May 2010
internalscreams said:
When either guy keeps insisting that he is still straight/not gay, especially in shounen-ai. I'm like "Honey, sit down cause I've got some news for you."

God, I hate that :v Usually it's uke, he can be dating guy for x years and still be all like "I'm not homo!", geez.

I also hate overly feminine, whiny uke guys, who keep behaving like high school juniors even if they are supposedly adults.

Converting MC to become gay by rape is also something I'm not too fond of, but eh, I can live with it, as long as it's not as stupid as Koisuru Boukun. Drugging and molesting your homophobic sempai you've been in love for some time? Yeah, not cool.
Nov 22, 2016 10:18 PM

Jun 2011
can't stand fast paced manga without relationship development and suddenly jumping into sex like what
Nov 23, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2016
When MC is sexually assaulted and still gets together or becomes friends with the person.
IpreferEcchiNov 23, 2016 12:07 AM

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

387 by Bestkindoftrash »»
5 hours ago

» How many of your favorite mangas do you own physical copies of? ( 1 2 )

bucciest - May 29, 2023

66 by G-Orange »»
7 hours ago

» What device do you read Manga on? ( 1 2 )

SupremeGod - Sep 14, 2023

54 by Touka »»
8 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

25 by Herapath »»
Yesterday, 11:00 PM

» Seinen vs Shounen

Faceless_Friend - Sep 7, 2021

36 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
Yesterday, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.