Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 7, 2016 9:43 PM

Feb 2016
With all the hype that surrounded this show, and how it's still talked about even after the season ended, I am served my disappointed so far. Does this show ever get good? I'm on episode 10 and if I'm not trying not to fall asleep from boredom, I'm thinking "Damn this show is edgy af". Subaru is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen and Rem and Ram get on my nerves. Beatrice, Puck and Emilia are the only characters I even like... I'm sick of watching the same episodes over again just with different endings. If I'm on episode 10 and don't like it, should I just drop it? Will it ever get better?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2016
you either like it or hate it, there really isnt any inbetween, i personally liked it alot, and it starts getting pretty good after ep 15
Oct 7, 2016 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
The plot of Re:Zero, at least as far as this anime adaptation is concerned (I haven't read the LN), follows a varied-linear progression. Subaru knows there's a way out, we know he'll die more than a few times in the process, and the satisfaction mostly comes when he gets there. That's not gonna change.

The short of the matter is that it does get better. I think this is one of the most satisfying series I've watched, but if your opinion of the series is so low already, maybe it won't get much better for you. Since you're so close, I would recommend at least finishing up ep. 11 to determine whether you want to keep with the series. And as a bottom line matter I'd recommend you to finish the series--lots of people have given resounding approval for it for good reason, and frankly the anime series released this season probably won't come close to touching Re:Zero's quality, so might as well.
Oct 8, 2016 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
@OneNaughtyBear
I'm on episode 10 and if I'm not trying not to fall asleep from boredom, I'm thinking "Damn this show is edgy af".
So "edgy af" = "boring"? I'm actually impressed, I would have never thought I'd hear this...

The show will get even more "edgy" later, even if I'm not certain I know what "edgy" means for the average MAL user anymore. In Arc 3, everything starts growing in magnitude.
That means, you'll see more Subaru going bonkers, more gruesome deaths and just a ton of deaths in general, and of course, a lot of characters not being helpful for his situation until the very end.
Subaru is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen
Huh, a more humanlike character unlike all those shounen MCs is annoying? He starts to get used to the prospect of dying a ton later on and starts to use his head more, but his overall behavior does not change since that's his usual facade, the mask he keeps for the people around him. I think that should have been obvious that he's acting it out, unless you think the "real" him is actually annoying, then I have nothing more to say.
and Rem and Ram get on my nerves.
Is it because they think Subaru is suspicious? I guess that's acceptable... You'd just be one of those guys that gets literally backstabbed by the bum you thought will never steal from your house.
I'm sick of watching the same episodes over again just with different endings.
Now this is your fault completely. The synopsis was pretty clear that "history inexplicably repeats itself" after he dies.
If I'm on episode 10 and don't like it, should I just drop it? Will it ever get better?
You seem to dislike the very core of this Anime, I'm not certain you'll ever like it, no matter what they do to it.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Oct 8, 2016 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
I will say this, I'm not finished the anime yet and I agree with you 100%.

However, I just finished episode 15 and holy shit for the first time my jaw is on the floor. Don't know if it's a sign of things to come, but the episode is 10/10. I would say once you finish 15, if you still give no fucks, then drop it
Oct 8, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
no , it becomes more garbage after ep 15
Oct 8, 2016 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
OneNaughtyBear said:
With all the hype that surrounded this show, and how it's still talked about even after the season ended, I am served my disappointed so far. Does this show ever get good? I'm on episode 10 and if I'm not trying not to fall asleep from boredom, I'm thinking "Damn this show is edgy af". Subaru is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen and Rem and Ram get on my nerves. Beatrice, Puck and Emilia are the only characters I even like... I'm sick of watching the same episodes over again just with different endings. If I'm on episode 10 and don't like it, should I just drop it? Will it ever get better?

Well Subaru will become x10 more annoying for you in the next few episodes.However,try to never drop a show because it might become interesting for you later.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Oct 8, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
You liked Clannad, Erased, and 5cm/sec so you'll probably like the second half of this show
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 8, 2016 6:42 AM

Jun 2016
What are you talking about? the first ten episodes are the bests.
Oct 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Feb 2016
Immahnoob said:
@OneNaughtyBear
I'm on episode 10 and if I'm not trying not to fall asleep from boredom, I'm thinking "Damn this show is edgy af".
So "edgy af" = "boring"? I'm actually impressed, I would have never thought I'd hear this...

The show will get even more "edgy" later, even if I'm not certain I know what "edgy" means for the average MAL user anymore. In Arc 3, everything starts growing in magnitude.
That means, you'll see more Subaru going bonkers, more gruesome deaths and just a ton of deaths in general, and of course, a lot of characters not being helpful for his situation until the very end.
Subaru is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen
Huh, a more humanlike character unlike all those shounen MCs is annoying? He starts to get used to the prospect of dying a ton later on and starts to use his head more, but his overall behavior does not change since that's his usual facade, the mask he keeps for the people around him. I think that should have been obvious that he's acting it out, unless you think the "real" him is actually annoying, then I have nothing more to say.
and Rem and Ram get on my nerves.
Is it because they think Subaru is suspicious? I guess that's acceptable... You'd just be one of those guys that gets literally backstabbed by the bum you thought will never steal from your house.
I'm sick of watching the same episodes over again just with different endings.
Now this is your fault completely. The synopsis was pretty clear that "history inexplicably repeats itself" after he dies.
If I'm on episode 10 and don't like it, should I just drop it? Will it ever get better?
You seem to dislike the very core of this Anime, I'm not certain you'll ever like it, no matter what they do to it.

Normally I would address each of your individual points, but instead im just going to say this. I did not make this thread for somebody to try and disprove my reasons for disliking the show, nor did I come looking for a debate (Especially since you seem to have missed majority of my points...). I gave that information for people to help me decide on whether this show is for me or not. You should've cut out all of that crap you quoted me with and just gave the last sentence because you aren't very helpful.

As to the people who actually answered my question, thanks for the replies. I decided Im going to give it until episode 15 and then decide on whether to drop it or not.
Fred457 said:
You liked Clannad, Erased, and 5cm/sec so you'll probably like the second half of this show
Really? Because the romance in this show so far is bs.
CareBearOct 8, 2016 9:19 AM
Oct 8, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:
Fred457 said:

Romance is actually pretty nonexistent tbh
I said what I said because it's one of those anime that try to inspire "the feels" ad infinitum
Aure0linOct 8, 2016 7:39 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 8, 2016 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
@OneNaughtBear
(Especially since you seem to have missed majority of my points...)
Oh so, you don't believe the words you yourself have written? I also don't care why you made this thread, I've answered your question and subsequently showed that you have no idea what you're talking about, it should be a win-win for both of us, why not let yourself be educated for future discussions instead of letting your ego get in the way of fixing your flaws?

Autocrat said:
Oct 8, 2016 7:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well episodes 15 and 18 respectively were what won most people over at least so..
Oct 8, 2016 7:51 AM

Aug 2016
Immahnoob said:
Huh, a more humanlike character unlike all those shounen MCs is annoying?

Yes. People who are humanlike can be annoying (especially in the first two arcs, which seemed to be an intentional part of his character.

I think that should have been obvious that he's acting it out, unless you think the "real" him is actually annoying, then I have nothing more to say.

His acting out is annoying. Saying he's different on the inside does not excuse this.

OneNaughtyBear said:

Normally I would address each of your individual points, but instead im just going to say this. I did not make this thread for somebody to try and disprove [u]my[/] reasons for disliking the show, nor did I come looking for a debate.

>not looking for a debate
>The Internet

I gave that information for people to help me decide on whether this show is for me or not.

I doubt you're going to enjoy it more based on your reasons.

Really? What about it?
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Oct 8, 2016 8:13 AM

Apr 2012
@Psyotic
Yes. People who are humanlike can be annoying (especially in the first two arcs, which seemed to be an intentional part of his character.
Here, let me explain since you're missing the point again. What I'm talking about is justification here. Subaru's character is realistic and justified. Finding that annoying is fine, but using that as a reason to say it's "bad" is a whole different matter.
His acting out is annoying. Saying he's different on the inside does not excuse this.
See above.

Autocrat said:
Oct 8, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2016
Immahnoob said:
Subaru's character is realistic and justified. Finding that annoying is fine, but using that as a reason to say it's "bad" is a whole different matter.

Subaru could be realistic and justified without being annoying. If someone thinks that an annoying character is bad to them, I don't really see what the issue is.
Oct 8, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2015
I say just drop it. You're already right under the half way point and the show doesn't click with you. Even if it gets better for you, it still may not even be worth it at this point. Don't force yourself to finish something you don't like.
Oct 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
Psyotic said:
Subaru could be realistic and justified without being annoying. If someone thinks that an annoying character is bad to them, I don't really see what the issue is.
I don't understand why you have to be so dense... It's as if you don't understand I'm poking at the OP.

Autocrat said:
Oct 8, 2016 9:25 AM

Feb 2016
Immahnoob said:
@OneNaughtBear
(Especially since you seem to have missed majority of my points...)
Oh so, you don't believe the words you yourself have written? I also don't care why you made this thread, I've answered your question and subsequently showed that you have no idea what you're talking about, it should be a win-win for both of us, why not let yourself be educated for future discussions instead of letting your ego get in the way of fixing your flaws?
Are you even thinking about what you're typing? Because you look very silly right now. I think I'll pass on this opportunity to go back and fourth with a cancerous individual on the Internet. Good day sir.
Oct 8, 2016 9:30 AM

Apr 2016
Just watch some random "Rem AMV", that is all this show is about. lol
Oct 8, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2012
OneNaughtyBear said:
Immahnoob said:
@OneNaughtBear
Are you even thinking about what you're typing? Because you look very silly right now. I think I'll pass on this opportunity to go back and fourth with a cancerous individual on the Internet. Good day sir.
Why would you feel the need to answer my post if you really thought that?

Autocrat said:
Oct 8, 2016 12:45 PM

Sep 2016
the execution is shit but it has a good premise
Oct 9, 2016 12:03 AM
Jan 2013
redlight21 said:
the execution is shit but it has a good premise

I don't know if the love I have for this show is biasing my perspective on this topic but what exactly do you mean by "execution" as I really find it difficult trying to understand what you mean?

Was it the pacing? The repetitive nature of the show due to Subaru always dying or as an extension the series' heavy reliance on repeatedly killing Subaru to create shock and/or excitement? Was it Rem's character, or even Subaru's?

You should specify as I find it really hard to have a nice discussion when I have no idea what you mean.
Oct 9, 2016 1:33 AM

Feb 2016
Wow i see over a thousand of baits here
Oct 9, 2016 1:50 AM
Oct 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:

As to the people who actually answered my question, thanks for the replies. I decided Im going to give it until episode 15 and then decide on whether to drop it or not

so how did it go for you? when the first time it happened i find it so annoying like he already knew and all but i try to think like if its really happen to me well i am going to be just as dumb as he is, so i accept it then after i finish this anime, its clims up my top faves.

HaXXspetten said:
well episodes 15 and 18 respectively were what won most people over at least so..

same, and the ending for ep 13 tho ahsskdsls i love it!
Oct 9, 2016 4:44 AM
Oct 2016
Drop it.
MC is OP af and the alternate timelines are sloppy at best.
Oct 9, 2016 5:38 AM
Mar 2016
It's good from episode 1 until end. My only complain ...
Too many problem not getting resolve -_-
I don't want to wait until 2 or 3 season just to see a human got mental breaker
Oct 9, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
pureyato said:
OneNaughtyBear said:

As to the people who actually answered my question, thanks for the replies. I decided Im going to give it until episode 15 and then decide on whether to drop it or not

so how did it go for you? when the first time it happened i find it so annoying like he already knew and all but i try to think like if its really happen to me well i am going to be just as dumb as he is, so i accept it then after i finish this anime, its clims up my top faves.

HaXXspetten said:

same, and the ending for ep 13 tho ahsskdsls i love it!
Don't know yet, haven't had time to watch it
Oct 9, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2016
About the White While arc it gets really good thanks to motherfucking Willhelm.
Oct 9, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2016
dindu said:

MC is OP af and the alternate timelines are sloppy at best.

How is Subaru anywhere near OP? Outside his reset ability and his own wits, he really doesn't have much to arm himself with.

The alternate timelines aren't sloppy either. For the most part, they're able to avoid reshowing us scenes we would otherwise have to rewatch while introducing smaller bits of new information everytime.
Oct 10, 2016 8:35 PM

Feb 2016
tragedydesu said:
no , it becomes more garbage after ep 15
Oh how right you are... This show is trash
Oct 10, 2016 8:40 PM

May 2015
the only reason I could think of is to see more beatrice but her presence in the show becomes more barren over time

also, I find it funny how you find rezero 'edgy af' when you have a tokyo ghoul avatar
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Oct 11, 2016 4:21 AM

Feb 2016
Malarkey said:
the only reason I could think of is to see more beatrice but her presence in the show becomes more barren over time

also, I find it funny how you find rezero 'edgy af' when you have a tokyo ghoul avatar
Beatrice and Pucb were my favorite characters.

And k, I'm glad you were able to git a gud laugh over something so stupid like the "contradiction" of a fan made avatar to what I said. Despite there being a few scenes of this show that screams edgy louder than both series of TG combined ever could. Like episode 15 ending. But I'm still glad you did something that's good for the soul that MAL corrupted :P
Oct 13, 2016 11:28 PM

May 2016
Just read the doujins and forget about this show.
Oct 15, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
No.. this show actually gets worse.
Too much forced drama, unnecessary episodes, bullshit writing, and subaru gets through too much fucking things.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 15, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
OneNaughtyBear said:

No, the good part ended around ep. 6. I continued only cause of the hype and was hugely dissapointed.
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Just read the doujins and forget about this show.

This is basically what all the posts would look like if the Re:Zero fans were honest.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 17, 2016 7:49 PM
Mar 2012
Hmm, Episode 15 is very good, the anime is overall is just overrated.
Oct 17, 2016 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
I mean, it gets worse, if that's what you're looking for. That, being masochistic pleasure (from how bad it is).
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 18, 2016 12:39 AM
Oct 2016
It's not terrible, I have definatley seen worse ....
Oct 18, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
zannet_t said:
The plot of Re:Zero, at least as far as this anime adaptation is concerned (I haven't read the LN), follows a varied-linear progression. Subaru knows there's a way out, we know he'll die more than a few times in the process, and the satisfaction mostly comes when he gets there. That's not gonna change.

Frankly the anime series released this season probably won't come close to touching Re:Zero's quality, so might as well.
The last statement is pretty solid. I don't see anything this season that looks decent, except that one sports anime that I don't watch. Rezero is probably somewhat to a degree what you would call edgy, but I don't want to say that because it makes me think of SAO which it is not. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but later in the series Subaru comes to terms with everything and that is the big turning point for the show.
I know how you feel, I hate the helpless characters in anime, but I feel like it's necessary to show that state of mind that they are in. I know you posted this weeks ago and have either finished the show, or dropped it, but its really great.
Oct 18, 2016 1:21 AM

Aug 2012
OneNaughtyBear said:
I'm on episode 10 and if I'm not trying not to fall asleep from boredom, I'm thinking "Damn this show is edgy af". Subaru is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen and Rem and Ram get on my nerves. Beatrice, Puck and Emilia are the only characters I even like...

If Rem and Ram are getting on your nerves you should drop it. The anime focuses on them more after episode 10 and less on the characters you like.
Oct 18, 2016 1:49 AM

Aug 2015
Episode 15 (or was it 16...?) is the best episode for that season. Other than that no it doesn't
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Oct 18, 2016 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
good, no
enjoyable, maybe
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 18, 2016 9:34 PM

Nov 2014
Fred457 said:
OneNaughtyBear said:

I said what I said because it's one of those anime that try to inspire "the feels" ad infinitum
as a person who just finished watching this series and rewatching eps 18, im just gonna sit in my chair and laugh at u two, because of how ridiculously wrong u r.
Oct 19, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:
Fred457 said:

as a person who just finished watching this series and rewatching eps 18, im just gonna sit in my chair and laugh at u two, because of how ridiculously wrong u r.

I watched ep 18 too and that's less romance being developed and more of an extended confession being rejected
The actual romance is supposed to be between Emilia and Subaru
Aure0linOct 19, 2016 10:51 AM
Oct 19, 2016 1:23 PM

Nov 2014
Fred457 said:
ttcchen said:

I watched ep 18 too and that's less romance being developed and more of an extended confession being rejected
and did u finish the series?
Oct 19, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:
Fred457 said:

Yeah and it would take an interesting definition of romance to say that re zero actually has one.
That applies to the anime at least; I dont know about the novels
Oct 19, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
Fred457 said:
ttcchen said:

Yeah and it would take an interesting definition of romance to say that re zero actually has one.
u sound like someone who'd never experienced love and thus has no idea what love is. i pity u man
Oct 19, 2016 2:10 PM

May 2015
No, the show gets much worse from episode 12 onwards and it also doesn't go anywhere.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 19, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
ttcchen said:
Fred457 said:

u sound like someone who'd never experienced love and thus has no idea what love is. i pity u man

If love at first sight is supposed to be a thing irl I'm not sure I'd want to know what love is supposed to be either
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.