Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2016 8:02 PM

Oct 2009
Eh. I was really looking forward to this but really the protagonist with all his 'I'm a Virgin NEET' jokes are so outdated. They wanted to make the protagonist's narration "unique" by ripping off Tatami Galaxy and Subaru's cringey 'real world' otaku comments.

The boobs on the girls are ridiculous I kinda feel offended. I usually love really fast paced anime but it just kills everything when you stuff every character intro in the first ep and introduce the murder at the end.

Wants to be Steins;GatexSubaruxOccultAcademyxTatamiGalaxyxBakemonogatari. This is such a mess... might drop it...
Oct 8, 2016 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
It had the potential to be really good, but it became shit instead. Hated the episode
よろしく!
Oct 8, 2016 8:06 PM
Sep 2011
Couldn't watch the entire episode without having to come here and check whether it was worth trying to continue. Got as far as the fortune teller scene, which was properly acceptable and interesting, but then it returned to fan-service and I had to complain that this happens too often.

If you can put up with an annoying MC duo, perhaps, and ignore breasts that seem like they're almost part of her stomach and quite literally bigger than her head - and naturally get their own screen time as if they're a character.

Nothing wrong with the amount of information they throw at you, too many shows do nothing with their time anyway, but trying to run the same style as Monogatari or the like with MC's (irritating in this case) fast talking is unnecessary.

Edit: I would actually like some anime to watch this season, but at this rate there might seriously be nothing.
Fallen_TenshiOct 8, 2016 8:11 PM
Oct 8, 2016 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Talk about rushed will give it 1 more episode but very close to dropping it.
Oct 8, 2016 8:26 PM
Jun 2013
Fappa said:
This was so...Shaft? Like I was reminded of the Monogatari several times, in direction and display you know. These fast cuts, vibrant colors, text inserts.

Niveen_Sleem said:
meh

I hate girls with over-sized breasts. They tend to be useless and nothing but distraction and ruiners for the story. The speech style reminded me of the monogatari first at the beginning but after five minutes they were just talking very fast, putting too much info in no time. If it hadn't for this ridiculous girl with huge watermelons as breast I would have liked the episode more

I agree with both of these comments. I really don't understand. If this show cut out the gimmicks and awkward gags, and was just "normal", I feel like it might be okay. But I have already lost about 90% of my hope. I don't know why I still try.
Oct 8, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
1 Volume, 1 Episode......Worst Anime of Fall 2016 already! Plz, be better second episode!
Oct 8, 2016 8:42 PM

Nov 2015
Ok. This show just aired today, and the pleb and weaboos already give low rating for this..

I'm really tired of the weaboos. Can we just eliminate them all?

Don't you think you should give this show a chance, atleast 3 episodes, then decide it?
Smh.. Kids these days..
Oct 8, 2016 8:52 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i just have one response cause i have no idea wtf was going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBL4FAoUdBY
Oct 8, 2016 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
Reminds me of Dimension W, which is not a good thing.

Fappa said:
ChrisTheBlack said:
Someone needs to ban A-1 from adapting light novels, this first episode is a mess.

Rather than A-1 you should look at the production committee or the director and tell them that.

And the owner of the I.P. who gave the rights to make a butchering knowing full well it'd be a butchering.

But people don't seem to realize this. Like people seeing Grisaia getting pissed on in fall 2014, badmouthing 8bit for it (the studio) and then turning around to throw all their money at Sekai project's rushed Steam port the next second.

Occultic;Nine creator will make money off this too, as people are deluded there's a disconnect between adaptation and original creator.
Oct 8, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2007
HaXXspetten said:
Uhm... what?

Well that was hyperactive, overwhelming and hella confusing all at the same time. Not quite sure what to make of it. I mean I'm not expecting everything to be explained by the first episode mind you but it'll be really hard to get attached to anything when they keep this kind of ultra-faced pacing and dialogue (and speaking of which, the dialogue is super awkward too)

And did we really need both a boob monster and a super in-your-face MC? The guy gives off the impression of being like Subaru except without any depth :s

Idk if I'll really end up liking this show... which would be unfortunate because I had some hopes for it but oh well. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not impressed thus far at least

Did you just try to imply Subaru has any depth? ...
Oct 8, 2016 9:34 PM

Sep 2016
So far I am not impressed. The first episode was very rushed, I had a hard time trying to keep up with the subtitles half the time. When I saw the PV I thought it would have a rather darker and serious storyline but instead we got an extremely hyper fast-paced first episode.

From what I saw I am assuming that there are about 3 different character stories going on that may all connect to each other somehow. I have no problem with that but mannnnn, it was just too fast for me. I really hope they will slow down next few episodes and get a bit more serious, otherwise I may drop it.
Oct 8, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2013
They definitely put too much in the first episode but it was easy enough to follow. We sort of have character introductions out of the way now, hopefully following episodes give a bit more explanation, but I'm super interested in seeing what comes next.
Oct 8, 2016 9:45 PM

Dec 2014
that stun gun though..

Oct 8, 2016 9:46 PM

Jan 2016
CrazyFrogz said:
Like watching in 4x speed and that big boob kinda disturbing.

Exactly my thoughts. I hope it gets better
Oct 8, 2016 9:48 PM
Nov 2013
The episode was definitely a little rushed, but it was till very interesting. If the pacing slows down, this will be a great show. Give it more time.

Also, the ending gave me some Steins;Gate vibes. Then again, this is from the same creator.
Oct 8, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
There is so many good shows this season!................and this is not one of them.
Props to the girl for being so genki even though those boobs must weigh A LOT. She is lucky she is anime.
Oct 8, 2016 10:28 PM

Jan 2011
what the actual fuck was this show ,getting Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin /monogatari vibes and i only dare mention the two together for the simple fact of how fast pace they send dialogue into your face but unlike monogatari all the lines here were 90% complete nonsense plus jumping around to several characters within the first episode didn't help in understanding anything besides Occult-like stuff is happening?.

cmon bruh balloon boobs leave that for the doujin's there's a limit to how big they can be until it gets silly lol.. and i have a soft spot for sakura ayane but her Genki here is overkill with everything going on
Oct 8, 2016 10:39 PM

Feb 2016
Wtf is going on? I don't know what the fuck am i watching
Oct 8, 2016 10:40 PM

Feb 2016
Black_wind said:
There is so many good shows this season!................and this is not one of them.
Props to the girl for being so genki even though those boobs must weigh A LOT. She is lucky she is anime.
What? If she's not from anime and she's real you'd fuck her?
Oct 8, 2016 10:41 PM

Feb 2016
Dahyun said:
Ehh that was a mess.. If the pacing doesn't get better in the next episode I think I'm dropping it
I agree............
Oct 8, 2016 10:42 PM
Apr 2011
That narration and art style. A nice nod to Tatami Galaxy
Oct 8, 2016 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
GamerTimeUSA said:
1 Volume, 1 Episode......Worst Anime of Fall 2016 already! Plz, be better second episode!

Eh I wouldn't say worse... I mean, haven't seen it but I don't think it can't be as bad as Gakuen Handsome... my god that show was abysmal.
Oct 8, 2016 10:59 PM

Feb 2014
Episode felt like a sped up version of Durarara

The 2 things that triggered me the most would be this

and this

Otherwise show seems ok/10

Oct 8, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2014
well so much to take in...i thought..but a mysterious horror filled poltergeist experience still awaits in the upcoming episodes
Oct 8, 2016 11:09 PM

Oct 2016
im very confuse of what's happening here but i like the to see more of it bcoz that ending got me curious .. i hope they will explain what really is happening in the incoming episodes .. i like the art and op song .. though what really matters to me is that giant tits.. :v
Oct 8, 2016 11:14 PM

Apr 2015
That was so hard to watch which is a shame cause the story seems interesting.
Plus, one screaming yuki kaji character a season is more than enough for me :/ can't handle another one..
Oct 8, 2016 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
yuiyuigahama said:
galimx said:

What you said doesnt matter at all, because the episode was not enjoyable for many obvious reasons. And no, I already dropped it. Wont bother with this anymore. I rather watch something that I actually enjoy.

"im stubborn and wont listen to what anyone has to say"

He's smart and he's keeping himself sane by not doing things he hate. Duh.
Oct 8, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2015
Terrible, just terrible. This was worst pacing in episode, I've seen in my entire life!
This looked like someone decided to fast-forward everything at least 4 times.

EDIT: Fun fact. I actually tried watching some parts in 0.7 speed and they finally speak normal!
RiveonOct 9, 2016 12:29 AM
Oct 9, 2016 12:17 AM

Feb 2016
Why the fuck everyone hate this anime ?...
I don't gonna say that give a judgement at the first episode is bad bcs i don't give a fuck but thas was great, i think...
I really enjoy this first episode and i'm not disappointed at all !

The only thing contrary me that the big tits MC, instead of that i think that was really good for the moment*

(oh and i don't give attention to the studio)
HappyMNOct 9, 2016 12:20 AM
Oct 9, 2016 12:19 AM
Mar 2016
Chendroshee said:
yuiyuigahama said:

"im stubborn and wont listen to what anyone has to say"

according to his post n coment , well he just another A-1 FANBOY He even defended all about them..

"mal never change"

=======================

Tbh I prefer finish Big order than wait these trash
Yuki kaji voice really annoying to death
saidhamidasOct 9, 2016 12:25 AM
Oct 9, 2016 12:22 AM

Aug 2013
dafuq I just watched?
Oct 9, 2016 12:28 AM
Jul 2015
Directed by Super Sonic
Oct 9, 2016 12:40 AM

Feb 2014
I feel like this would be several times better viewed in an english dub simply due to the speed of the dialogue/subtitles. Its just a pain to keep up the reading tempo for 24 minutes straight.
Oct 9, 2016 12:43 AM

Feb 2011
360AttAck said:
Black_wind said:
What? If she's not from anime and she's real you'd fuck her?

^Whut?

@Black_wind Agree, women's shoulder would surely suffer with boobs that big.
Oct 9, 2016 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
grr... i wanna kill that annoying big-boobed girl with a American Krag (Springfield Model 1892-99)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 9, 2016 1:12 AM
Jun 2014
OP - wow this may actually be good
Content - It would be a miracle of I don't drop this, I hope it's 12 episodes.

I'm going to watch this anyway, but I hope the next episodes to be better.
Oct 9, 2016 1:31 AM

Oct 2015
5/5

for the potential.

If you don't understand this its because you cant follow a complex intro, and you probably need to see another easy-plot show in order to feel like you actually watched something.
Oct 9, 2016 1:31 AM

Jan 2014
Ha ha ha I'm interested in Aria Kureinaino design, other than that not much, since I don't take Occult and sh!t like that seriously at all.

Why does almost everybody has cow tits?
Oct 9, 2016 1:32 AM

Jan 2015
This was really good

Looking forward to the next episode
Oct 9, 2016 1:32 AM
Feb 2016
Could someone who has read the light novels explain what happened the episode? It was so rushed I could barely follow it.
Oct 9, 2016 1:34 AM

Dec 2011
saidhamidas said:
Chendroshee said:

according to his post n coment , well he just another A-1 FANBOY He even defended all about them..

"mal never change"

..sorry. There's something wrong with this series after all.
Oct 9, 2016 1:55 AM

Apr 2016
I have to say I personally enjoyed it, though I can see a lot of people (especially in the kissanime comment section) were not such big fans. Yeah it moves kinda fast, but I prefer that to moving excruciatingly slow.

I can definitely see some similarities to the way Steins;Gate ran, especially with the super eccentric characters and the ambiguous first episode.
I reaaallllllyyyy liked the last scene and I'm gonna keep watching.

LETS HOPE IT GETS BETTER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2016 2:09 AM

Oct 2015
It's like you are reading the 400 pages text in just 20 minutes . lol

Well , We don't always get the animation with this kind of type. Looking forward for next episode.
Oct 9, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2016
That gone way too fast, I just activated my adrenaline rushed.

I dunno but there are two things here, maybe A-1 is f**king with us with this first episode, fast pace and showing all that or they did it on a reasonable purpose or what so ever. But it feels I find it interesting on its mystery aspect, although a bit cringey on some moments. As for the animation, I like its semi-surreal especially the animation on the OP and ED, the songs were good.
Oct 9, 2016 2:32 AM

Dec 2010
I doubt anyone got a proper idea of what's going on but overall I'm content with this show. I just hope that things are going to calm a bit since this kind of episodes hardly work for an on-going show.
Oct 9, 2016 2:43 AM

Jul 2014
This feel like the entire DRR series in 20mins.
Incredible over the top and messed.
Oct 9, 2016 3:12 AM
Jan 2013
God....... Damn.........
That was one hell of a huge "plot"
expecting some of her NTR dojin for the next comiket......( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 9, 2016 3:22 AM

Nov 2010
I'm interested of the direction this is gonna take, but holy shit these melon size character designs are horrendous ....
Oct 9, 2016 3:33 AM

May 2015
I really hope this show will get better because I was not impressed at all by this first episode. Everything went by way too fast and I honestly couldn't care less at times of what's going on.

I got so distracted by that one girl's "plot" that it was bugging me at some point. The main male mc is kinda annoying too.

Overall, I'll give this show a few episodes and I'll try to accept the fact that A-1 Pictures just rushed one whole light novel volume in one episode from what I heard. Pretty underwhelming so far.
Janster24Oct 9, 2016 3:49 AM
Oct 9, 2016 3:38 AM
Sep 2015
I can see why a lot of people would say the episode goes too fast.
But I find the pace to have an interesting effect, it forces you to focus.
The pace is so fast because it forces you to focus on everything to gain any information at all.
But that's my thought.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

95 by Ronninn »»
Oct 17, 2022 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.