Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2016 11:46 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In which Zenigata is murdered! Except not really of course, and it's even pretty much confirmed immediately. Another episode expanding on the relationship between Lupin and Zenigata, which is one of my favorites in the series. What surprised me a bit was Goemon and especially Fujiko's abandonment of Lupin when they thought he killed Pops. Although you could argue they should've known better from the start, but at least they come to their senses fairly quickly. And that final scene of Zenigata watching the gang leave, appreciative of their aid, was nice. :)
Nov 3, 2016 3:37 AM

Jul 2008
Do not mess with Zenigata or incur his wrath...as well as Lupin's.
Mar 14, 2019 5:48 AM

Oct 2012
Did they just try to cremate Zenigata with the coffin? xD

Sleeping dart? That's not what it looked like, it's like fake death pill
Aww best episode! xD
"Signature removed"
May 22, 2019 4:19 PM

Nov 2016
Yo, Fujiko is the last person allowed to be disappointed in Lupin, she should know better btw.

Another great episode, I just can't get enough of Lupin's and Zenigata's bromance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
A corrupt inspector used one of his men to kill Zenigata in order to get a promotion, framed Lupin for it, and got rid of the man who shot so there wouldn't be any witnesses. Crazy, and scary stuff, but the officer never shot to kill Zenigata, and thanks to Lupin his body was protected long enough for him to come back. It was also nice to see Goemon and Fujiko helping Lupin after doubting him for a moment, but I'm sure they never truly believed that he could kill Zenigata.
Dec 23, 2020 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Another great episode, I'm enjoying the drama/adventure episodes more than the comedy. We're approaching the point at which The Castle of Cagliostro was released, which is supposed to be good. The main series has also been better recently with the adventure episodes, although some of them feel rushed, so it's good that the writers got to show their skills in a longer format.

Also great to see more of the Zenigata/Lupin relationship, it's an interesting dynamic, being friends and enemies at the same time, much like Fujiko and Lupin are somewhere between rivals and lovers.
Mar 21, 2023 11:16 PM

Oct 2018
This is a far superior Pops "dies" story than the Walther-P38 tv special.
~Spiritual Healing~

Apr 29, 7:09 PM
Dec 2022
I cant believe Zenigata died (real)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 124 Discussion

Serhiyko - Nov 4, 2013

6 by wallus81 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 118 Discussion

Serhiyko - Oct 12, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
May 15, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 69 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 25, 2013

10 by SleepingBear »»
May 14, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 117 Discussion

Serhiyko - Oct 8, 2013

6 by puffle9000 »»
Apr 30, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 100 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 14, 2013

6 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.