Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Note: This is from the raws that are out.

..And so their bonds still exist

Finally after a long and awaited wait, the series is back yet with another strong and emotional episode. It delivered a lot of the hype of Vol 10.5 giving full justice to the Iroha date and added some non-canon parts to end on a satisfying note yet asking for more.

The complete date between Iroha and 8man was canon and done splendidly well. The occasional blushes and people got to observe a lot of lecherous thoughts of 8man which were lacking overall in the series but exist in the LN.

---

Yukino moments are best moments.

Mod edit: Removed link to streaming website
ArdanazOct 26, 2016 1:45 PM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 25, 2016 5:41 PM

Mar 2015
Really good adaptation. It was very fun and light-hearted yet still had a few moments that nailed that sentimental vibe that most of season 2 had. I missed these kids so much.
My lists are way out of date...
Oct 25, 2016 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
Oh man i missed them so much.... with no new material whatsoever this is like christmas!

Dem Yukino faces lol

Having fun lol
Oct 25, 2016 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
Instantly #1 favourite anime of all time.

This is literally a dream come true.

The OVA that saved the industry.

The Iroha date scene was perfect, however, quite a few left out scenes and original ones too.

For instance, Hachiman, Yukino and Yui never go to the mall for the Student Council's promotion poster/booklet thing... This was solely original content to appease Yukinofags. Absolutely disgusting. The three were working their asses off in school, not going out. They were going around doing interviews to various clubs and such.

They also left out the scene where Iroha threatens Hachiman with the receipts from their date when he becomes reluctant to help her with this promotion poster problem (after the threat, he goes all in).

Also, the scene where Hachiman takes pictures of Iroha too during their work interviewing the other school clubs...

Not to mention they left out Hachiman taking a picture of Iroha, Yukino and Yui together after Iroha takes a picture for them, as well as his reaction after taking the picture for Iroha, Yukino and Yui: "I wonder what kind of pains I will feel with these memories once I reach the age of longing."

They also left out Zaimokuza scene (chuunibro rip) and the heartwarming Hachiman & Komachi scene..

The Yukinofag scene was pretty bad, but you know what? They got the date perfectly down (albeit a bit rushed and lack of Hachiman inner dialogue reactions).

I give this a 10/10. It can't be any lower than that. After all, it is the holy 10.5 adaption.

Fav Quote from the OVA:

Iroha: "What's up with that pain in the ass look?" "There's no girl that's not a pain.."

Hachiman: "Your right, there's no human being in the world that's not a pain in the ass."

Iroha: "Uwah, Senpai you're a pain.."
hoopla123Oct 25, 2016 11:12 PM
Oct 25, 2016 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Huh so they changed

And added some original content of yui and yukino in second half? dayum, not that I mind, but well it had one of my fav Iroha scenes of

Well whatever, at least the practice date was adapted well enough so I am happy.

hoopla123 said:
This was solely original content to appease Yukinofags. Absolutely disgusting. The three were working their asses off in school, not going out. They were going around doing interviews to various clubs and such.

Agreed bruh. Just trying to appeal to those yukinofags

hoopla123 said:
They also left out the scene where Iroha threatens Hachiman with the receipts from their date when he becomes reluctant to help her with this promotion poster problem (after the threat, he goes all in).

Yeah I also missed that sexy seduction scene. ;-;

hoopla123 said:
Not to mention they left out Hachiman taking a picture of Iroha, Yukino and Yui together after Iroha takes a picture for them, as well as his reaction after taking the picture for Iroha, Yukino and Yui: "I wonder what kind of pains I will feel with these memories once I reach the age of longing."

To quote it fully :^) "Just how many more days of these normal trivialities could we continue to accumulate from here on? Just what kind of pain would accompany the nostalgic sight of these photos when we became old enough? In thinking all of that, I pressed the shutter."

Well took a photo at least.
removed-userOct 26, 2016 10:21 AM
Oct 25, 2016 11:18 PM

Apr 2013
Frostbytes said:
hoopla123 said:
This was solely original content to appease Yukinofags. Absolutely disgusting. The three were working their asses off in school, not going out. They were going around doing interviews to various clubs and such.

Agreed bruh. Just trying to appeal to those filthy yukinofags

Smh. This is why 100% faithful adaptions are always the best option.

Frostbytes said:
hoopla123 said:

To quote it fully :^) "Just how many more days of these normal trivialities could we continue to accumulate from here on? Just what kind of pain would accompany the nostalgic sight of these photos when we became old enough? In thinking all of that, I pressed the shutter."

Well took a photo at least.

Yeah I just did a quick on the spot translation of that scene. I had the LN on me and was reading it while watching the OVA to see what parts they left out and such.
Oct 25, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
Kouhai girl invited him for a practice "date". lol @ watching different movies. They decided to play ping pong, and she tries to win by trick but that doesn't work on him. Then eating heavy ramen.

Then he accompanies the two girls for shopping while asking for freesheet cooperation for the student council.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 26, 2016 12:04 AM
Apr 2013
This OVA is utter rubbish. If not for Iroha I will rate this as the only anime series in my list to have 1/10 score.
Oct 26, 2016 12:32 AM
Oct 2016
The first half was kind of boring. Luckily the second half was fun. I really missed these characters, now bring on volume 12.
Oct 26, 2016 12:37 AM

Oct 2016
I totally forgot it was airing soon
Oct 26, 2016 1:03 AM
May 2015
The date was good. Stayed faithful to the LN version. As for the second half, aside from the time limit, which won't be enough to adapt the real newspaper request, it was done to please the other fans, or to be specific, Yukinofags.

This OVA is obviously for Irohafags, and as majority of the Oregairu fans are Yukinofags, it won't do them good if they don't please a big part of the fandom. That's probably why they decided to give the some moments for Yukino too, to appease the Yukinofags. They also kinda give a moment for Yuifag, but it's just pales in comparison to Yukino's. Well She's the main heroine after all. So it can't be helped I guess?

I still think the OVA was really enjoyable all in all. The scene with Yukino and 8man looking at the manniquin with the bra was really funny. I love the running gag regarding Yukino's chest, as well as her fascination towards cats which is cute. And I got my "practice date" almost perfectly adpated to a tee, so as an Irohafag, I ain't complaining..

If I'm gonna rate the moments with the three girls this OVA out of 10:

Iroha - 5
Yukino - 3
Yui - 2

Poor Yui, always getting the short end of the stick.
HamBaconEggOct 26, 2016 1:12 AM
Oct 26, 2016 2:22 AM

Apr 2015
So the second half is an original made for the OVA. Well it's not bad but I wanted to see totsuka in his jerseys.
Oct 26, 2016 7:20 AM

Oct 2014
[quote=hoopla123 message=48295787]
Frostbytes said:
hoopla123 said:

The salt in these people.

You could say too good for you that they didn't adapt it faithfully to show how rotten Iroha is as a person.

MahdiOct 26, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 26, 2016 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Davhenan said:
hoopla123 said:

You could say too good for you that they didn't adapt it faithfully to show how rotten Iroha is

I know your waifu is as pure as the driven show and how much of a sly kouhai Iroha is, but I think you should use spoiler tag for that unadapted 10.5 part if you don't want to get into trouble.
removed-userOct 26, 2016 9:41 AM
Oct 26, 2016 8:17 AM
May 2015
Lol c'mon people. It's been too long since we've got any Oregairu stuff. So let's drop the waifu wars for now and just enjoy the OVA that was given to us 😂
Oct 26, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
[quote=Davhenan message=48299965]
hoopla123 said:
Frostbytes said:

You could say too good for you that they didn't adapt it faithfully to show how rotten Iroha is as a person.

Who says I was happy of them not adapting the entire thing faithfully? If you had the eyes to actually read properly, you would see that I said "Smh. This is why 100% faithful adaptions are always the best option." You even quoted that shit yourself.

But of course a classic butthurt Yukinofag throws all logic out the window.

Adding a boring Yukishit scene instead of further expanding on the left out vol 10.5 shit was just bad. But of course, to appease to the shit taste fanboys that want more screen time of their generic ass waifu, they gotta cut actual good content and put in shit original ones.
Oct 26, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
I just caught pieces of it without subs...my god please bring the subs out ASAP.

I thought they were going to adapt Zaimokuza's part but I guess the fans really didn't want that haha.

Ill take a Iroha and Group OVA though. It seemed cute and funny.

I guess you can't be a fan of a character without being a "fag" anymore. Oh well Yukino reigns supreme anyway.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 26, 2016 9:41 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:

Who says I was happy of them not adapting the entire thing faithfully? If you had the eyes to actually read properly, you would see that I said "Smh. This is why 100% faithful adaptions are always the best option." You even quoted that shit yourself.

Adding a boring Yukishit scene instead of further expanding on the left out vol 10.5 shit was just bad. But of course, to appease to the shit taste fanboys that want more screen time of their generic ass waifu, they gotta cut actual good content and put in shit original ones.

Wow dude. Chill out. There is absolutely no need to be impolite. Technically that other guy is right. The entire reason this date takes place in the first place in the light novel is because Iroha wants to blackmail Hachiman into writing a free newspaper for her. Obviously they can't show that, because it would hurt Iroha's public image. Just enjoy the adaptation. I mean volume 10,5 is what Irohafans have been clamoring for and you got it. There's no need to insult other people or characters.
Oct 26, 2016 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
[quote=hoopla123 message=48301177]
Davhenan said:
hoopla123 said:

Rofl What a pathetic argument. Calling names and throwing insults is the most typical stuff from the other cancerous fans. Why not just watch the show and enjoy your parts. ? but noooo you must say how bad is Yukino in every argument and need to compare your favorite girl with the main girl of the series due to insecurities.

They added the later scenes because 10.5 will not fit in 1 episode and the whole newspaper thingy will be boring to watch but your blind bias cannot see that. You only see Yukino in your Iroha episode.

At the end this was a short side episode that will not change anything from the outcome.
Oct 26, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
[quote=Davhenan message=48301450]
hoopla123 said:
Davhenan said:

Rofl What a pathetic argument. Calling names and throwing insults is the most typical stuff from the other cancerous fans. Why not just watch the show and enjoy your parts. ? but noooo you must say how bad is Yukino in every argument and need to compare your favorite girl with the main girl of the series due to insecurities.

They added the later scenes because 10.5 will not fit in 1 episode and the whole newspaper thingy will be boring to watch but your blind bias cannot see that. You only see Yukino in your Iroha episode.

At the end this was a short side episode that will not change anything from the outcome.

> calls me blind ass
> can't even read my original post because of poor eyesight and half a brain.

Pls.

And if they left out the Yukishit original scenes and OP and ED, they could have ended up adapting the best parts of the promotion paper parts (this is of course skipping on Zaimokuza and Komachi scene unfortunately).

But of course you don't even have the capapbility to think that far do you?

What a clown lmao.
Oct 26, 2016 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
[quote=hoopla123 message=48301498]
Davhenan said:
hoopla123 said:

> calls me blind ass

Pls.

And if they left out the Yukishit original scenes and OP and ED, they could have ended up adapting the best parts of the promotion paper parts (this is of course skipping on Zaimokuza and Komachi scene unfortunately).

What a clown lmao.

Keep throwing insults, I will not go down your level.

Iroha will be and will always be the supportive kouhai that got this part to show how rotten she is. In Hachiman's observation, Iroha is uncute Komachi, better Sagami, phony Meguri, different Kaori and inferior Haruno. He later on deems her the "the second most rotten person in the world", the first obviously being himself. (From the L.N)

I don't care about what you write when you add words like fag and shit in every sentence and insult the main girl of the show or her fans, it makes you look like a butthurt fanboy.

Enjoy your 14 min animated that's all I can say to you.
Oct 26, 2016 10:01 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:

> calls me blind ass

Pls.

What a clown lmao.

Seriously stop. Honestly, the both of you. For starters he said bias, not ass. Don't insult someone else's reading comprehension, when yours isn't that much better. Also, what did you expect out of this? Iroha has never been what this series was about. Be grateful Watari even did this in the first place. You got what you wanted, it was fun. Don't insult other people.
Oct 26, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
[quote=Davhenan message=48301596]
hoopla123 said:
Davhenan said:

> calls me blind ass

Pls.

What a clown lmao.

Keep throwing insults, I will not go down your level.

Iroha will be and will always be the supportive kouhai that got this part to show how rotten she is. In Hachiman's observation, Iroha is uncute Komachi, better Sagami, phony Meguri, different Kaori and inferior Haruno. He later on deems her the "the second most rotten person in the world", the first obviously being himself. (From the L.N)

I don't care about what you write when you add words like fag and shit in every sentence and insult the main girl of the show or her fans, it makes you look like a butthurt fanboy.

Enjoy your 14 min animated that's all I can say to you.

> says how I talked shit about Yukino
> literally posts this before I even talk shit about her in the first place
> calls me a butthurt fanboy when he posts shit like this

Davhenan said:

And an argument? What is there to even argue about? You said that we should feel good about the adaption for leaving things out when I clearly said a 100% faithful adaption is always the best option. But I would expect nothing less from someone that can't think for shit, let alone read properly right?

The first thing to do is learning to read properly before you even respond.

You don't even remember the shit you typed yourself.

Stop embarrassing yourself. What a fucking joke.
hoopla123Oct 26, 2016 10:10 AM
Oct 26, 2016 10:05 AM

May 2008
Davhenan said:

It's dosent make Iroha less in my heart..Iroha good because that personality.
She fit too Hikki more than Yukino or Yui...
Oct 26, 2016 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:

Your very first post in this thread is saying this

> The Yukinofag scene was pretty bad

Then someone agreed with you and called Yukinofans filthy, then you insulted them more in your other posts. You are clearly not in the moral right here.
StraussbergOct 26, 2016 10:13 AM
Oct 26, 2016 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
Straussberg said:
hoopla123 said:

Your very first post in this thread is saying this

> The Yukinofag scene was pretty bad

Then someone agreed with you and called Yukinofans filthy, then you insulted them more. You are clearly not in the moral right here.

It was bad because they had to take time off of putting in the great 10.5 scenes to appease to Yukinofags with original content.

I never talked shit about Yukino as a character.

Please read and think.

It's not that hard.
Oct 26, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2008
Davhenan said:

Another reason why Iroha and Hikki fit.
Oct 26, 2016 10:27 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:

It was bad because they had to take time off of putting in the great 10.5 scenes to appease to Yukinofags with original content.

Please read and think.

It's not that hard.

But that's the point, they did adapt most of the great stuff. The rest would have been Iroha manipulating the Service Club into writing a free newspaper for her so she can keep her budget as a student council president. They obviously can't show that, because they only want to show Iroha's good side.

Even if they adapted that, then the OVA would need to be 40 minutes long and you really wouldn't have gotten any more quality moments out of Iroha. This is essentially Iroha's route or her farewell in the series. Irohafans should be very happy with how her character was represented in the anime. The rest of the OVA is essentially for the fans of the other two main girls as a sort of preparation for volume 12.

You really do have an aggressive tone when you address people. I'd advise you to do something about that, but I'm fairly certain you're not going to listen.
Oct 26, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2014
Haou-Judai said:
Davhenan said:

Yea with his old personality maybe, but the story is about him changing and stopping being rotten and becoming a better person. Watari wanted to tell his fans that Edgy loner = Not good.

Old hachiman with his methods was wrong and he needs to realize that he has friends now and people who can relay on and get hurt if he hurts himself, which what he wanted in the first place.

The story is about two loners growing up from their shells and growing closer together with the tie/bind Yui who made them closer with the support of the rest of the cast.
Oct 26, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Straussberg said:
hoopla123 said:

Please read and think.

It's not that hard.

But that's the point, they did adapt most of the great stuff. The rest would have been Iroha manipulating the Service Club into writing a free newspaper for her so she can keep her budget as a student council president. They obviously can't show that, because they only want to show Iroha's good side.

Even if they adapted that, then the OVA would need to be 40 minutes long and you really wouldn't have gotten any more quality moments out of Iroha. This is essentially Iroha's route or her farewell in the series. Irohafans should be very happy with how her character was represented in the anime. The rest of the OVA is essentially for the fans of the other two main girls as a sort of preparation for volume 12.

You really do have an aggressive tone when you address people. I'd advise you to do something about that, but I'm fairly certain you're not going to listen.

Well actually agreed with your second point abt the time management but

>They obviously can't show that, because they only want to show Iroha's good side.

>this is essentially Iroha's route or her farewell in the series.

Whoops, we got someone from the anime staff and our own WW here lmao.
removed-userOct 26, 2016 10:44 AM
Oct 26, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Straussberg said:
hoopla123 said:

Please read and think.

It's not that hard.

And I'm fairly certain you don't read my posts either. (if so, why bother even quoting my post in the first place?)

1. You saying that I should be glad when I literally said these things in my first post...

hoopla123 said:

The Iroha date scene was perfect

I give this a 10/10. It can't be any lower than that. After all, it is the holy 10.5 adaption.

2. As for your post regarding how the original content was made for Iroha to be presented in her only "good side."

hoopla123 said:

Also, Iroha has been shown to have her flaws in the anime adaption. I don't know where this notion of "mah pure generic waifu" for Iroha comes from, even from anime secondaries. They adapted multiple scenes of her using Hachiman, Tobe and all the others.

The original content was obviously made to appease Yukinofags. But of course people will deny common sense.

3. Your comment regarding Iroha's farewell in the series to prepare for volume 12..

In the LN when Iroha takes a picture of the three, she also gets a photo taken of herself with Yukino and Yui by Hachiman and he says this line: "I wonder what kind of pains I will feel with these memories once I reach the age of longing." which is an indication of Hachiman seeing Iroha as one of his closest friends in highschool along with Yui and Yukino. Of course this is not shown in the OVA adaption.

Did I love the adaption? Yes.

Do I see flaws? Yes.

That's literally it.
Oct 26, 2016 10:43 AM
Oct 2016
Frostbytes said:
Straussberg said:

>They obviously can't show that, because they only want to show Iroha's good side.

Whoops, we got someone from the anime stuff and our own WW here lmao.

Well, Yui got her route in ANOTHER and this is sort of Iroha's route. Now it's time to go for the conclusion of the main series. I don't really understand what you meant with we got someone from the anime stuff. Did you mean staff? As in I'm acting as if I know what I'm talking about or something? A lot of people in the community have pretty much come to the conclusion that's what Watari is doing. He wrote a spin-off for Yui. Then on Iroha's birthday they announced this OVA that would be bundled with the PS Vita game. Now that Watari has pretty much given all of the girls a route in some fashion, it's time to wrap the series up. I can assure you that Iroha is not going to play a major role in the conclusion. I don't need to be Watari or someone from the staff to tell you that.
Oct 26, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2008
Davhenan said:
Haou-Judai said:

Yea with his old personality maybe, but the story is about him changing and stopping being rotten and becoming a better person. Watari wanted to tell his fans that Edgy loner = Not good.

Old hachiman with his methods was wrong and he needs to realize that he has friends now and people who can relay on and get hurt if he hurts himself, which what he wanted in the first place.

The story is about two loners growing up from their shells and growing closer together with the tie/bind Yui who made them closer with the support of the rest of the cast.

Both Yui and Yukino ending is wrong end... I like both Yui and Yukino but if Hachiman select one of those girl then he hurt the another one. Also that not "unique"....

More better ending if it's friendship ending with those girls... hikki dosen't need love realtionship to became a better person. So he can later find any random girl after a time skip...
Haou-JudaiOct 26, 2016 10:49 AM
Oct 26, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Straussberg said:
Frostbytes said:

Whoops, we got someone from the anime stuff and our own WW here lmao.

Well, Yui got her route in ANOTHER and this is sort of Iroha's route. Now it's time to go for the conclusion of the main series. I don't really understand what you meant with we got someone from the anime stuff. Did you mean staff? As in I'm acting as if I know what I'm talking about or something? A lot of people in the community have pretty much come to the conclusion that's what Watari is doing. He wrote a spin-off for Yui. Then on Iroha's birthday they announced this OVA that would be bundled with the PS Vita game. Now that Watari has pretty much given all of the girls a route in some fashion, it's time to wrap the series up. I can assure you that Iroha is not going to play a major role in the conclusion. I don't need to be Watari or someone from the staff to tell you that.

Yep, there was a typo in my post. Now read @hoopla123's points so that you understand it.
Oct 26, 2016 10:50 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:
Straussberg said:

And I'm fairly certain you don't read my posts either. (if so, why bother even quoting my post in the first place?)

1. You saying that I should be glad when I literally said these things in my first post...

hoopla123 said:

The Iroha date scene was perfect

2. As for your post regarding how the original content was made for Iroha to be presented in her only "good side."

hoopla123 said:

Also, Iroha has been shown to have her flaws in the anime adaption. I don't know where this notion of "mah pure generic waifu" for Iroha comes from, even from anime secondaries. They adapted multiple scenes of her using Hachiman, Tobe and all the others.

The original content was obviously made to appease Yukinofags. But of course people will deny common sense.

3. Your comment regarding Iroha's farewell in the series to prepare for volume 12..

In the LN when Iroha takes a picture of the three, she also gets a photo taken of herself with Yukino and Yui by Hachiman and he says this line: "I wonder what kind of pains I will feel with these memories once I reach the age of longing." which is an indication of Hachiman seeing Iroha as one of his closest friends in highschool along with Yui and Yukino. Of course this is not shown in the OVA adaption.

Do I see flaws? Yes.

That's literally it.

I have absolutely no problem with any of that, although to be fair she uses Hachiman way more in the LN, but it's fine. The point is, you got a great Iroha OVA, with a little extra for the fans of the other characters. It's not just fans of Iroha that have waited for over a year for new content. Why can Yukino and Yuifans, or honestly your problem really seems to be mostly with Yukinofans, not get a little enjoyment out of the OVA as well? There's no need to say things like "Yukishit scenes were bad". Just let other fans enjoy it as well. That's the entire reason why I addressed you in the first place. I mean it's not like Studio Feel hasn't cut corners on other parts in this series either.
StraussbergOct 26, 2016 10:54 AM
Oct 26, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Straussberg said:
hoopla123 said:

Do I see flaws? Yes.

That's literally it.

I have absolutely no problem with any of that, although to be fair she uses Hachiman way more in the LN, but it's fine. The point is, you got a great Iroha OVA, with a little extra for the fans of the other characters. It's not just fans of Iroha that have waited for over a year for new content. Why can Yukino and Yuifans, or honestly your problem really seems to be mostly with Yukinofans, not get a little enjoyment out of the OVA as well? There's no need to say things like "Yukishit scenes were bad". Just let other fans enjoy it as well. That's the entire reason why I addressed you in the first place.

Because I always aim for 100% faithful adaptions. If you have no time to adapt everything, at least adapt the important things but original content is a huge no no in favor of less source material adapting.

There are also plenty of Yui and Yukino scenes in 10.5, there was no need to really put in the whole original shopping content. As I said before, it was purely there to just serve its purpose as appeasement moreso than adding to the overall series compared to the actual source material of 10.5.
Oct 26, 2016 11:01 AM
Oct 2016
hoopla123 said:

Because I always aim for 100% faithful adaptions. If you have no time to adapt everything, at least adapt the important things but original content is a huge no no in favor of less source material adapting.

There are also plenty of Yui and Yukino scenes in 10.5, there was no need to really put in the whole original shopping content. As I said before, it was purely there to just serve its purpose as appeasement moreso than adding to the overall series compared to the actual source material of 10.5.

Technically volume 10,5 is merely a side volume that doesn't really add anything of substance to the main narrative. The date of this is the most important thing and you got that. I added this last sentence to my previous post, but you replied before I edited apparently. What I was trying to get across is that it's not like Studio Feel hasn't cut corners on other way more important aspects of this series. What's the big deal about changing a few things about a side volume, that in the grand scheme of things, doesn't really matter all that much. It's very much like the OVA of the first season with the wedding stuff. That wasn't properly adapted either, but who cares. It didn't contribute to the overall series.

It really seems like you're upset that they added a bit of extra content for the other fans. Which is fine, but you don't need to insult them.
Oct 26, 2016 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
I still recall how Iroha used to get on my nerves. Yet now I would probably liked the OVA more if the entire episode was dedicated to her alone.

The face she made seeing a similar snapshot of Yui, Yukino and Hachiman really got me. I dunno if I can pick Yukino and Yui over Iroha at this point of time. I am getting more and more inclined towards Iroha. It feels weird because she came into the scene so late in the LN and in the anime series. It's impossible to ignore her as she caught up with the other two so quickly within such a short span of time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 26, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
I'm waiting for the subs but I'm incredibly happy that there's more best girl Yukino in this OVA!
Oct 26, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2015
I've been waiting for this, and it's finally out! A lot of great moments in one OVA. I loved it! I haven't read volume 10.5 yet, but I should get to it some time soon, hopefully. Just waiting for more information on volume 12..

Obviously gonna rewatch this when subs are out as well.

Oct 26, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2016
has been a while since I Watched both Seasons, finally glad that this Ova finally is here, enjoyed it completely... Wonder when we will get a third season... I need it ASAP
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 26, 2016 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
This made me realize how much more fun Iroha is, honestly her and Hiki suits each other better than the other 2, she's fun and quite the tease and she's a good influence for someone like Hiki, a loner like him needs a girl like Iroha than the edgy loner problematic Yukino and the over cheerful emotional too nice Yui.

Hiki's a downer, thinking about "Just what kind of pain would accompany the nostalgic sight of these photos when we became old enough?" life has a lot of surprises, life is how you want it to be at times, you'll meet new people and you can still get together with those 2 girls as friends, you dont need to be so freaking negative about everything. Then again this is probably what the series is trying to point out, that being like this aint good.
Oct 26, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2015
I think I understood the Iroha date without subs for the most part since I read that chapter from 10.5.
Oct 26, 2016 8:37 PM

Nov 2015
When will we be able to watch this?? like will crunchyroll put it up??

any word on a season 3?
Oct 26, 2016 9:59 PM
Oct 2015
kaguraa_ said:
I'm waiting for the subs but I'm incredibly happy that there's more best girl Yukino in this OVA!

Fansubs are out! Go check the SNAFU subreddit if you want more info

Edit: They are pretty darn good fansubs btw

Edit2: tagging this guy

inuscooter26 said:
When will we be able to watch this?? like will crunchyroll put it up??

any word on a season 3?
Oct 26, 2016 10:31 PM

Apr 2013
This whole series is a damn blessing.
Oct 26, 2016 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
What?! An OVA of my favorite romance series and I didn't know about it?
Oct 26, 2016 10:49 PM

Dec 2014
Jack_Corvus96 said:
Wonder when we will get a third season... I need it ASAP

Hahahahahaha, that's funny because anime caught up to the light novels and there hasn't been a release since over a year ago, unless you're talking about the ANOTHER novels. The lack of updates makes sense since Wataru Watari's working on the recently airing Girlish Number anime after all.

Anyway, back to topic. The amount of salt on the meaningless waifu wars is a little irritating as the series was never really about that (that was secondary to the overall theme of what the meaning of friendship is). Though I appreciated seeing the cast again even if the latter half was anime original and some characters obviously got more screen time than others, but I don't think it makes sense to judge an anime based on how well a source was adapted.

So my score is a 5/5. Worth a rewatch because the OVA's endearing and entertaining.
I need sleep.
Oct 26, 2016 11:07 PM

Sep 2014
Is it me, or was 8man looking at yukino in the last picture?
Oct 27, 2016 12:15 AM
Mar 2016
i already read this part on LN, but i glad they adapt it very well

This OVA make Iroha my number one choice for Hikki
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will there be season 3

ZALRAN - Jan 15, 2017

11 by Komacchi »»
Jan 20, 2022 3:21 PM

» BOYCOTT!!!

nottescura - Nov 5, 2016

19 by LeftBlank »»
Jun 23, 2019 1:52 AM

» Does the new Oregairu Zoku OVA take place before or after the last episode of season 2?

RintarouRintarou - Oct 31, 2016

4 by Jose07 »»
Mar 12, 2017 1:39 PM

» PV

kr055 - Aug 19, 2016

42 by Veone »»
Oct 25, 2016 11:18 AM

» Is this canon?

R_TF - Sep 18, 2016

4 by Raydnt »»
Sep 23, 2016 10:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.