Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2016
So the other day a friend told me that I consume to much anime in a day (if you want just check my profile & history) I'm 16 (junior in H.S.) so I don't a lot of time constraints such as work, etc but I do go to school from 9am-2pm and I usually complete about 1/2 of my homework in school but somehow I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days and about 35-40 episodes a day on breaks. Is that too much? How many episodes can you watch in a day?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2015
That's the same rate I went with a while back. Somehow it just gradually lowered to 10-20 episodes per day but I guess that is manageable
Oct 16, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2016
School takes up a lot of my time, so I can only get in around 11 episodes on days with school. On days without it, typically 20-27.
It depends what time you watch it, how often you sleep, etc.
Your history doesn't seem like much, imo.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 16, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
Akilleez said:
I don't a lot of time constraints such as work,

I already want your life, trade me plz fam.
Oct 16, 2016 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
You seriously only have school for 5 hours?
Oct 16, 2016 6:00 PM

Sep 2016
It sure is, you probably do not do anything beyond that. I do some more things in my day to study regularly and gym and can with difficulty see 10 episodes or 5.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 16, 2016 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
You're a person with no social life and doesn't have a good education (if you're HS is ends that early and has so few homework)

Is that what you're trying to tell us with this post? Cause yes, that's insane.
Oct 16, 2016 6:03 PM

May 2016
CheekyKunt said:
You seriously only have school for 5 hours?

Yes my schedule has gotten better over the years when I was a freshmen I went to school from 8am-3pm
Oct 16, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2016
Nedrarg said:
It sure is, you probably do not do anything beyond that. I do some more things in my day to study regularly and gym and can with difficulty see 10 episodes or 5.

Basically, I don't usually things that aren't important like I don't go out unless it's school or when I buy clothes or something
Oct 16, 2016 6:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Akilleez said:
I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days and about 35-40 episodes a day on breaks

what the actual fuck man?

assuming you're being serious, thats NOT healthy... obviously its not because its anime, but because you're clearly not doing anything else with your free time

if you're only 16 you should be making SOME effort to interact with others and form relationships or life will fuck you in the ass when you're older

plus you also probably aren't getting any exercise minus walking from class to class, which will also destroy you as you age
Oct 16, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2016
Nah, it was the same for me too when I was in the early days of my anime life about some years ago...Although you have seem like 4 times more anime than me...Well, that's what happens when you beggin your anime life by watching long battle shounen animes...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 16, 2016 6:12 PM

May 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Akilleez said:
I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days and about 35-40 episodes a day on breaks

assuming you're being serious, thats NOT healthy... obviously its not because its anime, but because you're clearly not doing anything else with your free time

if you're only 16 you should be making SOME effort to interact with others and form relationships or life will fuck you in the ass when you're older

plus you also probably aren't getting any exercise minus walking from class to class, which will also destroy you as you age

Wow...Kinda surprised to hear such advice from the Ecchi master...

But, yeah...Don't become like me that can't keep running for 1 minute without feeling like I'm dying afterwards...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Oct 16, 2016 6:12 PM
Jan 2015
Even if I binge something, I probably won't get more than 12 episodes in a day, but if that's what you want to do with your free time though, all power to you, just be prepared to live with the consequences.
My Queens

Oct 16, 2016 6:14 PM

May 2015
Most I can get is 10-14 in one sitting and that rarely happens.
usually I just get too tired

but yes above 30 eps a day is very impressive, do you take caffeine or something to help you stay awake op?
Oct 16, 2016 6:17 PM

May 2016
Izumii said:
Most I can get is 10-14 in one sitting and that rarely happens.
usually I just get too tired

but yes above 30 eps a day is very impressive, do you take caffeine or something to help you stay awake op?

Nope I just wake up really early like around 6:30-7:00am everyday.
Oct 16, 2016 6:18 PM

Jul 2014
Bruh you need to chill, I haven't even watched 10 episodes in one day in so long. I can't even image 30.
Oct 16, 2016 6:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HyperL said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

But, yeah...Don't become like me that can't keep running for 1 minute without feeling like I'm dying afterwards...

lol really? my job requires standing up and walking for anywhere from 5-10 hours a day and i do that 5 days a week. 1/3 to 1/2 the day im outside in the 80-90+ heat as well

not getting exercise kills lol so if hes really watching that much anime a day hes gonna pay the price in the future

1minute? lol damn
Oct 16, 2016 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
Woah 9am to 2pm...my HS was 8am to 10pm ffs
Oct 16, 2016 6:45 PM

May 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:

lol really? my job requires standing up and walking for anywhere from 5-10 hours a day and i do that 5 days a week. 1/3 to 1/2 the day im outside in the 80-90+ heat as well

not getting exercise kills lol so if hes really watching that much anime a day hes gonna pay the price in the future

1minute? lol damn

Well, In my case, I'm still on college and I also don't leave home unless I need to...
Oct 16, 2016 6:48 PM

Jun 2015
A 5 hour HS curriculum? What inane country do you live in?
Oct 16, 2016 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Akilleez said:

Completely true.

Damn you must literally eat anime up (although long runners definitely make marathoning quicker) do you do anything else in your free time like at all? Honestly though I regret not being more socially active because I'm at the age where I want to start a family in 4-6 years (I'm 22 currently) and my lack of social skills and knowledge outside of anime makes it harder than it could be to make conversations with anything let alone women. Sure I talk to people who also like anime, but I've barely met anyone at my anime level (aka 1 person irl so far who watched as much anime as I used to) so after a bit of chatting most people are bored of the subject >.> Also during the summer I recommend getting a job just for work experience because school and a professional job 2 almost completely different monsters and since I lacked any work ethic adapting to having a job took allot of work and I'm still behind; hell a good example is in the last 4 months a new guy has surpassed me in almost every way when I've had this job for a year now.... Oh and I didn't touch up on trying to have a family with bills, housework, a kid, ect. (luckily I'm not at that phase of my life yet)

While I've never been quite as active as you, maybe 15+ episodes a day mainly for marathoning long runners such as childhood anime that I still keep up with. Finally after watching airing anime for 14-16 seasons now (holy shit I hadn't realized that I had been seasoning for so long :O) I've realized that for at least 1-2 cour anime I get/enjoy those anime more by watching them slower.

Anyways sorry for my tangent, but I hope my life experiences help you.
AggronOct 16, 2016 7:06 PM
Oct 16, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2012
I used to watch a fair bit of anime alongside a(n) MMO that I played back in the past. I'm now in college and classes, schoolwork, cooking for myself, laundry, groceries, etc. take up the majority of my time. Aside from that I take drum lessons; but I'm not left with no time to watch anime. I'm able to watch a fair bit during the weekend; though I don't have much to watch outside of One Piece at this point (I've seen everything else).

In my opinion, "consuming" 30 episodes of anime in one day isn't going to harm you, what will harm you is sitting there and doing that each and every day. You need to get up, exercise, move, etc. Anime shouldn't consume the entirety of your time; once you reach the point where anime isn't your entire free life then you'll be fine.

@The others saying he needs to make friends in HS: Your HS friends very rarely translate over to college. I barely know anyone at my college who went to my HS, just my roommate. I agree building social bonds is extremely important; but I wouldn't say it's a necessity in HS, at least not to the degree that it should be forced.

Honestly, just do whatever makes you happy, but be sure to live in a healthy way that takes care of your mind and body.
Oct 16, 2016 6:56 PM

Jun 2014
Lanz said:

14 hours WTF?

I wanted to say you're trolling but then realised that the person is from South Korea. I'm going to cry in the corner now...
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 16, 2016 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
Akilleez said:
So the other day a friend told me that I consume to much anime in a day (if you want just check my profile & history) I'm 16 (junior in H.S.) so I don't a lot of time constraints such as work, etc but I do go to school from 9am-2pm and I usually complete about 1/2 of my homework in school but somehow I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days and about 35-40 episodes a day on breaks. Is that too much? How many episodes can you watch in a day?

Dude, stop for a second and consider your life in the future...
Oct 16, 2016 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
ShaneM said:

@The others saying he needs to make friends in HS: Your HS friends very rarely translate over to college. I barely know anyone at my college who went to my HS, just my roommate. I agree building social bonds is extremely important; but I wouldn't say it's a necessity in HS, at least not to the degree that it should be forced.

Mainly learning how to interact socially irl is what I was going for with my reply also life long friends are occasionally made, you never know.
Oct 16, 2016 7:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HyperL said:

Well, In my case, I'm still on college and I also don't leave home unless I need to...

you should honestly force yourself... do you work? even if its just a job, make sure you get one that forces you to build social skills assuming you're bad at them
Oct 16, 2016 7:18 PM

Dec 2015
Lanz said:

14 hours? wow that's crazy, when do you sleep?
Oct 16, 2016 7:19 PM

May 2014
Just started Naruto about 3 weeks ago, I'm already at 5 Kage Summit, (post Pain's Assult), so not strange imo
Oct 16, 2016 7:20 PM

Nov 2015
Dude. I think that is insane. The most I have ever done was watch around 30 episodes a day. After that, my head hurt and I could never beat that record. Recently, I have watched AOT and both Noragami series in 2 days. If you want to know, 24 episodes is around 9-10 hours if you skip the OP and ED.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Oct 16, 2016 7:21 PM

Mar 2016
Yeah that actually is pretty insane

Usually I watch 0 - 5 episodes a day and maybe 3 - 10 a day on weekends.

Can't even imagine 20+ every day; don't you people rest
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 16, 2016 7:23 PM

Aug 2016
No, that's perfectly fine. In fact, you should have around 5-6 extra hours you could be using to watch even more!
Oct 16, 2016 7:29 PM
Apr 2016
Yes that is insane. Consider finding other interests.
Oct 16, 2016 7:30 PM
May 2015
I used to watch a minimum of 33 episodes of anime on school days with school (including travelling time) going from 7:50am to 4:20pm. (On days without school it was minimum 50 episodes. Now I watch 6-8 episodes on school days and 12-26 episodes on days without school WITH the rest filled with Manga and light novels. It's not insane, I think it's fine. If you enjoy it then leave it as that. If you watch some anime with 1.5x-2x faster then you can watch a lot in a small period of time.

Oct 16, 2016 7:36 PM

May 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:

you should honestly force yourself... do you work? even if its just a job, make sure you get one that forces you to build social skills assuming you're bad at them

No, I still don't work, but I'll have to eventually...

And about my social skills, my case is even worse than just being bad at them...I genuinely don't care about them...That on top of me being shy...

And no, I'll not force myself to do stuff...But I appreciate your concern...
Oct 16, 2016 7:40 PM
Jan 2013
It's insaaaaaaaayne super radical maaaan
gone bai bai
Oct 16, 2016 7:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HyperL said:

And about my social skills, my case is even worse than just being bad at them...I genuinely don't care about them...That on top of me being shy...

you're on a site of insecure nerds, im sure EVERYONE has been through this or is going through this lol...

i was the weird kid who never said anything in grade school either then i got into college, realized no one is actually judging you, ran into shameless youtubers etc, got a job that forces me to be social and it was all worth it.

now i can do things like talk about fanservice anime in public and not even think that ppl may be listening lol

trust me man, theres no other way than to force yourself into social settings like customer service jobs

i never would've dreamed years ago i'd be a completely shameless motherfucker like i am now, and YES i am just as shameless offline lol
Oct 16, 2016 7:48 PM
Apr 2016
jeikobu11 said:
I used to watch a minimum of 33 episodes of anime on school days with school (including travelling time) going from 7:50am to 4:20pm. (On days without school it was minimum 50 episodes. Now I watch 6-8 episodes on school days and 12-26 episodes on days without school WITH the rest filled with Manga and light novels. It's not insane, I think it's fine. If you enjoy it then leave it as that. If you watch some anime with 1.5x-2x faster then you can watch a lot in a small period of time.

Yo this is insane. If you keep this up you will not be a well rounded person. If you want to be a loner forever that's fine but most people have larger aspirations than watching hours of anime everyday by themselves.
Oct 16, 2016 7:54 PM
Jul 2016
Hahaha I'm the same. I'm a working adult.. so I think I have plenty of time to watch. I schedule my house chores, and meeting friends/family for dinner etc, so I have more time to watch anime. I could finish at least 10-15 episodes each day, and a whole series over the weekend. My friends who have the same schedule as me are surprised at how many I could go through daily.
Jamie08Oct 16, 2016 7:57 PM
Oct 16, 2016 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
I'd say that's too much for high schoolar. . .

I used to be like that, but in my case i was (and still) a university student without any job or class to attend, so i had much free time to spent. . . Now, i able to watch only 0-5 episodes a day, since i'm busy in real life lately. . .
Kurniawan_KtrOct 16, 2016 8:06 PM
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Oct 16, 2016 7:56 PM

Apr 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Lanz said:

14 hours? wow that's crazy, when do you sleep?

I was in a dorm, so after school I had to do schoolwork until midnight, so slept from 1-2am to 6am + short naps between classes

This is completely normal though, I heard of harsher schools...one was compulsory till 2am for three years straight, now that's what you call crazy
Oct 16, 2016 8:12 PM

May 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:

you're on a site of insecure nerds, im sure EVERYONE has been through this or is going through this lol...

i was the weird kid who never said anything in grade school either then i got into college, realized no one is actually judging you, ran into shameless youtubers etc, got a job that forces me to be social and it was all worth it.

now i can do things like talk about fanservice anime in public and not even think that ppl may be listening lol

trust me man, theres no other way than to force yourself into social settings like customer service jobs

i never would've dreamed years ago i'd be a completely shameless motherfucker like i am now, and YES i am just as shameless offline lol

See? You didn't take the "I genuinely don't care about them" for real, although I badly explained it...Let me clarify begging with a impactiful statment...

I don't care about being social...You see, I just don't say that I don't care about it because I'm bad at it, it's because my mind has little to no interest in real life affairs...Ever since anime, videogames and the internet became my only sources of entertainment, almost anything else in this world matters...Like, seriously, my motivation for studying, fidind work and becoming a man that can sustain himself is so I can keep entertaining myself like I always have since Middle school...
HyperLOct 16, 2016 8:18 PM
Oct 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2016
i dont know if I would believe this lies or not.
30 episodes a day in school?
lol!
this is lie

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Oct 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Nov 2014
@Akilleez,
dude, you are so casual.

Oct 16, 2016 8:25 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HyperL said:
You see, I just don't say that I don't care about it because I'm bad at it, it's because my mind has little to no interest in real life affairs...Ever since anime, videogames and the internet became my only sources of entertainment, almost anything else in this world matters...Like, seriously, my motivation for studying, fidind work and becoming a man that can sustain himself is so I can keep entertaining myself like I always have since Middle school...

bruh, anime and drawing anime are my 2 biggest hobbies. i like to spend hours online and not only that, i like to do almost everything alone, so i understand that.

so im not saying theres anything inherently wrong with that if it makes you happy, im just saying in the long run thinking that way is going to bite you in the ass

plus theres all sorts of studies that show thats its not good for the human mind and body to never want to interact
Oct 16, 2016 8:25 PM

Nov 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:

1minute? lol damn

+1 Mamster-P

Do you run marathons in real life? :D

OP, you should start running while you're still growing up or you will regret it later.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 16, 2016 8:29 PM

Aug 2012
Akilleez said:
I do go to school from 9am-2pm and I usually complete about 1/2 of my homework in school but somehow I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days and about 35-40 episodes a day on breaks. Is that too much? How many episodes can you watch in a day?

So at the very least you're spending 10 hours watching anime on a school day. That's a lot.
Oct 16, 2016 8:30 PM
Jul 2016
Akilleez said:
somehow I seem to watch 25-30 episodes a day on regular school days

Let's see, at 20 min/episode, that's...

8.3 - 10 hours a day...

When do you sleep, you insane cyborg?!?

Seriously, though, that's definitely unhealthy. If we're talking an occasional binge-watching day, that's one thing, but regularly spending every shred of free time watching anime? Not so much.

Balance is important. Try to find some other things you enjoy. Reading novels, drawing, golf... Just pick something and try it. All the better if you find some sort of passion that you can channel into a future career.

If you don't spend some of your free time working toward something more than consuming anime, it will cause your life to stagnate, which will not end well.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Oct 16, 2016 8:35 PM

May 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:
You see, I just don't say that I don't care about it because I'm bad at it, it's because my mind has little to no interest in real life affairs...Ever since anime, videogames and the internet became my only sources of entertainment, almost anything else in this world matters...Like, seriously, my motivation for studying, fidind work and becoming a man that can sustain himself is so I can keep entertaining myself like I always have since Middle school...

bruh, anime and drawing anime are my 2 biggest hobbies. i like to spend hours online and not only that, i like to do almost everything alone, so i understand that.

so im not saying theres anything inherently wrong with that if it makes you happy, im just saying in the long run thinking that way is going to bite you in the ass

plus theres all sorts of studies that show thats its not good for the human mind and body to never want to interact

Well, I don't know exactly how...I mean, if it's physically, then I already know that, I'll have to start walking regularly or something soon enough...Other than that I don't see much problem...
Oct 16, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2011
EcchiLordMamster said:
HyperL said:

Could be like a friend of mine, he has a medically diagnosed disorder that makes him not give a shit about social interaction, the only way you can get him to interact with you is out of necessity or by sharing his interest otherwise he just doesn't give a shit.
When he was diagnosed he didn't even bother talking to the counselor and just started pulling devices in the room apart and trying to work out how they worked.
^_^
Oct 16, 2016 8:45 PM

May 2016
Do you have an excuse for letting anime consume pretty much every minute of your free time?

This past summer, I was taking one class, so I would wake up at around 10 or 11 a.m. and watch anime until around 2 a.m., with about 45 minutes total break time for eating (I'd grab some food and eat while watching anime) and other necessities—I literally didn't spend a single minute studying for the class, and did all of the required work at the last possible minute.

I have an excuse, though: exercise could very well literally kill me, and I haven't made a single friend since... forever, I guess; I have no social life to speak of. And yes, it's pathetic. And no, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The only reason I spent so much time with anime was to distract myself from all of the shit going down in my head (homicidal ideations, schizophrenia, chronic depression) and from everything in the real world itself (being harassed about moving out of my parents' house (I'm 17—I skipped grades and started college classes when I was 15) or needing to pay rent—so I got a job and am now paying rent while also taking a full class load, and I literally can't move out before I transfer, so I'm stuck here for another year).

If you have no life outside of anime aside from the basic necessities, by all means, go for it. But I wouldn't say that it's good, or healthy. And just be aware that the transition between now and when you do have a lot of things to deal with will be a harsh one; just because you can handle all of the coursework now doesn't mean it'll always be that easy, and if you fall into the habit of procrastination or half-assing the work, it'll hurt you later. If possible (if you aren't physically incapable), try something to make sure your health isn't going to decline—even just exercising your hands and arms while watching anime will help.
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What's the craziest plot twist you've ever come across in an anime?

Nanami0007 - 36 seconds ago

0 by Nanami0007 »»
36 seconds ago

» What is the greatest spoiler of all time in anime?

SgtBateMan - 5 hours ago

12 by Lucifrost »»
52 seconds ago

» WTF is the point of sexualizing male characters? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Mar 30

76 by Lhundrup »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 7 hours ago

8 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

17 by Nirinbo »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.